Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 05:09:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DO YOU HAVE 1 BITCOIN?  (Read 174064 times)
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:28:23 PM

More than 1 , less than 100.

I don't believe in discussing ones exact personal wealth though. You don't discuss money, religion & politics in great detaip with people you don't know.

Well the thread ask people if they have one Bitcoin, under 100BTC is information you volunteered yourself Cheesy Beside the morality issue about it is kinda moot. BTC isin't about hidding wealth, its about making it impossible for people to steal it if properly managed!

I would not call this thread as an information database on wealth, I mean people can just simply lie.

I can also say I own 1000 BTC, you cannot prove nor disprove it, so this thread is just for fun.

So dont believe for a second that people who post here that they own 2-3-4-5BTC are telling the truth Cheesy

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:33:48 PM

Don't take so much these answers by heart. I think there is a lot of trolling in many of these user's answers. This thread is not to take seriously at all in my opinion when evaluating current Bitcoin holdings by users.

I even think that some people are having fun by just writing random numbers and random crap now and then!

There's obviously no way of knowing, but I gotta say I wouldn't be surprised if most people are being truthful or even bigging up their modest stash.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:38:46 PM

Don't take so much these answers by heart. I think there is a lot of trolling in many of these user's answers. This thread is not to take seriously at all in my opinion when evaluating current Bitcoin holdings by users.

I even think that some people are having fun by just writing random numbers and random crap now and then!

There's obviously no way of knowing, but I gotta say I wouldn't be surprised if most people are being truthful or even bigging up their modest stash.

Well you still need to be careful. For instance from the domain of public information available to anyone, i can tell you have 0.43226892 BTC stored online in your Bit-x BTC1 wallet address.

And then in a typical transaction, you can explore linked transactions to an address and see that in total, the user has sent for example 100BTC over time to an address that has never seen any withdraws. So you can tell its probably in cold storage.

With enough digging and with social engineering, its totally possible to go after someone starting with public information, so again; you still need to be careful.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:43:17 PM

Well you still need to be careful. For instance from the domain of public information available to anyone, i can tell you have 0.43226892 BTC stored online in your Bit-x BTC1 wallet address.

And then in a typical transaction, you can explore linked transactions to an address and see that in total, the user has sent for example 100BTC over time to an address that has never seen any withdraws. So you can tell its probably in cold storage.

With enough digging and with social engineering, its totally possible to go after someone starting with public information, so again; you still need to be careful.

But that is still not definite proof. How do you know that an outward transaction from 1 address is not going to a 3rd party, or it is going to his own alternate address?

You have no way of knowing. Yes addresses can be interlinked, but so what? Even if the identity is interlinked to 1 address, you cannot find the identity of all addresses, so this info is not very useful.

I`m more worried if you hold bitcoin in an online wallet like coinbase, where you got all bitcoins directly labeled to your identity, and everybody elses who uses it so that can be bad for privacy.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:43:50 PM

Schweet. I'd better gamble that away ASAP in solidarity with everyone else on here.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:03:07 AM

Schweet. I'd better gamble that away ASAP in solidarity with everyone else on here.

I think you'll be fine, but if you had 3million BTC in cold storage connected to output from that address, then your secret would be revealed that you are actually Satoshi Nakamoto. Tongue

Just a thing to keep in mind when you're trying to hide your balance.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:08:48 AM

This thread is full of DERP. :DD

Most people  have more than 1 but less than 50000. So¿

Go Big or Go Home.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:25:06 AM

Tss don't be mean. Go back to asking Kano for pool reset, we're due for a lucky streak i say! Tongue JK
Most threads in Bitcoin Discussion board are just 90% of posts random generic reply at OP/title without any actual consistence to what was said before or will be said after.

But some of us like to actually target what we say toward something that was said before! I know that's strange, but its something called discussion and its not happening a lot on the DISCUSSION board. xD

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:51:21 AM

DERP DERP.. Discussion continued..

Go Big or Go Home.
Franciem

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:41:12 AM

your bitcoin under 50000 too  Tongue
https://blockchain.info/address/1FJRBWArG35cXPBi5rHQPKvbXGpuHcegJR

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:25:22 AM

But that is still not definite proof. How do you know that an outward transaction from 1 address is not going to a 3rd party, or it is going to his own alternate address?

You have no way of knowing. Yes addresses can be interlinked, but so what? Even if the identity is interlinked to 1 address, you cannot find the identity of all addresses, so this info is not very useful.

I`m more worried if you hold bitcoin in an online wallet like coinbase, where you got all bitcoins directly labeled to your identity, and everybody elses who uses it so that can be bad for privacy.

Also, who the hell would have time for doing analysis like that? I sure would not! Smiley

But yes, everything is possible. Maybe people that decided to post in this thread don't have too many coins. After all, there is more than half a million registered users on this forum, this thread is only a little part of this half a million.
qwed
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:01:18 PM

topic in Russia Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1070840.0
vizito
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1098

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 01:20:45 PM

to 1 btc far, but I am going slowly
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:38:23 PM

your bitcoin under 50000 too  Tongue
https://blockchain.info/address/1FJRBWArG35cXPBi5rHQPKvbXGpuHcegJR

That's right. I have 0.00btc balance... So plz donate then. ;-P

Go Big or Go Home.
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:44:59 PM

Yeah , I have Currently Around 2.4BTC , Initially i had 0.27 BTC a week ago , i gambled and gambled and today i have 2+BTC,
1BTC ,i gonna keep in Cold Storage.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:07:00 PM

Also, who the hell would have time for doing analysis like that? I sure would not! Smiley

But yes, everything is possible. Maybe people that decided to post in this thread don't have too many coins. After all, there is more than half a million registered users on this forum, this thread is only a little part of this half a million.

Because the 3rd party wouldn't leave the money sitting in a hot wallet. For example if you buy something using bitcoin payment online, the funds is immediately moved to somewhere else. Look at Bitmain.

@MickeyB

Well some of us have quite a bit of free time, we did it with Bitmain to see how many BTC was put in their wallet in the last X day at the time to do new bitcoin#/price of S5+ and then S7 to guess how many S5+ and S7 was bought and shipped, more or less to guess the possible impact on the difficulty. xD

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:09:39 PM

Yeah , I have Currently Around 2.4BTC , Initially i had 0.27 BTC a week ago , i gambled and gambled and today i have 2+BTC,
1BTC ,i gonna keep in Cold Storage.

wow, you hit .27 to 2.4 in less than a week, congrats on your winnings.  What game were you playing?  I wish I could get that lucky but my betting usually means starting with 2.4 BTC and ending with .27 haha
abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:27:27 PM

Yes,I have more than 5 Bitcoins.Actually by and by I am purchasing bitcoins time to time to reach my target which is 10 Bitcoins.I want to hold them for long terms to see where these takes me for example after 5 years.
rianwarcil

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:30:38 PM

i answered , nothing have 1 BTC :3
aajtak

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:43:25 PM

I have some hundreths of a bitcoin. But I just discovered it, so hopefully can work up to a 1 bitcoin. Then wait for it to go up maybe   Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: