Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pirate and the SEC - Alleged e-mails.  (Read 21265 times)
TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:06:47 PM

And here I thought these forums were caveat emptor.  The moment you lose, though, you run crying to the Big Government you hate so much to clean up your mess for you.  I guess you'll start paying taxes on your bitcoin earnings now that you're defending them with federal socialized resources.
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:44:11 PM

And here I thought these forums were caveat emptor.  The moment you lose, though, you run crying to the Big Government you hate so much to clean up your mess for you.  I guess you'll start paying taxes on your bitcoin earnings now that you're defending them with federal socialized resources.
So you're saying that scammers should be allowed to go free?
Sure, that sounds like a great way to build trust in the bitcoin economy  Roll Eyes
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:11:30 AM

The investigator will not pick up the phone anyone else have luck? Next the FTC will be after butterfly labs lol
He did.  I talked to him.

Oh, they've been reached quite all right https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112438.0

The party boat is coming for pirate.
First off: Never in my phone call did he say pirate was going to prison.  They are investigating it, but anything can happen.

Wait, so Shavers was already convicted?
No, they are doing an investigation.  See above response as well.

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:20:45 AM

The investigator will not pick up the phone anyone else have luck? Next the FTC will be after butterfly labs lol

Oh, they've been reached quite all right https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112438.0

First off: Never in my phone call did he say pirate was going to prison.  They are investigating it, but anything can happen.

Any chance we can get a rundown of your call?
aura.flux

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:26:04 AM

+1
sebicas

Activity: 69
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 12:26:55 AM

Did you register for gpumax?

Yes, I did.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 01:42:19 AM

The SEC is investigating ZEEK rewards (see: http://www.sec.gov/divisions/enforce/claims/zekerewards.htm ) and because Zeek rewards has been discussed on this forum as a possible explanation for the exact date BTCST defaulted, the SEC could be investigating a possible association.

In that case, Tom Williams of mybitcoin.com once claimed to be associated with Zeek Rewards. The link is no longer available, but if I remember correctly some guy named Bruce Wagner introduced him to the Zeek clan.

I believe the above tidbit is enough to get the SEC to look into the above mentioned entity.

~Bruno~
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:35:41 AM

He might "owe" 5 million, but probably only stole 0.5 to 2 million (this is range is a complete guess on my part).  Most of that five million figure is fake interest and was never backed by anything.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 03:43:20 AM

and this actually surprises people here?

It seems the problem for some people is they think the law of the land does not actually apply to Bitcoin, but believe me uncle sam does not care if your trading in Bitcoins or camel dung, he's going to get his piece of the pie.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:50:50 AM

I have no doubt that by the end of today, Philip Moustakis will have received emails describing every Bitcoin hack, theft and scam to date in great detail.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 03:54:28 AM

and this actually surprises people here?

It seems the problem for some people is they think the law of the land does not actually apply to Bitcoin, but believe me uncle sam does not care if your trading in Bitcoins or camel dung, he's going to get his piece of the pie.

Was that intentional?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:00:57 AM

I have no doubt that by the end of today, Philip Moustakis will have received emails describing every Bitcoin hack, theft and scam to date in great detail.

Well, Pirate sure did great things for Bitcoin then, didn't he ?......

"just selling coins through the system"......"Dead Man's Switch".......FUCKING BULLSHIT.

I am a firm believer in the scorched earth way of doing business, so if I don't get my BTC back from him, I will make sure he doesn't get to keep them either.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:08:05 AM

Well, Pirate sure did great things for Bitcoin then, didn't he ?......

"just selling coins through out of the system"......"Dead Man's Switch".......FUCKING BULLSHIT.

I am a firm believer in the scorched earth way of doing business, so if I don't get my BTC back from him, I will make sure he doesn't get to keep them either.

I am very curious how you plan on doing that.

ALSO FTFY. Can't misquote the great pirate quotes LOL! PussyAt30.......

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 06:39:20 AM

I think you don't understand what "caveat emptor" is. You may want to check out the wikipedia page. In particular, this portion: "The only exception was if the seller actively concealed latent defects or otherwise made material misrepresentations amounting to fraud."

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:03:26 AM

Which is to say, in greatly erroneous detail. The poor guy has a private emailed copy of knowyourmeme + SA by now.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
danieldaniel

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:06:51 PM

Sure.  I'll make a pastebin in a sec so that when people ask, I paste a link.

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:07:13 PM

That would require a week long phone call
 Grin
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:13:00 PM

I just called to make sure the email was not a spoof lol So he can change the title to Emails not alleged they are as real as can be. The thing is people here think I told him things he already did not know. If he had all those emails do you think they have already not started to dig?

danieldaniel

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:23:27 PM

http://pastebin.com/RPKW4XkK

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:28:22 PM

http://pastebin.com/RPKW4XkK

Thanks, that's very interesting. This could have some impact on bitcoin indeed. Wonder what's next, but I guess the 12st of october have something to do with it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: