Print  
Author Topic: Closed  (Read 2017 times)
CryptyMike (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 127

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:39:13 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 06:11:51 PM by CryptyMike

Whats up with everyone chatting about XMR right now. I see more and more people speaking about it.

The price seems like a fine entry point, it isn't necessarily high considering it's history.

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:46:21 PM

Here is what happens.

Anti Monero trolls who hate Monero start making stupid "Monero is gonna take over the world"

lovable pro Monero trolls decide it's probably Darkcoin so they start anti Darkcoin threads

All Darkcoin people get pissed at Monero and start anti monero threads.

Random trolls get involved and create new accounts and post random shit with Monero in the title.

It's just this classic pissing contest that happens on occasion that has nothing to do with price. 
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:49:06 PM

Here is what happens.

Anti Monero trolls who hate Monero start making stupid "Monero is gonna take over the world"

lovable pro Monero trolls decide it's probably Darkcoin so they start anti Darkcoin threads

Random trolls get involved and create new accounts and post random shit with Monero in the title.

It's just this classic pissing contest that happens on occasion that has nothing to do with price. 

I get that part, but Monero has been around for few months now, why did it start now?

And, what are your thoughts?
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:52:34 PM

Monero has been around for a lot longer than that ... a year now maybe?

I like Monero - it's only one of two cryptos I'm interested in.  All of the trolling and drama you just gotta try to cut thru the shit.  Go read on the history of cryptonote, what the bitcoin devs have said about it then further specifically Monero.  It's all there - just dig a little and you'll understand why it's attracted the attention of some of the old players and developers.

Why it keeps attracting drama I'm not sure.  We have one of these "Lets see how many Monero posts we can get on the front page (Positive, negative, complaining about the number of posts, etc) every three months or so like clockwork.
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:59:44 PM

I like Monero - it's only one of two cryptos I'm interested in.  All of the trolling and drama you just gotta try to cut thru the shit.  Go read on the history of cryptonote, what the bitcoin devs have said about it then further specifically Monero.  It's all there - just dig a little and you'll understand why it's attracted the attention of some of the old players and developers.

Why it keeps attracting drama I'm not sure.  We have one of these "Lets see how many Monero posts we can get on the front page (Positive, negative, complaining about the number of posts, etc) every three months or so like clockwork.

Yeah, I've been in the crypto game for a long time, I know how to read the BS. Just found it random that now Monero is being posted everywhere. I actually like XMR. I have been all out of altcoins for a few months now, 100% BTC. Might break that up with some Monero though.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 05:05:05 PM

From what i see, anti Monero people are making countless hype threads to make it look bad in eyes of interested people

But negative publicity is also publicity
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:07:24 PM

Here is what happens.

Pretty much nailed it.
kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

Many people who hold XMR will claim that the rise in XMR spam is a result of trolls.

Personally I doubt that. I mean if that was really the case we'd see this kind of thing more often.

To me it seems this troll narrative being pushed forward is similar to the old arguments about Paycoin.

mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:31:17 PM

simple, i think that risto pay these people Roll Eyes
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:36:14 PM

Many people who hold XMR will claim that the rise in XMR spam is a result of trolls.

Personally I doubt that. I mean if that was really the case we'd see this kind of thing more often.

To me it seems this troll narrative being pushed forward is similar to the old arguments about Paycoin.

I think it's less malicious intent or "forum bullying by spam attacks".  People are just bored 'cuz not much is moving and they poke Monero for entertainment.
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:36:31 PM

simple, i think that risto pay these people Roll Eyes

I think this is possible, but who knows, maybe people are genuinely interested in the coin.  I don't see too much chat about it, but what I see tends to be positive.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:46:56 PM

Yeah, I've been in the crypto game for a long time, I know how to read the BS. Just found it random that now Monero is being posted everywhere. I actually like XMR. I have been all out of altcoins for a few months now, 100% BTC. Might break that up with some Monero though.

If you want to research Monero at Bitcointalk you can do that in 2 Threads.

Mainthread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

Speculation Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.4460

And if you like games this may also be interesting

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819073.0

To me it seems you are shilling as good as you can somewhere to up your post-count. Or where comes the urge to post in almost single Monero Fud Thread, but afaik i never seen you in the real ones?
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:03:39 PM

Not really, even Smooth the Monero developer is spamming this section with DASH hate thread!

& this is very possible when Monero started it website was in Blue/white with a Finnish flag guess who's from there Risto rpietila...they all claim Dash is shit but when you ask even Monero developer what did you bring to the table for Crypto beside cry"p"to about it in these forums and reddit yes that's right NOTHING. Yet they will hate on Shadow/DASH check Smooth's hype calls in OTHER Ann threads for Monero and how he and other Monero trolls downgrade other coins in their own ANN threads.

You have a dead ANN Monero thread with a dead Monero forum so theybvcome here hyping with nothing to offer they even hating on Byte and support Dashcoin with REAL money just because it's name is Dashcoin! check their thread and you will see Monero guys including Monero developer giving them 100's of Monero as a gift to support them somehow.

When you're family is poor the mother starts boiling hot water so the kids stop crying and go to sleep since there is no food, this is what's happening here with Monero with rpietila claiming he has big deals from Finland and Estonia while he only wants to hit it big again like he did in Bitcoin but wasted he's money in a house worth 1.1m Euro's and a fancy car.

Go get a GUI wallet working and stop the hate instead.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:04:42 PM

it isn't sudden, it's been there for a while
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:35:57 PM

I know, I remember when it came out. I just noticed it around the forums more as of late...I feel silly even creating this thread lol
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:43:25 PM

I know, I remember when it came out. I just noticed it around the forums more as of late...I feel silly even creating this thread lol
Oh, I meant the hype, not the coin.

It's been here since I first came to the forums early this year.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 08:07:51 PM

Database testing is going really well--this is what comes before the enterprise level GUI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_software

Crypto Kingdom is moving ahead and beta testing should begin soon: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819073.1580

Risto announced a Finish company will start a Monero investment fund: https://bitcointalk.org/index.phptopic=753252.msg11919024#msg11919024

Those are the big ones, but here is some other stuff: Community funded Developer (there are 29 Devs who have or are working on the coin, one commit happens to be from the current Bitcoin Lead Developer), Peter Todd had some nice things to say about Monero, XMRChina put up a countdown for 8/8 and promised something will happen then (won't give details other than it has to do with China), Chinese translation funded and complete, more translations in the works (Russian, Portuguese, Arabic) though I think those will wait until a few developer and user guides have been added to the main forum, I2p integration progressing nicely, open alias (a Monero innovation) added to electrum core, but i think those are what are driving the hype/hate circle.

kekek

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:57:33 PM

To me it seems you are shilling as good as you can somewhere to up your post-count. Or where comes the urge to post in almost single Monero Fud Thread, but afaik i never seen you in the real ones?

So now you're saying that there are real and fake Monero threads? Tongue

Yes it's true I do have a yobit link in my signature, but I'd still be posting in these threads whether or not I had it. Just figured that if I get the chance I  might as well get something out of posting here. (Personally I think yobit is kind of a shitty when compared to other exchanges)

Again I have seen similar arguments at hashtalk when I and many others were calling bullshit on Paycoin. The majority of people defending the coin would deflect conversation away from the coin itself and on to the poster who they disagree with.

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:15:59 PM

Exactly thats what im saying 98% of the community stay in there and discusses healthy... just watch where those others threads come from... people that don´t really have to say anything at all... you can watch their last posts by yourself.
kekek

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:22:08 PM

Exactly thats what im saying 98% of the community stay in there and discusses healthy... just watch where those others threads come from... people that don´t really have to say anything at all... you can watch their last posts by yourself.

Except I have, I addressed this in my first post in this thread. To think that people are trolling XMR by spamming threads is just plain stupid, and even if it was the case then that just brings up the question "Why doesn't this happen more often?"

I have looked through the post histories of the people starting threads. Majority typically have an invested interest in XMR, some have been following XMR for up to a year.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: