Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:51:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EskimoBob is a scammer, witness reports inside  (Read 9008 times)
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:00:29 PM

Just read the constitution (I assume you mean of Thailand cuz that is where I am) and I don't see what you are talking about...

Section 29: Restriction of such rights and liberties as recognized by the Constitution shall not be imposed on a person except by virtue of provisions of the law which must not affect the essential substances of such rights and liberties.

Nope... mine does not have that...

Yes it does. Don't be silly Goat, you would have to learn by now that I am very well versed in such things. I quoted your constitution.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Thailand_(2007)/Chapter_3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:04:43 PM

I thought that was just about being rude to the king?
greyhawk

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:10:06 PM

I thought that was just about being rude to the king?

Pretty good rule of thumb, not a good idea to be rude to a King anywhere Smiley

Well, being rude worked for the French and the Russians at least.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:15:58 PM

Usagi, if you really like to talk about contracts, go and take a look at your NYAN.A and B fk ups like investing in pirate-like crap called OBSI.HRPT.
You really like to talk about how much a contract (not some silly chat in IRC) is worth for you?
Crawl back to your BS business ventures and start reading your own contracts. LOL

Usagi, consider your imaginary contract invalid. You owe me a public apology

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
vampire

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:26:49 PM

Thank you for providing direct proof that you violated your end of the contract.

Note to vamp & others: No one said he was not free to talk; only that he agreed he'd get a scammer tag if he did. This is pretty cut and dried; he agreed seven times, there were multiple witnesses, escrow was requested by EskimoBob and I paid for the escrow.

My suggested terms (to Maged) for the removal of the scammer tag is 5.3btc (the value of the transaction) + 2btc (the escrow fee) returned to me by EskimoBob.

It doesn't matter what he agreed to. He cannot to agree to something that violates his basic rights (i.e. constitution).
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:35:45 PM

Usagi, even if EskimoBob agreed to a contract with you to shut him up, which I am not saying he did, it only shows how dumb you are:

You cannot enforce a contract that violates the constitution of every free country in the world.

Also, this forum should be about free speech and it should be kept that way.

If you want to play dictator, go back to your great venture scams and go on playing your investors.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:20:30 PM

Sorry but this is ridiculous and I'm against it. I'm not going to censor someone or scammer tag them just for expressing their right to free speech, no matter what games you play on IRC.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:21:10 PM

People aren't correct about the law. You can have a contract for silence, one example of which would be a non-disclosure agreement. You are mixing up the restriction of criminal law versus the voluntary restriction of civil law. You cannot be jailed for speaking out, but you are subject to damages due to breech of contract.

By all accounts above, EskimoBob did agree that he would stop commenting against usagi and transfer some shares for the consideration of 5.3 bitcoins. However, in this case I don't feel a scammer tag is appropriate. Contrary to popular belief, a breech in part of the contract does not dissolve the entire contract, and you can only seek direct remedies on the part of the contract that was in breech. From the pasted text, usagi valued the stock at .53 btc each and there were 10 shares. This means usagi valued the silence at 0 btc, and I'm satisfied that this has been repaid. In the future, if you are going to do this, then I suggest giving specific consideration for the silence portion of the contract. Most courts will not uphold any contract portion that does not have consideration.

However, it could be seen (assuming you upheld a 0 consideration clause) that by contract usagi is entitled to sue EskimoBob for actual damages as a result of his statements. I think damages will be hard to prove though, because no one listens to what EskimoBob has to say anyway.

See http://www.publishlawyer.com/contract.htm for a basic primer and look at the part about mutuality. My source is I was formerly married to a law student and she drove me crazy with contract law.
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:23:35 PM

I feel compelled to contribute a little factual information to this conversation...

Non-disparagement is a fairly standard clause in many contracts in the US.

Such clauses are especially common in stock/option sales contracts in which a stockholder, member, or partner is selling their interest in a business back to the company or to another partner.  I've personally seen, signed, and/or paid for "lawyering" of a number of contracts with such terms, though never breached one.

I'm not saying usagi and EskimoBob's contract is completely legit, in fact I have no opinion either way, and IANAL.

I'm just saying that you can agree in a contract not to say bad things about someone, and if you do subsequently say bad things about them, then you are in breach of that agreement.

Edit:
Looks like Fjordbit was a little faster than me. Smiley  He's also correct.  Google "Non-disparagement clause" if you'd like to learn more.

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:15:46 PM

Let me introduce you to a real Usagi, guy who looks for people to attack other securities 

IRC 2012.09.25
EskimoBob       usagi: do you recall when you asked me to help you set up 20 sock puppet accounts and help you to find flaws in other securities?
guruvan-        that will come usagi
EskimoBob       you even wanted to pay me and I told you NO!
 usagi   Nope.
EskimoBob       do you want me to post the log?
guruvan-        oh lolz
usagi   You THINK it will come, guruvan. Mayube you even want it to come. But it won't
EskimoBob       trust me, you do not want that
guruvan-        aw...c'mon EskimoBob
usagi   EskimoBob go ahead. You're a scammer. You lie about my companies and me, I am not suprised you would sink to making up fake logs
guruvan-        I'd love to see more scammy bullshit today
usagi   Post em right now, let me see Smiley
EskimoBob       LOL usagi
usagi   Come on EB
usagi   Post the logs. right now.
EskimoBob       really?
usagi   What's that.. no logs?
EskimoBob       are you sure?

And this is what I posted to show what a scumbag Usagi actually is:

Code:
2012-08-05 16:29:46	usagi	We need someone to go attack competitors on bitcointalk.org
2012-08-05 16:29:55 usagi Find flaws in their posts.. make them look like idiors
2012-08-05 16:29:58 usagi One man shows
2012-08-05 16:30:03 usagi Who don't know what theyre doing
2012-08-05 16:30:13 usagi You already do a fine job of that actually lolz
2012-08-05 16:30:25 usagi But you could be paid to... well.... focus... on certain.... targets.
2012-08-05 16:30:25 EskimoBob indeed but this is not rolling

Code:
2012-08-05 16:31:05	EskimoBob	hand over your list of targets and what is in it for me ? 
2012-08-05 16:31:29 usagi Well, we could go by commission (by post) or by weekly salary
2012-08-05 16:31:40 usagi 0.1 per post is probably doable, maybe 0.2
2012-08-05 16:31:54 usagi There would be a weekly limit I guess, of say 200 posts
2012-08-05 16:32:05 usagi I wouldn't want to spend more than say 20-40 bitcoins a week on a project like that
2012-08-05 16:32:09 usagi But something in that range is possible
2012-08-05 16:32:25 usagi So I guess you could consider it part time work. but highly organized part time work
2012-08-05 16:32:38 usagi You would keep a text file with a list of posts you made for example
2012-08-05 16:32:40 usagi so we could check up on it
2012-08-05 16:32:45 usagi from time to time
2012-08-05 16:32:49 usagi and for accounting purposes
2012-08-05 16:32:56 EskimoBob there is a problem with this. You see, my english is not that good and anyone cat tell, it's written by the same guy
2012-08-05 16:33:00 usagi You might even bring in a friend to share the glory
2012-08-05 16:33:08 usagi So what
2012-08-05 16:33:12 usagi Ahahaha
2012-08-05 16:33:19 EskimoBob to be honest, I do not like this idea at all
2012-08-05 16:33:21 usagi Bring a friend in to help
And so on.

So, your honest Usagi is actually a scumbag who is willing to pay for users to troll hes competition, while he wastes your hard earned coin on questionable "investments"

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
greyhawk

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:41:22 PM

0.1 per post is probably doable, maybe 0.2

Whoa, I'm being severely underpaid.  Shocked
vampire

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:24:15 PM

People aren't correct about the law. You can have a contract for silence, one example of which would be a non-disclosure agreement. You are mixing up the restriction of criminal law versus the voluntary restriction of civil law. You cannot be jailed for speaking out, but you are subject to damages due to breech of contract.

You're mixing a lot of things. You CANNOT suppress opinions.
Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 07:43:22 PM

You're mixing a lot of things. You CANNOT suppress opinions.

Yes I can if you willingly agree to it. If I enter into a contract with you and pay you $10,000 to not express your opinion, and then you do express your opinion, I can sue you for damages that fall out as a result of the breech of contract, even if your opinions are truthful. If you don't enter into this contract, and you were to express those opinions, and those opinions were truthful, then I would have no recourse. I fyou express those opinions and those opinions are willfully false, then I do have recourse.

The first amendment does not have anything to do with civil law. The first amendment a restriction on government enacting criminal laws against freedom of speech. It doesn't allow slander or libel or for people to breech contracts.

Let me introduce you to a real Usagi, guy who looks for people to attack other securities  

Bob, no one cares. Stop wasting your time. This was literally all I read of that pastebin you call a comment. Go talk to a friend about it. We don't want your drama.
vampire

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:57:38 PM

Yes I can if you willingly agree to it. If I enter into a contract with you and pay you $10,000 to not express your opinion, and then you do express your opinion, I can sue you for damages that fall out as a result of the breech of contract, even if your opinions are truthful. If you don't enter into this contract, and you were to express those opinions, and those opinions were truthful, then I would have no recourse. I fyou express those opinions and those opinions are willfully false, then I do have recourse.

The first amendment does not have anything to do with civil law. The first amendment a restriction on government enacting criminal laws against freedom of speech. It doesn't allow slander or libel or for people to breech contracts.

Really. You don't know what you're talking about. The first amendment is ABOUT everything, there are very few exceptions to it. And a lot of NDAs are found illegal. BTW point me out where the NDA was signed, I am somewhat blind to see one.

Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 08:11:14 PM

Really. You don't know what you're talking about. The first amendment is ABOUT everything, there are very few exceptions to it. And a lot of NDAs are found illegal. BTW point me out where the NDA was signed, I am somewhat blind to see one.

I don't know what country you're from, but here in America, we have soldiers rotting in jail for speaking the truth, televisions personalities sued by the beef industry for speaking her truthful opinion, and countless cases of agreements to alter speech to be civilly binding. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but I would check that source again.

NDA was an example, a contract clause with no consideration was formed. I personally think it's thin because there was no consideration, but if it is allowable, it would allow usagi to sue for actual damages caused by the statements, even if the statements were truthful because he made a contract to now say them. However, that's one for the courts, and not worth of a scammer tag. Scammer tags are for people who misrepresent their willingness or ability to deliver a scarce good (e.g. a video card or a bitcoin) in order to gain control of another scarce good. This doesn't look anything like that.
vampire

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:18:49 PM

I don't know what country you're from, but here in America, we have soldiers rotting in jail for speaking the truth, televisions personalities sued by the beef industry for speaking her truthful opinion, and countless cases of agreements to alter speech to be civilly binding. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but I would check that source again.

NDA was an example, a contract clause with no consideration was formed. I personally think it's thin because there was no consideration, but if it is allowable, it would allow usagi to sue for actual damages caused by the statements, even if the statements were truthful because he made a contract to now say them. However, that's one for the courts, and not worth of a scammer tag. Scammer tags are for people who misrepresent their willingness or ability to deliver a scarce good (e.g. a video card or a bitcoin) in order to gain control of another scarce good. This doesn't look anything like that.

Bradley Manning wasn't expressing his opinion.
Oprah won the lawsuit, and it was about libel.

Let me remind people: Vampire is always right :-)
Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 08:29:15 PM

Bradley Manning wasn't expressing his opinion.
Oprah won the lawsuit, and it was about libel.

Neither of those two statements contradicts what I said, and I notice the strategic dodge of the third.
vampire

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:31:04 PM

Neither of those two statements contradicts what I said, and I notice the strategic dodge of the third.

What's the third? I think I covered it already.

Really. You don't know what you're talking about.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:33:16 PM

Bob, no one cares. Stop wasting your time. This was literally all I read of that pastebin you call a comment. Go talk to a friend about it. We don't want your drama.

Did I start this BS thread? No, I did not. Is this farce any way to related to anything you can actually call a contract? No, it is not.
I still have not seen any proof of me being a scammer or a liar. I have not seen any proof of me cheating usagi or anyone in this forum.

Show me a fkn post in this forum where I lie about the situation in any of his investment portfolios. Actually, show me a forum post where I lie or try to scam someone.

PS! Usagi, fuck you for dragging me in to your neurotic shitstorm. I know you hate when someone starts to see the truth about your fucked up investment happenings. I am not the only one who can add and subtract. This is all it takes to see what you have done with your investors money (including my coin).
I like to see it all turn around but...

Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 09:03:56 PM

Did I start this BS thread? No, I did not. Is this farce any way to related to anything you can actually call a contract? No, it is not.
I still have not seen any proof of me being a scammer or a liar. I have not seen any proof of me cheating usagi or anyone in this forum.

In case you missed it, I'm already defending you against that (no consideration, no contract), but really your responses are a bit over the top and irrelevant. Sure defend yourself on what usagi's saying, but I don't see the point in trying to "expose" zher. It just looks ranty.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: