Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:55:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COMM-TALK-COFFEE-ENRG::2014 PoS community coin comebacks ... who's next?  (Read 469 times)
vaporware asset wizard (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:38:46 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 06:23:24 AM by vaporware asset wizard

Who remembers flared jeans, Disco music, mullet hairdos?

We all do, right, coz those 'fashions' had some merit, and they'll keep being recycled forever. They never left, just occasionally pop-up from obscurity, then go back underground again being kept alive by the die-hard fans.

People get bored quickly, and humans always desire new stuff, and sometimes the best new stuff is recycled old stuff that 'worked' previously.

In the last couple of weeks the recent alt revival seems to have unearthed the PoS community coins - COMM TALK COFFEE ENRG - maybe some others also.

Is this a good thing?

Some of the community coins actually had pretty reasonable distributions without obvious IPO scams etc, so I'm paying attention. A rising tide lifts all boats!!
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:18:57 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 10:30:44 AM by kjadB

We all do, right, coz those 'fashions' had some merit, and they'll keep being recycled forever. They never left, just occasionally pop-up from obscurity, then go back underground again being kept alive by the die-hard fans.

People get bored quickly, and humans always desire new stuff, and sometimes the best new stuff is recycled old stuff that 'worked' previously.

In the last couple of weeks the recent alt revival seems to have unearthed the PoS community coins - COMM TALK COFFEE ENRG - maybe some others also.

Is this a good thing?

Some of the community coins actually had pretty reasonable distributions without obvious IPO scams etc, so I'm paying attention. A rising tide lifts all boats!!

ENRG is well and truly back, and TALK & COMM look promising too. Not sure about COFFEE though, maybe too early to tell. I do agree that community coins from that time weren't shackled with as many obvious scams as IPO coins, and seemed to be more exuberant experiments from eager newbie devs who later dropped the ball. If others pick them up and continue then that's a plus for cryptos in general, as it shows some coins aren't always vulnerable to the 'single points of failure' that comes with having a lone wolf dev.
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:07:53 AM

Is this a good thing?

ENRG is well and truly back, and TALK & COMM look promising too. Not sure about COFFEE though, maybe too early to tell. I do agree that community coins from that time weren't shackled with as many obvious scams as IPO coins, and seemed to be more exuberant experiments from eager newbie devs who later dropped the ball. If others pick them up and continue then that's a plus for cryptos in general, as it shows some coins aren't always vulnerable to the 'single points of failure' that comes with having a lone wolf dev.

TALK is definitely worth a second look, BitcoinNational has done a great job keeping the chain going!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:57:25 AM

Is this a good thing?

I wouldn't call comm "back" because they have a working wallet again.. Any price rise will just be pump n dump, there is no real development ongoing and literally billions of coins waiting to be dumped.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 02:17:59 PM

Is this a good thing?

I wouldn't call comm "back" because they have a working wallet again.. Any price rise will just be pump n dump, there is no real development ongoing and literally billions of coins waiting to be dumped.

wish someone would fix the TIX wallet. That is throwing up checkpoint errors and won't sync up.

kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:31:06 AM

it's a promising start, but more progress needed too. I think original distro for COMM was ~500 stakeholders with 2 million coins each (1 billion total), so I don't expect much dumping really, just flat-lining for a long while, but that's better than dead, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: