Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:30:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will be our new world currency? (see image below)  (Voting closed: October 30, 2015, 08:54:50 PM)
US Dollar for another 30+ years - 17 (38.6%)
China yuan - 4 (9.1%)
Russia ruble - 1 (2.3%)
Zimbabwe dollar - 2 (4.5%)
Bitcoin - 18 (40.9%)
Litecoin - 0 (0%)
Gold - 1 (2.3%)
Silver - 1 (2.3%)
Euro - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will be our new world currency?  (Read 18025 times)
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:13:42 PM

I really don't see how bitcoin would be able to be the next dominant world currency.
At the moment it is the dollar followed by the euro with a big distance.
Bitcoin with its 12 billion market capitalization is way too small to play in that league, even if its worth would climbe 100 times of what it has now.
In my opinion the dominant world currency has to be a fiat, backed up by a major national economy.
It is true that presently USD is the dominant currency of the world, but the grown trend of online business and shopping the trend of bitcoin, fiat currency is now decreasing people giving preference to digital currencies, so we can hope that a time is coming when majority of people will be using crypto currency instead of fiat.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:27:49 PM

I really don't see how bitcoin would be able to be the next dominant world currency.
Bitcoin with its 12 billion market capitalization is way too small to play in that league, even if its worth would climbe 100 times of what it has now.
In my opinion the dominant world currency has to be a fiat, backed up by a major national economy.
It is true that presently USD is the dominant currency of the world, but the grown trend of online business and shopping the trend of bitcoin, fiat currency is now decreasing people giving preference to digital currencies, so we can hope that a time is coming when majority of people will be using crypto currency instead of fiat.
USD is now losing its value which is already cleared from online businesses which all are now going to use bitcoin. The majority of people will definitely use crypto currency for their businesses instead of fiat in the coming future. They now have their banks in their own hands and they can easily handle all of their financial affairs without any bank of government.
Viviyang

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:32:28 PM

USD is now losing its value which is already cleared from online businesses which all are now going to use bitcoin. The majority of people will definitely use crypto currency for their businesses instead of fiat in the coming future. They now have their banks in their own hands and they can easily handle all of their financial affairs without any bank of government.

Now USD is not able to produce any new source that is why they are dying and what you said is right that in the coming days where internet and online shopping is the main source of products sales in that bitcoin is going to  play the major role and in within some years we can see bitcoin occupying the world currency also

▃▄▅▆▇ HEROCOIN.io ▇▆▅▄▃
⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨ ICO LIVE: JOIN NOW ⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
▇▆▅▄▃ ANN | Bounty | Website ▃▄▅▆▇
[/color]
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:48:23 PM

The new world currency will likely be something that either is governed by international banking cartels (expect something like carbon credits or energy credits to be a major player if we go down this path), or we might get off lucky and only have to deal with fiat currencies being world reserve currencies or whatever.

USD or Yuan are the most likely candidates for world reserve currencies in the future.
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:55:41 PM

I think Bitcoin has everything to be our new world currency. Many people forget that the dollar, by not following the gold standard anymore, does not have the same benefits as decades ago. At the moment the currency is quite overpriced, and people are beginning to realize that they do not have the same purchase power as they had years ago when using dollar. These are just a few of the factors that make Bitcoin a better currency.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:00:36 PM

Now USD is not able to produce any new source that is why they are dying and what you said is right that in the coming days where internet and online shopping is the main source of products sales in that bitcoin is going to  play the major role and in within some years we can see bitcoin occupying the world currency also

True soon USD will no longer exist , but that soon may not happen for 10 to 30 years it will be replaced by other currency like Yuan.  But for bitcoin it may not be popular now to everyone but its adaptability by the users were growing faster that it can be used after 5-10 years in every online purchasing and paying sites and hopefully also as a fiat in every country.
butcherboss

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:48:29 PM

Well its really hard to tell which currency will be our new world currency, there are chances that it could be bitcoin but they seem slim since bitcoin going mainstream will create problems for governments and they don't like problems.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:17:58 PM

True soon USD will no longer exist , but that soon may not happen for 10 to 30 years it will be replaced by other currency like Yuan.  But for bitcoin it may not be popular now to everyone but its adaptability by the users were growing faster that it can be used after 5-10 years in every online purchasing and paying sites and hopefully also as a fiat in every country.

I don't think this. Dollar will continue on the top for the next 30 years or more, USA is still the biggest world power nation, and I don't underestimate their capacity to keep their might in up.

I think the world will continue stable as it is now. Bitcoin will increase its price a lot, but continue as a speculative secondary currency, each country with their own currency, no global currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Antoshka

Activity: 270

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:21:12 PM

Well its really hard to tell which currency will be our new world currency, there are chances that it could be bitcoin but they seem slim since bitcoin going mainstream will create problems for governments and they don't like problems.
Yes, you are right, the government would never allow that to become a world currency Bitcoin legally.
Most likely the dollar will remain the leader. Maybe the Chinese currency will be strong
raja2sumi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 12:38:09 PM

Well because of the limitation in the quantity of bitcoins it is likely not to be the digital cryptocurrency .no matter what may be ,prople are slowly transferring themselves into digital there would greater part into fiat .

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 02:03:16 AM

Well because of the limitation in the quantity of bitcoins it is likely not to be the digital cryptocurrency .no matter what may be ,prople are slowly transferring themselves into digital there would greater part into fiat .
As long as the government rules the world, their currency will always exist. Bitcoin is just impressive to see due to its price but the number of adopters  who push it to this success is not big enough compared to the total population of fiat users. Every country will certainly use its own currency but the greater value or will dominate world currencies are dollars IMO.

agamasrori

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:46:29 AM

Bitcoin and gold, both of them have so many advantage for us. Bitcoin transaction is really fast and no inflation in it, Gold has intrinsict value so it will always worthed. I don't know which one will be our new world currency.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:43:32 AM

I really do wish that the next world currency would be bitcoin, since it would be beneficial for me as a user who use it right now but in my opinion it would still be dollar for the next 30+ years. Even if dollar collapse, I think they would just make another fiat currency and hence dollar v2.0 is born. They would do that instead of switching to use bitcoin and other currencies well other fiat currency now can be the new world currency.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:10:48 AM

perhaps as bitcoin users, I tend to prefer bitcoin to the make money in the future. however, not for the moment. it might cause damage to the economic system, karen currently bitcoin prices are unstable, and I felt that for the current bitcoin does not provide tangible benefits to the government.
mrbigmugs

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:06:09 PM

yes we are also hoping that bitcon will surely be our new world academy and hope tha tall the people of the world are going to adopt bitcoin as currency in future as bitcoin is really created as currency.

Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:38:28 PM

If the governments remain sincere with bitcoin and the work for its more development and make it suitable for governmental uses then governments will not face any problems with bitcoin and they will start work with it and in this way bitcoin will be our new world currency.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:20:35 PM

As a Bitcoin user, I really wish that Bitcoin should be new world currency.Bitcoin is the best currency in the world!

I bitcoin users but I'm not too hopeful bitcoin can replace fiat became the main currency in the world. I'm more comfortable seeing bitcoin and fiat together. after all, we can use both of them simultaneously without any hindrance?
but I hope the future of bitcoin will either
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:50:34 PM

As a Bitcoin user, I really wish that Bitcoin should be new world currency.Bitcoin is the best currency in the world!

I bitcoin users but I'm not too hopeful bitcoin can replace fiat became the main currency in the world. I'm more comfortable seeing bitcoin and fiat together. after all, we can use both of them simultaneously without any hindrance?
but I hope the future of bitcoin will either
We can use both forms of currency effectively, it's just kind of a pain to still have to deal with fiat currencies and the issues they bring.

Unless there's some really weird shakeup with the global order of things, chances are fiat currencies will continue to propagate just fine, and never really experience an issue when it comes to inter-currency competiton.
morgand

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:02:42 AM

I wish that bitcoin will be the new world currency, but so much people in this world still didnt know about coin.
Not all item can be paid with bitcoin nowadays, but USD can be used for all payment. People already trust USD and its hard habit to change.
Maybe USD still and will be the world currency for another 3 decades.
millgates

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:10:59 AM

I wish that bitcoin will be the new world currency, but so much people in this world still didnt know about coin.
Not all item can be paid with bitcoin nowadays, but USD can be used for all payment. People already trust USD and its hard habit to change.
Maybe USD still and will be the world currency for another 3 decades.
USD is strong enough to be world currency for 3 more decades but after that,  USD and all of paper money will not be use. I think people will get smarter, then they will use currency which give them freedom, maybe bitcoin could be the good choice.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: