Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:48:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pirate and the SEC - Alleged e-mails.  (Read 21274 times)
fbastage

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:44:09 PM

I think there's far too much going on in modern times for people to know much of anything.  All that, AND the glut of entertainment and luxury that we live in.  It's disappointing sometimes, but makes a lot of sense.

That's my excuse, anyway.

(and I feel bad for getting into this AIG thing and getting off topic of the thread's original purpose)
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:50:24 PM

People who did not get the joke, buy and read The Big Short before posting again.
I only read, like, the first half of it and I get it.
* danieldaniel laughs

Yeah, but someone must have spoiled the ending for you.
Nope.  I just know that they were insuring peoples mortgages who ended up not paying them back.

You didn't notice that whole housing bubble, recession, bank crash thing in the news?
I was so young!  I didn't really care back then.  All I cared about is whether I could get that new iPride.

danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:53:53 PM

Its sad to see there's people that still have the response that danieldaniel had, ignorance is bliss am i right?

Im not attacking you personally daniel, im just stating that your conditioning from living within the states is showing.
No offense taken, and I completely understand.  However, I wouldn't consider myself ignorant on what happened.  I was more trolling when I laughed than anything.

I do, mostly, understand what happened.  Banks were making really shitty loans to people who wouldn't pay back, then AIG insured everything (I know this isn't everything; trying to be concise).

And I lied about the no offense taken, I was offended, I just understand that from what you read I may have appeared ignorant on the situation.  Also, if you don't believe that I was trolling, take a look at the #bitcoin-otc logs... I troll.  A lot.

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 01:12:56 AM

I am a Marine "once a Marine always a Marine" I got my booklet from Marine Federal Credit Union today they issue once every 4 months. I open it up and behold Zeek Rewards scheme lexington NC lol. Just thought it was funny and would share that fact.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 07:41:31 PM

I got exactly the same email an hour ago...
Here is the full copy: http://pastie.org/4791945

- Anyone know what is this about?
- How did they got my email address?

I didn't invest with Pirate, so I honestly don't know why I am receiving this anyways.

Did you give him a rating on OTC?  It seems that everyone getting it so far has rated Pirate on OTC.
I have received this email, from a legitimate .gov address. AFAIK they got my address from OTC somehow... I rated him -10 for "defaulted on large loan."

Not sure if I agree with you. I also rated him -10 and my email can be found on my public key(just like yours) and I didn't get any email.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:53:51 PM

I got exactly the same email an hour ago...
Here is the full copy: http://pastie.org/4791945

- Anyone know what is this about?
- How did they got my email address?

I didn't invest with Pirate, so I honestly don't know why I am receiving this anyways.

Did you give him a rating on OTC?  It seems that everyone getting it so far has rated Pirate on OTC.
I have received this email, from a legitimate .gov address. AFAIK they got my address from OTC somehow... I rated him -10 for "defaulted on large loan."

Not sure if I agree with you. I also rated him -10 and my email can be found on my public key(just like yours) and I didn't get any email.
Don't know what to tell you :/
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 12:59:09 AM

Don't ask for a bitcoin economy which isn't regulated or enforced by anyone or anything then expect the government of the united states of america (who all of you apparently detest with a vengeance) to bail you out.

Just saying it's extremely hypocritical and makes libertarians look even more like a bunch of whiners.
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 02:07:49 AM

Don't ask for a bitcoin economy which isn't regulated or enforced by anyone or anything then expect the government of the united states of america (who all of you apparently detest with a vengeance) to bail you out.

Just saying it's extremely hypocritical and makes libertarians look even more like a bunch of whiners.

There are no libertarians.

People get upset about the government (of any country, but the USA > rest of solar system) but it's just a bunch of people.  Believing that many people with their own motives and incentives are "aligned" with any single agenda is kind of silly and juvenile.  Of course they're going to be whiners.

The government is just emergent behavior.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 02:48:04 AM

A little gasoline for this fire?

Anybody remember when the wheels were coming off this pirate thing how he was demanding all investor's details through his secret group of Pass Through Pimps on OTC? Remember seeing those logs where he demand individual contact and account details?

Anybody want to take a guess why those might have been important now? Think maybe somebody was already selling his ass to the SEC? Think maybe pirate has a relationship with the SEC and/or the DEA since he has ties with SR?
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 04:23:17 PM

Anybody remember when the wheels were coming off this pirate thing how he was demanding all investor's details through his secret group of Pass Through Pimps on OTC? Remember seeing those logs where he demand individual contact and account details?

Anybody want to take a guess why those might have been important now? Think maybe somebody was already selling his ass to the SEC? Think maybe pirate has a relationship with the SEC and/or the DEA since he has ties with SR?
Yup.  It was pretty much apparent he was working with the feds at that point.  There was absolutely no reason why he would have needed that info for anything else.  If he really wanted to pay people back, he could have just put up a 1.00 BTC bid wall for the pass-through securities.  It was painfully apparent that he had no intention of paying anything back.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 04:25:00 PM

The amount of information pirateat40 was requesting was just enough for him to pay the investors directly and fell far short of what the IRS routinely requires a payer in the United States to collect. My conclusions were that pirateat40's motivation here although sinister had little to do with any US government agency.

By the way the SEC not withstanding I do not believe we have heard the last of pirateat40 and his attempted manipulations of the Bitcoin market.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 04:45:27 PM

And here I thought these forums were caveat emptor.  The moment you lose, though, you run crying to the Big Government you hate so much to clean up your mess for you.  I guess you'll start paying taxes on your bitcoin earnings now that you're defending them with federal socialized resources.

This. Bitcoin is not a government backed currency, that's cool and all, but then why should the government give a flip about it? I mean no one is really paying taxes on bitcoin. I'm not here to talk about the inherent value fiat currency or anything, fiat currency and bitcoins are equally worthless. The government is backing their fiat currency however, so they can apply whatever rules they want to it, bitcoin has no backer and thus no rules.

This whole situation reminds me of the simpsons episode where homer is sent out to hide as a missionary. When trying to get out of becoming a missionary he says "but I don't even believe in Jebus" but the reverend shoves him on the plane anyway, as the plane is taking off homer yells "HELP ME JEBUS!"
fbastage

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

bitcoin has no backer and thus no rules.

bitcoin, like anything of value, has some inherent 'rules' (even if they're not RULES, still expectations, and laws that apply to it).  If you steal, you're breaking one of those rules.

and governments are charged with maintaining law and order, and should do so whether or not they benefit from taxation of a certain resource.  imo.

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:11:00 PM

bitcoin, like anything of value, has some inherent 'rules' (even if they're not RULES, still expectations, and laws that apply to it).  If you steal, you're breaking one of those rules.

and governments are charged with maintaining law and order, and should do so whether or not they benefit from taxation of a certain resource.  imo.

fair enough, still why is it the SEC? This is on par with defrauding people of millions of pokemon cards.
fbastage

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:13:01 PM

fair enough, still why is it the SEC? This is on par with defrauding people of millions of pokemon cards.

I guess that's up to the SEC to decide or argue that it's in their jurisdiction.  It seems they may have initiated this on their side.  I think it could very well apply, though I imagine the community of bitcoiners won't all agree on if it's a good precedent.  That's a whole other story, though.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:18:58 PM

Defrauding people millions of pokemon cards - Not SEC
Setting up unregistered pokemon card securities and selling them to unsophisticated investors - Possibly SEC.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:13:54 AM

For those who don't follow the mining forums.

Quote from: gigavps
Per the #gpumax channel topic on freenode:

Quote from: pirateat40
<pirateat40> GPUMAX will be down on 10/08 at 12:00 AM CST.  The system may or may not come back up depending on the new owners.

Screenshot from reddit

https://i.imgur.com/yJV70.png

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:42:36 AM

For those who don't follow the mining forums.

Quote from: gigavps
Per the #gpumax channel topic on freenode:

Quote from: pirateat40
<pirateat40> GPUMAX will be down on 10/08 at 12:00 AM CST.  The system may or may not come back up depending on the new owners.

Screenshot from reddit

https://i.imgur.com/yJV70.png

So the owners of GPUMAX are selling?

Wow...lol what bullshit....both entities were linked through financial means for sure.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 01:51:00 AM

And here I thought these forums were caveat emptor.  The moment you lose, though, you run crying to the Big Government you hate so much to clean up your mess for you.  I guess you'll start paying taxes on your bitcoin earnings now that you're defending them with federal socialized resources.

This. Bitcoin is not a government backed currency, that's cool and all, but then why should the government give a flip about it? I mean no one is really paying taxes on bitcoin. I'm not here to talk about the inherent value fiat currency or anything, fiat currency and bitcoins are equally worthless. The government is backing their fiat currency however, so they can apply whatever rules they want to it, bitcoin has no backer and thus no rules.

This whole situation reminds me of the simpsons episode where homer is sent out to hide as a missionary. When trying to get out of becoming a missionary he says "but I don't even believe in Jebus" but the reverend shoves him on the plane anyway, as the plane is taking off homer yells "HELP ME JEBUS!"

Do you really want people killing each other because there is no other way to get justice ? Governments are supposed to exist to provide a justice system at least so people dont resort to pulling guns on each other. Absent this check and balance you get warlordism and "natural justice", eye for an eye kind of thing. You cant  tell people not to do that sort of justice if at the same time you wont let them use the government...

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 01:53:51 AM

Defrauding people millions of pokemon cards - Not SEC
Setting up unregistered pokemon card securities and selling them to unsophisticated investors - Possibly SEC.

Ironically if the SEC shuts down glbse and prevents the remaining securities from managing their shareholders that will cause a greater loss than pirate  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: