Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:51:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If this forum is any indication then Munero should be #1  (Read 1954 times)
NEMaSCAM (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:43:13 PM

This whole echo chamber, which is also the busiest section on Bitcointalk, is just "Monero... Monero... Monero"

Dumb name, instamined and zero innovation (stolen from Cryptonote).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:07:46 PM

I agree with the topic.
However, Monero is not marketcapwise # 1 yet. Do you smell an opportunity here?  Grin
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:27:30 PM

I believe that a cryptonote will eventually #1, and since Monero is the top cryptoonote, the OP may be right.

hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 12:47:03 AM

I believe that a cryptonote will eventually #1, and since Monero is the top cryptoonote, the OP may be right.

Do I smell someone who sold his trash for XMR? Grin
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 12:57:39 AM

This whole echo chamber, which is also the busiest section on Bitcointalk, is just "Monero... Monero... Monero"

Grin  Obligatory...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:01:51 AM

Do I smell someone who sold his trash for XMR? Grin

Not really. I've been out alts for a few months and decided that it's time to look at alts again. After some research, I fell in live with the cryptonote technology, and when it comes to cryptonotes, Monero is Best of Breed. Right now, I hold Monero and Bitcoin.

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:07:36 AM

Dumb name, instamined and zero innovation (stolen from Cryptonote).

Yet you can't help but talk about it Tongue
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:36:02 AM

This forum it's just like a mouth-karate ring. Too many opinions without research, test, etc. Too much FUD and HYPE.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 12:37:47 PM

Peter Todd: Monero is atrociously bad

The Cryptonote/Bytecoin codebase #XMR is based on is atrociously bad, orders of magnitude worse than #Bitcoin. WTF: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/master/src/crypto/tree-hash.c

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/507427225927708672

sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:45:36 PM

The Cryptonote/Bytecoin codebase #XMR is based on is atrociously bad, orders of magnitude worse than #Bitcoin. WTF: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/master/src/crypto/tree-hash.c

Apparently, he has either changed his mind, or he feels that DASH is even worse. Either way, it doesn't say much for DASH.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:58:44 PM

Apparently, he has either changed his mind, or he feels that DASH is even worse. Either way, it doesn't say much for DASH.

No, he recognized that the code has since been cleaned up. The original tweet above was almost a year ago.

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/622081863008436225
RajRambo

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:34:24 PM

No, he recognized that the code has since been cleaned up. The original tweet above was almost a year ago.

Monero got caught using a shit codebase so they changed a file thinking that would make it look ok from the outside and no one cares to check anyway.  Nearly everything else in the Bytecoin core they left the same and they added nothing of any value since then.  But they sell it like someone just invented the light bulb.  That's why Monero is a 100% BSO Bull-Shit Operation.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:37:57 PM

Monero got caught using a shit codebase so they changed a file thinking that would make it look ok from the outside and no one cares to check anyway.  Nearly everything else in the Bytecoin core they left the same and they added nothing of any value since then.  But they sell it like someone just invented the light bulb.  That's why Monero is a 100% BSO Bull-Shit Operation.

Tell it to Peter Todd who believes the code has now been "cleaned up", and that Dash is "bad crypto"

Yup! Rather have cleaned up bad code w/ good crypto over bad crypto

Your super developer expertise knows better than his, obviously.

Nice trolling, Newbie shill account.
RajRambo

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:45:51 PM

Monero got caught using a shit codebase so they changed a file thinking that would make it look ok from the outside and no one cares to check anyway.  Nearly everything else in the Bytecoin core they left the same and they added nothing of any value since then.  But they sell it like someone just invented the light bulb.  That's why Monero is a 100% BSO Bull-Shit Operation.

Tell it to Peter Todd who believes the code has now been "cleaned up", and that Dash is "bad crypto"

Yup! Rather have cleaned up bad code w/ good crypto over bad crypto

Your super developer expertise knows better than his, obviously.

Nice trolling, Newbie shill account.
exactly, he "believes" the code has been cleaned up.  You did edit one file, just nothing else..and it's not like he would give a shit to actually check.  Your core is same as it was when you forked and the "features" you added are practically nothing (users don't need 6GB of ram is a feature??? and its still not released yet).  That's exactly the kind of thing your skills as a Bullshit Artist let you achieve and fool most people.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:48:24 PM

Advice to anyone who is considering continuing this pointless exchange with the obvious sock puppet troll 'RajRambo' account:

The next time you encounter a troll online, remember:

• These trolls are some truly difficult people.
  • It is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them.
RajRambo

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:51:10 PM

Advice to anyone who is considering continuing this exchange with the obvious sock puppet troll 'RajRambo' account:

• It is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them.

So you are suffering when I point out your are just peddling bullshit with no useful change to Cryptonote like someone just invented the light bulb.

Quick, paste your list:  Monero has achieved

1. storing the blockchain on disk without needing ram (now in month 12, not released yet).
2. Updating the wallet from version 0.8.8.6 (now in month 9, not released yet).
3. Electrum wallet (probably not Monero devs because it's at least 2 days work)
4. Fixing a file someone pointed out the code was shit

Very Good Smooth, I must buy some Monero, I never saw so much action-packed innovation and hard working devs like you..  Shutup and take my money!!!
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:54:14 PM

Advice to anyone who is considering continuing this exchange with the obvious sock puppet troll 'RajRambo' account:

So you are suffering when I point out your are just peddling bullshit with no useful change to Cryptonote like someone just invented the light bulb.

No, I personally don't think you have any credibility so I don't care what you say.

Other people who don't have as much background on Newbie sock puppet accounts created by Dash trolls butthurt over Peter Todd calling out their snake oil and bad crypto might be confused and find the above helpful.
RajRambo

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:55:17 PM

No, I personally don't think you have any credibility so I don't care what you say.

Other people who don't have as much background on Newbie sock puppet accounts created by Dash trolls butthurt over Peter Todd calling out their snake oil and bad crypto might be confused and find the above helpful.

But you avoided my points though ey?  

FTFY

Monero has achieved:

1. storing the blockchain on disk without needing 6GB ram (now in month 12, not released yet).
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:56:26 PM

No, all your nonsense has been refuted on other threads. If anyone is interested (doubtful, as by now it is painfully obvious what you are doing) they can check my post history.
RajRambo

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:57:56 PM

No, all your nonsense has been refuted on other threads. If anyone is interested (doubtful, as by now it is painfully obvious what you are doing) they can check my post history.

really?

Monero has achieved:

1. storing the blockchain on disk without needing 6GB ram (now in month 12, not released yet).
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: