Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:49:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got off the phone with the Guy from the S.E.C  (Read 28472 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 03:38:33 PM

Did GLBSE ever verify the identity of Pirate40 ?

Why would we verify pirate40? He never listed listed anything on GLBSE. How are we supposed to verify people who don't even use our platform?

So why was GLBSE brought up in this topic ?

Same reason BFL was, the guy mentioned us in passing when asking about pirate.

This SEC guy is sneaky

Maybe I should go down and meet him. Not sure if its a good idea.

What do you think ?

Being that you have a real business that is successful, being proactive is a good suggestion.  I would bring an attorney if possible or at least have one on call that can be available and do a little coaching before you show up.

Of course, I would never go alone, but by bringing an identified lawyer may make them be 'hands off' with giving me information and possibly make me look suspicious.

I'd likely bring our in-house counsel and identify him as my advisor.

We have some friends in the SEC and gonna pull some strings to see who this guy's boss is and come from on top of him.

I just dont want the SEC spinning this into an anti-Bitcoin suit.

-Charlie 

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
BitcoinINV (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:43:44 PM

Why would we verify pirate40? He never listed listed anything on GLBSE. How are we supposed to verify people who don't even use our platform?

This SEC guy is sneaky

What do you think ?

Being that you have a real business that is successful, being proactive is a good suggestion.  I would bring an attorney if possible or at least have one on call that can be available and do a little coaching before you show up.

Of course, I would never go alone, but by bringing an identified lawyer may make them be 'hands off' with giving me information and possibly make me look suspicious.

We have some friends in the SEC and gonna pull some strings to see who this guy's boss is and come from on top of him.

-Charlie 

That would be fantastic please keep us updated on what happens, if you go.

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:18:14 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 04:38:44 PM by Vandroiy

-Charlie  

Thank you! It's important that we all help draw the line between Bitcoin and a few rogue greedy people abusing it.

Fraud is bad, and action against it much appreciated. Attacking Bitcoin and its infrastructure, however, is unacceptable and outright absurd. Nobody should want that. I'd like it if that feeling of wrong and absurd gets conveyed when this topic comes up, and that they understand Bitcoin is not as easily replaceable as centrally created currencies.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:27:01 PM

Because of all the pirate pass-through bonds that were listed on GLBSE, one presumes.

Gotta investigate, to determine if GLBSE was a "front" or "enabler" for Pirate's BS&T.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
PirateHatForTea

Activity: 181
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:31:21 PM

Charlie / Yankee, I don't see what you gain by talking to investigators.

This vid is more about police and criminal cases, but it is still very much worth watching and the lessons are still applicable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc - "Don't talk to the police"

Draw from it what you will, but give it a look over before you decide whether to talk to the SEC.

Unlevereged financial instruments acting as a store of value that fluctuate 50% within 10 minutes is perfectly acceptable. I think it should be offered in IRA form to soon to be retirees.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:32:14 PM

Hardly.  BFL was mentioned because the OP is an ass who wants to make trouble.

GLBSE is a reasonable target for a Ponzi investigation, as it was a vehicle for making investment in Pirate very easy (via PPT's).

Mind you I'm not claiming GLBSE is guilty of anything...  just noting that reasonable people can understand why GLBSE is receiving attention from Ponzi investigators.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:44:04 PM

So I called the guy on the email, left a voice mail and expected him to email me. Well As I was getting ready to hop in the shower he called back. Pirate40 is going to Prison...... he did not say the exchange was going to be closed cause he could not disclose that information but he asked 1000's of questions about it. When I told him I was going to move my money he said, might not be a bad Idea. I answered all the questions honestly, he had me on speaker phone and told me anything I said could be used for court purposes.
NOW
On to butterfly labs, I told him the situation with them and he told me to file complaints with the FTC and my state attorney gen...
advice for butterfly labs, expect a call lol.
He asked tons of questions about PPT operators, theymos and how to buy bitcoins.
I have to head out now but Ill update with more info to questions when I get back tonight.

^This is the kind of post I hate.

The reasons:

- it starts off with "So" (the beginning of any stupid story)
- it says NOW in bold to carry the readers away from the interesting part to a personal issue of no interest to anybody, and no given specifics
- it mentions the author about to hop in the shower
- it makes a preposterous claim with no information to back it up like he was the state attorney himself ("pirate's going to prison")
- it says "he asked tons of questions", leaving you with tons of questions
- essentially the author just gets the reader hyped then says "but I gotta run now (meeting my fiance at the theater or something)" taking his time to come up with more bullshit he can tell you later this evening

So let me rewrite the original article:

"Hi guys! I just dared calling the evil fed and now I'm so excited I gotta tell you to make myself look important, too! And look! I have a girlfriend as you can clearly see in my avatar picture!"

BitcoinINV (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:01:10 PM

So I called the guy on the email, left a voice mail and expected him to email me. Well As I was getting ready to hop in the shower he called back. Pirate40 is going to Prison...... he did not say the exchange was going to be closed cause he could not disclose that information but he asked 1000's of questions about it. When I told him I was going to move my money he said, might not be a bad Idea. I answered all the questions honestly, he had me on speaker phone and told me anything I said could be used for court purposes.
NOW
On to butterfly labs, I told him the situation with them and he told me to file complaints with the FTC and my state attorney gen...
advice for butterfly labs, expect a call lol.
He asked tons of questions about PPT operators, theymos and how to buy bitcoins.
I have to head out now but Ill update with more info to questions when I get back tonight.

^This is the kind of post I hate.

The reasons:

- it starts off with "So" (the beginning of any stupid story)
- it says NOW in bold to carry the readers away from the interesting part to a personal issue of no interest to anybody, and no given specifics
- it mentions the author about to hop in the shower
- it makes a preposterous claim with no information to back it up like he was the state attorney himself ("pirate's going to prison")
- it says "he asked tons of questions", leaving you with tons of questions
- essentially the author just gets the reader hyped then says "but I gotta run now (meeting my fiance at the theater or something)" taking his time to come up with more bullshit he can tell you later this evening

So let me rewrite the original article:

"Hi guys! I just dared calling the evil fed and now I'm so excited I gotta tell you to make myself look important, too! And look! I have a girlfriend as you can clearly see in my avatar picture!"

Damn sorry I hurt your feelings lol

BitcoinINV (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:28:03 PM

Nothing was mentioned in passing he asked questions I answered I know of 3 people that talked to him and had the same type of convo. He knew well before he talked to me what he wanted to know. Like I said he has been reading the forums and all the info. Call him yourself, ask get off my nuts.

Hardly.  BFL was mentioned because the OP is an ass who wants to make trouble.

Can we get a snitch tag on BitcoinINV? Seriously can we?

Ill build you a bridge Gweedo so you can get over it and live under it.

Did you not just say you were going to turn me in?

Did you not just say you were going to turn me into the S.E.C or was I mistaken?
Don't worry I have my call with the S.E.C today and I will make sure they know who you are, btw if they recorded you why didn't you ask for a copy and post it on the forum? Or did you wave that. Also I am I going to show them your violence that you have threaten me with so that should void out anything you told them. I hope you know your the troll, I hope your LLC is updated.

BitcoinINV (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:36:50 PM

I fall under hobby tax right now so good luck with that...... make bitcoin a bigger target while your at it

who snitchin now lol

EDIT:I'm rolling now your going to turn me into the I.R.S for taxes I have not yet had a chance to pay on? Dude I pay taxes in April don't know about you.

BitcoinINV (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:43:07 PM

Ok gweedo  Cool

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:44:23 PM

Charlie / Yankee, I don't see what you gain by talking to investigators.

This vid is more about police and criminal cases, but it is still very much worth watching and the lessons are still applicable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc - "Don't talk to the police"

Draw from it what you will, but give it a look over before you decide whether to talk to the SEC.

Awesome video! Back at ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJrQBwJpqk

-
goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:52:09 PM

Damn sorry I hurt your feelings lol

No feelings hurt you're just annoying lol

BitcoinINV (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:55:27 PM

I can take that, better then following all my posts and trolling me out, like gweedo.

HDSolar

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 07:07:25 PM

This SEC guy is sneaky

What do you think ?
That is a great idea but you might want to talk to your lawyer to be safe.  It would be nice to hear your feedback but not at the cost of exposing your operation.

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 08:31:16 PM

Ill build you a bridge Gweedo so you can get over it and live under it.

Stop mixing your metaphors!  It's unseemly.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:34:23 PM

This SEC guy is sneaky

What do you think ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:57:17 PM

This SEC guy is sneaky

What do you think ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

and this: http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594035229
aura.flux

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 11:19:08 PM

Fuck, I hope GLBSE can handle this one if shit hits the fan.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 01:13:54 AM

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: