Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49494 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 08:01:51 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 08:15:15 PM by creativex

Another fine post Josh, thanks for contributing. Grin

The only thread of bankruptcy here is your credibility, which went bankrupt a long time ago.  How's that transparency working out for you over in BTCFPGA land?

Yeah well, it's not my credibility at issue here in this thread is it sir? Perhaps you missed the topic title.

Since you asked, I'm disappointed with the delay of course, but I've chosen to stand pat with Tom because I believed his explanation. The fact that he didn't try to make it sound like a quick pass with the feather duster would tidy up the problems and instead announced a significant delay actually made it more credible. Obviously he knows paying customers will be disappointed and maybe even pissed and cancel, but he didn't try to pass it off as a two week delay with "fuzzy"(BS) dates. Get it? Is ANY of this sinking in?   

Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 08:25:34 PM

I wonder what BFL's balance sheet looks like. They could be at real risk of bankruptcy, particularly if they have actually dipped into pre-order funds for all this supposed chip tinkering. I wonder how long they can stay affloat while talking about bullet runs, respins, and multiple product delays.

Ironically it's ASICs and their pre-order launch in particular that's crimped the FPGA market, so I'm sure sales of existing products must be way down even with the upgrade policy in place.

Yeah, I bet you do wonder... because it's clear you know absolutely nothing about anything.  "At real risk of bankruptcy" yeah, right.  The only thread of bankruptcy here is your credibility, which went bankrupt a long time ago.  How's that transparency working out for you over in BTCFPGA land?

Rule #2 of investing: Don't believe a rumour until it has been officially denied.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 08:27:23 PM

Another fine post Josh, thanks for contributing. Grin

The only thread of bankruptcy here is your credibility, which went bankrupt a long time ago.  How's that transparency working out for you over in BTCFPGA land?

Yeah well, it's not my credibility at issue here in this thread is it sir? Perhaps you missed the topic title.

Since you asked, I'm disappointed with the delay of course, but I've chosen to stand pat with Tom because I believed his explanation. The fact that he didn't try to make it sound like a quick pass with the feather duster would tidy up the problems and instead announced a significant delay actually made it more credible. Obviously he knows paying customers will be disappointed and maybe even pissed and cancel, but he didn't try to pass it off as a two week delay with "fuzzy"(BS) dates. Get it? Is ANY of this sinking in?  

You're right, your credibility isn't at stake, because you have none.  You are an idiot and a liar, have been proven to be one numerous times over and yet you continue to post lies and BS.  Yeah, you are a real stand up citizen!

Yeah, we'll see how many BTC that "transparency" buys you come January.  Good luck with that.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 08:34:38 PM

You're right, your credibility isn't at stake, because you have none.  You are an idiot and a liar, have been proven to be one numerous times over and yet you continue to post lies and BS.  Yeah, you are a real stand up citizen!

Yeah, we'll see how many BTC that "transparency" buys you come January.  Good luck with that.

BFL_Douche, do I have any credibility since it does seem like you are the credibility grantor? 

::fingers crossed::  !!!!

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
creativex

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 09:05:21 PM

You're right, your credibility isn't at stake, because you have none.  You are an idiot and a liar, have been proven to be one numerous times over and yet you continue to post lies and BS.  Yeah, you are a real stand up citizen!

Ouch. Smiley You nearly had me in tears with that scathing spot of sauciness.  

Come on Josh, you cannot POSSIBLY be just an employee of BFL's. Nobody and I mean NOBODY would allow a condescending blowhard reeking of unjustified arrogance like you to represent their company for long. Who owns BFL? What's your stake? Surely that's not private info...

If you guys were on the nasdaq I'd be buying puts.

bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 09:08:53 PM

You're right, your credibility isn't at stake, because you have none.  You are an idiot and a liar, have been proven to be one numerous times over and yet you continue to post lies and BS.  Yeah, you are a real stand up citizen!

Ouch. Smiley You nearly had me in tears with that scathing spot of sauciness. 

Come on Josh, you cannot POSSIBLY be just an employee of BFL's. Nobody and I mean NOBODY would allow a condescending blowhard reeking of unjustified arrogance like you to represent their company for long. Who owns BFL? What's your stake? Surely that's not private info...

Their personal culture is like their ASIC... does not exist  Wink
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 09:24:37 PM

I know, it's harsh when a company doesn't bend over backwards to please whiny little bitches like you, huh?  It really sucks to run into a company that treats people who are irrational and entitled like they should be treated... well guess what?  You get exactly what you deserve.  You are a repeat liar and muckraker, as such you are treated with the same courtesy you show to others: None at all.  It's really too bad more companies don't see the value in jettisoning useless "customers" like you that cost more to keep than they produce in income. 

I'd like to say that I feel bad for not bending over and kissing your ass and trying to make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but the truth is, I don't.  Not only are you a poor "customer" that we want nothing to do with, you are a pathetic human being that should not be allowed interaction with civilized, rational adults.  Unfortunately, the internet is the perfect breeding ground for anonymous assholes like you who are incapable of interacting with society outside of a monitor and keyboard, lest they be locked up.

So go on, cry me another river of tears on how BFL treats you so poorly.  Then tell me again how many products you have on order with BFL so I can better understand what grounds you have for your constant whining and complaining you do.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
creativex

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 09:38:12 PM

I know, it's harsh when a company doesn't bend over backwards to please whiny little bitches like you, huh?  It really sucks to run into a company that treats people who are irrational and entitled like they should be treated... well guess what?  You get exactly what you deserve.  You are a repeat liar and muckraker, as such you are treated with the same courtesy you show to others: None at all.  It's really too bad more companies don't see the value in jettisoning useless "customers" like you that cost more to keep than they produce in income.  

I'd like to say that I feel bad for not bending over and kissing your ass and trying to make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but the truth is, I don't.  Not only are you a poor "customer" that we want nothing to do with, you are a pathetic human being that should not be allowed interaction with civilized, rational adults.  Unfortunately, the internet is the perfect breeding ground for anonymous assholes like you who are incapable of interacting with society outside of a monitor and keyboard, lest they be locked up.

So go on, cry me another river of tears on how BFL treats you so poorly.  Then tell me again how many products you have on order with BFL so I can better understand what grounds you have for your constant whining and complaining you do.

Just keep talking buddy. Grin

You're really showing me what's what!

a company doesn't bend over backwards to please whiny little bitches like you

Can you elaborate on what this entails? Would say, NOT taking zero interest loans for vaporware months in advance of a fictional shipping date be considered "bending over backwards to please whiny little bitches?" I just seek clarification. Also, could you define the word "liar"?

bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:46:37 PM

I know, it's harsh when a company doesn't bend over backwards to please whiny little bitches like you, huh?  It really sucks to run into a company that treats people who are irrational and entitled like they should be treated... well guess what?  You get exactly what you deserve.  You are a repeat liar and muckraker, as such you are treated with the same courtesy you show to others: None at all.  It's really too bad more companies don't see the value in jettisoning useless "customers" like you that cost more to keep than they produce in income.  

I'd like to say that I feel bad for not bending over and kissing your ass and trying to make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but the truth is, I don't.  Not only are you a poor "customer" that we want nothing to do with, you are a pathetic human being that should not be allowed interaction with civilized, rational adults.  Unfortunately, the internet is the perfect breeding ground for anonymous assholes like you who are incapable of interacting with society outside of a monitor and keyboard, lest they be locked up.

So go on, cry me another river of tears on how BFL treats you so poorly.  Then tell me again how many products you have on order with BFL so I can better understand what grounds you have for your constant whining and complaining you do.

Do not forget that you represent the company. People have the right to say bad things when they are dissatisfied. People generally have the right to write what they want Smiley  If I were you I'd be mad too, I understand that. But the company needs to do a good face on a bad game, it's called Public Relations Wink Poor PR = less customers. Your anger feeds the anger of others. Anyway, there would be less bad comments, if you did not disappoint people who gave you money.
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:12:51 PM

As I said: BFL and Public Relations - a delicate subject.

Thanks to Inaba. You rock. Not.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:33:35 PM

Poor PR = less customers.
Or that's what the world would have you believe, anyway.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 12:27:44 AM

Poor PR = less customers.

Less customers is not necessarily a bad thing.  In many industries now the ideal customer is "high profit/low maintenance" and companies intentionally implement policies which will discourage low profit or high maintenance customers from using their service - they literally want you to take your business elsewhere because you're likely going to cost them more to service than they'll make in profit from trading with you. 

When I was working in financial services and low profit/high maintenance customers used to threaten to take their business elsewhere (usually because they'd been hit by one of the policies designed to get rid of low value/high risk customers), I was often tempted to say "please do" because the truth is that business isn't a charity or community service and you don't actually want customers on whom you lose money.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 01:02:44 AM

Less customers is not necessarily a bad thing.  In many industries now the ideal customer is "high profit/low maintenance" and companies intentionally implement policies which will discourage low profit or high maintenance customers from using their service - they literally want you to take your business elsewhere because you're likely going to cost them more to service than they'll make in profit from trading with you.  

You just described CreativeX perfectly.  You also hit the nail on the head.

Being a worthless human being also translates, at least in CreativeX's case into being a worthless customer, which is why I am so very glad he chose to go with Tom.  I'm more, more, more than happy to send the whiny people over to so that he can baby them with kind words and false promises and tell them everything will be OK.  That is exactly the kind of customer that Tom needs and deserves.  Meanwhile, BFL will continue to provide the best possible mining hardware at the best possible price, in part because we don't have to spend time catering the nattering idiots like Frizz and CreativeX, sucking up customer service resources with constant bitching, moaning and complaining.  

Also, could you define the word "liar"?

I think you know the definition, but let me give you an example (one of your more recent lies):

They're also going to work through turkey day to ensure the deadline is MET. ...well unless turkey day falls on thanksgiving this year...it *IS* a holiday afterall.

You also attributed that to me.

So you are the very definition of a liar.  I notice you just glossed over the fact that you were proven to be a liar, but hey... that's what liars do!  

I'll just leave this here for the future:

Transparency working really well TY. I ordered another unit last week, because I believe in BTCFPGA management. BTW for those at home that's 144Gh for $2168 with shipping!!! What does $2168 buy from ButterFinger Labs? Doh! 100Gh...shipping NOT INCLUDED. Ouch.

Nope, no bASIC yet. Stunningly they haven't quite gotten to order #1343 yet, despite saying they'd ship in late Nov early Dec, the rascals.

80-120 watts I believe, why do you want to order with them again? I have Tom's number right here...

Shipping? Hopefully 1st week of December, but we shall see. Hey isn't that BFL's last re'scheduled shipping date? Gnarly, I thought you guys were going to be way ahead.

How much hashrate is that $2168 going to buy you in December? Oh... that's right. Zero.  As expected.  Oh, hey... since Tom is transparent, can you tell me how much power the bASIC is going to use?  No?  What about ... well, can you tell me anything technical about the basic?  I mean, it WAS suppose to ship this week, right?  So there must be some technical specs floating around somewhere?  Some pictures?  A diagram or two?  Maybe the specs on the power connector, right?  Something?  Anything?  Transparent as mud!

abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 01:26:57 AM

Can we move on to a conversation that has less angry, meaningless bickering.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 01:50:34 AM

Sure. So far every asic biz is off track except avalon. They get another month until we can flame them.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 02:25:12 AM

How much hashrate is that $2168 going to buy you in December? Oh... that's right. Zero.  As expected.  Oh, hey... since Tom is transparent, can you tell me how much power the bASIC is going to use?  No?  What about ... well, can you tell me anything technical about the basic?  I mean, it WAS suppose to ship this week, right?  So there must be some technical specs floating around somewhere?  Some pictures?  A diagram or two?  Maybe the specs on the power connector, right?  Something?  Anything?  Transparent as mud!

Why does Tom scare you so much? Are you worried that even with his delays he'll ship before you?

Buy & Hold
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 02:32:27 AM

Sure. So far every asic biz is off track except avalon. They get another month until we can flame them.

Well let's just say they're on a new, redefined track Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 02:50:23 AM

And in this corner:

vs
        Satoshi Inaba                                                 Shawn Vexx
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:11:01 AM

How much hashrate is that $2168 going to buy you in December? Oh... that's right. Zero.  As expected.  Oh, hey... since Tom is transparent, can you tell me how much power the bASIC is going to use?  No?  What about ... well, can you tell me anything technical about the basic?  I mean, it WAS suppose to ship this week, right?  So there must be some technical specs floating around somewhere?  Some pictures?  A diagram or two?  Maybe the specs on the power connector, right?  Something?  Anything?  Transparent as mud!

Why does Tom scare you so much? Are you worried that even with his delays he'll ship before you?

Not sure how you get scared of out of that, but whatever you say!

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:26:57 AM

Horay? (!)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: