Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:47:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have the right to know - to Administrators  (Read 1071 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:13:56 PM

Then what is this board? And what rights do we have? To be anonymous use alts scam people or to be just a chicken shit as sugested above and have alts to express unpopular oppinion and to keep your primary acount clean?
To LET everybody know I am Bulgarian and I do live in Bulgaria. I do not think it is top secret and threatens me in any way. I am wandering "how same place" translates to disclosing your location. Would you so kind to explain please?

There are some people that don't want to disclose their location and of course they have the right to do that. For the question of alternative accounts, this is how it works here.

Edit: however, you can be anonymous and be also 'honest' because anonymous doesn't mean dishonest person that wants to scam the other users.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:26:24 PM

Then what is this board? And what rights do we have? To be anonymous use alts scam people or to be just a chicken shit as sugested above and have alts to express unpopular oppinion and to keep your primary acount clean?
To LET everybody know I am Bulgarian and I do live in Bulgaria. I do not think it is a top secret and threatens me in any way. I am wandering "how same place" translates to disclosing your location. Would you  be so kind to explain please?

you might not mind, but others might. everyone on here deserves some level of privacy, regardless of their activity on the forum.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
superpanos2

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:33:53 PM

I would like that feature.
I think it can help avoid scammers.
A middle solution would be to increase the number of people able to see the ip addresses, like those in deafault trust and not just mods and admins.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 06:00:22 PM

Then what is this board? And what rights do we have?

Its a board, you may post here as long as you follow the owners rules.

To be anonymous use alts scam people or to be just a chicken shit as sugested above and have alts to express unpopular oppinion and to keep your primary acount clean?
To LET everybody know I am Bulgarian and I do live in Bulgaria. I do not think it is a top secret and threatens me in any way. I am wandering "how same place" translates to disclosing your location. Would you  be so kind to explain please?

You want to know who is an alt of whom, right? Will this be solved if you get a list of countries (with fantasy names)? No, its not fine enough. Will this be solved if you get a list of streets names (again fantasy names) without house numbers? No, its not fine enough. The information you are seeking needs to be previse in a way that allows to identify a home. Not which home as in you know the address and can just come over, but a home in a sense that you would know if I were to invite 3 people to my house/flat/workplace/etc. and they would post here. In order to allow this precision you would need a bijective map from IP address to fantasy name representing it. With data from a period of 6 months you (or someone else) would be able to gather a lot more information about people here that I suspect most want to share.

Why do I (or anyone else) have to share this information with you? I dont.

Just because you are willing to share that information, does not mean you can force(!) anyone else to do the same. City still ok for you? Street name + number? You have nothing to hide, right? How about your full name? What about people that live in countries where using and owning bitcoin is forbidden by law? What about, say someone from Kyrgyzstan?

A middle solution would be to increase the number of people able to see the ip addresses, like those in deafault trust and not just mods and admins.

How would it help to avoid scams? Someone that activly trying to avoid this could do so by e.g. using Tor.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
loshia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:05:18 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 06:23:29 PM by loshia

Folks,
Once again for N-th time

Nobody will see any ip adress or part of it.
As mentioned above we will see only if a and b  use "same place" to post with certain probability of course.
Thea was my initial idea. Ck sugested geo ip part which does Something same but seems more "intrusive" for most of you
The best will be a simple number like trust next to nick
Something with +1 +2 and so on
For instance +1 means that there is one more account posting from same class c network.
What about it BadBear? That seems to keep the privacy and be a good start?
My initial idea with sql query results was the fastest way without spending time implementing new features and stuff
And when we see newbie with +10 next to nick opening a new thread with a single post saying something like  I bought this and that from there and it works great all will be clear
Or have you heard about this and that advertising scams

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: