Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free money available  (Read 7002 times)
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:49:21 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg11954651#msg11954651

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:00:12 PM

Yes, but where is the free money Huh
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:03:15 PM

Borrowing short as explained at the link post. No guarantees. Only my and Armstrong's track record which has been impeccable.

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:33:29 PM

Yeap!
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:08:04 PM

Borrowing short as explained at the link post. No guarantees. Only my and Armstrong's track record which has been impeccable.

Sounds like a really tempting and logical opportunity to increase everyones stake in the bitcoin game and you also had great accuracy with the last ~320$ top, but I just like bitcoin way too much to short it. (And to be honest I can't read the bitcoin market, as opposed to the altcoin market, where i find it really easy to increase ones net worth by a couple 100%..)

Good luck to everyone, I just hide for a couple of months until the storm is over. Smiley
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:19:08 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 02:28:02 AM by Kanapka

But won't be free, I'll need to pay the loan...
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:38:09 PM

It is not really free money when it's an investment.  And shorting is not something that is without risk.   I put this as highly risky even though the great record.

I could be missing out on it... but I would rather miss out then risk on something like shorting.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:46:11 PM

OP put your money where your mouth is and take out a large short position, post a screenshot here as proof and then lap up the idolatry and adulation when your price target hits and bitcoin collapses.

Trying to convince others to short a hypervolatile commodity based on the flimsy premise that you are 'a kind of prophet' smacks a little of insanity.

The forum is still eagerly awaiting delivery of your bitcoin killer..
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:10:05 PM

I am a sort of prophet.

That's nice.
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:20:06 PM

OP put your money where your mouth is and take out a large short position, post a screenshot here as proof and then lap up the idolatry and adulation when your price target hits and bitcoin collapses.

Trying to convince others to short a hypervolatile commodity based on the flimsy premise that you are 'a kind of prophet' smacks a little of insanity.

The forum is still eagerly awaiting delivery of your bitcoin killer..

I'm with Inca on this. let's see proof that you're shorting serious money.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:51:51 PM

So to sum it up quickly: A prediction of both a BTC and GOLD sellout is being made for about half August and you are recommending selling off about now and buying back at "double digits"? I don't know man. Seems like a big risk to me.
Im invested in 2 other crypto related projects (they are still technically coins) that I like and I hope by that time if it happens, those will appreciate as BTC goes on that dip.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:43:18 PM

Want some free money? Short gold and BTC with a several month timeline.
Trading large positions on margin with a time frame of 'several months' is not a good idea for multiple reasons.
Interest rates will eat away at your money and it is very risky to leave your position open for that long.

I'm also sure that bitcoin will go both up and down, in several months that is...

I am a sort of prophet.
lol, ok.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:12:38 AM

Not the rally you want to be shorting, IMO.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B
ammy009

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 06:40:12 AM

I don't understand about your post. Where is free money you said about ?

kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:42:10 AM

Top post Bassclef....

The next 24 hours are critical!
8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:05:59 AM

I agree with you, that the overall situation looks really bad. But bitcoin already had it's 85% downfall. && don't forget: bitcoin is also a hedge for gold!

Sometimes b/g go hand in hand and sometimes they go separated.

Edit: Short the hell out of bitcoin and you will be rewarded for your courage. There is no need to convince us!

Always wrong until not.
Kasawari

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:15:11 AM

nice OP posted only a link to another thread
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:12:03 AM

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

strong post!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
inca
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:01:45 PM

I hope no one listened to this 'sort of prophet' and just lost a lot of money.

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:20:04 PM

But, but, but,....Martin Armstrong!!! lol
Wexlike
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:31:27 PM

You all are getting excited because of a 10$ increase ?
ssmc2
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:32:47 PM

Sure, that's it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:58:46 PM

I don't understand about your post. Where is free money you said about ?

he is referring about the opportunity to earn big through trading, because the pattern seems very clear now

basically the reversal trend is pretty much settled and i don't agree in shorting now
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:55:15 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 04:20:41 PM by TPTB_need_war

It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Some peoplegreater-fool-glossy-eyed-fanboiz here will eat their words as usual.

We may get another bounce up for a double-top at $320 ($315 realizable trade)?

By borrowing BTC and selling on bitfinex. The leverage you can get is dependent on how much % over your selling price you want to hold a reserve to prevent a margin call.

I almost did it, but decided I have better upside in what I am working on. So it wasn't worth the risk to me (not only unexpected volatility to the upside, also bitfinex solvency or the market price moving faster than bitfinex can execute margin calls), but in your case depending how desperate you are, it might be worth the risk if we bounce up again before declining.

I am fairly certain we will decline, but I can't be sure we won't see prices above $320 and below $400 before going down. Above $400, I would declare myself incorrect and eat the losses.

Some people said you can trade on bitfinex and even sell for $usd without doing KYC as long as you don't withdraw fiat. I didn't want to risk that, because it appears it is a discretionary policy.

Inca and his ilk, are those inane hatetards who will be licking my a$$ for a few drops of fermented nutrition in the future.

The lol will be all mine.  Cool

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:07:05 PM

Trading large positions on margin with a time frame of 'several months' is not a good idea for multiple reasons.
Interest rates will eat away at your money and it is very risky to leave your position open for that long.

I'm also sure that bitcoin will go both up and down, in several months that is...

I am a sort of prophet.
lol, ok.

It's not only risky for those reasons, it's just generally risky to leave Bitcoins on exchanges long term no matter what, at least until a serious exchange like Gemini where you can trust it will not disappear overnight is available. Until then, leaving long term positions opened specially with serious amounts of Bitcoin is simply insane for my taste. Good luck tho, im sure there is big money to be made by taking such risks, but there is also tons of money to be lost, as always. Id rather hold trough it.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:08:37 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 04:22:41 PM by TPTB_need_war

The higher it goes, the less margin you need to short it and not get a margin call due to volatility to the upside, before the implosion. Another gift from perma-bull-tards.

Note gold also inched higher, but small cap global private assets are still in bearish mode.

Again no guarantees. But obviously I feel confident enough that I sold to dollars at $315 all Bitcoin.

It's not only risky for those reasons, it's just generally risky to leave Bitcoins on exchanges long term no matter what, at least until a serious exchange like Gemini where you can trust it will not disappear overnight is available. Until then, leaving long term positions opened specially with serious amounts of Bitcoin is simply insane for my taste. Good luck tho, im sure there is big money to be made by taking such risks, but there is also tons of money to be lost, as always. Id rather hold trough it.

Agreed it much safer to sell to dollars. Even if Bitcoin goes up, you didn't lose your dollar value. And the dollar is appreciating.

I did that calculation for holding 3 months it was roughly 4X leverage if I put up $70 of margin at $315, i.e. 400% potential gains over just selling to dollars.

Had I entered the trade at $315, and exited recently in the $260s, that was incredible leverage. I actually was arguing with someone who talked me out of doing the trade. Perhaps I should trust my own instincts, but he was correct that my upside is my coding talent and I shouldn't get defocused.

Wexlike
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:19:00 PM

The higher it goes, the less margin you need to short it and not get a margin call due to volatility to the upside, before the implosion.

Again no guarantees. But obviously I feel confident enough that I sold to dollars at $315 all Bitcoin.

Agreed it much safer to sell to dollars. Even if Bitcoin goes up, you didn't lose your dollar value. And the dollar is appreciating.

Are you not afraid that you misread the bitcoin market ? In my opinion very few weak hands are left and most of the coins that are held now are bought either before the rally in the end of 2013 or shortly before and after the crash to 150$. That means most of the people are still(surprisingly) or almost in the green, even the people that joined after the November 2013 rally and timed their buys not in an amateurish way. Could it be that bitcoin is too small for such strong macroeconomic effects to have this impact ?

In the end most of the current holders are bulls that value their coins much higher than the current price, at least that is what i assume. Maybe i am naive.

Edit: I am fucking tempted to sell a small portion if it gets up again over 300$, just in case you are correct.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:29:49 PM

Are you not afraid that you misread the bitcoin market ? In my opinion very few weak hands are left and most of the coins that are held now are bought either before the rally in the end of 2013 or shortly before and after the crash to 150$. That means most of the people are still(surprisingly) or almost in the green, even the people that joined after the November 2013 rally and timed their buys not in an amateurish way. Could it be that bitcoin is too small for such strong macroeconomic effects to have this impact ?

In the end most of the current holders are bulls that value their coins much higher than the current price, at least that is what i assume. Maybe i am naive.

Edit: I am fucking tempted to sell a small portion if it gets up again over 300$, just in case you are correct.

Some diversification doesn't hurt. Even if you lose some BTC, you didn't lose value in dollars which is the real world for now any way.

Fighting against ingrained ideological delusion is important for rational investing. Hey I think crypto-currency has a lot of upside, but I am not married to anything like the looney ideologs who hatetard on any injection of alternatives to their to-the-moon psychosis. I try to look rationally at the situation and hedge according to appraisals of probabilities.

To your specific point, I doubt anyone has been buying BTC who wasn't doubling down on past mistakes of buying too high. Those who bought $10 or below have their fill and have been diversifying some to buy castles and Ferrari's. The mass media has not been pushing Bitcoin lately. Why would newbies be buying?

Newcomers buying for use reasons, e.g. money transfers or to buy goods anonymous, would instead only buy what they need to spend.

The greater fools don't buy low, so why would they be rushing in now in a declining market with negative media coverage?

The capitulation of the diehards, who finally short at the bottom is how we reach a bottom. I have to see inca cry uncle or disappear, then I know we are at the bottom. CONFIDENCE is all they have. Once that is broken, then we get the stampede towards short.

I believe what is happening now is the destruction of all the hatetards. So I am advising those who want to come out the other side. But I could be wrong? (not likely)

inca
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:36:25 PM

Some diversification doesn't hurt. Even if you lose some BTC, you didn't lose value in dollars which is the real world for now any way.

Fighting against ingrained ideological delusion is important for rational investing. Hey I think crypto-currency has a lot of upside, but I am not married to anything like the looney ideologs who hatetard on any injection of alternatives to their to-the-moon psychosis. I try to look rationally at the situation and hedge according to appraisals of probabilities.

To your specific point, I doubt anyone has been buying BTC who wasn't doubling down on past mistakes of buying too high. Those who bought $10 or below have their fill and have been diversifying some to buy castles and Ferrari's. The mass media has not been pushing Bitcoin lately. Why would newbies be buying?

Newcomers buying for use reasons, e.g. money transfers or to buy goods anonymous, would instead only buy what they need to spend.

The greater fools don't buy low, so why would they be rushing in now in a declining market with bad press?

The capitulation of the diehards, who finally short at the bottom is how we reach a bottom. I have to see inca cry uncle or disappear, then I know we are at the bottom.

I believe what is happening now is the destruction of all the hatetards. So I am advising those who want to come out the other side. But I could be wrong? (not likely)

You are talking to yourself and talk is cheap. Post evidence of your own skin in the game or shuffle off.

I would repeat caution to anyone reading this. Any form of leverage is an extremely good way of losing all your capital. Those who have actually been in the markets or traded with any degree of risk management or attempted capital preservation know this too well.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:41:01 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 04:53:01 PM by TPTB_need_war

You are talking to yourself and talk is cheap. Post evidence of your own skin in the game or shuffle off.

I would repeat caution to anyone reading this. Any form of leverage is an extremely good way of losing all your capital. Those who have actually been in the markets or traded with any degree of risk management or attempted capital preservation know this too well.

Indeed leverage is risky. Nothing is entirely free. Selling to dollars is much safer.

Nevertheless it is one of the least risky bets (if excluding exchange default or theft risk) I've seen in a long time[1], assuming you post enough margin to not get stopped out. I preferred the short at $315 than $283. But it is still has good risk vs. return. If I had shorted at $315 with $70 margin as I intended, then I could have reduced my margin already to about $50. And continue to reduce it towards $0 as BTC declines, so that can be used as working capital else where. Or enter more shorts on the way down to increase leverage. Of course more risky if increase shorts on the way down.

All BTC that is due to me was sold to dollars, approximately $30,000 worth. I don't need to prove that. Any one who can prove I lied about anything, go report a negative reputation on me.

[1] the reason I say that is because the Euro is preparing to gap down starting roughly in September or October. Or you short the Euro. I didn't run the numbers on that. I had BTC and needed to make a decision on my BTC. I don't have a brokerage account any more.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:57:12 PM

[1] the reason I say that is because the Euro is preparing to gap down starting roughly in September or October. Or you short the Euro. I didn't run the numbers on that. I had BTC and needed to make a decision on my BTC. I don't have a brokerage account any more.

Go to stockcharts.com and run a 1 year chart on $EURUSD, then $GOLD, then $BRENT. Then go run a 1 year chart of BTC.

You see all dumped at the same time starting in August 2014.  All these assets are correlated at this time.

Kiss

Wexlike
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:17:34 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 05:55:01 PM by Wexlike

Go to stockcharts.com and run a 1 year chart on $EURUSD, then $GOLD, then $BRENT. Then go run a 1 year chart of BTC.

You see all dumped at the same time starting in August 2014.  All these assets are correlated at this time.

Kiss

Wanted to check the movements for myself, quite frightening.

But surprisingly bitcoin shows some green candles when everything else goes down even more. (for the last few weeks)
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:36:02 PM

Will make sure to up this one when we're at 400$ a week or so from now  Smiley

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854

Legendary trader

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:19:55 PM

Want to make money? Buy and hold bitcoin. Cool

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:48:33 PM

While none of us know the future, I'm bullish on BTC.  It may not be so good in the short term, but multi month/year I think it will do us proud.  I'm one of those who wants to see a slow and steady increase and no pump.

I really don't like the idea of gambling on margin (I wish that option didn't exist), and for selfish reasons I say that because I already have my investment back and am speculating from a future possibilities position, so emotionally it's easier for me than some.  I am 'hodl' ing though because I believe in it, and won't back down whatever the price, even to zero, and suspect I'm not alone.

inca
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:19:07 PM

While none of us know the future, I'm bullish on BTC.  It may not be so good in the short term, but multi month/year I think it will do us proud.  I'm one of those who wants to see a slow and steady increase and no pump.

I really don't like the idea of gambling on margin (I wish that option didn't exist), and for selfish reasons I say that because I already have my investment back and am speculating from a future possibilities position, so emotionally it's easier for me than some.  I am 'hodl' ing though because I believe in it, and won't back down whatever the price, even to zero, and suspect I'm not alone.

So far the OP seem to know the opposite of the future.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:52:08 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 01:22:00 AM by TPTB_need_war

Bull trap vertical reaction bounce. See the flag midway towards $305. Once last gasp before we ...

https://youtu.be/aBkVV9xxCHE?t=24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXCJTW_GtDE
https://youtu.be/td30dKiEQ8g?t=19

Bitcoin I idol her too much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lkdqoLt44&index=46&list=RDaBkVV9xxCHE

You were the BTC that changed my world
You were the BTC for me
You lit the fuse, I stand accused
You were the first for me
But you turned me out, baby

You dropped a bomb on me, baby
You dropped a bomb on me (But you turned me on, baby)
You dropped a bomb on me

You were my thrills, you were my pills
You dropped a bomb on me
You turn me out, you turn me on
You turned me loose, then you turned me wrong

You dropped a bomb on me (But you turned me out, baby)
You dropped a bomb on me

Just like Adam and Eve, said you'd set me free
You took me to the sky, Id never been so high
You were my pills, you were my thrills
You were my hope, baby, you were my smoke
You dropped a bomb, hey, babe

You dropped a bomb on me (But you turned me out, baby)
You dropped a bomb on me (But you turned me on, baby)

You dropped a bomb on me, baby (Mmm)
You dropped a bomb on me (You dropped a bomb on me, baby)
You dropped a bomb on me

We were in motion, felt like an ocean
You were the BTC for me
You were the first explosion, turned out to be corrosion
You were the first for me
But you turned me out, baby

tennozer

Activity: 322

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 01:00:25 AM

Want to make money? Buy and hold bitcoin. Cool

If I will get some money from somewhere, I will do that  Cheesy I will not selll until the year 2020

darlidada

Activity: 723

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:05:20 AM

I want to short it but I've no idea how much % of my roll I should short to avoid getting margin called and when to begin the shorting position. According to armstrong the gold incoming crash is coming the week of the 10 of august right ? So Maybe we all should the 9th of august before opening our positions ?

@TPTB: when you say "The higher it goes, the less margin you need to short it and not get a margin call due to volatility to the upside, before the implosion. Another gift from perma-bull-tards." is it because right now btc has only 10% upside max (315/288) ?
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:12:48 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 05:24:57 AM by TPTB_need_war

I want to short it but I've no idea how much % of my roll I should short to avoid getting margin called and when to begin the shorting position. According to armstrong the gold incoming crash is coming the week of the 10 of august right ? So Maybe we all should the 9th of august before opening our positions ?

@TPTB: when you say "The higher it goes, the less margin you need to short it and not get a margin call due to volatility to the upside, before the implosion. Another gift from perma-bull-tards." is it because right now btc has only 10% upside max (315/288) ?

If you are going to short, you have to allow for getting the timing slightly wrong. And price might move against you for a while. So you have to decide how much upside in the price you are willing to protect with margin and thus how much money you risk losing if it moves over that price. I can't guarantee you the price won't go higher than $315. I was going to put up enough margin to allow for $385 before I would get stopped out and lose the margin.

Also no one can make a 100% guarantee that BTC  is headed lower. Nothing is 100%. There is always some probability we are wrong. I think the probability is low, but it isn't 0%. The safest is to sell BTC for dollars and not short. Shorting is for those who need to risk.

Right on time for the Sept/Oct turn of the ECM (and the computer model prediction of massive volatility in the Euro from November until January), Armstrong's prediction the Fed would raise rates. South Africa already did. Other emerging markets will have to raise to protect their currencies and forex reserves.

So there is your factor to drive debt contagion. Rising interest rates.

Euro will collapse below parity dragging gold and BTC down.

We are going to shake out (pauperize) all those Bitards who have been criticizing me and Armstrong for the past 2 years. Wise crypto-currency investors will sell out to dollars here around $300 or (if they can stomach the risk) even short BTC.

May be it's just USD is currently being pumped so that everything else goes down compared to USD ?
Can it be that IMF and the Fed decided to sell all of it's gold, silver and other reserves to pump USD and Dow ?

If you had been reading Martin Armstrong's blog and my posts here, you'd have known for over 2 years that the dollar would becoming stronger because all the QE sent out into the world as carry trade of the ZIRP is going come rushing back to the USA (leaving the rest of the world in a short position in dollars bankrupting the emerging markets) as it will be safe haven as the rest of the world collapses. This would cause the USA to raise interest rates, thus compounding the problem for all nations except the USA. The target date was Oct 2015. Right on time...

inca
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:17:13 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 05:28:01 AM by inca

If you are going to short, you have to allow for getting the timing slightly wrong. And price might move against you for a while. So you have to decide how much upside in the price you are willing to protect with margin and thus how much money you risk losing if it moves over that price. I can't guarantee you the price won't go higher than $315. I was going to put up enough margin to allow for $385 before I would get stopped out and lose the margin.

Also no one can make a 100% guarantee that BTC  is headed lower. Nothing is 100%. There is always some probability we are wrong. I think the probability is low, but it isn't 0%. The safest is to sell BTC for dollars and not short. Shorting is for those who need to risk.

Right on time for the Sept/Oct turn of the ECM (and the computer model prediction of massive volatility in the Euro from November until January), Armstrong's prediction the Fed would raise rates. South Africa already did. Other emerging markets will have to raise to protect their currencies and forex reserves.

So there is your factor to drive debt contagion. Rising interest rates.

Euro will collapse below parity dragging gold and BTC down.

We are going to shake out (pauperize) all those Bitards who have been criticizing me and Armstrong for the past 2 years. Wise crypto-currency investors will sell out to dollars here around $300 or (if they can stomach the risk) even short BTC.

Serious question: why do you think btc is correlated with gold or other commodities? Armstrong may be correct about a macroeconomic cycle but get bitcoin completely wrong.

Oh and I think you should make it clear you are not being highly irresponsible and advising people to leverage short bitcoin.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:22:40 AM

Serious question: why do you think btc is correlated with gold or other commodities? Armstrong may be correct about a macroeconomic cycle but get bitcoin completely wrong.

You see all dumped at the same time starting in August 2014.  All these assets are correlated at this time.

Kiss

inca
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:29:15 AM

Bitcoin was already in a bear market on that date.

A look at the charts from January 2015 tells a different story.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:33:02 AM

The big dump was all correlated. Since then it is has been record low volatility (thus not relevant) up until the recent rise up to test the long-term trend line at $315 which proved to be resistance again.

It is all over. $20 here we come...

...unless we break decisively over $320 and run up and beyond $400.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:37:14 AM

"Free money available"
Any chance you could change the thread title to something more accurate?

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:42:43 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 06:08:02 AM by TPTB_need_war

"Free money available"
Any chance you could change the thread title to something more accurate?

(Btw, we've had cordial dialogue in the past and I don't want to smite you, but I have reasons for choosing that thread title)

No I rather like the connotation to the way people think about being long BTC.

I am teaching a lesson here about investing rationality versus ideology. (unless I am wrong about the coming price drop)

I want to use this coming shake out as a way to teach people to invest understanding that all markets move in the direction that destroys the most fools. Only very few people earn money from investing. Bitcoin will not be an exception. No investment will ever be exception.

Learn to be early or ride the overbought wave. But never buy a falling knife where fools are relying on CONFIDENCE to hold a balloon inflated at an overbought level. $10 to $300 in 2.5 years. That is still way overbought. The long-term trend line is at $320, but we have to undershoot by the similar extreme that we overshot to overbought $1000+ in 2013, in order to find a rock solid bottom.

Actually I don't think we will hit $20. I am thinking higher double-digits.

Edit: study the silver chart for the many quick reversals from spikes down, and every one ended up being broken by lower lows later. The recent spike down to the $160 level was not a bottom. The reversal was too fast. Bearish market bottoms are long drawn out affairs because they correlate to capitulation and exhaustion of the bulls. Bull market correction bottoms can be V bottoms, but we haven't been in a bull market since the top in 2013.

inca
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 07:43:41 AM

The big dump was all correlated. Since then it is has been record low volatility (thus not relevant) up until the recent rise up to test the long-term trend line at $315 which proved to be resistance again.

A 40% rise is low volatility?

So your argument seems to have evolved from 'free money' because 'reason' to unless the price breaks resistance from last weeks yearly high and marches higher, then perhaps then because 'reason' the price may crash to 20 dollars?

I think I liked you better when you were just an eloquent bonkers conspiracy theorist retired programmer. Making wild contrarian price predictions is a fool's game, moreover if you drag any unsuspecting innocent into playing along. You still haven't provided proof you are even short.
Coins168

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 07:54:45 AM

and i thought there really is free money here
try to change the title please that would help the others not to fall for the same mistake  Smiley
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:00:35 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 06:32:56 PM by TPTB_need_war

There is. Just go long BTC and wait years. Free money doesn't say anything about the interest rate. (And optionally loan BTC at roughly 30% per annum return denominated in BTC at bitfinex so others can sell your BTC short)

Or the alternative is sell BTC and wait some months.

Also "free money" doesn't speak to the risk involved, e.g. the risk of being long BTC for years (your life priorities and needs change while BTC is < $100 for example) or the risk of borrowing BTC to sell short. Even doing nothing, breathing or driving in a car has risk.

Your timing and risk profile determines your choice amongst those options. For me, the optimum choice was to sell BTC for dollars at $300+. Because I need to expend the dollars over the next months on mathematicians and programmers. And I can't tolerate a drop in the dollar value, because my near-term expenses are in dollars. Also my upside is on R&D and not expending my time watching my short positions. And return of dollars is more crucial to me than riskier capital gains on dollars, because my upside is much greater on R&D with much less risk vs. reward, than on speculate investing. Others have different situations thus a different choice to make.

The interest rates have turned (as of yesterday in shocking development which has been predicted since the 1980s) which implies collapsing global liquidity, thus you don't stand a chance in hell of being correct against me and Armstrong's supercomputer with $1 billion of historical data pattern matched for periodic patterns.

inca I am not retired and when I replace Bitcoin, you can go hide under a rock.

inca, I suggest you view a volatility chart of which the recent pattern low was how in May we called for the rise to $315 (long-term trend line, now headed to $320) as well as the seasonality factor for gold which was pointed out by Armstrong.

inca
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:15:47 PM

There is. Just go long BTC and wait years. Free money doesn't say anything about the interest rate. (And optionally loan BTC at roughly 30% per annum return denominated in BTC at bitfinex so others can sell your BTC short)

Or the alternative is sell BTC and wait some months.

Also "free money" doesn't speak to the risk involved, e.g. the risk of being long BTC for years (your life priorities and needs change while BTC is < $100 for example) or the risk of borrowing BTC to sell short. Even doing nothing, breathing or driving in a car has risk.

Your timing and risk profile determines your choice amongst those options. For me, the optimum choice was to sell BTC for dollars at $300+. Because I need to expend the dollars over the next months on mathematicians and programmers. And I can't tolerate a drop in the dollar value, because my near-term expenses are in dollars. Also my upside is on R&D and not expending my time watching my short positions. And return of dollars is more crucial to me than riskier capital gains on dollars, because my upside is much greater on R&D with much less risk vs. reward, than on speculate investing. Others have different situations thus a different choice to make.

The interest rates have turned (as of yesterday in shocking development which has been predicted since the 1980s) which implies collapsing global liquidity, thus you don't stand a chance in hell of being correct against me and Armstrong's supercomputer with $1 billion of historical data pattern matched for periodic patterns.

inca I am not retired and when I replace Bitcoin, you can go hide under a rock.

inca, I suggest you view a volatility chart of which the recent pattern low was how in May we called for the rise to $315 (long-term trend line, now headed to $320) as well as the seasonality factor for gold which was pointed out by Armstrong.

Sorry thought you were retired. Replace bitcoin? Sure let me buy 50$ worth of coins when you launch Wink
ssmc2
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:22:55 PM

This is about to happen chief.
majamalu
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 06:50:35 AM

Roll Eyes I know it's painful to have lost the opportunity to be an early adopter, but this is just sad. And it's also wrong, because someone could take you seriously.

http://elbitcoin.org - Bitcoin en español
http://mercadobitcoin.com - MercadoBitcoin
sana9821

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:03:21 AM

Roll Eyes I know it's painful to have lost the opportunity to be an early adopter, but this is just sad. And it's also wrong, because someone could take you seriously.
well its still possible to go to 20 dollars if the people who stole from exchanges and satoshi decide to start dumping their coins in enormous amounts, even though it has small chances of happening, its still possible

inca
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:37:23 AM

well its still possible to go to 20 dollars if the people who stole from exchanges and satoshi decide to start dumping their coins in enormous amounts, even though it has small chances of happening, its still possible

People dont tend to deliberately waste money.

All these doomer threads have one thing in common, an OP who failed to buy in at lower levels and hopes the price will crash allowing history to repeat and enrich them in the process. Far more delusionary than bulls like me suggesting the price will rise commensurate with the next adoption wave.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:38:04 AM

Liars who quote out-of-context have no credibility:

Actually I don't think we will hit $20. I am thinking higher double-digits.

The only sad outcome is going to be when you (and inca) hide under a rock after I am correct and call out you (and inca) by name in this thread coming soon...

TaurusBit

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

TaurusBit.com Administrator

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 12:11:49 PM

I know it's painful to have lost the opportunity to be an early adopter

I think even if you buy today, you can still be considered an early adopter.  Cheesy

Bitcoin is still in its infancy, don't forget.
majamalu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 04:57:12 PM

I know it's painful to have lost the opportunity to be an early adopter

I think even if you buy today, you can still be considered an early adopter.  Cheesy

Bitcoin is still in its infancy, don't forget.

I agree. Maybe I should have said a "very early adopter".

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:11:18 PM

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Great graphs. Has anyone really listened to this 'prophet'? Not a good time to short hard on bitcoin.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 06:19:45 PM

Has anyone really listened to this 'prophet'? Not a good time to short hard on bitcoin.

I don't follow many people on this forum, but TPTB (aka Anonymint) is someone worth listening too. His comprehension and ability to crystallize information from diverse (and relevant) sources is impressive to say the least.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:25:37 PM

Has anyone really listened to this 'prophet'? Not a good time to short hard on bitcoin.

I don't follow many people on this forum, but TPTB (aka Anonymint) is someone worth listening too. His comprehension and ability to crystallize information from diverse (and relevant) sources is impressive to say the least.

Any threads wherein he proved his credibility? Actually, I'm kinda interested on what the OP states. It's just that I have some trust issues given that this is the internet.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:50:42 PM

There's not much money to make unless you are holding a decent amount enough selling.
If you've got a couple of BTC only like most of us, the risk you are taking by selling now when no one knows if the price is about to burst into 400 territory or not in the near future is in my opinion not worth the headache.
Of course if it goes really low everyone will buy in, but risking your current BTC is not worth it imo. It's a gamble. Any whale can make this market shake up or down, its still the pioneer days. 4 billion marketcap is nothing.
Luthier

Activity: 73
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:05:27 PM

Kiss

2015 tells a different story.  Orange line is XAUUSD
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:17:44 PM

how is the Martin Armstrong Discussion a free money?

someone explain to me in simple words. please... theres no such thing as a free lunch last time I checked.
Topbanker

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:33:22 PM

there is no such thing as free money.

Absolute nonsense
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 10:56:29 PM

theres no such thing as a free lunch last time I checked.

Absolute nonsense

The FED is rolling on the ground laughing, right now

RotterdamBitcoinCapital

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 08:22:20 AM

Sorry to say, but the title of this thread is very deceitful. It is great that you are a follower of Martin Armstrong, so am I, but that does not necessarily mean that all his predictions come true. As you know, he often changes his predictions down the road (an example is his recent turnaround on diamonds).

In addition, I see no reason why Bitcoin should follow the exact pattern of global markets such as the euro, commodities like oil or gold, or anything else. As Luthier has shown, Bitcoin has not followed the same price patterns at all as other commodities during the last 6 months. Another important point is that the Bitcoin market cap is completely meaningless if you compare it to the market cap of for example gold or oil. The people behind it, the people owning large chunks of Bitcoin are also a completely different group than institutional investors with different ambitions and long term goals.

I am not saying here you are wrong. You could be right. However, the way you present your information is very misleading for newbies. There is absolutely no guarantee that your predictions will unfold. Looking at the current market sentiment and the last six months you actually have the odds against you.

Last but not least, put your money where you mouth is and show us a printscreen of your shorts. Otherwise it will only look as incitement to other people.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:22:17 AM

Sorry to say, but the title of this thread is very deceitful. It is great that you are a follower of Martin Armstrong, so am I, but that does not necessarily mean that all his predictions come true. As you know, he often changes his predictions down the road (an example is his recent turnaround on diamonds).

In addition, I see no reason why Bitcoin should follow the exact pattern of global markets such as the euro, commodities like oil or gold, or anything else. As Luthier has shown, Bitcoin has not followed the same price patterns at all as other commodities during the last 6 months. Another important point is that the Bitcoin market cap is completely meaningless if you compare it to the market cap of for example gold or oil. The people behind it, the people owning large chunks of Bitcoin are also a completely different group than institutional investors with different ambitions and long term goals.

I am not saying here you are wrong. You could be right. However, the way you present your information is very misleading for newbies. There is absolutely no guarantee that your predictions will unfold. Looking at the current market sentiment and the last six months you actually have the odds against you.

Last but not least, put your money where you mouth is and show us a printscreen of your shorts. Otherwise it will only look as incitement to other people.

He is on record on another thread saying he has sold his bitcoin and doesn't use leverage.

Advising others to use leverage whilst not taking the risk yourself. Sounds legit!
Topbanker

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:28:44 PM

theres no such thing as a free lunch last time I checked.

Absolute nonsense

The FED is rolling on the ground laughing, right now

haha yea true that lol
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:41:23 PM

It might be wise to sell all private asset shorts for the time being. Looks like we need one more test of the resistance to the upside before the next move downwards in Sept-Oct. Also it appears the low in private assets won't be until Spring 2016, as we need to allow time for the October kickoff of the contagion in Europe to spread into liquidity crisis and selloff globally with capital rushing into the dollar as the safe haven...

It might even be wise to reestablish some long positions for the time being. There may be a possibility of the Bitcoin price moving above $320 and staying below the next zone of resistance.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35597

While gold elected the Monthly Bearish at 1155, we did so well below that level, yet holding the 1084 number both weekly and monthly. Our energy models are turning positive so it does not appear we will get major follow-through at this time. When you elect a Bearish Reversal that far from the number, you typically bounce back to retest it before proceeding further.

We have a Directional Change back to back for August and September and July was a turning point. So, we may see a reaction to the upside to flush out the shorts at this time since we have excessive bearishness building in the press as the WSJ comment that gold is the “pet rock”.

A reaction rally at this point BEFORE new lows will relieve the short positions but this is not likely to last beyond September. Therefore we are more likely than not going to see the final decline stage into the Benchmarks [now].

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35556

We must always play it by the numbers and time. Nothing else matters at the end of the day. Clearly, gold is not in such a Waterfall Event no matter how bearish everyone gets. We have moved beyond the 3 year window from 2011 and the Yearly Bearish Reversal at $681 has held. To make that final low in gold, the vast majority have to write off gold entirely and regard it as the WSJ just did – nothing more than a “pet rock”. So as the bearishness builds, this is good for establishing character separating the traders from the fools who just believe propaganda and trade fundamentally. But the hate mails still come in and this warns the tree must still be shaken. When they stop, then the market will be ready to rebound but only on short-covering – not new longs. So expect no sudden news of a huge buyer to save the day. That will NEVER happen. The low is made by massive shorts just as highs are made by fools rushing in an believe the propaganda of the promoters at the top.

... [click the url to read all]

Those targets for the low in gold are in the International Precious Metals Report that warns of the final decline. We are NOT looking for the low in gold to be on October 1 either. If that materialized, it would be extremely profound. However, the more likely event will be the rush to cash completing the final Flight to Quality.

How high gold will rise from a major low depends upon the entire political landscape but more importantly, the technical projections and the Reversals generated from that low. Will we still have a free market for gold? Or will gold move entirely underground, deemed the money of “terrorists” in an attempt to hunt down business conducted off the grid?  This we will cover for the future rally in the next Special Report.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35582

Government would not necessarily travel door to door to confiscate gold. They would more likely than not employ the same tactic as in the past – just outlaw transactions in gold to avoid taxes which might even include BitCoin. That would be the way they set the stage for confiscating anything that is avoiding taxation which they now call money laundering with up to 20 years in prison. This is now all about them – not you.

Such schemes against tax-avoidance would not be merely a target against gold alone. It would be against anything taking place in a tax-exempt atmosphere.

inca
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:05:21 PM

It might be wise to sell all private asset shorts for the time being. Looks like we need one more test of the resistance to the upside before the next move downwards in Sept-Oct. Also it appears the low in private assets won't be until Spring 2016, as we need to allow time for the October kickoff of the contagion in Europe to spread into liquidity crisis and selloff globally with capital rushing into the dollar as the safe haven...

It might even be wise to reestablish some long positions for the time being. There may be a possibility of the Bitcoin price moving above $320 and staying below the next zone of resistance.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35597

While gold elected the Monthly Bearish at 1155, we did so well below that level, yet holding the 1084 number both weekly and monthly. Our energy models are turning positive so it does not appear we will get major follow-through at this time. When you elect a Bearish Reversal that far from the number, you typically bounce back to retest it before proceeding further.

We have a Directional Change back to back for August and September and July was a turning point. So, we may see a reaction to the upside to flush out the shorts at this time since we have excessive bearishness building in the press as the WSJ comment that gold is the “pet rock”.

A reaction rally at this point BEFORE new lows will relieve the short positions but this is not likely to last beyond September. Therefore we are more likely than not going to see the final decline stage into the Benchmarks [now].

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35556

We must always play it by the numbers and time. Nothing else matters at the end of the day. Clearly, gold is not in such a Waterfall Event no matter how bearish everyone gets. We have moved beyond the 3 year window from 2011 and the Yearly Bearish Reversal at $681 has held. To make that final low in gold, the vast majority have to write off gold entirely and regard it as the WSJ just did – nothing more than a “pet rock”. So as the bearishness builds, this is good for establishing character separating the traders from the fools who just believe propaganda and trade fundamentally. But the hate mails still come in and this warns the tree must still be shaken. When they stop, then the market will be ready to rebound but only on short-covering – not new longs. So expect no sudden news of a huge buyer to save the day. That will NEVER happen. The low is made by massive shorts just as highs are made by fools rushing in an believe the propaganda of the promoters at the top.

... [click the url to read all]

Those targets for the low in gold are in the International Precious Metals Report that warns of the final decline. We are NOT looking for the low in gold to be on October 1 either. If that materialized, it would be extremely profound. However, the more likely event will be the rush to cash completing the final Flight to Quality.

How high gold will rise from a major low depends upon the entire political landscape but more importantly, the technical projections and the Reversals generated from that low. Will we still have a free market for gold? Or will gold move entirely underground, deemed the money of “terrorists” in an attempt to hunt down business conducted off the grid?  This we will cover for the future rally in the next Special Report.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35582

Government would not necessarily travel door to door to confiscate gold. They would more likely than not employ the same tactic as in the past – just outlaw transactions in gold to avoid taxes which might even include BitCoin. That would be the way they set the stage for confiscating anything that is avoiding taxation which they now call money laundering with up to 20 years in prison. This is now all about them – not you.

Such schemes against tax-avoidance would not be merely a target against gold alone. It would be against anything taking place in a tax-exempt atmosphere.

So sell everything and go short, but also go long because the price may rise? Smiley
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:14:20 PM

So sell everything and go short, but also go long because the price may rise? Smiley

and IF we stay in the same column moving upwards (probably not gonna happen) 465$ (probably lower as we move to the right):

May I suggest we also redraw that long-term trend line from the inception of Bitcoin which was at $320 in early July, but will be at > $350 by September. Perhaps we will come back up to test that as resistance again? Could you draw it more accurately as you did last time? I don't have the necessary tools to draw it at my disposal.

Unlike gold (see my chart in my prior post), Bitcoin already broke out its down channel from the $1100 high. Thus perhaps it is only the bullish long-term trend line that serves as resistance.

Still at 320$, it is remarkable how it bounced back in this resistance!

Eyeballing it, looks like $325 now. What will the line projection be in September?

Notice also how briefly the price move above the line by roughly $20, so that could occur again.

I am sticking with this line as the most likely strong resistance until after gold has bottomed.

I believe overall (notwithstanding a rise back up to this trend line again before the next down wave Sept or Oct) we are still in a bearish mode due to the external contagion forces. When gold bottoms in spring, then those forces will be alleviated.

Edit: it is also amazing that Bitcoin broke out of its down trend channel from $1100 peak when the price crossed this long-term bullish line.

I am now expecting the double top I referred to upthread. I think we will come back up to test this line one more time.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:23:29 PM

2015 tells a different story.  Orange line is XAUUSD

Approximately a week ago I calculated the correlation of GOLD/BTC.

Results:
Last year (29-07-2014 - 28-07-2014): 0,519572846
YTD (01-01-2015 - 28-07-2014): -0,562651161

Quite interesting I have to say. Unfortunately I was not able to produce a correlation chart over time. I would love to see such a graph!

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:51:53 AM

But only 250.000(sic!) adresses are active ... https://blockchain.info/charts/n-unique-addresses. In january the number dropped to 116.000.

I don't understand why upthread comments say that you are only quoting data for one wallet. The above data is for all addresses on the block chain. Duh!    Roll Eyes

I think it is very likely that Bitcoin adoption has stalled.

And it is very likely that active use is much less than a million users.

There are likely a million+ users who hold balances though.

I wouldn't worry about it. We are heading into a low price below $100 for Spring 2016, because the $usd is coming so strong due to the contagion in Europe, China, and developing markets. Commodities are declining.

Next year we will bottom and see the interest in private assets grow again, but it will be driven more by anti-government sentiment (due to expropriation in the EU) and thus anonymous coins will receive much more interest than Bitcoin.

Hi klee. Thanks for that.

however, i was hoping for a chart resembling this, with gold charted in.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:03:27 AM

MA has stated that was likely all the bounce we are going to get. Prepare to re-engage shorts:

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35771

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 10:49:54 PM

https://thomasdorsey.wordpress.com/2015/08/10/the-continuous-commodity-index-uvy-theodore-modis/

"The continuous commodity index has completed a second S-shaped growth step that began in the 1990s. The downward deviation observed since the beginning of 2011 is arriving at its bottom. The turnaround point is expected between 2-Jan-2016 and 8-Aug-2016. From then onward, an upward trend should peak around 9-Aug-2019."

Last post is compliant with Martin Armstrong predictions as far as I understand.

TPTB?

I do believe BTC will make new all time highs 2017 or thereafter.

Yep. And MA's computer Socrates is remaining long gold until the first week of September. Appears that Aug. 10 (the yellow bar) is a turning point for a short-covering, short-term rally up to roughly $1140s, not for a crash. So you may want to go long again BTC for another rally up to the long-term trend line at $325±10 before we go short again for the collapse down to double digits:

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35822

What changes after 2019, is that Asia's collapse will bottom as of 2020.05 (while the West will continue to spiral off into the demographic, politico-economic decay). That is 2015.75+4.3. Half of an 8.6 year cycle on the ECM (1000 x Pi days).

So perhaps from 2020, there is enough confidence to divest gold and start investing in Asian bonds paying high interest rates. I do believe FATCA will be in full force and enforced by the Chinese against foreigners. So you won't be divesting of your gold without paying the taxman back in your home Western country which might entail very high levels of taxation or even expropriation for "money laundering" when you can't show that you purchased the gold from an "approved dealer" (and other variants of the corrupt nonsense known as Civil Asset Forfeiture). I assume physical cash won't exist by that time, at least not in China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Will be interesting to see how cash is phased out in these banana republics such as the Philippines.

This rally is a short-covering rally, but the justification for the greater fools will be that the contagion will demand another QE. Except this time the Fed will be raising interest rates not doing QE.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-10/gold-silver-are-surging-heavy-volume

Quote from: Tyler Durden
Hedgies are the most short ever... and Commercials are the least hedged in 14 years... and it appears rumors of PBOC buying along with dismal data from around the world has sparked a renewed awareness of another looming QE sending gold well north of $1100 and silver back above $15.

Let's see if BTC moves up with gold or if they are anti-correlated on short-term moves. I am fairly certain they are correlated on the general down trend. That is the problem with any straightforward correlation calculation, as there are correlations within the correlations. Hidden order is fractal in chaos theory. Armstrong has a computer correlating all these possible fractal orders. Unfortunately he apparently doesn't have enough historical data on Bitcoin to model it.

luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:57:23 AM

theres no such thing as free money.

And if its for free like doing from a legit source by saying trading it always dependent on the individual of knowing something that others dont.

Wexlike
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:03:07 AM

theres no such thing as free money.

And if its for free like doing from a legit source by saying trading it always dependent on the individual of knowing something that others dont.

And that is TBTBs argument. He claims(based on his and MA thinking) to know something that the broader mass(=the greater fools) does not understand. I will risk a small part of my funds based on his analysis, just to make the rollercoaster more interesting/exiting for me.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:44:00 PM

Everyone should have been short since $315 which is what I said first. And I should have stuck to that. Predicting the short-term moves is going to get you stopped out and you'll miss the entire decline. Everyone who did not short at $315 has already lost the decline to $254.

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:04:41 PM

The free money really gave us free money or not?

I can't understand the topic Huh
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:18:52 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 05:47:26 AM by TPTB_need_war

Hope everyone has collected their free money...

Well in May I wrote in several Economics -> Speculation threads that BTC would rise from the low $200s to $315, then it would crash back down to eventually below $150 (and probably to double-digits) no later than sometime after October.

I reiterated these points over the past weeks in the Economics -> Speculation -> PnF and Economics -> Speculation -> Free Money threads. Even a few hours before the crash I reiterated these points again that everyone should have been short since $315.

The bottom in the BTC price will come in Spring 2016, and it will be back below $100, perhaps even below $50.

After that, we will start a new bull market that will make investors rich.

If you weren't dumb, you'd learn to stop ignoring me. You'd be clicking my Profile and reading all my archive of posts.

But you are dumb and lazy, so you won't do that. And so you will remain ignorant. And I sort of like that, don't you?

PS: I've decided to risk a portion of my BTCs following the advice you gave on Klee's thread. As stated there, I don't feel comfortable about it, but more and more I am convinced that your approach of BTC's is essentially a "gold-like" commodity and should be treated like one, is true. Undecided

As more people capitulate to the reality that it is better to be short than long that is what drives the extreme low.

This bounce back up is one more gift to go short before it is too late. Again the "Only the Date is Unknown". I don't know how far up the price will reach before crashing again or the timing. Volatility will increase.

The "End of Government" can mean many things. It can mean we still have governments exerting totalitarianism with the chaos of loss of rule of law (i.e. rampant corruption in government). Again study my upthread review of the decades long chaotic collapse of the Western Roman empire.

The government won't entirely disappear any time soon. You'll wish they would. In Rome it got so bad that the people just abandoned their land because the government was so oppressive. Later there was no government in Rome and only cows grazing in the city. But first the totalitarianism.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:43:23 AM

But past happenings do not guarantee future happenings... You may have been right once, twice or even more times, but this does not mean you will be right this time.. Wink

I've always been correct on BTC price in terms of the major moves. I was even correct in early 2013 when at $10 I gave my thumbs up to going all in.

talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:24:45 PM

But past happenings do not guarantee future happenings... You may have been right once, twice or even more times, but this does not mean you will be right this time.. Wink

I've always been correct on BTC price in terms of the major moves. I was even correct in early 2013 when at $10 I gave my thumbs up to going all in.

What's your prediction now, TPTB?

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:27:51 PM

Do you still believe a bottom of 100 USD could happen spring? That's pretty depressing for my portfolio. Im too scared to sell my hard earned BTC in hopes you are right to double my money at best.
majamalu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 07:25:00 PM

Where's my free money?

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:30:50 PM

Are you still holding by your speculation that btc bottom near 100 usd will happen in spring 2016? Or have recent happenings changed your stance?

Quite interested what you have to say on the matter.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:46:36 AM

TPTB and his ilks are known to be quite wrong on MANY, if not ALL, occasions. I can't think of a time when he's right. Everything that comes out of his mouth is WRONG!!!

Wexlike
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 08:07:45 AM

TPTB and his ilks are known to be quite wrong on MANY, if not ALL, occasions. I can't think of a time when he's right. Everything that comes out of his mouth is WRONG!!!

Nope.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:11:31 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:34:50 PM

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Damn you were spot on with that chart.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: