Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:08:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49494 times)
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 09:16:11 PM

So... Is everyone content that you will not see your bfl hardware until 2013?

Pretty much. Celebrate if we get them sonner but dont count on it so you wont be dissapointed when iit doesn't happen.
People actually paid money so they can not count on it.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 09:53:21 PM

fcmatt is certainly not bitter because he didn't place an order.

I am not in the habit of giving six plus month loans interest free.

Anyway... I was not the first to gpu mine and i still did just fine. Asic will be no different.

It was a serious question though. Many did calcs based on getting in on 50 btc reward time frame which is quickly slipping away. Now it seems we have 25 block reward and price that is flat for future asic miners. Getting hardware first is becoming uber critcal for quick roi. If all ship in same time frame you essentially swapped gpu for asic with no quick roi as diff will adjust oh so fast instead of slower ramp up due to just bfl hardware coming first.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 11:04:56 PM

Natives are getting restless... 2013 shipping would be uncool seeing as how October has come and gone.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 12:04:39 AM

Natives are getting restless... 2013 shipping would be uncool seeing as how October has come and gone.

And nov and dec are notorious for productivity for americans with two major holidays coming up...
Jan is huge holiday time for asian countries...
Weekends are useless for gaining time when you deal with weekday 9-5 companies. I am unsure if foreign suppliers and their offices do biz on weekends...
When you rely on other companies to produce the things you need without rock solid assurance of the timeline or a big fudge factor you can easily lose a week here and a week there due to one piece of the puzzle being held up. Cough customs cough.

Let alone regulations to actually ship a finished product here in the usa that have to be complied with.

And this IS bfl we are talking about :-)

I will enjoy watching this unfold and will simply get into asics once the dust settles a bit.
Meatball

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 01:10:35 AM

Anyway... I was not the first to gpu mine and i still did just fine. Asic will be no different.

It was a serious question though. Many did calcs based on getting in on 50 btc reward time frame which is quickly slipping away. Now it seems we have 25 block reward and price that is flat for future asic miners. Getting hardware first is becoming uber critcal for quick roi. If all ship in same time frame you essentially swapped gpu for asic with no quick roi as diff will adjust oh so fast instead of slower ramp up due to just bfl hardware coming first.

Tons of people preorder MMO's and video games all the time way before release date, so it's not unheard of for that to happen.  As for RoI, anyone that calculated RoI and assumed the 50 BTC rewards for anything more than 1 difficulty level is an idjit.  All my RoI calculations were done assuming 25x to 50x difficulty increase/reward drop calculations.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 01:27:59 AM

Tons of people preorder MMO's and video games all the time way before release date, so it's not unheard of for that to happen.  As for RoI, anyone that calculated RoI and assumed the 50 BTC rewards for anything more than 1 difficulty level is an idjit.  All my RoI calculations were done assuming 25x to 50x difficulty increase/reward drop calculations.

That is true about vid games. But tossing around 50 bucks is very different then 1000s to a small biz that could be gone tomorrow if some major screw up takes place. I secured a very in demand car a few years back by putting down a very small fee to hold my spot that was non refundable. Why do these companies not do that? Instead they want it all up front which worried me enough not to get involved.
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:38:50 AM

That is true about vid games. But tossing around 50 bucks is very different then 1000s to a small biz that could be gone tomorrow if some major screw up takes place. I secured a very in demand car a few years back by putting down a very small fee to hold my spot that was non refundable. Why do these companies not do that? Instead they want it all up front which worried me enough not to get involved.

Then I guess you have nothing to worry about.

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 12:16:49 PM

why do pepople that have not invested a single friggin dime in something, bother to scream out over and over and over and over again
that its a scam or its vaporware or its gonna be delayed 1000000000 years! "your never gonna see your money again!" etcetcetc

if you have nothing invested in this, and you see others happily investing, grown sound people that can think for them selfs,
why tha f*ck do you bother?

god some people are so friggin annoying.....
its allmost as annoying as the freaks trying to push there god damn religion on others... just give it up allready!

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 12:22:28 PM

why do pepople that have not invested a single friggin dime in something, bother to scream out over and over and over and over again
that its a scam or its vaporware or its gonna be delayed 1000000000 years! "your never gonna see your money again!" etcetcetc

if you have nothing invested in this, and you see others happily investing, grown sound people that can think for them selfs,

its allmost as annoying as the freaks trying to push there god damn religion on others... just give it up allready!

No we are making fun of you.

You see that attitude, "it is this way, and I am certain of it" usually comes from those who support BFL & Co. You are right it's like a religion, and we are the anti-theists making fun of you theists.
Badonkadonk

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 12:36:12 PM

that attitude? what attitude?
all i did was order myself a few products that i acctualy think will some day show up on my door step...
and you didnt,
so why tha hell do you even bother? for "making fun of pepole"?
you dont see me trolling your ass when you preorder your crap do you?

the only person with attitude here would be you and others like you, that just doesnt know how to stop trolling...
every day theres a new thread about this shit...

SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 03:12:31 PM

lol, you guys are hilarious. I've only read the last couple entries, but I imagine its all troll/counter-troll all the way up.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:52:18 PM

When you preorder a video game or pretty much anything they don't charge you until it ships.They may charge a initial deposit of a couple dollars are most.
monstrs

Activity: 555
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:54:42 PM

When you preorder a video game or pretty much anything they don't charge you until it ships.They may charge a initial deposit of a couple dollars are most.

Yea, but you are not just preorder some fun like its with videogames. You preorder non existing product, which needs serious investment to be made. Besides that, you are gonna make some coins too.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 09:38:43 PM

Right but when you pre order a videogame it's already created/packaged/shipped to distributors until release day.

None of this Monthly update of a new ship date..... or when they might be able to assemble their first unit....... 1 small hiccup could cause additional months of waiting.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 09:41:47 PM

Right but when you pre order a videogame it's already created/packaged/shipped to distributors until release day.

None of this Monthly update of a new ship date..... or when they might be able to assemble their first unit....... 1 small hiccup could cause additional months of waiting.

Not necessarily true regarding the games.

BTC Long.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 11:14:28 PM

I did not start this thread and i am on topic.
I enjoyed your rant though. Nothing like a good rant.
I am a miner and what is going on concerns me. In the end i will buy from the company that seems the best.
Badonkadonk

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 11:18:26 PM

who doesnt like a good rant  Grin

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 02:46:42 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2012, 03:05:36 AM by Inaba

who doesnt like a good rant  Grin

Tom.  Tom doesn't like a good rant.  I can say this with some authority.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Badonkadonk

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 02:59:41 AM

Tom.  Tom doesn't like a good rant.  I can say this with some authority.

+1
rofl  Grin

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 03:27:32 AM

Well,I have to say I'm very dissapointed in Cablepair,running to the mods & crying  Sad

I have to hand it to Inaba for "fighting" back & he held his tongue as far as I'm concerned  Cool

Won't be buying any bASIC's either,I'll stick with BFL   Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: