Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:08:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 03:46:18 AM

Upper window is my miner, below is public miner (https://github.com/nicehash/cpuminer-multi).
Tested on Windows, works perfectly in Linux as well. On some Haswells it's ~1.8x faster. Grin

SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 03:51:04 AM

Is there a profit calculator for this coin? Maybe a separate thread with hardware hashrates...

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:32:18 AM

Sorry, I guess I don't really understand PoS.  How does changing the size of the payout you get from pool affect how well you stake?

stakeweight or coin-age is the key. it is the fuel for the PoS engine.

Amt. of time (in days)(that those coin have been unmoved at their address) x # of coin = stakeweight.

so you recieve 100 coin (in one tx) and leave it in your wallet to stake, it's been there 10 days, your stakeweight = 1000
  same day you recieved 50 coin (in one tx) ten days later it's weight is 500.
the block of coin with the greater weight is (generally speaking) more likely to find a block ...  Smiley

Makes perfect sense, thanks.  However, I've observed my stake weight going down after some time, even though I haven't sent coins out of my wallet.  How does this happen?  Also, I've noticed my wallet consumes 8-10% of my cpu power while staking.  XMG doesn't do this (typically less than 1%).  Are PoS algorithms also different from coin to coin?

The coins in your wallet are divided up into "inputs." Every time you make a deposit into your wallet, it makes a new input. When you make a withdrawal from your wallet, it will figure out which input(s) to use to make the output. If there is anything left, a new input will be created which is your change.

Each input in your wallet has it's own stakeweight. Whenever you hit a stake, your wallet takes one of the inputs, adds the stake reward, and splits it into two new inputs. These new inputs now have a weight of zero and you will have to wait four hours until they start gaining weight.
One strategy people implement when staking is they break down coinage into many inputs. If all of your coins are in one input, when you stake, your weight will drop all the way down to zero and you will have to wait four hours for your coins to start gaining weight. However, if you have your coins split up into 12 equal inputs, your weight will only go down by 1/12 when you stake.
Your wallet will eventually split up your coinage through staking if you leave it alone. However, some people use coin control to manage their inputs manually.
I'm not sure why you XMG wallet only uses 1% and axiom uses 10% cpu.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:42:57 AM

Sorry, I guess I don't really understand PoS.  How does changing the size of the payout you get from pool affect how well you stake?

Amt. of time (in days)(that those coin have been unmoved at their address) x # of coin = stakeweight.

so you recieve 100 coin (in one tx) and leave it in your wallet to stake, it's been there 10 days, your stakeweight = 1000
the block of coin with the greater weight is (generally speaking) more likely to find a block ...  Smiley

Makes perfect sense, thanks.  However, I've observed my stake weight going down after some time, even though I haven't sent coins out of my wallet.  How does this happen?  Also, I've noticed my wallet consumes 8-10% of my cpu power while staking.  XMG doesn't do this (typically less than 1%).  Are PoS algorithms also different from coin to coin?

The coins in your wallet are divided up into "inputs." Every time you make a deposit into your wallet, it makes a new input. When you make a withdrawal from your wallet, it will figure out which input(s) to use to make the output. If there is anything left, a new input will be created which is your change.

Each input in your wallet has it's own stakeweight. Whenever you hit a stake, your wallet takes one of the inputs, adds the stake reward, and splits it into two new inputs. These new inputs now have a weight of zero and you will have to wait four hours until they start gaining weight.
One strategy people implement when staking is they break down coinage into many inputs. If all of your coins are in one input, when you stake, your weight will drop all the way down to zero and you will have to wait four hours for your coins to start gaining weight. However, if you have your coins split up into 12 equal inputs, your weight will only go down by 1/12 when you stake.
Your wallet will eventually split up your coinage through staking if you leave it alone. However, some people use coin control to manage their inputs manually.

Thanks for very detailed answer!  I understand much better now.  Ya, kinda weird, but I suppose Axiom just has a more taxing PoS algorithm than Magi :/

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:49:14 AM

I told you people this coin was only worth about 2k.

Krypt0Fr3ak

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:36:24 AM

Upper window is my miner, below is public miner (https://github.com/nicehash/cpuminer-multi).
Tested on Windows, works perfectly in Linux as well. On some Haswells it's ~1.8x faster. Grin

Open source it and take one for the team or STFU with you l33t screenshot.. 
Topbanker

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:05:01 AM

Start price of this coin WAS 2k and we are at 2700 so still above that Wink
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:45:13 AM

Start price of this coin WAS 2k and we are at 2700 so still above that Wink

I really do like axiom coin but its starting to get dangerous. We are hitting 2500 satoshi and in another week will probably be at 2k or below if no updates or useful news is made. It is way to early for development to be stopped on this coin and for it to maintain a good value
ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:08:07 PM

@AxiomCryptocurrency : surely the OP can be updated now? Can you give the community an update on where you are at with the lead Dev? Is it time for a community takeover?  Grin Grin
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:28:12 PM

Patience people. We are half way through the small rewards section. There is plenty of time to get updates yet.

It would be nice however if AXIOM can at least update the OP ( Other coins are updating theirs )

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:10:45 PM

it's getting stupid now! Looks at this douche!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=545086

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:12:54 PM

I noticed him the other day. Missing an r in his spelling. Posting a bunch of +1 and other BS to get his post count up. Cheesy
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:13:49 PM

I noticed him the other day. Missing an r in his spelling. Posting a bunch of +1 and other BS to get his post count up. Cheesy

I guess some people have nothing better to do

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:16:02 PM

Patience people. We are half way through the small rewards section. There is plenty of time to get updates yet.

It would be nice however if AXIOM can at least update the OP ( Other coins are updating theirs )

It they keep getting this error, they can always lock this thread and create a fresh one. The new thread will not look as impressive though...
rt99

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:47:19 PM

Have u seen the axiomcryptocurrency imposter, posting in lots of threads and coins this week.  Lol.  It's pretty funny.  But he has spelt it with only 1 r in currency.  Not sure why or what the point is, but I find its good for a laugh
Tortoise75

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:55:35 PM

Are you sure the inputs should split? Because here it still shows the original amount of inputs and just the stake amount was added. Additionally the wallet is using <1% CPU right now and just goes up to around 2% once a new block comes in. OK, only just a bit short of 600 coins in it that stake about once a day on average, so not much action going on, and its the normal wallet from the OP, not one of the later posted 'optimized' ones.

LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:43:00 PM

They inputs should split indeed, this is standard. You might not see that actual split in coin control until the POS block has been confirmed Smiley

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
Tortoise75

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:04:01 PM

OK, weird. In the first address the last stake 2 days ago indeed did split one input into 2, but that address/input received 3 and 4 days ago one stake each as well without splitting. The second address shows 2 inputs, one staked 2 days ago and just grew by 5 coins and the other are the coins that came in yesterday from Bittrex. Can't say what happened before that time because I combined inputs 5 days ago. Anyway, not all stakes caused a split, perhaps depending on the size of the input?
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:12:17 PM

OK, weird. In the first address the last stake 2 days ago indeed did split one input into 2, but that address/input received 3 and 4 days ago one stake each as well without splitting. The second address shows 2 inputs, one staked 2 days ago and just grew by 5 coins and the other are the coins that came in yesterday from Bittrex. Can't say what happened before that time because I combined inputs 5 days ago. Anyway, not all stakes caused a split, perhaps depending on the size of the input?

If you're staking very small then maybe the block will split but looks like it hasn't due to the block reward.

Do you stake any other POS coins or is that your first?

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:13:35 PM

Have u seen the axiomcryptocurrency imposter, posting in lots of threads and coins this week.  Lol.  It's pretty funny.  But he has spelt it with only 1 r in currency.  Not sure why or what the point is, but I find its good for a laugh

One of these days he's gonna post an "updated wallet" link on this thread which is actually a trojan.
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: