Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:20:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49500 times)
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 08:15:58 PM

Rehost the pictures please. I need to know if those are renders again or an actual physical object.

I can't. I am banned at BFL forums Wink

But does it make a difference? Render or not - it's just a casing.

Like the Apple TV ... I mean Jalapeno casing they've shown some weeks ago Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 08:17:44 PM

So BFL cancels one delivery date after the other, because they are supposedly only waiting for parts (mainly the ASICs themselves!) - yet they are still fiddling around with the design of their casing?!?!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/459-new-single-sc-pics.html
BFL_Josh: "I was taking some pics for some promotional stuff tonight, so I thought I'd share some of the pics. This is the new, taller case to accomodate some better airflow, ..."

One could expect that they by now have tons of casings ready just waiting for the PCB to be plugged in - yet they don't even have that!

Man! How on earth would you have kept your initial deadline for October (or even November) shipment?
Oh, good.  You have to post the same thing in multiple threads just to spread as much FUD as possible!   Roll Eyes
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 08:21:08 PM

Rehost the pictures please. I need to know if those are renders again or an actual physical object.

I can't. I am banned at BFL forums Wink

But does it make a difference? Render or not - it's just a casing.

Like the Apple TV ... I mean Jalapeno casing they've shown some weeks ago Wink

use a free webproxy and wha-laa, unbanned -  Wink

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 08:25:43 PM

use a free webproxy and wha-laa, unbanned -  Wink

I supposedly did. As well as other naughty, naughty things. Ask Inaba & all the other paranoid folks at BFL...

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 08:32:50 PM

I think there is only one supplier for the chips. That would explain them all having delays at the same time.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 08:34:58 PM

IDK how that's supposed to be better airflow, when there's almost ZERO vents in the entire case. That back side we can't see better be an entire hex mesh or something. (twss)

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 09:11:55 PM

Given the amount of wattage it needs to dissipate, it doesn't seem like an unreasonable vent.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:50:39 PM

So BFL cancels one delivery date after the other, because they are supposedly only waiting for parts (mainly the ASICs themselves!) - yet they are still fiddling around with the design of their casing?!?!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/459-new-single-sc-pics.html
BFL_Josh: "I was taking some pics for some promotional stuff tonight, so I thought I'd share some of the pics. This is the new, taller case to accomodate some better airflow, ..."

One could expect that they by now have tons of casings ready just waiting for the PCB to be plugged in - yet they don't even have that!

Man! How on earth would you have kept your initial deadline for October (or even November) shipment?

They plainly never intended to ship in October or November. It's all just a bunch of lip service carefully disseminated to gobble up as much market share as possible and to keep those that pre-ordered from cancelling. Even BFL people cannot be so utterly incompetent that they've screwed the pooch twice in two outtings. Oops we missed the power estimates for our FPGA products by 400%...sorry. Please.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:53:21 PM

They plainly never intended to ship in October or November. It's all just a bunch of lip service carefully disseminated to gobble up as much market share as possible and to keep those that pre-ordered from cancelling. Even BFL people cannot be so utterly incompetent that they've screwed the pooch twice in two outtings. Oops we missed the power estimates for our FPGA products by 400%...sorry. Please.
They plainly did intend to ship in October, but the first batch of chips didn't work (at least to BFL's satisfaction), so they had to push back the date.
creativex

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:01:16 AM

Plainly. Hey Josh said so...must be true. His track record of accuracy speaks for itself...um. He's either incompetent or spewing bs, and I don't think he's incompetent.

Just examine his newest stance fas. Those defective imperfect chips had to be respun so they're being shipped over sometime in the fuzzy week of the 11th...or later in December, but somehow magically BFL is going to get the new chips(which will of course be perfect), assemble units, test them and ship them before 12/31/12? I suspect there might be a problem.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:13:21 AM

Plainly. Hey Josh said so...must be true. His track record of accuracy speaks for itself...um. He's either incompetent or spewing bs, and I don't think he's incompetent.

Just examine his newest stance fas. Those defective imperfect chips had to be respun so they're being shipped over sometime in the fuzzy week of the 11th...or later in December, but somehow magically BFL is going to get the new chips(which will of course be perfect), assemble units, test them and ship them before 12/31/12? I suspect there might be a problem.
Look at EVERY BFL employees postings from before October, and it is plain to see they all expected to ship them in October.  It's not just Josh.

He hasn't promised anything with regards to December 11th, only given his best estimate of when things will get rolling again.  I don't know what your problem with that is.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:18:53 AM

I know you yearn to be a cool as me, but please stop confusing me with you.  You are the only one who lies and spreads FUD, which has been proven numerous times.  I'd like to say one day you might be able to achieve a fraction of the awesome that it is being me, but judging from what you've written, you'll be lucky to achieve something beyond being a waste of human flesh.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
creativex

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:23:13 AM

Look at EVERY BFL employees postings from before October, and it is plain to see they all expected to ship them in October.  It's not just Josh.

He hasn't promised anything with regards to December 11th, only given his best estimate of when things will get rolling again.  I don't know what your problem with that is.

What do you mean "get rolling again"? They were rolling at some point? I've heard about some perty perty cases, some proposed clock buffers, some defective chips that weren't defective and not much else. I guess I'm just skeptical about someone's projections when that person never seems to be right. I do realize nothing has been promised and the wording has been softened from YES SHIPPING IN OCTOBER...REALLY! to we hope to ship all batch 1 pre-orders by the end of January 31 2013(unlikely).

I know you yearn to be a cool as me, but please stop confusing me with you.  You are the only one who lies and spreads FUD, which has been proven numerous times.  I'd like to say one day you might be able to achieve a fraction of the awesome that it is being me, but judging from what you've written, you'll be lucky to achieve something beyond being a waste of human flesh.

None could ever be so cool as you bud. Cool

Nice call ignoring the subject material and going for the personal attacks...again.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:26:42 AM

There you go, making shit up again CreativeX... it's almost laughable how you are seemingly unable to post without spouting a lie.

Please, by all means, show me where I (or someone from BFL) posted that we would ship "batch 1 pre-orders by the end of January."  Of course, you won't do it and you'll come back with something stupid like "I'm not doing your job."  Which you only do when you know you've been caught in yet another lie.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
creativex

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:28:21 AM

There you go, making shit up again CreativeX... it's almost laughable how you are seemingly unable to post without spouting a lie.

Please, by all means, show me where I (or someone from BFL) posted that we would ship "batch 1 pre-orders by the end of January."  Of course, you won't do it and you'll come back with something stupid like "I'm not doing your job."  Which you only do when you know you've been caught in yet another lie.

You're just too clever. Like the mofo'n Perry Mason of vaporware.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:30:18 AM

Heh, a retarded hamster is more clever than you.

Serious question:  Why do you lie in almost every post you make bashing BFL?  If you want to bash BFL, why can't you stick to established facts instead of making them up?  Is it because BFL isn't the big, bad company you so desperately want them to be, if you stick to facts?  I'm honestly curious as to the reason you're apparently unable to post about BFL without telling a lie.

hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:31:17 AM

So if the case is not fabricated yet....
Then it is going to be AT-LEAST another 30 days from when the toolmaker receives the plans, that is the time it takes in Asia to get a mold tool ready.(and that would be a GOOD tool maker, right first time)
Then proofing (1 week)+ final polishing (1-2 weeks) depending on external finish.

Can you get me  side pictures, without me having to log into BFL, so I can see how many sliding cores (if any) the tool may need.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:33:46 AM

Look at EVERY BFL employees postings from before October, and it is plain to see they all expected to ship them in October.  It's not just Josh.

He hasn't promised anything with regards to December 11th, only given his best estimate of when things will get rolling again.  I don't know what your problem with that is.

What do you mean "get rolling again"? They were rolling at some point? I've heard about some perty perty cases, some proposed clock buffers, some defective chips that weren't defective and not much else. I guess I'm just skeptical about someone's projections when that person never seems to be right. I do realize nothing has been promised and the wording has been softened from YES SHIPPING IN OCTOBER...REALLY! to we hope to ship all batch 1 pre-orders by the end of January 31 2013(unlikely).
I am skeptical as well.  I hope they do ship out sometime soon in December, but I am not expecting them to.  

I have worked in manufacturing before, I know how not having one part can delay an entire product line.  I also have full confidence that BFL has not tried to mislead anyone at any time.  Whenever they mentioned a particular date of shipment, it was based on everything going right.  Things have not gone right, so they had to delay.  I really do not understand why people make such a big deal out of unforseen delays.  They tried to give a good estimate, not knowing that the chips would need a revision, or that they needed to wait on other parts, etc.  Despite that, they did pad their October 2012 estimate by stating that it was a best-case scenario, and they would have to delay it if there was any delay in acquiring parts necessary for assembling the units.

Basically, I still fail to see where they've done anything wrong, even though the whole of bitcointalk seems to think they are of the devil.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:34:47 AM

So if the case is not fabricated yet....
Then it is going to be AT-LEAST another 30 days from when the toolmaker receives the plans and that is the time it takes in Asia got get a mold tool ready.(and that would be a GOOD tool maker, right first time)
Then proofing (1 week)+ final polishing (1-2 weeks) depending on external finish.

Can you get me  side pictures, without me having to log into BFL, so I can see how many sliding cores (if any) the tool may need.

Josh already stated that it takes 2-5 days from design to product-in-hand.  They must have someone local doing it for them.  Stamping sheet metal isn't a difficult or lengthy process.
creativex

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:36:05 AM

Heh, a retarded hamster is more clever than you.

Serious question:  Why do you lie in almost every post you make bashing BFL?  If you want to bash BFL, why can't you stick to established facts instead of making them up?  Is it because BFL isn't the big, bad company you so desperately want them to be, if you stick to facts?  I'm honestly curious as to the reason you're apparently unable to post about BFL without telling a lie.

So THIS is inaccurate?

Josh has just stated on BFL forums that preorders will be shipped "By the end of January assuming no snags or anything."

...and this:

The question he answered to was: "Is there a realistic time frame of when you will have "all" the initial pre-ordered ASIC's shipped?"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112700.380

Not digging around in your crap forums unless I get some free koolaid too. Frankly you've been wrong(lied) about projected shipping of BFL products so many times I have no idea if/when you guys will produce anything aside from hot air.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: