Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:23:27 PM

I wonder if there will be another pump. Someone bought this up on bittrex.

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:25:36 PM

This coin is dead. No new developments. No new posts by many people at all. Even the btc trading volume dropped dramatically. Another scam coin where the devs ran off with all the profit and left tons of bagholders
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 12:55:29 AM

This coin is dead. No new developments. No new posts by many people at all. Even the btc trading volume dropped dramatically. Another scam coin where the devs ran off with all the profit and left tons of bagholders

Actually, it was probably only the main programmer that dumped this immediately when it got to Bittrex.  I strongly suspect the others involved in the development team got left holding the bag too.  It appears they couldn't find another programmer that would take over for a reasonable fee.
prfagun1

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:53:31 PM

Actually, it was probably only the main programmer that dumped this immediately when it got to Bittrex.  I strongly suspect the others involved in the development team got left holding the bag too.  It appears they couldn't find another programmer that would take over for a reasonable fee.

I would like to help to create a fork, I don't have much experience with development, but I work with IT for 15 years.

Why not a takeover with a swap?
sparksi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:28:17 PM

I remember checking Bittrex price chart closely in the begining and there was first trade where 1 axiom was sold for 150 btc or something similar to create volume. Can't find any proof for that, but maybe someone can confirm it.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:02:08 PM

I would like to help to create a fork, I don't have much experience with development, but I work with IT for 15 years.

Why not? well because not a single take over of a coin project has been successful before for the simple reason that the only reason behind a takeover is to try to salvage some of the invested capital. Why would anyone (else) want to try to salvage a project that was a failure before instead of initiating a new one? By definition, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

This clusterfuck of ineptitude is mistake-ridden and fails at its only purpose, which is to facilitate CPU mining and ONLY CPU mining. Any new project that guarantees that (and that is a very tall guarantee- will immediately be successful... if proven. To cal it AXIOM would be an unnecessary and ridiculous stigma that would guarantee its immediate failure.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:09:17 PM

Actually, it was probably only the main programmer that dumped this immediately when it got to Bittrex.  I strongly suspect the others involved in the development team got left holding the bag too.  It appears they couldn't find another programmer that would take over for a reasonable fee.

Why not? well because not a single take over of a coin project has been successful before for the simple reason that the only reason behind a takeover is to try to salvage some of the invested capital. Why would anyone (else) want to try to salvage a project that was a failure before instead of initiating a new one? By definition, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

This clusterfuck of ineptitude is mistake-ridden and fails at its only purpose, which is to facilitate CPU mining and ONLY CPU mining. Any new project that guarantees that (and that is a very tall guarantee- will immediately be successful... if proven. To cal it AXIOM would be an unnecessary and ridiculous stigma that would guarantee its immediate failure.

Yes, someone needs to clone this coin, instead. Improve upon the algo to make it more GPU resistant. Perhaps do what MAGI did and make the reward schedule punitive for high hash rates. Also, they need to put in an improved wallet miner.  That's a tall order too, though. Basically starting from scratch. Probably not worth it.
MakingBubbles

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Tiny BUBBLES

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 07:59:27 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2015, 08:10:48 PM by MakingBubbles

Actually, it was probably only the main programmer that dumped this immediately when it got to Bittrex.  I strongly suspect the others involved in the development team got left holding the bag too.  It appears they couldn't find another programmer that would take over for a reasonable fee.

Yes, someone needs to clone this coin, instead. Improve upon the algo to make it more GPU resistant. Perhaps do what MAGI did and make the reward schedule punitive for high hash rates. Also, they need to put in an improved wallet miner.  That's a tall order too, though. Basically starting from scratch. Probably not worth it.

u want a coin which is cpu only --- EASY first u need to understand what a gpu miner is. if u want to kill the gpu running faster u make it so the algo cannot run parallel very well. u see this is why u cant just hook 1 million desktops together to make a super desktop. there is too much overhead especially when it comes to physical memory (like hard drives)  here is a good paper https://www.olcf.ornl.gov/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Fall_IO.pdf  so like if u had the HARDRIVE as apart of the process  ud kill almost any advantage  adding more core could give i havent done the work on this, ive only done thought experiments. but from what i see it IS POSSIBLE. you would be purposely making it very slow

*Link Removed*
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 08:32:42 PM

This is a friendly reminder that Suprnova's Axiom Pool is CLOSING - please STOP mining and withdraw your remaining funds !

thanks

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 09:28:34 PM

One thing CPUs can do much better than GPUs is the kind of "mining" described at http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=cpu_mining

There are quite a few currencies and other assets that have been running along those lines for years now, as shown at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

Bear in mind that in addition to discouraging GPUs it is also necessary to make it hard for botnets to play too, otherwise instead of losing out to GPU farms ordinary users lose out to folks who run botnets.

Thus it is best for not only the code required to involve a whole lot of decisions and branches and different possibilities but also for there to be an advantage to users who are at their keybpard relatively frequently, so that trying to run hundreds or thousands of "mining processes" tends to take more and more actual human intervention to keep them all running and to keep them all adapting.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
MakingBubbles

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Tiny BUBBLES

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:57:34 AM

One thing CPUs can do much better than GPUs is the kind of "mining" described at http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=cpu_mining

There are quite a few currencies and other assets that have been running along those lines for years now, as shown at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

Bear in mind that in addition to discouraging GPUs it is also necessary to make it hard for botnets to play too, otherwise instead of losing out to GPU farms ordinary users lose out to folks who run botnets.

Thus it is best for not only the code required to involve a whole lot of decisions and branches and different possibilities but also for there to be an advantage to users who are at their keybpard relatively frequently, so that trying to run hundreds or thousands of "mining processes" tends to take more and more actual human intervention to keep them all running and to keep them all adapting.

-MarkM-

thats another way to look at it i dont like the CoffeeMud tho.. what if central server gets dos'd i still think the answer lies in I/O overhead reducing gpu advantage.. it really is the bane of developing on a distributed system

*Link Removed*
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 09:39:50 AM

This is a friendly reminder that Suprnova's Axiom Pool is CLOSING - please STOP mining and withdraw your remaining funds !

thanks

Bump ... Still 17 miners left... Guys, please hop over to the remaining pools.

Thanks

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 10:04:03 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 11:47:49 PM by markm

-MarkM-

thats another way to look at it i dont like the CoffeeMud tho.. what if central server gets dos'd i still think the answer lies in I/O overhead reducing gpu advantage.. it really is the bane of developing on a distributed system

Well this is really just a method for distributing currencies/assets, not for securing blockchains.

Ideally there would not be one central MUD, rather all the various groups and nations and clans and organisations and so on would be spread out over gosh knows how many MUDs, the Brits distributing their United Kingdom Britcoins on one set of MUDs, the Canucks distributing their Canadian Digital Notes on another set and so on.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
JimmyRigs

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:07:32 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 12:04:38 AM by JimmyRigs

Where did all the network weight go? Seems like all of a sudden the network weight has disappeared not seeing anything moving on bittrex. Seems like someone finally stuck the fork in this one for good. Block count is off wallet says 144673 pool is at 144986. I'm getting a pos block about every minute.
Maybe not my other wallet synced no problem now just gotta see if my main wallet resyncs.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:09:55 AM

Where did all the network weight go? Seems like all of a sudden the network weight has disappeared not seeing anything moving on bittrex. Seems like someone finally stuck the fork in this one for good. Block count is off wallet says 144673 pool is at 144986. I'm getting a pos block about every minute.
Maybe not my other wallet synced no problem now just gotta see if my main wallet resyncs.

Yes, it appears that your wallet got off on it's own fork.
JimmyRigs

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:42:21 AM

All better now, almost shat myself. Should have gotten out of this coin a long time ago but said screw it lets go for broke, lol. Might not be worth crap but would rather not lose it all.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:37:08 PM

When shit appears to be shit just laugh Smiley

quantumgravity

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:29:55 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 02:46:29 PM by quantumgravity

keep on fudding guys. only a few days left before the devs silent game will be done and the HiPoS begins. Thanks for all the cheap coins people! This wallet stakes like a champ and is still very innovative. The wallet works great, the block reward schedule is novel and exciting. I guess a lot of this negativity is due to the fact that a lot of people bought the initial bittrex pump Sad Keep on dumping though, I could always use some more weight before the next 10,000 blocks are over and the real fun begins.

brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:32:48 PM

So the dev is gone and there have been no real updates from the Axiom team for about a month. Awesome. Time to exit while the coin is still over 1k sats lol

keep on fudding guys. only a few days left before the devs silent game will be done and the HiPoS begins. Thanks for all the cheap coins people! This wallet stakes like a champ and is still very innovative. The wallet works great, the block reward schedule is novel and exciting. I guess a lot of this negativity is due to the fact that a lot of people bought the initial bittrex pump Sad Keep on dumping though, I could always use some more weight before the next 10,000 blocks are over and the real fun begins.

Which one of your post should we believe? Neither? LOL
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 04:41:30 PM

thanks

Bump ... Still 17 miners left... Guys, please hop over to the remaining pools.

Thanks

Reminder... Shutting Pool down soon !

Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: