Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:20:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make Bitcoin transactions untraceable?  (Read 16019 times)
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 02:25:23 AM

mixers are a good and fast way to become untraceable but the way that i found out to be working better than mixers is to exchange the coins to another altcoin.

for example you can do this on shapeshift, and buy an altcoin, then move those to an exchanger and buy bitcoin with it and move it to your final wallet.
in this way you only lose some money on trade fees and transaction fees but it would be more effective.

but for the rest of us the mixers is more than enough Cheesy

Mixers. Do. Not. Work.

Well, obviously by my signature I'm biased... but cryptonotes are the only way to go if you want to become "untraceable" in your transactions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those altcoins, or at least function like them? Because if so, that isn't a solution -- that's like saying "you can send Bitcoin anonymously. Just convert Bitcoin to cash and pay the person in cash!"

No, Monero is truly a whole different beast... Cryptonote technology is the new upcoming technology for sure IMO, but that's just me.  If you'd like to read more, look at my links and look up the whitepaper for XMR...

But essentially Dash or dark and other scam coins that pose they are "the true anonymous coin" are mistaken... the Devs that are currently working "under the hood" for the new GUI that's about to come out are well known in the crypto world and are proposing that everything will be set up and running by spring or summer of next year.  Basically what monero does is have a private key, a view key, and now with the new addition to xmr, a "ring CT" which will make up an "amount key".

So, XMR not only hides where the coins are coming from, but now hides how much coins are being transacted to one another.
https://github.com/ShenNoether/MiniNero/blob/master/RingCT0.1_copy.pdf

If you'd like to get technical, you can read that... but the terminology in that paper is way over my head.  I just know the ELI5 version of everything going on right now.
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:30:24 AM

I am wondering whether it is possible to make Bitcoin transactions untraceable or not? As long as I know, Altcoins like Monero, BitcoinDark or Dash are using different concepts in order to make transactions untraceable. Is it also possible for Bitcoin by using some extra tools?

look at my signature Smiley
you can use Bitmixer service if you want to make untraceable transaction, or you can use xapo
all people can't trace your transaction, but only xapo can trace your transacation ( i think xapo is profesional, he will never share his database)

If there is a database someone could give up I don't consider that a untraceable option.  If you want untraceable you should not have logs.  There have been many places that people thought would not share but if right 3 letter agency shows up a lot of things change.

I still think mining a new coin, and sending to a new address is the best cheapest way.  You can run through proxy or VPN with no logs.  And mine to it if done properly no one should know who it is just see coins in a address.

I don't see point of bringing in mixers or other services when you can do it all yourself.  And trust yourself 100 percent.

you can register xapo with "fake data" also you can use hidden ip or RDP
how about deposit at bittrex, buying dogecoin or other aktcoin and sell back and withdraw your bitcoin to new addres ?
phishead

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 02:31:30 AM

I am wondering whether it is possible to make Bitcoin transactions untraceable or not? As long as I know, Altcoins like Monero, BitcoinDark or Dash are using different concepts in order to make transactions untraceable. Is it also possible for Bitcoin by using some extra tools?

you can use Bitmixer service if you want to make untraceable transaction, or you can use xapo
all people can't trace your transaction, but only xapo can trace your transacation ( i think xapo is profesional, he will never share his database)

If there is a database someone could give up I don't consider that a untraceable option.  If you want untraceable you should not have logs.  There have been many places that people thought would not share but if right 3 letter agency shows up a lot of things change.

I still think mining a new coin, and sending to a new address is the best cheapest way.  You can run through proxy or VPN with no logs.  And mine to it if done properly no one should know who it is just see coins in a address.

I don't see point of bringing in mixers or other services when you can do it all yourself.  And trust yourself 100 percent.

Yeah, but why go through all the hassle of doing that though when there is a currency that does it for you every time you send coins to someone?  It's essentially a mixer that hides your address and the amount you send.  I just personally think if you would want to go about making anonymous transactions.. bitcoin is not really the right way to go.  Bitcoin is good for other purposes as of right now (purchasing power, most desirable coin, etc. etc.), but the way I see it.. people will start realizing there are in fact, better alternatives.

I'm not predicting any downfall of Bitcoin either, I'm just saying that there is a very good chance of bitcoin finally having it's "trifecta".  Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero... they all serve a specific purpose, the choice is yours to how you want to use your money wisely and securely.
Proxiebuier

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:37:06 AM

If there is a database someone could give up I don't consider that a untraceable option.  If you want untraceable you should not have logs.  There have been many places that people thought would not share but if right 3 letter agency shows up a lot of things change.

I still think mining a new coin, and sending to a new address is the best cheapest way.  You can run through proxy or VPN with no logs.  And mine to it if done properly no one should know who it is just see coins in a address.

I don't see point of bringing in mixers or other services when you can do it all yourself.  And trust yourself 100 percent.

Yeah, but why go through all the hassle of doing that though when there is a currency that does it for you every time you send coins to someone?  It's essentially a mixer that hides your address and the amount you send.  I just personally think if you would want to go about making anonymous transactions.. bitcoin is not really the right way to go.  Bitcoin is good for other purposes as of right now (purchasing power, most desirable coin, etc. etc.), but the way I see it.. people will start realizing there are in fact, better alternatives.

I'm not predicting any downfall of Bitcoin either, I'm just saying that there is a very good chance of bitcoin finally having it's "trifecta".  Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero... they all serve a specific purpose, the choice is yours to how you want to use your money wisely and securely.

you think monero is "solution" in this moment right it ?
but not all people know about monero

but monero prices more volatile than bitcoin

i think if he want to make 1 transaction, he can buy at poloniex and send monero to bitcoin with shapeshift.io
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:38:35 AM

The question I don't get is why do it at all.  I am doing nothing illegal, so I feel safe.  I don't care if exchange knows one of my address's.  It honestly does not hurt me.

If trying to make untraceable I just trust myself more then anyone else.  Weather it be currency or a service like a mixer.  With altcoin you can lose value or gain, highy depends if you are holding it.  BTC recently had a nice jump up.  So by holding in BTC I feel more safe value wise.

And if I wanted to be untraceable. I would mine through a known proxy or vpn that does not keep logs.  Some pools you can mine straight to address no signing up.  So you can do it all yourself.  

So why count on others to do it when you can do it all yourself?  I personally would feel better doing it myself then someone else doing it or even holding alt currency,
phishead

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 02:47:02 AM

If there is a database someone could give up I don't consider that a untraceable option.  If you want untraceable you should not have logs.  There have been many places that people thought would not share but if right 3 letter agency shows up a lot of things change.

I still think mining a new coin, and sending to a new address is the best cheapest way.  You can run through proxy or VPN with no logs.  And mine to it if done properly no one should know who it is just see coins in a address.

I don't see point of bringing in mixers or other services when you can do it all yourself.  And trust yourself 100 percent.

The question I don't get is why do it at all.  I am doing nothing illegal, so I feel safe.  I don't care if exchange knows one of my address's.  It honestly does not hurt me.

If trying to make untraceable I just trust myself more then anyone else.  Weather it be currency or a service like a mixer.  With altcoin you can lose value or gain, highy depends if you are holding it.  BTC recently had a nice jump up.  So by holding in BTC I feel more safe value wise.

And if I wanted to be untraceable. I would mine through a known proxy or vpn that does not keep logs.  Some pools you can mine straight to address no signing up.  So you can do it all yourself.  

So why count on others to do it when you can do it all yourself?  I personally would feel better doing it myself then someone else doing it or even holding alt currency,

Well the question becomes, why are you mixing your coins if you don't want to remain somewhat private in how you are handling your Bitcoins?  Did you just commit a crime?  The answer I hope would be, of course not, but then again none of this should matter to anyone.

Monero proposes an idea of issuing a currency that can be completely anonymous if the person wants to be, and also be completely transparent if need be as well.  You can provide view and amount keys to auditors if you run a business accepting monero, that's the beauty of what they are trying to do.  Bitcoin was meant to be digital "cash", and it has failed to be that... you can easily trace any transactions to anyone, when it should be none of that person's business.

Don't get me wrong... I completely understand what you're saying about holding bitcoin for potential increase in value.  But I hold a little XMR on the side as well, because I believe in what it is trying to accomplish.

Edit: you should probably see "why privacy matters" too... it doesn't mean that you only have to be private if you are committing a crime, so to speak. Your business should be your business... end of story.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:58:37 AM

*made smaller quote was getting huge.

Well the question becomes, why are you mixing your coins if you don't want to remain somewhat private in how you are handling your Bitcoins?  Did you just commit a crime?  The answer I hope would be, of course not, but then again none of this should matter to anyone.

Monero proposes an idea of issuing a currency that can be completely anonymous if the person wants to be, and also be completely transparent if need be as well.  You can provide view and amount keys to auditors if you run a business accepting monero, that's the beauty of what they are trying to do.  Bitcoin was meant to be digital "cash", and it has failed to be that... you can easily trace any transactions to anyone, when it should be none of that person's business.

Don't get me wrong... I completely understand what you're saying about holding bitcoin for potential increase in value.  But I hold a little XMR on the side as well, because I believe in what it is trying to accomplish.

Edit: you should probably see "why privacy matters" too... it doesn't mean that you only have to be private if you are committing a crime, so to speak. Your business should be your business... end of story.

You found my fear of reason of people using mixers or other way's to seem more untraceable.  Are they just worried about holdings, and don't want amount they have to be known?  Or are they doing something they should not be?   Illegal I believe takes away from bitcoin value and makes bitcoin look bad.  But this is really for another thread as this is not why are people doing it but how.

Holding a lot of alt currency  you can lose value or miss BTC going up in value.   I don't consider an alt coin a true option.  I think you need to stay in BTC after all the thread is "Bitcoin transactions untraceable?" not how can I use alt coins.

I suggested mining where you do not count on others.  It loses a lot of relying on other people problems.
phishead

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 03:15:10 AM

*made smaller quote was getting huge.

You found my fear of reason of people using mixers or other way's to seem more untraceable.  Are they just worried about holdings, and don't want amount they have to be known?  Or are they doing something they should not be?   Illegal I believe takes away from bitcoin value and makes bitcoin look bad.  But this is really for another thread as this is not why are people doing it but how.

Holding a lot of alt currency  you can lose value or miss BTC going up in value.   I don't consider an alt coin a true option.  I think you need to stay in BTC after all the thread is "Bitcoin transactions untraceable?" not how can I use alt coins.

I suggested mining where you do not count on others.  It loses a lot of relying on other people problems.

I know, and I agree this is another topic that should be discussed on another thread... I was just simply replying to tyz's comment on "Dark" coins in general and my way of thinking and reasoning for using monero.  But yes, to everyone monitoring this thread, if you want your bitcoins to be untraceable, then the only way is to mix them.  You can use your tactic as well by going in exchange sites to temporarily buy altcoins and then repurchase bitcoins with them for the exchange rates... but to me, this just seems unreasonably hard to keep what you own "private".  

Again, sorry for the derailment... just my opinion on having a currency be "untraceable" and why it's important.
pjsonowal

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:24:07 AM

Dude it is impossible to make the transactions intraceable....  Undecided

Proxiebuier

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:34:43 AM

it's very possible you can read all post above
you can choose 1 way of all tips to make untraceable transaction
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:03:40 AM

mixers are a good and fast way to become untraceable but the way that i found out to be working better than mixers is to exchange the coins to another altcoin.

for example you can do this on shapeshift, and buy an altcoin, then move those to an exchanger and buy bitcoin with it and move it to your final wallet.
in this way you only lose some money on trade fees and transaction fees but it would be more effective.

but for the rest of us the mixers is more than enough Cheesy

Mixers. Do. Not. Work.

Well, obviously by my signature I'm biased... but cryptonotes are the only way to go if you want to become "untraceable" in your transactions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those altcoins, or at least function like them? Because if so, that isn't a solution -- that's like saying "you can send Bitcoin anonymously. Just convert Bitcoin to cash and pay the person in cash!"

No, Monero is truly a whole different beast... Cryptonote technology is the new upcoming technology for sure IMO, but that's just me.  If you'd like to read more, look at my links and look up the whitepaper for XMR...

But essentially Dash or dark and other scam coins that pose they are "the true anonymous coin" are mistaken... the Devs that are currently working "under the hood" for the new GUI that's about to come out are well known in the crypto world and are proposing that everything will be set up and running by spring or summer of next year.  Basically what monero does is have a private key, a view key, and now with the new addition to xmr, a "ring CT" which will make up an "amount key".

So, XMR not only hides where the coins are coming from, but now hides how much coins are being transacted to one another.
https://github.com/ShenNoether/MiniNero/blob/master/RingCT0.1_copy.pdf

If you'd like to get technical, you can read that... but the terminology in that paper is way over my head.  I just know the ELI5 version of everything going on right now.

I think we have different opinions about what an altcoin constitutes. Essentially, I guess a better way to rephrase my question is "aren't you using your Bitcoin to buy something else, then transacting that instead of Bitcoin?" Like using Monero or another system, if I have 1 BTC now and I want to send it to you, I can't just send you the full 1 BTC, right?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:26:27 AM

It might be described at hard to trace.  I mean I think a lot that think they are untraceable if a government threw enough money and time twords finding them they could.   I mean if someone is watching it's pretty easy to follow the chain once it starts being sent.

There are a few way's like my favorite of anonymous mining that might make you untraceable on storage.  When you go to use it you lose some of that being untraceable.

And again I hope people are doing this as they don't want others online to see their holdings, or other legal reasons. 
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:29:48 AM

It might be described at hard to trace.  I mean I think a lot that think they are untraceable if a government threw enough money and time twords finding them they could.   I mean if someone is watching it's pretty easy to follow the chain once it starts being sent.

There are a few way's like my favorite of anonymous mining that might make you untraceable on storage.  When you go to use it you lose some of that being untraceable.

And again I hope people are doing this as they don't want others online to see their holdings, or other legal reasons. 

The big issue with that is that like you said, as soon as you use it, you become traceable. Use eventually leads to personal identity -- whether you're using it for web hosting, to buy something, pay bills, etc. you create a trail at some point. Bitcoin was never made to be anonymous; it was made to be decentralized.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
PrimeGlitch

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 06:33:37 AM

The big issue with that is that like you said, as soon as you use it, you become traceable. Use eventually leads to personal identity -- whether you're using it for web hosting, to buy something, pay bills, etc. you create a trail at some point. Bitcoin was never made to be anonymous; it was made to be decentralized.

Not always true, What about using fake ID, Most places you can get away with using fake scan's.

Bitcoin can be as anonymous as you want if you know how to make yourself anonymous..

Not only that. Know how to leave "fake" footprints.. Everyone knows about IP's and VPN's but how many people know to spoof there browser user agent Disable IPV6 to stop DNS leaks, Remove WEBRTC from there browser. Spoof there network card or wireless card MAC address. Any fool can download tor and "think" that's them covered. This is not the case.

There are many ways to make BTC anonymous when you use them, Its the effort you are willing to put in that will determinate how "anonymous" your coins end up..

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:28:05 AM

Not always true, What about using fake ID, Most places you can get away with using fake scan's.

Bitcoin can be as anonymous as you want if you know how to make yourself anonymous..

Not only that. Know how to leave "fake" footprints.. Everyone knows about IP's and VPN's but how many people know to spoof there browser user agent Disable IPV6 to stop DNS leaks, Remove WEBRTC from there browser. Spoof there network card or wireless card MAC address. Any fool can download tor and "think" that's them covered. This is not the case.

There are many ways to make BTC anonymous when you use them, Its the effort you are willing to put in that will determinate how "anonymous" your coins end up..

Even using all of that, you're not anonymous. How do you think people get nailed even when they follow all security protocols? How do you think people with fake IDs get nabbed? You always leak information. Always.

fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:48:29 AM

I heard many mixer services will make our transactions untraceable by using different bitcoin addresses. very much useful services.
Mixers are centralized third parties. This is not a trustless solution
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:42:34 AM

You can use mixers.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:31:00 PM

Dude it is impossible to make the transactions intraceable....  Undecided

It might be described at hard to trace.  I mean I think a lot that think they are untraceable if a government threw enough money and time twords finding them they could.   I mean if someone is watching it's pretty easy to follow the chain once it starts being sent.

There are a few way's like my favorite of anonymous mining that might make you untraceable on storage.  When you go to use it you lose some of that being untraceable.

I would agree once it's been used bitcoin is amazing with blockchain.  It creates a trail.  So you could have multiple BTC address's and keep some more anonymous.  Blockchain technology is part of what makes bitcoin so great.

So as long as you don't use it yes you could store BTC and remain unknown.  Some would argue maybe a digital good you might be able to do and remain anonymous... and it could be true in some situations I guess.

I just think it's a bit much to do for most if you are eventually going to use the BTC anyways.
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:32:07 PM

I heard many mixer services will make our transactions untraceable by using different bitcoin addresses. very much useful services.
You can use different mixers and gambling sites to lower the probability of it getting linked together. You could potentially send it to a trustable mixer which delete logs but still it may be possible that they are keeping them.You can also exchange the Bitcoin to Monero using exchange A and send the monero to exchange B to withdraw. Many exchanges do not require verification.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:55:06 PM

You can use different mixers and gambling sites to lower the probability of it getting linked together. You could potentially send it to a trustable mixer which delete logs but still it may be possible that they are keeping them.You can also exchange the Bitcoin to Monero using exchange A and send the monero to exchange B to withdraw. Many exchanges do not require verification.

Sounds like a lot of work and on mixer your trusting someone else you have no idea who it is. I still think mining sounds like easiest way.

Mine through a proxy or vpn you know does not keep log and mine directly to bitcoin address you want.  It's a new coin so no real history but from pool sending it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: