Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:08:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49494 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:08:59 AM

I'm sure many ordered from them unaware of their history of deceit or believing their statements that it'll be different THIS time. I went with another vendor because of their past, but if you ordered early in the year their weren't a lot of choices. Handing out zero interest loans isn't really my thing.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:23:36 AM

I'm sure many ordered from them unaware of their history of deceit or believing their statements that it'll be different THIS time. I went with another vendor because of their past, but if you ordered early in the year their weren't a lot of choices. Handing out zero interest loans isn't really my thing.
or do like some of us do, order from both, but trust the one with proven track record more.
jally from bfl, bASIC from Tom.

minimize the losses.   Grin

we'll see at the end of december, if i can say "fucking told you so" to the ones ordering from bfl only.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 06:54:23 AM

* Goes out to the shed and starts sharpening his pitch fork *
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:02:29 AM

or do like some of us do, order from both, but trust the one with proven track record more.

we'll see at the end of december, if i can say "fucking told you so" to the ones ordering from bfl only.

It may turn out that It works like LIFO - do not underestimate AVALON team also. They are local, have good background and have access to top manufacturing facilities with more than one machine also:)

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:20:32 AM

I wish I had the money to order from both,oh well.................

Even if BFL ships second,they will still have the power use advantage.So in the longrun they win anyway  Tongue

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:21:19 AM

2x BFL 2xbASIC. Both first run orders. I'll win the short and the long race no matter what Cheesy.

dip
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:48:15 AM

2x BFL 2xbASIC. Both first run orders. I'll win the short and the long race no matter what Cheesy.
Unless Avalon happen to be the first one:)

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
psilan

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:49:51 AM

Unless Avalon happen to be the first one:)

True! But the quantity involved won't be too damaging. Unless a much larger personal farm for Avalon is made in the same run.

dip
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:51:15 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2012, 08:05:23 AM by loshia

I am interested to win the short race. As we well know long race can not be won at all. I mean that we will have to reinvest everything again and again.
I can not predict what will happen in 1-2 years period at all. Even electricity costs=0, i am not sure what will be the profit of this units ....Not mentioning the fact that they probably will not have any resell value apart of the BTC community itself.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 08:07:36 AM

Even if BFL ships second,they will still have the power use advantage.So in the longrun they win anyway  Tongue

If the choice is a fairly modest power advantage(65nm vs 90nm) or having the ASIC just a couple weeks sooner, it's a no-brainer. Power consumption will matter down the road, but if BFL delays again and Tom does ship on time, some of those early bASIC customers would have an ROI measured in weeks. Don't think they'll care if their ASIC consumes 100w or 60.

Anyway BFL lied about both shipping dates and power consumption last product cycle. So far this time they've only lied about shipping dates, but their credibility is non-existent in my book. I'll believe those perfectly uniform power consumption numbers across their entire SC product line as soon as they're out in the wild.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 09:15:15 AM

It may turn out that It works like LIFO - do not underestimate AVALON team also. They are local, have good background and have access to top manufacturing facilities with more than one machine also:)

to be honest, avalon wasn't even in my radar, since they planned to ship on january when they start opening preorders.

That, and shipping from china can be quite..a pain in the ass.

BFL can't get shit straight for months, don't and never expect them to get shit straight until you see the proof of them TESTING and shipping stuff out.

haha, october my ass.

BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 09:29:55 AM

True! But the quantity involved won't be too damaging. Unless a much larger personal farm for Avalon is made in the same run.

Like I mentioned, we plan to release in smaller batch to avoid the whole back-order situation our competitor is running into, with that said, we expect all 300 units to finish shipping out before Jan ends, currently we are looking waterfall of 300 units every 2 weeks. This also means there will be a second batch soon after, with a shipping "zone" of 2 weeks from ordering.

psilan

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 09:33:51 AM

Like I mentioned, we plan to release in smaller batch to avoid the whole back-order situation our competitor is running into, with that said, we expect all 300 units to finish shipping out before Jan ends, currently we are looking waterfall of 300 units every 2 weeks. This also means there will be a second batch soon after, with a shipping "zone" of 2 weeks from ordering.

Ahh cool. Did not notice that.
I'm pretty much risking all I want to on this game now anyway. I did try to get a Avalon initially, but missed out. Good luck Smiley.

dip
libertybuck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 11:44:47 AM

That, and shipping from china can be quite..a pain in the ass.

To ship goods from China to US with DHL,  usually it will take 4 days or so to deliver goods to your hands.

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 08:56:23 PM

Granted, the fact that October has come and gone and November is half done is driving me crazy!

But when I preordered, the delivery date wasn't the reason I bought. It was the hash power I could finally have in my hands at affordable costs. That hasn't changed and in fact was bolstered by the increase of 40% while I've been waiting.

Missing the halving is a tough pill to swallow and so is the sheer quantity of ASICs being preordered. Nevertheless, I'm glad I pulled the plug back in early July and wait anxiously for the black boxes to arrive on my doorstep.

Now hurry the FREAK up guys!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 11:03:43 PM

Missing the halving is a tough pill to swallow and so is the sheer quantity of ASICs being preordered. Nevertheless, I'm glad I pulled the plug back in early July and wait anxiously for the black boxes to arrive on my doorstep.

Price in Jul: $6/btc
Price in Nov: $12/btc

Had you invested by buying BTC instead of giving BFL a loan, you would have doubled your money. BFL thanks you greatly for the huge interest-free loan.

Buy & Hold
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 11:06:03 PM

Had you invested by buying BTC instead of giving BFL a loan, you would have doubled your money. BFL thanks you greatly for the huge interest-free loan.

It's well known that BFL uses Bit-pay, which automatically deposits USD at the time of purchase. BFL never actually holds any coins at any time.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Meatball

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 11:18:45 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2012, 03:04:38 AM by Meatball

And had I bought a truckload of Twinkies last week I'd be rich today, what's your point?  BTC could have also been worth $1 today.  If I could predict the future I'd certainly have more than doubled my money in 5 months.

Not to mention, any time you pre-order anything you're giving someone an interest free loan.  Pre-Order anything off of Steam or any video games, there's an interest free loan.  Heck, buy any gift card in the world and you're giving that company an interest free loan.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 11:23:48 PM

Or kept mining with gpu for all thus time enjoying good profits... Plus not having cash tied up in bfl...
bitsnpieces

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 12:24:58 AM

BFL never actually holds any coins at any time.

Oh? You speak on behalf of BFL? You work as an accountant or something like for them to know that for sure? Wink

BFL might not hold coins - but they sure hold our (pre order) money. Lots.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: