Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:46:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GE] Greed Evolved • HiPOS & POW Hybrid • Inflation Blocking • Super Blocks!  (Read 20696 times)
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:32:52 PM

well now price got stabled on exchanges so got hold of few and going into POS mode lets see how things will come up in next week. hope you/ll continue this chain and bring us new innovative ideas Greed/Greedev and whats neext Huh??

I've got a couple ideas I'm toying with. We can discuss the future of Greed as a community once the games end.  Wink

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:40:42 AM

Now I'm excited - missed 3 superblocks by one -
and the whole 1250 coin block round due to travel

Hit block 25000 and sent 25% to a friend because I'm
Greedy... but not really.
mamahdedeh

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:55:36 AM

do you want to share more information dev?

device

Activity: 181

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:13:01 PM

We still have some 25k blocks left till 30k block, or?
How to know if there is any more out of 16 25k blocks left

Woody20285
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:52:35 PM

4 big blocks left !
device

Activity: 181

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:04:09 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 09:16:11 PM by device

4 big blocks left !
Now I see..if its 2 big ones in any of 1000 blocks till 30k block..then there are 4 still left
Uuuuu such a Jolly ol' fun

Mirror mirror on the wall who's the richest of GreedEvolved

HammyCoin

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:23:02 AM

Its not me this time, I missed most of the high reward periods. Always fun to see where this coin goes.
Woody20285
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:11:24 AM

Ok Dev - What's next??
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:13:45 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 09:54:10 PM by Greed Dev

Ok Dev - What's next??

Alright. Time to catch everyone up with what I'm thinking.

Greed and Greed Evolved have both been very interesting experiments.

The goal of both was simple.

Experiment with creating cryptos that do not require waiting on the promise of outside technology to add value. See if it's possible to hard code in very simple points for speculation, competition, and even entertainment while keeping everything as clear cut and transparent as possible. Figure out if people like this type of coin, and if they do maybe the concept will catch on and become the next "flavor of the week" by all the repeated clones and eliminate some of the pure scam coins.

Greed 1 went well, but had setbacks. It only caught the attention of a small community of traders due to those setbacks, but amazingly turned out to be one of the most positively received coins I've been apart of in a good while. The lack of trolls and negative feedback just floored me.

That being said, there were issues. Overlooking the mistakes that needed to be updated and caused it to lose a lot of attention, the coin was rough. People seemed to enjoy the competition aspect quite a bit, however it seemed the ones finding the most success ended up being just a few of the players. The inflation rate was too fast as well. While it was needed for the strategic gameplay I was going for it caused too rapid of a decrease in price making it hard for much of an upswing.

In Greed Evolved I learned from these issues. I intentionally made the rounds more complicated, making it harder to catch every round for the non-insomniac (which resulted in a significantly better distribution). I also added in a couple new elements to test. The super blocks seemed to grab the majority of the attention this game, with everyone fighting very intensely over them. I tried strategically placing a few both between HiPos rounds and in the middle of them to shake things up. That way those hunting for just the HiPos round rewards found competition from those hunting the super blocks some rounds. We also tried out a very simple method if inflation control / supply blocking with POS. This added yet another layer of strategy, while securing the network from blockchain halts. In the end roughly 23% of the potential supply was blocked from coming into existence by POW miners. We currently have a supply of only 1,514,207 coins.

GE saw even more interest and participation than GREED, and the high acceptance rate continued strong. The lack of trolls and negative feedback has honestly blown my mind here. There was however still a lot of room for improvement in GE. The inflation issues was still present. While it was needed to create the elements of gameplay we used, the supply grew at such a pace that the value has fallen to 150 - 250 sats. Which when you think about it is kinda crazy considering someone could afford to buy the entire supply with only 2 - 5 btc. I think part of the reason we ended up at this price is the 100:1 tie to GREED. Even though GREED as almost entirely been swapped over and could be considered dead, the fact that yobit has not removed it is probably causing people to use it as a base for valuation in GE. Finally, I believe the rounds were not quite as clear cut as I had intended. I found all the way through there were traders confused about the rounds and what rewards to expect.

So. Where do we go from here?

I've been doing a lot of thinking about that.

I'd like to continue my experiments into the creation of coins with hard coded speculation points.

However, this time around things would be slightly different. I'd like to test out a new experiment I've cooked up, learning from GE and GREED.

The plan would be to reduce the supply proportionately yet again, down to about 150,000 to 200,000, making your holdings the majority of a very rare and hard to get crypto. The inflation issue will be removed, in favor of a much slower rate of creation in which POW and HiPOS miners can earn the same rates equally (and perpetually, there will be no serious hard coded end to this one other than a max supply variable). With these specs so far we've got a very rare coin with a lack of inflation that's been fairly distributed over two games worth of competitive acquisition.

Here's the fun part. I have two ideas that I want to test out to see if we can create a hard coded cause for a natural back and forward swing in the market. We'll call this "The Sine Wave Ideal". The ideas are simple and may or may not work very effectively, but to my knowledge have never been tried before. One of the ideas requires some alteration to the transaction tax code to implement, which could take me a good deal of time to figure out if I can accomplish it at all. The other does not require this, but implements an extremely similar concept that I think I have the means to build in the normal amount of time it takes to build a new crypto + all the materials that go with it.

Now I could abandon the greed series and start this new coin from scratch. I think most coin creators these days would, but I really don't want to do that. All of you that took part in my experiments have been incredibly positive and open towards them and the ideas we're chasing here. I think it would be a shame to do anything other than keep nurturing that. I want to keep working with you guys and reward your participation with a rare, unique coin that you all hold the vast majority of for as long as you choose to keep holding it. Even if it fails, it will be something that is (to my knowledge) new and different.

I respect your participation and holdings though so I want to hear your opinions. Is this something that interests you all? Should we keep evolving into something more?

Let me hear your thoughts!

Dexter12

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:06:28 PM

I ve really enjoyed both games and i will keep supporting you with your next project(s). I like acting as a guinea pig  Grin
Did i understand it correctly, that you will swap those GE to an other, even more unique Coin? If so, do it!  
Gree(d)tings
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:50:09 PM

I ve really enjoyed both games and i will keep supporting you with your next project(s). I like acting as a guinea pig  Grin
Did i understand it correctly, that you will swap those GE to an other, even more unique Coin? If so, do it!  
Gree(d)tings

Glad to hear it!  Grin

Yeah, if we want to try out the new ideas while preserving everyone's shares we will need a new chain.

As much as I like the Greed brand, we will have to re-brand as well for two main reasons.

1. To eliminate confusion with older chains.

2. Bittrex Bill took one look at our ticker and decided we were a joke that shouldn't be added to his exchange.

Hi,

I'm sorry you got scammed. Unfortunately, we aren't listing a coin on our site whose ticker is named GREED. If you rebrand your coin to something that isn't either a joke or offensive, we'll be happy to consider it for the site.

Thanks,
Bill

Hi,

Thanks for explaining the greed branding. I'm still not clear on how the game works but I'll trust that its interesting enough for people to participate in. I haven't studied it enough to know whether it would or wouldn't pass our compliance requirements.

At this time, I'm not interested in adding a coin to the site with the word greed in it.

Bill

So.. it would appear that if we ever want to make it to Bittrex we need a rebrand anyway.

I'm thinking something like "Sine" or "Flux" or "Swing" or something.. Suggestions welcome if any of you are the creative type.

Branding can make a big difference to new potential investors so, this is something you guys may want to really think about.

Woody20285
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:12:47 AM

Flux is good!

Would prefer more coins to stake than mining (though I am a miner).
Reason; renters of rigs would drive all the little guys out.

But that's just one opinion.

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:42:12 AM

Flux is good!

Would prefer more coins to stake than mining (though I am a miner).
Reason; renters of rigs would drive all the little guys out.

But that's just one opinion.

I'll try to offset it so staking is more valuable or something then. I like that aspect too. Being able to compete from your laptop is nice.

nikkers

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:53:24 AM

I agree with the staking part, as for names, i like the thought of Sine or Sinusoid, maybe even CRO(cathode ray oscilloscope) Flux is good too, but there is/was a coin with

that name already.

thanks as well for greed evolved, staking was fun Smiley and whatever you decide to do, i'm sure it will be good.
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:35:41 AM

I agree with the staking part, as for names, i like the thought of Sine or Sinusoid, maybe even CRO(cathode ray oscilloscope) Flux is good too, but there is/was a coin with

that name already.

thanks as well for greed evolved, staking was fun Smiley and whatever you decide to do, i'm sure it will be good.

Youre right flux already exists. YoYo could work too. Or I can just come up with some less relevant generic tech name.

SushiNoTomato

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:20:58 AM

How about WEIGHT which can also be interpreted as WAIT or as in WAIT for your coins WEIGHT to build up for you to stake.
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:32:51 AM

DEV, we are with you and we look forward to what is next for our coin.

murderouskirk

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:20:20 AM

Bitr8er

Activity: 233

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:00:26 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 06:51:28 PM by Bitr8er

I really like the ideas about the next round!

As for re-branding how about the name harmonic oscillator, or oscillator?
Or pendulum
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:18:28 PM

Alright, I think I'm going to go with "[SWING] Swing". It seems like a decent brand that's not taken yet. (inb4 someone steals the name now)

Here's the ToDo:

[] Come up with a name
[] Design the specs
[] Figure out if said specs are possible in theory (and if I can do it with my skillset)
[] Build the coin
[] Proof of concept tests (make sure the new ideas work as intended)
[] Finalize coin
[] Final tests
[] Design new ANN / Any marketing materials
[] Design new website
[] Create swap form
[] Launch

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: