Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:36:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49491 times)
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 02:19:35 AM

We don't have batches.

First batch was quoted to be 20,000 ASICs. Sounds like it's going to take quite a while to turn those all into products. Batch #1 is going to last for months.

I think what your referring to is the ASIC CHIPS only,not the 1st batch of finished product being shipped.I could be wrong  Huh

So... we can guess at about a cash flow of several million held+ interest, without anything even being shipped

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 02:37:42 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2012, 03:56:28 AM by bcpokey

I thought they were the same thing until a couple hours ago. Grin Anyway since presumably(hopefully) no BFL SC products will ship without at least one ASIC chip, I hardly see how the distinction is necessary. Like their convoluted 1/3 shipping policy it seems to be needlessly complex.

It certainly makes no sense to have "no batches" and a "1/3rd" plan.

However it seems as though their communication just sucks, not necessarily that nothing makes sense.

They ordered 20k ASICs, they said that it was enough for "all the pre-orders, and more". Meaning 20k ASICs > orders for ASICs. So, 20k is not a useful number.

They plan to ship 1/3rd, they said that they will ship in some bizarre lump batch, I don't remember the rationale behind. This will be for as many as they can produce in Z amount of time (all very vague and unclear).

After which they will build X units per day, and ship Y units per day (X could = Y, one would hope) until they have exhausted all remaining pre-orders, and regular orders. This could happen with the 20k chips, or they might be ordering more if demand surpasses stock.

It all makes sense, though as one commenter suggested, it hints and under-sized production facilities. C'est la vie.

We don't have batches.

First batch was quoted to be 20,000 ASICs. Sounds like it's going to take quite a while to turn those all into products. Batch #1 is going to last for months.

I think what your referring to is the ASIC CHIPS only,not the 1st batch of finished product being shipped.I could be wrong  Huh

So... we can guess at about a cash flow of several million held+ interest, without anything even being shipped

Yes and no. If you take into account 20k ASICs are greater than the number of pre-orders you can only use that as an upper bound. With that said, you are also assuming no money has been put towards development, hardware, shipping, salary, facilities, etc, and instead envision it going into a bank account. Unlikely.
abeaulieu

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 03:10:25 AM

After which they will build X units per day, and ship Y units per day (X could = Y, one would hope) until they have exhausted all remaining pre-orders, and regular orders. This could happen with the 20k chips, or they might be ordering more if demand surpasses stock.

I think the demand is already beyond that 20k batch of ASICs.
bcpokey

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 03:22:15 AM

You're free to think that, but it directly contradicts a statement from Inaba/BFL_Josh from only a couple of weeks ago.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 03:26:05 AM

that 20K order was probably not placed until after they had 75% of the orders already paid for... then they doubled the needed chips or
something like that. that is why they were first to accept orders and the long delay to actually shipping. they are not idiots over there
and worked this audience to a T.
bcpokey

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 03:53:45 AM

that 20K order was probably not placed until after they had 75% of the orders already paid for... then they doubled the needed chips or
something like that. that is why they were first to accept orders and the long delay to actually shipping. they are not idiots over there
and worked this audience to a T.

It seems difficult to comprehend that people are this unable to read. 20k chips was MORE than enough for ALL pre-orders placed from June to end of October.

from 10/30/2012
Guys (and gals), I am really sorry things are delayed. I want these things to ship more than anyone else (seriously, I promise you, I want these to ship) and the delays are just as hurtful and awful to us as they are to you. We would love nothing more than to ship them all out yesterday.

The first batch should be about 20,000 chips or so. More than enough for all pre-orders and then some.
Meatball

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 04:04:29 AM

It seems difficult to comprehend that people are this unable to read. 20k chips was MORE than enough for ALL pre-orders placed from June to end of October.

I don't think it's that people can't read, it's wading through 90% of the crap in most of the posts to actually get to the actual important bits of information that's a challenge Smiley
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 02:30:09 PM

It was the customers that came up with that plan, not BFL. It was perceived as being the most fair. There is only one batch - the first one. After that, BFL has said they will ship stuff out as soon as they make it.
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 02:58:26 PM

I don't think it's that people can't read, it's wading through 90% of the crap in most of the posts to actually get to the actual important bits of information that's a challenge Smiley

Exactly. There's a lot of information scattered everywhere.

I just summed the ASIC chips in the BFL waitlist thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0). It's over 7000 ASIC chips and that is just self-reported. Doesn't seem pre-orders are that far off from saturating the first batch...
bcpokey

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 05:27:58 PM

Well, that's fine. I don't know how to be more succinct and to the point than I usually am, but that's my limitation. However, people directly quoted me, and just simply ignored the relevant portion of text, then began grandly theorizing the opposite of stated fact. To me that is an inability (or unwillingness) to read. See quotes below for examples.

It was the customers that came up with that plan, not BFL. It was perceived as being the most fair. There is only one batch - the first one. After that, BFL has said they will ship stuff out as soon as they make it.

Why does it matter who came up with it? BFL implemented it. The rest of this text is completely redundant with what I said already. Example #1 here.

Exactly. There's a lot of information scattered everywhere.

I just summed the ASIC chips in the BFL waitlist thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0). It's over 7000 ASIC chips and that is just self-reported. Doesn't seem pre-orders are that far off from saturating the first batch...

So rather than take the direct word of a BFL employee speaking about how many orders and chips there are, you look at a thread of unconfirmed self-reporting of people talking about what they're buying, then do some internal voodoo calculations with no basis, and use that instead?

You guys are right, there is a lot of crap to wade through.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 05:39:44 PM

Unfortunately a great deal of the crap comes from the BFL employees themselves. Case in point...there are no batches save the first batch.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 02:11:11 AM

Unfortunately a great deal of the crap comes from the BFL employees themselves. Case in point...there are no batches save the first batch.

And that they were to ship in October.

Or wait, November.

I mean December.

Promise.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 02:55:05 AM

I'm not holding my breath on shipping dates from BFL.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 05:37:29 AM

And that they were to ship in October.

Or wait, November.

I mean December.

Promise.

BFL support said Oct in my first order.
Then it was Nov when I sent an update email and now the shipping date is Dec ?

Gee, will we ever get it before Christmas?

creativex

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 06:51:02 AM

YES! DAMMIT YES!

...it may however be Christmas 2013.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 07:12:32 AM

Getting a refund from BFL is all the sudden looking more attractive.  Smiley I'm going to wait it out a little bit longer, but I just received this email from BTCFPGA:

"Hello, you are receiving this offer because you have expressed interest in our product by going through the ordering process with us.  Since we did not receive your payment, you will not get your order.

Many of you have established very good shipping position with your original order, and we don't want you to miss out!  If you have already re-ordered by making a new order, we thank you for that.  If you missed out and want to take advantage of your reserved position, now you can!  

Here's what you have to do:

Make a new order, paying with either BTC or Credit Card.
Take note of your Expired order(s).
Add the comment: "Reclaiming position for order #" [your order number]

The only rule is that the order must come in on the account that has the expired orders.  Thanks for understanding!

-------------------------------
If you find that your order is Expired, but you actually did pay for it with BTC, please email me directly about this - there have been a few glitches that I'd love to clear up.

Thanks, I hope you are glad to receive this opportunity"
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 07:57:18 AM

YES! DAMMIT YES!

...it may however be Christmas 2023.
FTFY.

creativex

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 09:28:05 AM

...now who's the pessimist? Shocked

punin

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 10:09:59 AM

Josh has just stated on BFL forums that preorders will be shipped "By the end of January assuming no snags or anything." Cheesy

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 10:48:15 AM

Josh has just stated on BFL forums that preorders will be shipped "By the end of January assuming no snags or anything." Cheesy
The question he answered to was: "Is there a realistic time frame of when you will have "all" the initial pre-ordered ASIC's shipped?"

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: