Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2024, 05:03:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smartest people on this board can you answer a few questions about POS vs POW vs  (Read 299 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:46:00 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 11:56:55 AM by cryptohunter

Let's not turn this into a spam thread where people state their selection without also stating why it is technically superior in terms of security, fairness etc.

Would really like to hear from well known devs, coin destroyers, and any other smart people in the field of crypto. Can you make your answers accessible to the general every day person on this board.

Of the standard alts not including NXT... which has the best POS method.

PPC, DMD, HOBO, NET, Black, Mint, PHS, CGB, PPC  etc

Which of these has the best POS method.

In terms of security, fairness, and any other quantifiable aspect. Please don't just use this thread as an opportunity to shill some coin or other. I want to know the technical reasons why you have elected a certain coin to have the best form of POS.  

Is POW + POS more secure than just POS?

I think rat4 once gave a good detailed reason why POS alone was more secure than POW + POS. Was his reasoning generally accepted to be sound?

Are there other alternatives now to POW than just POS? and are these tried and tested as long as POS has been since PPC was developed.

Sunny King seems a smart dev, if these other new modified versions of POS are an improvement why do you think he has not incorporated them into PPC as yet?

I see a few times Legendary members and even well known famous devs stating POS is not as secure as POW? is this clear cut and although many on the board will never understand the math/logic for this, top level coders clearly see the math dictates that POW is superior?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: