Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:52:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Retracted]  (Read 6740 times)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 12:04:51 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2012, 01:49:52 AM by bitcoin.me

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117715.0

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:12:04 AM

While I think the fake GLBSE situation wasn't handled correctly by Nefario, Goat was merely exploiting his word.

Knowing Goat, he probably anticipated this happening, or something like it.

Nefario said the shares would be honored, so Goat bought in.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 01:10:24 AM

Don't think he's a scammer "per se", the correct "tag" would be: Level 2 of Morality Development! Grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kohlberg's_stages_of_moral_development
Stage two (self-interest driven) espouses the "what's in it for me" position, in which right behavior is defined by whatever is in the individual's best interest. Stage two reasoning shows a limited interest in the needs of others, but only to a point where it might further the individual's own interests. As a result, concern for others is not based on loyalty or intrinsic respect, but rather a "You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours." mentality.[2] The lack of a societal perspective in the pre-conventional level is quite different from the social contract (stage five), as all actions have the purpose of serving the individual's own needs or interests. For the stage two theorist, the world's perspective is often seen as morally relative.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 01:15:29 AM

I updated the OP with evidence of Goat's scammy business practices. Is he going to repay the people he sold the shares too ?

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 02:53:20 AM

He abused Nefario's goodwill to sell fake GLBSE shares to unsuspecting victims for his own profit and deserves a scammer label.

This-
I sold 2x at 10 btc and one at 11 btc.

I paid something like .05 btc for them. I still have many more I will sell but looking to get close to 10BTC each  Wink

When Nefario offered to basically double Goat's original investment
We will be executing a forced buyback for all the outstanding shares of the asset GLBSE that was a scam asset, we will be paying the same price per asset that was paid when the scam happened (0.1BTC).

When the event happened, I didn't have the power to declare those assets as legitimate and doing so was a mistake on my part.

Nefario.

I think only Nefario can claim a scammer tag since it is between him and goat.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:28:08 AM

One can only wonder if Goatse was the criminal behind the original fake issue of GLBSE? He was certainly very active issuing other assets at that unregulated time, and seems to be awfully wounded and full of pride about having those fake assets honored, which his own words seem to indicate he purchased well after they were know to be fake.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:48:56 AM

Keep trying rice boy, someday you may just get a clue.
phungus

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

I'm doin' fine on cloud 9

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 01:52:43 PM

This is the second time I've seen you slander this other person by calling him 'rice boy'.

That does not help YOUR reputation at all.

I have no interest in this other than it's an interesting community development.

People who slander other people fall down a few notches in my eyes because they show themselves to be unconscious people who have no empathy for others.

-p

I can do stuff
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 09:37:07 PM

This is the second time I've seen you slander this other person by calling him 'rice boy'.

Because he's trying to sell rice

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
phungus

Activity: 128

I'm doin' fine on cloud 9

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:53:37 AM

Well, okay then. I now understand. Goat is a trying to be a rice farmer. :-)

I had no idea.

Honestly, I don't care at all. I think I was just reading too many forum posts this morning. I should refrain from doing that after my normal wake routine. :-)

-p

I can do stuff
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 01:06:01 AM

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:12:30 AM

nefarino is a scammer
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:38:19 PM

Don't think he's a scammer "per se", the correct "tag" would be: Level 2 of Morality Development! Grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kohlberg's_stages_of_moral_development
Stage two (self-interest driven) espouses the "what's in it for me" position, in which right behavior is defined by whatever is in the individual's best interest. Stage two reasoning shows a limited interest in the needs of others, but only to a point where it might further the individual's own interests. As a result, concern for others is not based on loyalty or intrinsic respect, but rather a "You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours." mentality.[2] The lack of a societal perspective in the pre-conventional level is quite different from the social contract (stage five), as all actions have the purpose of serving the individual's own needs or interests. For the stage two theorist, the world's perspective is often seen as morally relative.

Wow, I didn't know there where such classification. That's exactly what I thought what Goats problem is, but failed to describe it.

I don't mean that offensive. That is just really the way I think Goat ticks.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 01:19:41 PM

I don't know what the goat on the boat thing is about but I could not help myself

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Damn, I was hoping there was something funny behind it lol.

guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:37:43 PM

That does not help YOUR reputation at all.

I have no interest in this other than it's an interesting community development.

People who slander other people fall down a few notches in my eyes because they show themselves to be unconscious people who have no empathy for others.

-p

People who have nothing more convincing than epithets just get ignored. If Loup wasn't calling him riceboy, he'd use some other implied derogation. It really diminishes his credibility.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 12:35:24 AM

First off... you have completely taken the remark out of context. It was not derogatory, it was a reference to another thread where Goat and I are enjoying a lively debate about his proposal to denude Southeast Asia and start a forced labor concentration camp for rice farming, all while illegally investing under false premises in land he cannot legally own, at this time.

Secondly... you have mis-characterized my remark by making a contraction of "rice" and "boy". I referred to him as "rice boy", a phrase clearly not intended for cheap racial slander, but a play on his next investment vehicle.

Third... comments are not the fabric of the credibility universe. Content is. If I consistently state truth, if I decry the false for what it is, that esse quam videri credibility. If you choose to support an alternate viewpoint, and I encourage you to do so, you can only judge my credibility through the filter of time and historical fact. Right now, Goat's dishonest dealings are a hot topic with me. My credibility on that issue will be available for review in due time when and if Goat is proven to be a scammer because of his support of the pirate long con; his intentional mis-information campaign against Nefario and GLBSE;, his legacy of failed assets on GLBSE that have done nothing but produce losses for the investors in the long term, which has now been banned due to his irrational behavior; and the possibility of his share-cropping scheme as a bitcoin investment, which involves a number of moral concerns, legal entanglements and outright wrong behavior.
oldschool

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 02:29:39 AM

LOL - funniest thing I've read on the forums all day....
I am neutral in my thoughts on all this, and I personally thought what a racist to say 'rice boy' but now I do remember reading the thread a few days ago about buying a rice field... holy shit that was funny man

+1
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 03:08:01 AM

He abused Nefario's goodwill to sell fake GLBSE shares to unsuspecting victims for his own profit and deserves a scammer label.
Say Nefario says, "I'll buy gold for $10,000 per ounce". So Goat buys a bunch of gold expecting to sell it for $10,000 per ounce. Then Nefario says, "Sorry, I can't pay that much", I'll have to give you much less. You think *Goat* is scamming?

Goat relied on a representation that Nefario made where Nefario specifically intended that representation to increase the value of the previously worthless asset. If this is scammy behavior, it's only because he should have somehow known not to rely on Nefario's word. Nefario certainly had apparent authority to make that offer, though it now seems he didn't have the actual authority.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
oldschool

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:44:35 AM

LOL - funniest thing I've read on the forums all day....
I am neutral in my thoughts on all this, and I personally thought what a racist to say 'rice boy' but now I do remember reading the thread a few days ago about buying a rice field... holy shit that was funny man

+1

Farming is comedy gold!  Wink

No matter what any of these people say, I still think your a good guy goat.... and if nothing else you've brought me some comedy relief on the forums!

Everyone keeps thinking goat is scamming, I think it might just be that he's unlucky as hell with all the things he's been scammed on lately.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: