Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:56:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CARBON][SM] Carboncoin | For a Greener Future - Efficient+Secure+Sustainable  (Read 57386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Carboncoin Trust (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 09:24:39 PM

Thanks Charles

The currency is free, open and there are no rules or restrictions in the protocol itself regarding wallet size/coin ownership

Our 2% maximum is therefore not mandatory, but recommended. Our primary mechanism for value appreciation is the network effect and it was felt that 2% was a reasonable cap to give the network effect its best chance. The exception is the environmental wallet (~4% of total circulation), full of coins donated by the early adopters - not through any premine or capital controls

Further, every holder of coins understands that they need to spread them out for them to appreciate in value. They are already very hard to get hold of - less than 1900 new coins issued to the network per day. Meaning that independently of hashrate you would have to mine for over a year to get 1M coins - or 0.02 BTC at the offer price

It's cheaper to buy coins than it is to mine them and it is intended to stay that way. Indeed to justify an energy increase the price would have to increase 5 times. We halve again in some 42 days, at which time the price will need to increase some 10 times to make an energy increase economically viable. (calculated using 0.12p per KWh, network currently running on about 1.5KWh per day)

Also you would not be able to get 2% of coins anywhere currently - to place a market order for *half* a percent of total circulation or 80M coins, would take the price beyond 20 satoshis and cost over ~2.5btc

Got Carboncoin?? GET CARBONCOIN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoiner555

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:46:56 PM

If dev was selling coins, then clearly he had more than 2%.
axismundi

Activity: 407

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 12:39:25 PM

Simply not true when coins are available on exchange, however balances can fluctuate short term (it's an unrestricted protocol)  subject to the principal that no one maintains a long term position of more than 2% of total circulation.

Thanks for your continued interest. You are looking at a great deal of hard work from several good people.

Are you considering joining the network?

altcoiner555

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:22:06 PM

Simply not true when coins are available on exchange, however balances can fluctuate short term (it's an unrestricted protocol)  subject to the principal that no one maintains a long term position of more than 2% of total circulation.

Thanks for your continued interest. You are looking at a great deal of hard work from several good people.

What's not true?
altcoiner555

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:04:52 PM

Are you saying dev wasn't selling coins?
axismundi

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 02:20:42 PM

The original issuer of coins (the person who started the blockchain) remains completely anonymous and unknown to anyone currently working on the project.

There is nothing wrong with anyone selling/exchanging coins on or off the market, as with bitcoin.

altcoiner555

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:25:47 PM

The original issuer of coins (the person who started the blockchain) remains completely anonymous and unknown to anyone currently working on the project.

There is nothing wrong with anyone selling/exchanging coins on or off the market, as with bitcoin.

So you are not the dev?
axismundi

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 02:33:56 PM

Sorry who are you? and define Dev?

We have an original developer who no one knows, which I am sure you are aware affords us the same legal advantages as Bitcoin (cf. Satoshi Nakamoto)

We have had many others work on the project subsequently, and I have been instrumental in providing and finding resources for us to get as far as we have.

Would you care to answer my question about your intentions regarding the network? Many thanks

altcoiner555

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:49:02 PM

Sorry who are you? and define Dev?

We have an original developer who no one knows, which I am sure you are aware affords us the same legal advantages as Bitcoin (cf. Satoshi Nakamoto)

We have had many others work on the project subsequently, and I have been instrumental in providing and finding resources for us to get as far as we have.

Would you care to answer my question about your intentions regarding the network? Many thanks

Can't seem to get a straight answer.
axismundi

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 02:54:46 PM

You have had straight answers to all of your questions and failed to answer any questions asked of you, specifically regarding any intentions you may have. The only conclusion is that your intentions are not constructive and until you can show me otherwise you shall have no more of my attention. Best of luck with your chosen path.

altcoiner555

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:01:38 PM

You have had straight answers to all of your questions and failed to answer any questions asked of you, specifically regarding any intentions you may have. The only conclusion is that your intentions are not constructive and until you can show me otherwise you shall have no more of my attention. Best of luck with your chosen path.

Just doing basic due diligence before investing in a project. This is normal.

axismundi

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 03:16:57 PM

Here is the start of the story https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=465364.0, you should be able to complete most of your due diligence from starting there.

You may also like to check out the carboncointalk forum which is there for when we need it but populated with a great deal of useful information, as well as the twitter and facebook accounts which are easily discoverable from our homepage which you can find linked above or by googling Carboncoin.

logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 04:09:08 PM

Simply not true when coins are available on exchange, however balances can fluctuate short term (it's an unrestricted protocol)  subject to the principal that no one maintains a long term position of more than 2% of total circulation.

They got more than 2 percent. I assure u that they do hold much more of a carbon than sheeple thinks, but as long as the price is low as it is now the size of their holdings has a little to no weight on impartiality and fairness of distribution because everyone can amass as more carbon as they wish though more time may be needed. Note theres no activity in markets which proves the point that money does not change hands meaning everyone is deliberately overlooking this coin. Why? Seek whales among ur supporters and betrayers and ask them.

axismundi

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 04:33:54 PM

They got more than 2 percent. I assure u that they do hold much more of a carbon than sheeple thinks, but as long as the price is low as it is now the size of their holdings has a little to no weight on impartiality and fairness of distribution because everyone can amass as more carbon as they wish though more time may be needed. Note theres no activity in markets which proves the point that money does not change hands meaning everyone is deliberately overlooking this coin. Why? Seek whales among ur supporters and betrayers and ask them.

Each individual is urged not to own more than 2%. I would not stop any member of the team owning the maximum if they wished to pay what it cost to acquire it, moreover for three years of hard work, 2% of a coin valued at $370 000, isn't really all that much - remember these coins are not as a result of any premine and therefore would absolutely have to be acquired fair and square through either mining or trading.

EDIT: If you want to have a look at most of the cryptocurrencies in existence 2% of total circ is extremely low. Have a delve into some of the rich lists of some of the major cryptocurrencies.

Some 70% of the circulation of the coin has been placed into the hands of people new to cryptocurrencies in accordance with this 2% rule. This is a decent explanation for the absence of any sell-side depth on the exchange.

The lack of trading is due in part to the large gap between bid and offer price, and in part due to the fact that our business to business operations haven't even started yet.

The reality as was previously mentioned is that you could not get 2% right now if you wanted to at exchange, they are not available.

I do not know who you are referring to when you mention sheeple, that would imply some sort of mass participation, which I actually feel we have yet to see to any real extent yet. Yet, of course, is the big word there.

CharlesFrankfurt

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:16:54 PM

EDIT: If you want to have a look at most of the cryptocurrencies in existence 2% of total circ is extremely low. Have a delve into some of the rich lists of some of the major cryptocurrencies.

Wow that is really surprising! Many of them have well over 4% of coins in the largest wallet and it's not even for a good cause
Carboncoin Trust (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 08:20:56 PM

We have added the distribution bubble chart to the homepage

www.carboncoin.cc

Carboncoin Trust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 07:59:53 PM

Lots of chat on the wires about Masternodes today. Y'all do realise that Carboncoin is a masternode system when it's fully deployed don't you?

altcoiner555

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:40:55 PM

Lots of chat on the wires about Masternodes today. Y'all do realise that Carboncoin is a masternode system when it's fully deployed don't you?

Nope.
Carboncoin Trust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 08:51:38 PM

Nope.

Probably a good time to make that clear then. It's developed organically thus far, without formal fundraising, but it can upscale as soon as we want/need it to. Our goal is to make it unstoppable.

How's the testing been going?

altcoiner555

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:56:26 PM

Are you saying you will fork to Proof of Stake?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: