Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:12:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CARBON][SM] Carboncoin | For a Greener Future - Efficient+Secure+Sustainable  (Read 57396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
delfo2000

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:00:15 PM

Thank you for your input @delfo2000. We will be outlining the direction of the project here by this time tomorrow. Our ethos is to develop energy efficient blockchain technology and apply it to planting biodiverse forest and other activities that are good for the environment. This will not change.

However, over the coming months we will be undertaking some important changes in our core technology to greatly increase our functionality and effectiveness at achieving our aims.

Please check back tomorrow for some more detail of what can be expected.

Dear,

thx for quick reply. Your green goals, environment,  biodiverse forest, ecc are perfect. I always tell you don't forgot "Economics"

Economics: is "a social science concerned chiefly with description and analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services".

Currency is good when many people want it.

Carboncoin Trust (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 06:04:39 PM

As you are all aware, Carboncoin has been running a version of the bitcoin blockchain since February of 2014. We implemented custom security to enable our network to run at low hashrates while maintaining the functionality of the Bitcoin protocol, effectively dispensing with the problematic energy consumption of the original. Our aim is to create a perpetual source of funding for biodiverse forestry and other environmentally beneficial activities.

Carboncoin has been uniformly distributed to its early adopters since inception and our total circulation of 16 Billion coins is in the hands of a large range of investors subject to an individual limit of 2% of circulation, excepting the charity which can own more.

Recent development and features added to cryptocurrencies by smart contract platforms have led us to the decision that implementation of those features, in the form of a new blockchain, will be beneficial to everyone in the network and greatly improve our effectiveness in achieving our aim.

In order to fund this development, and the purchase of a land holding which will be our model permanent forest, we have decided that we will undertake an Initial Contribution Offering for a proportion of the coins on the new blockchain.

Our new form will utilise all of our knowledge and experience gained in the successful deployment and operation of the Carboncoin Protocol to date, enabling an energy efficient alternative to existing smart contracts platforms.

Our primary function will continue to be as a value storage and transfer provider however with the added advantage of up to date smart contract technology. Our aim remains unchanged.

The existing Carboncoin blockchain will be maintained until a reasonable time after the new blockchain is deployed.  Further information will be released in due course.

Got Carboncoin?? GET CARBONCOIN
oldloco

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:49:24 PM

As you are all aware, Carboncoin has been running a version of the bitcoin blockchain since February of 2014. We implemented custom security to enable our network to run at low hashrates while maintaining the functionality of the Bitcoin protocol, effectively dispensing with the problematic energy consumption of the original. Our aim is to create a perpetual source of funding for biodiverse forestry and other environmentally beneficial activities.

Carboncoin has been uniformly distributed to its early adopters since inception and our total circulation of 16 Billion coins is in the hands of a large range of investors subject to an individual limit of 2% of circulation, excepting the charity which can own more.

Recent development and features added to cryptocurrencies by smart contract platforms have led us to the decision that implementation of those features, in the form of a new blockchain, will be beneficial to everyone in the network and greatly improve our effectiveness in achieving our aim.

In order to fund this development, and the purchase of a land holding which will be our model permanent forest, we have decided that we will undertake an Initial Contribution Offering for a proportion of the coins on the new blockchain.

Our new form will utilise all of our knowledge and experience gained in the successful deployment and operation of the Carboncoin Protocol to date, enabling an energy efficient alternative to existing smart contracts platforms.

Our primary function will continue to be as a value storage and transfer provider however with the added advantage of up to date smart contract technology. Our aim remains unchanged.

The existing Carboncoin blockchain will be maintained until a reasonable time after the new blockchain is deployed.  Further information will be released in due course.

Pls explain it to  me in plain English - current carbon coin will be abandoned and you will make new chain with brand new carbon coins, leaving us with pockets full of OFFICIALLY dead coin? Cheesy If that's the case you can take all new coins to yourself Cheesy None of the respected Exchanges will touch your coin and no traders will take it seriously either. So GG WP you are about to kill this coin for good. GAME OVER!
delfo2000

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:56:15 PM

The existing Carboncoin blockchain will be maintained until a reasonable time after the new blockchain is deployed.  Further information will be released in due course.

Dear,

I don't understand, I'm sorry but this time you are't very clear.

Please, can you explain me more clear.

Carboncoin Trust (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 11:53:26 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 12:28:30 AM by Carboncoin Trust

Pls explain it to  me in plain English - current carbon coin will be abandoned and you will make new chain with brand new carbon coins, leaving us with pockets full of OFFICIALLY dead coin? Cheesy If that's the case you can take all new coins to yourself Cheesy None of the respected Exchanges will touch your coin and no traders will take it seriously either. So GG WP you are about to kill this coin for good. GAME OVER!

I don't really understand your tone here. Carboncoin will never be abandoned. The above says that there will be a new chain allowing for a full feature set to include smart contracts because it will benefit everyone on the network to have these features.

Old coins will be exchanged for new coins.

The value of Carboncoin is in the custom security features and the user base, both of these will be carried forward into the new technology, with the fundraising greatly increasing what we can achieve and the speed with which we can achieve it.

We have been discussing this move at length for some time and these discussions concluded without exception that this is a step in the right direction. Please explain your reasoning behind the above claims.

Carboncoin Trust (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 11:56:32 PM

Dear,

We are adding many features to our service and fundraising to ensure our success. Can you please be more specific about what you don't understand?

delfo2000

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:23:43 AM

Dear,

We are adding many features to our service and fundraising to ensure our success. Can you please be more specific about what you don't understand?

Dear,

thx for clear reply.

Now I understand, you add new and good features and convert old carboncoin with new carboncoin.

Please, can you write "whitepaper" in this way all us can easy understand and explain transition from old coin to new coin.

Regards
oldloco

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:07:31 AM

I don't really understand your tone here. Carboncoin will never be abandoned. The above says that there will be a new chain allowing for a full feature set to include smart contracts because it will benefit everyone on the network to have these features.

The value of Carboncoin is in the custom security features and the user base, both of these will be carried forward into the new technology, with the fundraising greatly increasing what we can achieve and the speed with which we can achieve it.

We have been discussing this move at length for some time and these discussions concluded without exception that this is a step in the right direction. Please explain your reasoning behind the above claims.

Well sorry for not understanding your original message. If you wrote: We will make carbon coin 2.0, old coins will be changed at ratio that is yet to be decided". That would be more helpful, as now you can see that I was not alone that did not understand your original message ... Anyway gj keep it going and my sincere apologies Cheesy 
Carboncoin PR

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:13:51 PM

Well sorry for not understanding your original message. If you wrote: We will make carbon coin 2.0, old coins will be changed at ratio that is yet to be decided". That would be more helpful, as now you can see that I was not alone that did not understand your original message ... Anyway gj keep it going and my sincere apologies Cheesy 

Yes, in very simple terms, there will be Carboncoin 2.0 and you can swap your old coins for new coins. No coins will be lost.

Misunderstandings are common, dont worry, most of us are not native speakers so its not easy to understand everything. Feel free to ask anything here on the forum or direct message us, we'll always get back to you as soon as we can. Just be so kind and not make and negative assumptions if you havent understood our posts Smiley Much appreciated  Grin
Carboncoin PR

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:44:36 PM

Dear,

Dear,

thx for clear reply.

Now I understand, you add new and good features and convert old carboncoin with new carboncoin.

Please, can you write "whitepaper" in this way all us can easy understand and explain transition from old coin to new coin.

Regards

We are working on a whitepaper, a technical one and a non technical one and they will be released soon. Please understand that these papers need time to be written so they are clear and easy to understand for everyone.
delfo2000

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:32:38 PM

We are working on a whitepaper, a technical one and a non technical one and they will be released soon. Please understand that these papers need time to be written so they are clear and easy to understand for everyone.

Dear,

your reply in this forum tell me you are serious team.

Yes, I understand write whitepaper need time. If you can offer timeline (whitepaper, update site, new blockchain, ecc) I think many people will appreciate.

Regards
Carboncoin Trust (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 01:52:06 PM

We are preparing the timeline. We intend to release both whitepapers within 2 weeks so this would be the first item upcoming. The whitepapers will include the delivery method of the ICO token, the exchange rate, and an indication of the timing of the release of the new blockchain after the ICO.

fvalchiria

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:58:13 AM

so what do i do with the carboncoins i have on the wallet on yobit? have i lost them?
oldloco

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:10:22 PM

so what do i do with the carboncoins i have on the wallet on yobit? have i lost them?

Withdraw to your private wallet and wait for ANN when and how to update to Carbon 2.0 . Make sure you withdraw in amounts lesser than 20,000,000.00. O r you will have withdrawal frozen-just like I do now Cheesy
fvalchiria

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:11:44 AM

is the swap happening automatically from the wallet? or how does the exchange from the old coin to the new coin happens?
thank you.
Wise84

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 11:11:14 AM

is the swap happening automatically from the wallet? or how does the exchange from the old coin to the new coin happens?
thank you.

My guess is that you have to send your coins to an address that you get from the dev team and probably send an e-mail to them aswell with transaction id and what address you want the new coins returned to. That was the procedure when I did this with another coin a few years ago.

50$ free bonus: https://platinum.crypto.com/r/4qrazgcqnb || Code:4qrazgcqnb   ||  Get 15 EUR free here, no deposit required!: https://app.bitwala.com/r/jbRi5W2jt
Earn 20$ in BTC with your first deposit of $200 or more here: https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/Frodef412   ||   Earn 10$ in BTC if you deposit 200$ or more here: https://blockfi.com/?ref=a6870e51
Earn free BTC here by answering surveys: https://btcsurveys.com/ref/Edorf/
Carboncoin Trust (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 11:19:48 AM

thank you.

+1 @Wise84

The exchange will happen outside of the current wallet clients.

We are considering two ways to do it -

1) dealing with everyone individually (not impossible - there are ~1000 holders with 500k coins+) or
2) through an exchange partner

Either way coins will need to be sent from an old client in order to receive coins into a new client.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both methods - we see the opportunity to engage with all holders directly as an advantage.

The switch will not be done until after the ICO is completed and the new blockchain is deployed, so the existing CARBON network will be in operation for some time to come.

Wise84

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 08:06:34 PM

May I ask why Axismundi haven't been here for a while? Something I have missed? Just curious  Smiley

50$ free bonus: https://platinum.crypto.com/r/4qrazgcqnb || Code:4qrazgcqnb   ||  Get 15 EUR free here, no deposit required!: https://app.bitwala.com/r/jbRi5W2jt
Earn 20$ in BTC with your first deposit of $200 or more here: https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/Frodef412   ||   Earn 10$ in BTC if you deposit 200$ or more here: https://blockfi.com/?ref=a6870e51
Earn free BTC here by answering surveys: https://btcsurveys.com/ref/Edorf/
axismundi

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 01:45:55 PM

May I ask why Axismundi haven't been here for a while? Something I have missed? Just curious  Smiley

I'm here, just working hard. There's good stuff coming

fvalchiria

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:08:28 PM

when is the switch happening?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: