Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:26:50 AM

11 separate gold buys by different characters since the new 24/7 coinshop was announced less than 24 hours ago...

Shocked

One does not simply sell gold.

The following has been sent to 800 of my wealth management clients (translation is funny, yeah)
Now Silvervaultin killing operations are now under way and alkuhässäkästä have been overcome, it is time to think about a sequel. My professional interest in money and wealth management point has led to the 2005 decision to buy gold, 2006 silver (when I founded the placement of the first asset management company to silver facilitate, later in 2008 I started the quotations in Finland, 2009, EIH's that got removed from the VAT burden and 2010 Silver Bank), 2011 Bitcoins and 2014 monero. Hindsight we can say that we'd all be a lot richer if I had made the transition to the active silver Bitcoin already in 2011, and instead arranged for operating Silvervaultin you, dear customers, services, and opportunities to invest Bitcoin, and trade in them. In spring 2011, when the price of silver peaked and Silvervaultilla went well, Bitcoins received $ 1 each. Now the silver has fallen by 70%, and Bitcoin pay 300 USD.

I do not want to make the same mistake with monero. Monero (XMR) is cryptocurrency as Bitcoin (BTC). It is used in exactly the same way, ie through the accounts "purses", which can receive or have to send monero. Transfers pay only a few cents and go to your destination within minutes. The stock exchanges in active trading, which determines the rate of exchange in relation to Bitcoin, and thus in relation to any currency (because Bitcoin active trading in relation to currencies).

In order for any new cryptocurrency have a chance to rise in parallel with Bitcoin, it must provide a significant improvement, which is not upgradable with Bitcoin. Monero it is privacy: unlike Bitcoin, account balances, transfer amounts, senders and recipients are private. Bitcoin address disclosure (for example, the person from whom you expect performance) at the same time reveal all past and future events that are linked to the question. account. Monero it is not, but all transactions are only the account holder's knowledge. In ordinary bank accounts (or, for example Silvervaultissa) some people do not know balances, but the bank knows, and there is always the risk that the funds are frozen, because banks can not disobey the orders of public authorities. Monero can not freeze, because there is no "bank"; a system rotates on a peer to peer.

My vision placement of assets in these uncertain times is such that no object is not sure, but every asset, there are risks and developments, in which case the value of the collapse, or it becomes unusable, or worthless, or forfeited without compensation. So I think it makes sense to invest in such a way that no individual items befall misfortune, does not bring ruin. For example, the paper money may lose its value by hyperinflation, or banks can seize your account, gold or silver may suffer from the collapse or its use may be illegal, kryptovaluutoista can be found in a catastrophic bug, or similar Mt.Gox fraud can reset your account in a single stock exchange service. However, the probability that all of these take place at the same time, is negligible. By diversifying to all of these, and in addition (financial situation permitting) the company assets, shares, land, etc., Is in a better position than where if you put all your eggs in one basket, no matter how trying to choose one that is as safe as possible. Thus I have worked, and I want to continue in the field, helping others to do the same.

When I chose my new business monero, was the basis for the selection of a service offering that does not yet exist. Gold and silver are selling other shops, banks have their own service offering, real estate brokers, even buying bitcoin euro is now a jiffy. Monero is still small, the future of thing, with awareness-raising, community strengthening and provision of services is also key for the currency grows and becomes more and more useful. Kryptovaluuttojen The basic idea is that the total number of currency units is known and it can not be added according to demand. Instead, the currency value will change if the number of users increases or decreases. Monero are just a few of thousands of users, because the data revolutionary feature in relation to Bitcoin is not yet widespread. One monero price is less than a dollar, the same as bitcoin when had already seen what would happen, but knowledge and belief had not yet reached their culmination. (Monero, there are about the same as Bitcoins, a comparison is possible directly on the unit price.)

Despite the long opening I don't invite to invest significant amounts of money in it. (Those with good memory may remember that I said the same on bitcoin in October 2012 price of about $ 10.) If the project succeeds, this increase is in any case so great that even a small investment to produce massively. The probability that the project is not successful, and all the money goes, it is also high, meaning that all investments you should mentally look at the losing bets already at the time of purchase (cf.. Lotto coupon, the purchase price is an expense, in which case all the profits is a plus). Currently monero can be purchased with Bitcoin at Poloniex.com named the stock exchange without the lower limit, and when HH the service opens, one-time investment can be 1.000 to 50.000 €.

In summary - I support a very broad diversification among various asset classes, and I intend to focus on providing services related to monero. I spend a couple of weeks in Finland in early September, and I open my old address trade Pursimiehenkatu 15, where you can buy and sell gold, silver, currencies and Bitcoins monero. I know that many people would like to do business but I have not had time for years to keep it open. (Inform you about this later.)

Unwieldy to my projects in recent months has been operating the Crypto Kingdom -multiplayer. We are about 9 months developed a playing surface, and at the same time acquired the first of about 120 playable characters, with the actual virtual world launched in the coming weeks. Game management structure based on self-government, ie it is not a game company, but the profits are distributed to shareholders internally in the game (game characters own all of it, and the share is 24/7 internal market and market-making). The platform is crowdfunding-financed without outside money. The game uses monero as a currency. More broadly, will also like info about then when we have all the materials, the game is playable, and the masses already know about it. However, some may be interested in diversify Again, the direction now, and once the stock market works, so I can pass the size of the investment of EUR 500-1000 per interested person. Not less because I do not have time. No more, because the game is so small that it makes no sense to sow it money. If it grows Clash of Clansin size, now made an investment of € 1000 becomes 10 million (calculated Supercell and CK ratio of the market value).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:32:59 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 03:08:32 PM by rpietila

Gold price since the beginning in XMR,BTC,USD,EUR

[data is on Character DB / gold_history tab]

Our beloved gold is behaving like a cryptocurrency pricewise. Abrupt multiplications of price are followed by flashcrashes and then new base prices at higher levels. Interesting to see how the launch of V.4 affects the pattern now as we already have a 24/7 ingame exchange for gold, and Poloniex is still on track to open theirs after V.4 is playable online.

Despite a new record price in moneretos (570k), we are still long behind the ATH in bitcoins, and barely above the initial October-2014 spike in fiat terms.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 04:22:50 PM

It is exciting to note that the official unit of wealth (CKG, or Crypto Kingdom Gold) in Crypto Kingdom hit an ATH of 758,000 moneritos (0.758 XMR) just now!

We are on our way to parity with XMR!!

medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:12:01 PM

sorry but how can i trade? i allready have moneritos and gold too

XMR Monero
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:19:50 PM

Just PM me! I can handle the trade for you.

In the future, if I'm not around you can just ask for any admin here or on ##crypto-kingdom IRC

medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:34:31 PM

ok, thank you. its good to see the game come back to life, great job!!
cant wait for the playable version. if you need help testing you can write me a pm

XMR Monero
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:36:17 PM

In the future, if I'm not around you can just ask for any admin here or on ##crypto-kingdom IRC

The following Admins can be reached here via PM and can handle requests:

saddambitcoin
djjacket
sphericon
Roopatra

##crypto-kingdom
IRC on freenode is the quickest and easiest way to quickly find an admin to help you with any trades.

https://webchat.freenode.net/
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 06:54:05 PM

Game currencies do some weird ups and downs.

I never would have dreamed, back when the bitcoin and the martian botcoin were at parity at $5 each and united kingdom britcoin, canadian digital notes, united nations scrip and such were only $1, that they would ever surpass bitcoin. Yet they did, staggeringly so.

I wish the GNUplot plots Ubuntu makes worked (they worked fine back when Fedora was making them) so you could see easily by using the plot pages, but the raw data is in the tables:

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

Take a look at Asset values expressed in bitcoins: http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/inbtc.html

Scroll down to March of 2014. Totally batshit insane.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:20:38 PM

Whats this all about
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:31:29 PM

Whats this all about

Check the 1st post for information.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:15:59 AM

I never would have dreamed, back when the bitcoin and the martian botcoin were at parity at $5 each and united kingdom britcoin, canadian digital notes, united nations scrip and such were only $1, that they would ever surpass bitcoin. Yet they did, staggeringly so.

I wish the GNUplot plots Ubuntu makes worked (they worked fine back when Fedora was making them) so you could see easily by using the plot pages, but the raw data is in the tables:

Take a look at Asset values expressed in bitcoins: http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/inbtc.html

-MarkM-

That is rather fascinating. What are the money supplies for these game currencies?

CKG has only 1 million units so it could surpass 1 XMR (or even BTC for that matter) with a smaller market cap.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:59:49 AM

wow I just scrolled through the first column. That is insane!

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 11:05:28 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 11:22:08 AM by markm

-MarkM-

That is rather fascinating. What are the money supplies for these game currencies?

CKG has only 1 million units so it could surpass 1 XMR (or even BTC for that matter) with a smaller market cap.

They are bitcoin clones. That is, twenty one million coins each.

Oh except for bitNicKeLs (NKL), which have 20 times that many coins, which was intended to make them worth 1/20th of what the others were worth. At least initially at startup.

When first they came to me about making coins for them I simply hacked at the -testnet part of the bitcoin code, so that for each nation there was a bitcoin client whose "testnet" switch made it use that nation's blockchain instead of bitcoin's testnet blockchain, so that they could use bitcoins and their national/company coin with the same client. (This was way back in the beginning, even before namecoin maybe. Before merged mining came along too of course. It was what I learned of the code doing this stuff that led to Unthinkingbit hiring me to help him figure out how to create DeVCoin.)

The massive problem with Proof of Work blockchains though is they are insanely expensive to secure. If any enemy had discovered their handshake bytes (magic bytes) and port number to connect to, they could have been attacked by anyone with more computer power.

In the game of course we can simply stipulate that only the hypothetical "Ancients" (represented in off the shelf Freeciv software by the Antarcticans) and the Hackers (from whom the Martians claimed to have obtained blockchain technology) are likely to be able to out-compute the Martians, who quite likely could out-compute even a combined alliance of the Brits and Canucks. But of course since the national currency of the Hackers is bitcoin, of course the bitcoin miners could out-compute the miners of any of these game-currencies. Even if we can get them to be merged-mined, the bitcoin miners have more hashing power than the most-hashed merged mined coin (namecoin) and a heck of a lot more than a less-commonly-merged-mined coin such as I0Coin. So I do not think we can reasonably expect to be able to secure these national/company coins by proof of work mining. Plus, of course, they already mined all their coins long ago. (The Martians developed warp drive centuries ago, it has been more than 140 years since their blockchain started.) So no minting to pay miners.

Now that things like NXT are coming along though, maybe the nations and multigalactics will be able to create such a network of their own, purely for game-asset purposes, on which to run all these game-coins as assets...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:57:13 AM

-MarkM-

They are bitcoin clones. That is, twenty one million coins each.

Oh except for bitNicKeLs (NKL), which have 20 times that many coins, which was intended to make them worth 1/20th of what the others were worth. At least initially at startup.

When first they came to me about making coins for them I simply hacked at the -testnet part of the bitcoin code, so that for each nation there was a bitcoin client whose "testnet" switch made it use that nation's blockchain instead of bitcoin's testnet blockchain, so that they could use bitcoins and their national/company coin with the same client. (This was way back in the beginning, even before namecoin maybe. Before merged mining came along too of course. It was what I learned of the code doing this stuff that led to Unthinkingbit hiring me to help him figure out how to create DeVCoin.)

The massive problem with Proof of Work blockchains though is they are insanely expensive to secure. If any enemy had discovered their handshake bytes (magic bytes) and port number to connect to, they could have been attacked by anyone with more computer power.

In the game of course we can simply stipulate that only the hypothetical "Ancients" (represented in off the shelf Freeciv software by the Antarcticans) and the Hackers (from whom the Martians claimed to have obtained blockchain technology) are likely to be able to out-compute the Martians, who quite likely could out-compute even a combined alliance of the Brits and Canucks. But of course since the national currency of the Hackers is bitcoin, of course the bitcoin miners could out-compute the miners of any of these game-currencies. Even if we can get them to be merged-mined, the bitcoin miners have more hashing power than the most-hashed merged mined coin (namecoin) and a heck of a lot more than a less-commonly-merged-mined coin such as I0Coin. So I do not think we can reasonably expect to be able to secure these national/company coins by proof of work mining. Plus, of course, they already mined all their coins long ago. (The Martians developed warp drive centuries ago, it has been more than 140 years since their blockchain started.) So no minting to pay miners.

Now that things like NXT are coming along though, maybe the nations and multigalactics will be able to create such a network of their own, purely for game-asset purposes, on which to run all these game-coins as assets...

-MarkM-

Can you give a simple explanation of what these things are? I clicked the link and read the wiki a bit, and still had absolutely 0 understanding of what it is. I've played battle of wesnoth when I was 12, apparently its a part of this universe? How are the games interrelated? How are these currencies obtained? Used? etc.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 12:29:14 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 12:40:55 PM by markm

Can you give a simple explanation of what these things are? I clicked the link and read the wiki a bit, and still had absolutely 0 understanding of what it is. I've played battle of wesnoth when I was 12, apparently its a part of this universe? How are the games interrelated? How are these currencies obtained? Used? etc.

That heads rapidly off topic I suspect.

But to try to stay on topic, suppose Crypto Kingdom were to position itself, or be positioned, within the Galactic Milieu metagame framework:

Battle for Wesnoth would be used to create playable historical dramas, holo-docu-dramas as it were (except that here on the planet known as Earth we have no holobarracks yet), since currently Battle for Wesnoth is basically a computer-aided-learning type of tool, a tool for presenting media mediated by multiple-choice questions, but with the ability to insert game scenarios so some of the multiple choices can be things like "did you win the scenario" and suchlike choices. (It can also be thought of as a storyboarding tool, a tool authors can use to create interactive storyboards for potential moviemakers / holodrama makes to get the gist of the plot and characters and alternative plotlines and the decision points and such.)

For example the story of how Crypto Kingdom came to be could be documented as a Battle for Wesnoth campaign. For the entertaining game/battle scenarios that help draw readers through the educational spiels you could maybe make some fun little games where various Cryptonote coins recruit spammers, trolls and suchlike "units" to battle for the altcoin section, or whatever. The real purpose of the battles, since the player has to win them to continue through the campaign aka to continue through the educational material / story / documentary, is to punctuate the lecturing with recess breaks intended to be fun, or, in the case of hard-fought battles, to provide the student aka player with a hands-on "feel" for how hard a battle it was, how unlikely it was that the heroes managed to come through and create history-as-we-know-it.

As to how coins come into existence, how you obtain them and such, that naturally varies. Crypto Kingdom uses Monero and Crypto Kingdom Gold. Where do they come from? How are they obtained? The Galactic Milieu does not prescribe such things, rather one should get involved in the Crypto Kingdom itself, or investigate it, to learn such things. Thus, similarly, if you want to know about Martian BotCoin, go ask the Martians. Oh you don't know any Martians? Well what planets do you have characters on, do any of the civilisations on that planet have contact with Martians? If not maybe you could have your civilisation build SETI city-improvements, or send out exploratory starships? Or maybe there is someplace you could create a character that would have more chance of discovering such things, hmm, I wonder how a player gets to have a character who is a Martian?

Well how does a player get to have a character who is an inhabitant of or expatriate of Crypto Kingdom? Can a player become an inhabitant or expatriate of various other civilisations via that same method, or does that method only result in Crypto Kingdom characters? (Are there neighboring Kingdoms one could obtain a character in? Are there portals supporting creating characters in a wider selection of kingdoms / games / civilisations / etc? Has anyone built a Starport in Crypto Kingdom yet? Would building one be feasible to you using your existing Crypto Kingdom character(s) and resources? Etc...)

Really, part of the Alternate Reality Gaming background in which this all can be viewed kind of serves to help keep games for gamers, so that the principle shareholders, stakeholders and such controlling the physical platforms on which games are played, the servers that serve them and so on, can be the players themselves, not just a bunch of corporations and suits that don't even play the damn games! Smiley

So discovering how to get to play various parts of gaming is part of the whole gaming process, the process of being/becoming a gamer, of having characters in games, who can learn from other characters in games of other games those characters can migrate to or themselves create characters in and so on...

If you install a Crossfire RPG client, for example, you might find that CrossCiv.no-ip.org is not shown on their list of gameservers (not sure why that happens but it lately always seems to have happened), but nonetheless if you tell the client to connect to CrossCiv.no-ip.org the resulting rabbithole is said to be one of the rabbitholes into the whole Galactic Milieu metagame framework...

EDIT: Oh one more thing of course: is Crypto Kingdom free open source? One limitation that Galactic Milieu does kind of have is that it is kind of intended to be Free Open Source and constructed out of / embedded with Free Open Source components and subgames and such. If you are Free Open Source then cool, I wonder what galaxy you might be in, and on which planet of that galaxy? If you are on a planet at all, that is...

-MarkM-

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:37:25 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 01:55:33 PM by rpietila

The Villa Rotonda School of Economics (estd 1525 to commemorate the quasquicentennial jubilee of His Majesty's reign, to be the seat of the highest learning in Economics)

Research paper #28

Economics pertaining to monetary and pseudomonetary assets in the Kingdom

The promulgation of the agreement concerning the perpetual 24/7 ingame XMR/CKG exchange has opened up the avenues for some deeper thinking on the subjects at hand.

The relation between gold in the Coinshop's vault and the price of gold in the coinshop is expressed with an exponential function having the ascent of 2.5% per 1,000 CKG. Thus every 1,000 CKG bought from the Coinshop increases the price by 2.5%, and every 1,000 CKG sold to the Coinshop decreases it equally.

In terms of market maker supply/demand price inelasticity or wealth effect, defined as the ratio of "market cap increase"/"amount of new money invested", the Coinshop acting alone has a coefficient of 24.4 (or its inverse of 4.1%), which is constant over the whole price range. Regardless of market cap, 4.1% of it is deposited in the King's Coinshop monereto account. As the coinshop sells gold, the proceeds of the sale accumulate to the account. The buyback of gold depletes the account but the ratio to marketcap is always the same, because the sale also decreases the price and thus marketcap.

The King's Coinshop acts as a huge flywheel providing liquidity regardless of the price, and caps irrational exuberance. Very high wealth effect coefficients are typical in cryptocurrency blowoff tops where the marketcap can double with scarcely any volume and then go bust typically with higher but nevertheless small volume considering the magnitude of the move. The wealth effect here can never be higher than 24.4, providing much comfort to gamers, investors and speculators alike - the rise in price cannot happen unfounded, without reason, as it always requires actual new money invested in CKG. The market can never go to "no bid", which does happen to fiat world markets occasionally, eg. in 2008 despite all the central banks did, some assets could not be valued due to nobody willing to bid.

In practice, the other characters sell to offset the rising price from the net new demand. For example, from the time the Coinshop redefined its mission 2 days ago, until now, the client sales have been 24.5% of the buys. This corresponds to 18.4 wealth effect coefficient (multiplier). In the longer term such as all the history of CK, the coefficient has been observed to be near 10 - corresponding here to the result that of net demand over a longer period, about 40% would be satisfied from the Coinshop net selling and 60% would be other characters selling. This is very close to the gold ownership distribution with the King owning about 47% and others 53%. If the King transacts with his own Coinshop, it will happen on market terms, and the reasons for doing so may range from cash flow needs to speculation, and all such transactions are recorded in T_MON and T_GOLD as normal.

It may sound flimsy that "only" 4.1% of the market cap is deposited in the King's Coinshop to cushion the events that the players want to sell gold. Here it is good to remember that the King owns half of the gold, so in relation to the actual gold circulating among the characters, the figure is double. Also the balance of the King's Coinshop account, currently 29,800 million, is almost double the monero balances of all (non-King,non-Town,non-system) other characters combined (15,600 million). If the characters collectively decided to double their monereto balances solely by selling CKG, it could be achieved by selling 30,000 CKG and netting 15,600 million. The gold price would sink to 350,000 m in the process, which hardly even matters. Another way to put it into perspective is to compare with the XMR/BTC market in Poloniex, or BTC/USD market in Bitstamp. 6% of the circulation of XMR would amount to 500k XMR, and of BTC to BTC900k. Both are amounts that simply cannot be sold in their most liquid markets even to all the other participants in the orderbook. So in light of the numbers, the reality is that the backing for the CKG/XMR market is massive.

It is intriguing to explore the relation of XMR supply/demand vs. CKG in light of this new balancing vehicle. It is evident that the mechanism is "backing" CKG, as it is always possible to exchange it for XMR and it cannot go to zero. What is not evident at first, is that as long as CK is alive, the mechanism ensures that XMR can never go to zero either. Why? Because if gold has any value, and XMR is "backed" by CKG at a variable price via the mechanism above (we promise that XMR can always be converted to moneretos, which can always be used to buy gold, which has some value in USD if the game is alive), in the end all the XMR can end up in CK treasury account, the corresponding moneretos in the King's Coinshop account, and the King is still not out of gold! The point where 18.4 million XMR must have been used to buy gold, corresponds to -73,000 CKG in the coinshop - so the King must restock some from his personal stash - and to the gold price of 449 XMR/CKG. It is obviously unlikely that this would happen in the context that XMR had any usage or value out-of-game. But if it does not, this ensures that it has value.

The treasurer has affirmed that he has 100% of the total of circulating monereto balances covered by XMR in a cold wallet. Even as the situation in the previous paragraph is likely not becoming true, it is nevertheless good to understand that even a slight increased interest in the game, such as the reaching of 1 million USD marketcap, which is in the bottom range of noteworthy projects, according to the formulas mentioned above, must accompany a 45,000 XMR influx to the game, and this money will just permanently stay there, guaranteeing that the gold can be sold at will by the characters. The amount is more than 0.5% of the total XMR in existence and withholding it permanently from the market is likely to be observable in the charts. We exhort to consider the interrelations presented more deeply to achieve a practical understanding, which will also enable profitable speculation in the USD, BTC, XMR, CKG and land markets.

Until now we have not enabled withdrawals from the game account. The recent agreements in the Town Council include the paragraph affirming the decision that the monereto balances are the highest priority to be paid back to the players in the event of the game closing permanently. There have been talks that Poloniex could act as the XMR/CKG market out-of-game, enabling outside investors and also making it possible for the players to export value in the form of CKG out of the game. If no repatriation of value is possible, the prospects of speculation are greatly hindered because people think twice what is the point in acquiring an interesting asset if the gains cannot be cashed out. The Town Council is exhorted to consider enabling them, as also the treasurer raised no objections on the practicalities. This could happen without further delay, and when the V.4 is released and the Poloniex deal takes effect, continuing the practice would be reconsidered. In the longer term in future versions, the player account would include an onchain, offline wallet for larger balances and an offchain, centralized account for gameplay and instant no-fee transactions between players.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 12:53:02 PM

Your thinking seems in some useful / important ways similar to that of the folks who had me create national / company currencies for them. Good. Smiley

For example you back your currencies.

They from the get-go said the problem with bitcoin was the miners do not stand prepared to buy back the bitcoins they sold.

They claimed that a currency ought to be backed, not just spewed out aka minted by irresponsible parties who have no intention of buying it back.

Their whole expectation of being able to make their currencies work was based on kind of regarding the coins as IOUs in a sense: each coin they had not yet bought back would represent some kind of obligation, if only in their own minds. They always apparently intended to be buyers of their own coins as a major part of how their coins would come to have value.

-MarkM-

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:06:48 PM

That somebody is ready to tie up the huge resources that are needed to back this kind of system, essentially guaranteeing to buy either all the XMR that ever exist, or all the CKG, without the possibility to spend the proceeds of either, requires quite much trust that both are worth something, because otherwise it would end in a massive loss when one becomes worthless.

I am happy to see that the markets have appreciated the system becoming operational:

- CKG/XMR has risen about 40%
- XMR/BTC has risen about 1.5%
- BTC/USD has lost ground -2.5%

robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:08:50 PM

So is this whole "Rich guys arcade game" shebang still in a spreadsheet??? 
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:42:28 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 03:38:48 PM by rpietila

Since the valuation history of the game is now mapped in irrefutable accuracy and expressed in XMR, BTC, USD and EUR (Char DB / gold_history tab), it became interesting to see when the game has been worth the least?

The answer is 1520, the fateful year of Trust in Economy, the last attempt to keep Crypto Kingdom alive. If you want to go back in history to the year, here is a link. (In Earth time, it was December 9th, 2014, a few days after the Online Version 1 deadline.)

In EUR terms, the CKG was priced at 0.026. The current price of 0.381 (+1,365%) indicates that Trusting in Economy was the right decision!

Congratulations to the winners! Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: