Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:23:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The legends of bitcointalk should make our own altcoin together, thoughts?  (Read 9185 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:58:45 AM

I used to chat with him on #Tenebrix, he always gave the impression that he was just the idea man, looking for a coder or coders to code up his ideas.

Thus making the idea that he himself might be Artforz never even occur to me since Artforz was known to even make FPGA and pseudo ASIC type devices even.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ExtremeFacials.com

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:01:17 AM

A better approach IMO is "My Fair Lady Coin" - a consortium of 'Henry Higgins' heroes/legends finds an existing 'Eliza Doolittle' with potential and turns that coin into a top 10 powerhouse. I can almost see this as a reality TV show. It would be fun and engaging for newbies, with lots of positive promotional/marketing feedback loops.

"Doolittle coin" , the ugly duckling necro'd into a black swan with more bullshit marketing potential than Doge - it's so wrong you know it's right!!

edit: how much marketing power from the audition process from existing shit coins would there be ... HUGE! The Apprentice meets Shark-tank

cool idea bro, just need a coin that's been in a coma long enough for all the usual P & D merchants to have pissed off

[ANN] EXHUMED [EXM] 

it could work for sure  Grin

i vote for TALK
vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:10:58 AM

A better approach IMO is "My Fair Lady Coin" - a consortium of 'Henry Higgins' heroes/legends finds an existing 'Eliza Doolittle' with potential and turns that coin into a top 10 powerhouse. I can almost see this as a reality TV show. It would be fun and engaging for newbies, with lots of positive promotional/marketing feedback loops.

"Doolittle coin" , the ugly duckling necro'd into a black swan with more bullshit marketing potential than Doge - it's so wrong you know it's right!!

edit: how much marketing power from the audition process from existing shit coins would there be ... HUGE! The Apprentice meets Shark-tank

cool idea bro, just need a coin that's been in a coma long enough for all the usual P & D merchants to have pissed off

[ANN] EXHUMED [EXM] 

it could work for sure  Grin

i vote for TALK

definitely time to exhume DarkBlackCockCoin
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 08:38:43 AM

OK how about exhume all the dead coins in one swell foop: make a genesis block that takes all the dead coins in all the dead blockchains and gives out exhumecoin proportionately to all the private keys (by converting all the addresses over to the first-byte coding used by exhumedcoin) so all the private keys used in all the dead coins all get some exhumedcoin.

Then since presumably all legends and heroes have huge holdings of bitcoin, maybe throw in all the coins on the bitcoin blockchain too, so the legends and heroes and such behind this scheme, who afterall might not be bagholding any dead shitcoins or not enough to matter, will make something out of this.

Sort of like CLAMS did, but ancient long-dead like hundred year eggs, a real delicacy...

Oh and just think, all the developers who dumped all the shitcoins they developed will be out of luck on this, hahahah, karma bites, sukkas.

Throw in a "locate wallet.dat | import" type thing to automagically suck in all those dead wallets on the users' hard drive for easy importing without having to manually hund down all those dead wallets.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
murderouskirk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:44:16 AM

OK how about exhume all the dead coins in one swell foop: make a genesis block that takes all the dead coins in all the dead blockchains and gives out exhumecoin proportionately to all the private keys (by converting all the addresses over to the first-byte coding used by exhumedcoin) so all the private keys used in all the dead coins all get some exhumedcoin.

Then since presumably all legends and heroes have huge holdings of bitcoin, maybe throw in all the coins on the bitcoin blockchain too, so the legends and heroes and such behind this scheme, who afterall might not be bagholding any dead shitcoins or not enough to matter, will make something out of this.

Sort of like CLAMS did, but ancient long-dead like hundred year eggs, a real delicacy...

Oh and just think, all the developers who dumped all the shitcoins they developed will be out of luck on this, hahahah, karma bites, sukkas.

Throw in a "locate wallet.dat | import" type thing to automagically suck in all those dead wallets on the users' hard drive for easy importing without having to manually hund down all those dead wallets.

-MarkM-

How would you do that proportionately and fairly? If it allows for any coin I'd promptly make a private shitcoin to exhume. Doing it by coin count or number of private keys just doesn't work.

I suppose you could do something like see what % of the total supply the coins are and go off that somehow. But still, I'd make new shitcoins to exhume.

Maybe run a big vote where people can nominate and vote on specific coins to be accepted, then do it by total supply. 1% of the total supply of whatever coin = 1 ExhumeCoin or something.

Would be cooler if you can exhume any dead shitcoin though.
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:03:37 AM

-MarkM-

That could work too, but I'd prefer a 'beauty contest' where the heroes/legends picked an ultimate winner to exhume (maybe rebrand the winner as EXHUMED::EXM), as there's better marketing opportunities as a competition, and we all know adoption is what made Doge a top 10 coin, and that's the best chance for success from this concept of a 'legends of BTT coin' (i.e. style over substance).

My roadmap would be like this:

1- set the basic criteria for entries (i.e. blockchain is resurrectable, previous scam history acceptable)
2- call for nominations, then select 10-15 possible coins
3- heroes/legends debate the merits of each coin, bagholders argue their case (sharktank style)
4- 'tribe votes' to reduce coins down to a final winner

It could all happen over 3-4 months, by the end every crypto follower would know about EXM. Operation Lazarus!
murderouskirk

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:06:27 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 10:55:55 AM by murderouskirk

-MarkM-

That could work too, but I'd prefer a 'beauty contest' where the heroes/legends picked an ultimate winner to exhume (maybe rebrand the winner as EXHUMED::EXM), as there's better marketing opportunities as a competition, and we all know adoption is what made Doge a top 10 coin, and that's the best chance for success from this concept of a 'legends of BTT coin' (i.e. style over substance).

1- set the basic criteria for entries (i.e. blockchain is resurrectable, previous scam history acceptable)
3- heroes/legends debate the merits of each coin, bagholders argue their case (sharktank style)

It could all happen over 3-4 months, by the end every crypto follower would know about EXM. Operation Lazarus!

+1 sounds fun as hell.

Or just get it down to 5 or so then let the overhaul team pick one to be announced on completion.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 01:23:20 PM

By ancient, long dead I meant to exclude bytecoin style "create a coin today yet pretend it is ancient" type scams, so you'd've had to've created your shitcoins years ago by now in order to be eligible. Those you create today wouldn't be eligible for years yet, and the expectation that folks would start creating shitcoins deliberately to die and lie in wait for another round of sharktank might make them remain ineligible for decades or forever.

But anyway, back to the sharktank idea, presumably one strategy available to bagholders would be to offer up portions of their bags to the sharks, yes?

So basically they could bid for hero/legendary developers to give their coin a makeover.

We could also maybe judge them on the basis of how much of some not-dead coin they'd be willing to offer instead of their bags, as surely the more bitcoin someone would be willing to pay instead of one of their bag coins would be a good indicator of how much they really think their bags are worth?

Though also, of course, of their confidence in the makeover. If they don't think the make their bag worth more than 100 bitcoins, for example, it might not just be lack of confidence in their bags but also some lack of confidence of the abilities of the makeover team?

-MarkM-

bit1
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:53:16 PM

-MarkM-

+1 sounds fun as hell.

Or just get it down to 5 or so then let the overhaul team pick one to be announced on completion.

There is a coin  CCB Cryptoclub named  here on BCT, They does mentioned upside  already.
mitchellmint
Legendary

Activity: 1139

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 11:46:44 PM

Not sure if this is a dead coin but I have always liked ARG.

Buy TRUSTplus.  We are building a Financial Platform.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:37:44 AM

Not sure if this is a dead coin but I have always liked ARG.

Argentum the sister of digitalcoin, Well with just 3.6K on marketcap it is only traded on Cryptsy. What of especial do have it?
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:43:56 AM

"Dead" coins can be extremely lucrative. I made probably at least half my bitcoins simply by CPU-mining BBQcoin for a year or so while it was out of the public eye then selling it before it got on an exchange to people who wanted to revive it and get it onto an exchange. So I didn't even have to wait for it to get (back?) onto an exchange in order to rake in hundreds of bitcoins for a year of devoting one CPU-core to it.

So yeah there are fortunes to be made on coins so "dead" that you don't even need a GPU to mine them. Devote a CPU core each to them while preparing a shiny new version, hopefully with merged mining as a subchain included so that, unlike BBQcoin, it need not die again as soon as it comes back into the public eye due to rape and pillage miners who perforce have to jump from coin to coin because coins are so seldom able to all be mined at once with merged mining; and wait for some idiot to come along with a GPU driving the electricity costs up for everyone by needlessly driving the difficulty up instead of quietly mining with just a CPU core like everyone else; at that point go public with the shiny new version, having hopefully accumulated far far more coins than the idiot who prematurely unleashed a GPU on it will make now that (s)he "forced" you to go public so (s)he now has to compete with gosh knows how many other GPU-miners or even ASIC-miners instead of co-operating quielty with the CPU-mining/dev team...

-MarkM-

EDIT: Lolcust IS Art? Wow I didn't know that. Lolcust always gave the impression of not being any kind of coder type at all.

Good history, The curious about BBQcoin that if I remember correctly it currency was done originally thinking  to dont be traded or to be mined only as fun. Smiley
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:45:16 AM

Heh - if we're going to revive a dead'sh coin I vote quarkcoin. It was always a nice coin but got crushed by the doge machine.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:37:29 AM

personally i am against creating a new coin (as previously stated).

however i'm not against the idea of legends and hero group reviving a dead coin,. well thats more a win win., even help a few people that have been burnt rather then buring more pumping out new coins.

a cool coin to revive (ok tis not exactly dead), but is a good harmless fun coin that would suit the characters that often make up the legendary/hero pool of people around here; doubloons pirate currency Wink

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 01:15:47 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 10:54:50 PM by Hippie Tech

however i'm not against the idea of legends and hero group reviving a dead coin,. well thats more a win win., even help a few people that have been burnt rather then buring more pumping out new coins.

a cool coin to revive (ok tis not exactly dead), but is a good harmless fun coin that would suit the characters that often make up the legendary/hero pool of people around here; doubloons pirate currency Wink

Why ? So a new crop of bag holders can be had ?

You craptsy schmucks are pathetic.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:30:44 PM

You craptsy scmucks are pathetic.

your problem is  Huh
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:47:32 AM

I dont know what the hell cryptsy did to piss you off so much. But I do find it odd you think some our biggest protestors are our fans

Looking through your feedback history you label 3 people who are generally anti cryptsy as cryptsy shills  Roll Eyes

Whatever it is likely isnt worth trying to correct as you seem pretty set in your ways. If I had to guess your either spoetnik or BBmodBB

And for the record. Kelsey has been a user of cryptsy for a long time. But generally thinks every decision we make is wrong lol
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:54:32 AM

I dont know what the hell cryptsy did to piss you off so much. But I do find it odd you think some our biggest protestors are our fans

Looking through your feedback history you label 3 people who are generally anti cryptsy as cryptsy shills  Roll Eyes

Whatever it is likely isnt worth trying to correct as you seem pretty set in your ways. If I had to guess your either spoetnik or BBmodBB

And for the record. Kelsey has been a user of cryptsy for a long time. But generally thinks every decision we make is wrong lol

Although I don't know who BBmodBB is, I can say for certain you are wrong in assuming he is Spoetnik and should work on how you differentiate people based on the content of their posts.
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:11:18 AM

I think one of the things holding back so many long-termers getting together is the fact that all the ones really capable are already working on different Coins and do not want to abandon their own projects or create new projects in which would further dilute the investment base.

^^^ This and also probably that there are enough coins already. Let's start making some of the good ones great, and quit making new coins.

agree with microguy on this, there's a ton of older established coins with honest hard working devs and good but small communities around them, if we concentrate our efforts on these instead of just pumping out new coins, the community as a whole would be better off.

seriously the crypto community has its share of problems, but lack of coins certainly ain't one of them, so lets concentrate our efforts on problems we have.

I agree with this. It would be good for the Cryptoworld to work together and get more new people in.
Don't fight but help eachother will give the Cryptoworld more positive attention.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:31:58 PM

well i've been openly critical of cryptsy on many an occasion, but don't take that personally  Wink guess i'm more vocal when i am not in favor of something then when i am.

hippie tech is not spoetnik, spoetnik is a friend of mine and would not infer that i'm a cryptsy shill.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: