Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 08:05:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: paper bitcoins coming soon  (Read 7676 times)
rchapoteau

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 01:34:09 PM

At first I was down on the idea right off the bat, but  then I started thinking about it, and the problems I had during hurricane Sandy.  A digital currency is only good as long as you have power.   There were a few stores that didn't have power that would take physical money, but couldn't do credit cards or anything else.  I guess cash is still king.
JohnGalt

Activity: 249
Merit: 114

Who is John Galt?

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 11:10:30 PM

I don't think that paper bitcoins is a nice idea. The main attraction of bitcoin, at least for me, is that it is a digital currency with all the convenience, anonymity and of course risks that this provides.

I print bills funded with small amounts and hand them out to people. Lots of people have heard about bitcoin, but they view it as abstract or intangible until they can hold something in their hands.

Trade physical bitcoins: Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles
My signing address: 19mzFU4zFrZHkAkHSUta6LapJ6fTFJyhiH
DaviBarker

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 06:38:55 AM

I recently got my first paper bitcoins. I'm not sure where to spend them exactly sure where to spend them, but they're pretty enough I think I'll just hide them away.
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 07:33:01 AM

My question is why would anyone want paper bitcoins?

For all of the same reasons you keep cash in your wallet, but with bitcoins instead of dollars (or whatever).

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: