Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:56:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: - 2 Remaining - LIMITED EDITION Philosopher's Coin- CryptoImperator & Microsoul  (Read 8314 times)
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:14:55 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 09:36:12 AM by gravitate

Let me introduce to you the brilliantly cast in 999 silver Philosopher’s Coin.

It has been made in a partnership with Both MicroSoul and Crypto Imperator and was sponsored directly from WOODCOIN.

It has had a pile of coins 3D alt coins rendered on the frontal design which gives amazing depth.  If you look carefully you can see on the front a coin that shows both company logos holding hands (above the wood coin logo). Everyone who has seen this coin has been stunned by the complexity and original design. It truly will set a new standard in the Physical Crypto Market due to the hidden crypto concept. With these coins you don't need to be Indiana Jones to go on a tresure hunt you can do it from the comfort of your own home!

The coin is 1 Troy Oz 0.999 Fine silver and comes fully loaded with 1 BTC in the standard way of securing a private key printed on paper beneath a security holographic sticker. The coins are funded and have CryptoImperators sticker holograms on and also Microsoul stickers on depending which you choose.  Unfunded is possible also as you wish.

The amazing thing about these coins is that on the back of the coin there is a code that needs to be deciphered to get the private key to 6 altcoins.

There are 6 private keys on the back that are for alt coins. Crack the code and you will get rewards of around 0.5 Bitcoin in prizes. But this coin also has a part of a code that will only be completed if you collect the subsequent 4 series of coins. This code will win you 5 BTC

Under the DOGE on the front you will see  #01 which states this is the first of 5 of the series of Philosopher's coins. Each series more inventive and intriguing. There is a part of a bitcoin address. You will find the remaining on future coin releases. This will lead to a prize but the amount is yet to be decided as its based on future price releases etc.

There will be 20 coins. 1-10 with CI stickers on and 1-10 with MS stickers on.

PRICE UNfunded = 250 USD
Price Funded = 250 USD +1BTC

This is My Only Payment address: 1EmgH6qoio62LzBzWT1rUT45xL8efiwBvT If you want to pay paypal then PM me.

CryptoImperator sent me some final pictures of the real product:

Images
Front View

Front View 2

MS logo

Rear View Covered  

Here are the public Addresses of the Prizes. They will be funded when all sales are finalised and coins ready to be distributed. The alt coin prizes will add up to 0.5 BTC

Dark/ Dash
XmHVqZTQV7nd2KEoXU5wvjaiYWoTtFBDSp

BlackCoin
BR6V2SyWqYwfEQ6FzLPLH9yPWvd35KbGPq

wood
WUGEKrdUg6DFsgkM8ruhWKBdZxKtbSTyBc

FeatherCoin
6sg1rcgz1hJoyXcKYLTxzPB2vDBw6ruY4Q

Vertcoin
VuWk1LsosWzY7DgvjZhHTKXjAdS9WRcFDM

WorldAidCoin
VuWk1LsosWzY7DgvjZhHTKXjAdS9WRcFDM

Final Bitcoin prize
18YCaRcTCWgfgsfevSLEqZEWenhFtWN1Z4

To peel or not to peel.
wheresmycoin

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:34:15 AM

Why 1.4? 1.4 or 1 BTC is for funding the coin's private key/ face value?
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:51:54 AM

What's the code to crack? Do we need to buy the coin?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:54:12 AM

To see the code you have to buy it. Unless someone else buys the coin and makes it public.  1.4 bitcoin is like this. 1 btc for funding the coin and 0.4 to 6 bitcoin and 10 bitcoin prizes for cracking the code.

You can't cracking the code with out seeing it. And you can't really see it with out buying the coin. That's why I covered up the code. If the code was public then there would be less reason to buy the coin as anyone will have a chance to cracking it.

To peel or not to peel.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 11:45:24 AM

To see the code you have to buy it. Unless someone else buys the coin and makes it public.  1.4 bitcoin is like this. 1 btc for funding the coin and 0.4 to 6 bitcoin and 10 bitcoin prizes for cracking the code.

You can't cracking the code with out seeing it. And you can't really see it with out buying the coin. That's why I covered up the code. If the code was public then there would be less reason to buy the coin as anyone will have a chance to cracking it.

What's the level of difficulty to cracking the code? Would you need high end mathematical ability or something of that sort?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
wheresmycoin

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 11:47:18 AM

thanks for explaining on how the 0.4 comes about.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:08:37 PM

What's the level of difficulty to cracking the code? Would you need high end mathematical ability or something of that sort?

No not really. Like I say anyone with enough patience could crack it. I didn't go all out on the first one its not as hard as the next series are going to be for sure.

To peel or not to peel.
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:33:09 PM

A couple questions:

1. Are the coins serial numbered?  Not the editions# 1-5.
2. Are they in stock or preorder?
3. Any option to have it not funded?  1B is a little steep on top of the $410 premium.
4. Are these in lieu of the pirate coins?
5. Are there 20 or 30 made?  The title says 20 for sale
6. You mention that the bonus will be funded when all sales are completed.  So unless/until you sell all 20 or 30 coins, the bonus prize won't be funded?  What happens if you don't sell out?
7. As a collector, I'm interested, but I wish the price were a little lower.  Its a $300 + .4B ($110) premium = $410 + the funded 1B.
8. Does cracking the code require traveling to a physical location like the pirate coins did?
9. Thank you for designing an innovative coin.  I'm very interested in it.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:00:59 PM

A couple questions:

1. Are the coins serial numbered?  Not the editions# 1-5.
2. Are they in stock or preorder?
3. Any option to have it not funded?  1B is a little steep on top of the $410 premium.
4. Are these in lieu of the pirate coins?
5. Are there 20 or 30 made?  The title says 20 for sale
6. You mention that the bonus will be funded when all sales are completed.  So unless/until you sell all 20 or 30 coins, the bonus prize won't be funded?  What happens if you don't sell out?
7. As a collector, I'm interested, but I wish the price were a little lower.  Its a $300 + .4B ($110) premium = $410 + the funded 1B.
8. Does cracking the code require traveling to a physical location like the pirate coins did?
9. Thank you for designing an innovative coin.  I'm very interested in it.

1. They can be indeed from 01-20
2. I only have the sample right now. They are in production and will be finished in 10 days. Therefore ETA would be 3 weeks
3. Yes thats no problem can provide you with the full public key if you wish to fund in the future.
4. In lieu like instead of? Pirate coins are on the back burner until I have more time. Sorry but I wasnt really sure what you meant in that question.
5. 20 for sale only and 2 samples which will have no serial number and won't be sold.  I corrected the typo.
8. No it certainly doesnt. All you need is a pen and paper. For later coins it will entail some searching on the internet but the geohashing is on hold for now as it will be an immense project.
9. You are welcome and this is just the start. Lots of daring ideas for the coming series.

To peel or not to peel.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 07:30:01 PM

Fuck yeah, this is awesome! Glad to see one of your "secret treasure-hunt" style coins come to production, and by 2 great physical crypto makers (Crypto Imperator and MicroSoul) nonetheless! I want one, but can't spend the funds at the moment. I agree I would personally be more likely to buy a non-funded coin as it would help me afford it more with the premium. Though the coins would be very cool if they were funded with 1BTC inside and gave you the chance to "find" another 6BTC.

Kudos to gravitate for making a very original and
unique idea of his come to life instead of just staying in the idea phase.

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 07:38:27 PM

I do think this was a relevant question of bithalo's about the prize concept that wasn't answered, but that could have been accidentally skipped.

gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:25:42 PM

I do think this was a relevant question of bithalo's about the prize concept that wasn't answered, but that could have been accidentally skipped.

Accidentally skipped sorry. I was going to wait until I had taken sales for all 20 coins therefore not to give people an advantage. I will say 1 Month after the coins are finished and ready for shipping that if all of the coins are not sold I will send the coins together then and fund.

But I am presuming this wont be a problem with the limited number for sale. So basically the Maximum shipping time will be 7 weeks. But obviously they could be shipped all together a lot sooner (3 weeks).

To peel or not to peel.
bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:22:59 PM

OK.  I'm in for one.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 12:56:35 AM

It's a cool idea and I like the design, however there's a major flaw in your system.
In my opinion, the 6 BTC reward is what will draw some customers in. The fact that one customer can then post the codes online for everyone to see isn't really fair to the other 19 coin owners as they'd have had to pay to get the coins containing the codes and now their chances of getting the 6 BTC have diminished significantly. If I were you, I'd try finding a way of stopping gamut Hong like that from happening.
Not sure on what you could do about it though...
bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 01:17:43 AM

It's a cool idea and I like the design, however there's a major flaw in your system.
In my opinion, the 6 BTC reward is what will draw some customers in. The fact that one customer can then post the codes online for everyone to see isn't really fair to the other 19 coin owners as they'd have had to pay to get the coins containing the codes and now their chances of getting the 6 BTC have diminished significantly. If I were you, I'd try finding a way of stopping gamut Hong like that from happening.

Maybe that person should get banned from future microsoul purchases, so they can't do it again.

I would prefer that those who bought earlier like myself get rewarded with getting the coin early.  It would encourage someone to buy early and not wait until it's in stock.   There's no incentive to preorder now if everyone gets theirs at the same time.

Everyone has the same opportunity to get in early now if they want a jump on the competition.

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 01:20:03 AM

I don't think anybody buying a coin would disclose those codes online, as they would have paid a premium price to get their "copy" of the code, and posting that publicly would only decrease their chances of being the 1 "winner."

That's just how I imagine it happening, kind of an 'everybody out for themselves treasure hunt'. Posting it publicly would greatly increase the competition of people trying to crack the code. Though there is always that one asshole who Would do that, so who knows? Wondering what gravitate and CI's thoughts on it are.

gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:44:39 AM

I agree with the other 2. People who buy this wouldn't do that because basically they would devalue their coin. If someone did I would not sell to them again obviously.
But after the the prizes are claimed I do expect the back of the coin to be public to prove that it was all legitimate and the 6 BTC was claimed and the private keys did contain the prizes stated. Well public as far as 90% of the codes on there. There is 10% of the code that leads to the private key of 10 BTC prize.

I just can not see anyone posting this online unless someone wants to jeopardise the project. So if anyone does they will be banned from further sales. I dont know anyone who would give away a treasure map knowing it would make them less likely to find the treasure and also devalue the value of the map itself.

I think its a good point worth mentioning but it wont happen and if it does the source of the image online will be banned from any other sales.

To peel or not to peel.
CryptoImperator
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1312

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 05:31:16 PM

If you are on the fence about getting this coin... just buy it!
We are collaborating with Gravitate/Microsoul to launch a unique coin, putting together the experience and knowhow from two well known and reputable coin manufacturers. This is something never done before Smiley

I will not PM you with other accounts, double check via mail or Twitter that you are dealing with the correct account. Be careful, I will not send you any links.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:10:35 PM

I agree with the other 2. People who buy this wouldn't do that because basically they would devalue their coin. If someone did I would not sell to them again obviously.
But after the the prizes are claimed I do expect the back of the coin to be public to prove that it was all legitimate and the 6 BTC was claimed and the private keys did contain the prizes stated. Well public as far as 90% of the codes on there. There is 10% of the code that leads to the private key of 10 BTC prize.

I just can not see anyone posting this online unless someone wants to jeopardise the project. So if anyone does they will be banned from further sales. I dont know anyone who would give away a treasure map knowing it would make them less likely to find the treasure and also devalue the value of the map itself.

I think its a good point worth mentioning but it wont happen and if it does the source of the image online will be banned from any other sales.

Well it could be someone who bought the coin who publishes it on condition that the person who manages to crack the code gives them x of the BTC.
Again, yes it is unlikely that someone would do that, but money makes people greedy and you can't rule anything out. You can be pretty sure that everyone who buys the coin will definitely show it to friends and family seeking advice on the code at the bare minimum. The fact is that the code will be shared, the only question is with who and the way of stopping it.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:50:51 AM

Well it could be someone who bought the coin who publishes it on condition that the person who manages to crack the code gives them x of the BTC.
Again, yes it is unlikely that someone would do that, but money makes people greedy and you can't rule anything out. You can be pretty sure that everyone who buys the coin will definitely show it to friends and family seeking advice on the code at the bare minimum. The fact is that the code will be shared, the only question is with who and the way of stopping it.

I understand there is some kind of risk of the codes on the back of the coin going public but the chances are tiny. Nobody would give someone else the combination (written in code) to a safe full of gold accessible only to the person who cracked it and then hope the person they gave it to will give them the agreed share of gold.  It will not happen and what strengthens this even more is by how many scams are going around and miss trust. These coins are essentially treasure maps and will be treated like so. As for putting the code public would be unimaginable. Its like the ciphers released in the levis treasure hunt. Nobody gave them away as it would make no sense at all. http://io9.com/the-most-astonishing-real-life-treasure-hunts-1181644705
I may however consider my buyers signing a specifically adapted NDA. I don’t think it is required but if it puts buyers mind at ease I can do this electronically with each sale.

To peel or not to peel.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: