Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:37:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  (Read 30577 times)
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:57:47 AM

I have used Bitcoin to buy some miners and to tip. other than that I've just used it to gamble.
I just don't spend more BTC because I want to hold as much as I can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:14:11 AM

It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

This is my first time to use BTC as real money buying a real physical goods. 

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

I paid 0.1BTC to my classmate for her photo.  Grin Grin Grin 

Haha, that's kinda creepy!

I bought a couples of things, tigerdirect takes BTC so its pretty convenient.
My first direct purchase was USB keys and Ethernet cable for my GPU rigs and other miners Cheesy

I can also pay my bills or credit card so with, in a sense, i can buy almost anything with BTC Smiley

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
b-trading

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:21:01 AM

I have bought a domain name an a web server with bitcoin..never using bitcoin as a payment for a real goods
MisterMoney

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:51:42 AM

So far never, I'm looking for a coffee shop that can accept bitcoin, but not found any at the local area so far.
Trader8055

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:00:07 AM

No I haven't dude.
I'm new in bitcoin and I don't know how to buy things by bitcoin.. And as I know in my country I can't buying things with bitcoin
the same
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 07:04:12 AM

Currently the local stores where I live don't accept Bitcoins, neither does online stores but I did bought some computer parts from a store indirectly, I paid the person in Bitcoin and he bought some stuff for me but I don't think that counts, that's almost like exchanging bitcoins for cash.

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:11:20 AM

Yes, I do groceries with Bitcoin. I go out for diner or the pub, and pay with Bitcoin. I pay for physical products and 'real' services weekly with Bitcoin!
Really? Do they accept Bitcoin or are you doing that with a Bitcoin Debit Card like Bit-x?
No cheating by means of bitcon dedit cards. I mean actual, authentic, real Bitcoin payments.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Nothingboy

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:42:20 AM

It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

It's so funny, did she become your girlfriend?   Shocked Grin
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:52:22 AM

It's so funny, did she become your girlfriend?   Shocked Grin
No, she did become his fap-material Wink

As far as I see, nobody has mentioned purse yet. I used it many times to buy physical goods, and I can recommend it to everybody, since you easily get 20% discount.

I also bought some raspberry pi equipment with BTC and there is a beer bar in Vienna, where you can pay with Bitcoin.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:53:22 AM

Yes I did, many times. Last thing that I bought witj bitcoins were plane tickets for my vacation using cheapair.com

This is exactly what we need to do more, spend bitcoins, make transactions etc. In order for this to take off as it should.
g1974ak

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:56:19 AM

I had never used bitcoins to buy something real. I believe in bitcoin and seems lost of possibilities to use them in buying something real. I think only to increase the number of those even this is hard. Needed money to buy and the money cannot be founded easily.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:00:21 AM

Real/physical good not but I used bitcoin ti buy other things online. For example i bought mining power in cloudminr.io. Si it was a spent of bitcoin but not for the real things. I don't know if this can be counted as an expense but in real it is. My bitcoin are gone from my wallet (and was gone forever because cloudminr.io scammed and I lost that bitcoins).
notiely

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:20:36 AM

I bought a domain using bitcoin last week, but haven't tried to buy something face to face with bitcoin.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:21:35 AM

If PC Games count as real things than yeah, I've actually only bought a couple steam games with btc so far. Tongue
kvlolo

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:39:55 AM

I bought some stuff on NewEgg with Bitcoin. It was ok, but not necessarily too different than ordering the traditional way. I guess if you didn't have a credit card or bank account it would make this more attractive as you could still order online.

The one thing I noticed and did not like was the fact that by paying with bitcoin you basically give up any return rights. The best you can hope for it a NewEgg gift card, where you would need to buy something else from NewEgg. I suppose you could possibly sell it to someone else in order to get your Bitcoin or cash back, but this would be an additional hassle and you would probably have to sell if for a slight loss. i.e. $200 gift card for $175. I assume this is probably due to them using Bitpay as their processor, so they are not handling Bitcoin directly.

While it is great to see merchants accepting Bitcoin, until it becomes a true two-way currency I see it continuing to having an uphill battle with mainstream adoption. Once you can get your Bitcoin refunded I think the game will change.

NewEgg accept bitcoin? NewEgg China or NewEgg International?

I'm looking for the best way to keep my bitcoins growing.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:37:10 AM

I bought a phone from some one with Bitcoin. That's the only physical item I ever bought with Bitcoin.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:45:30 AM

If PC Games count as real things than yeah, I've actually only bought a couple steam games with btc so far. Tongue
I think, no. Because it's a digital goods not a real goods, unless you buy a physical Disc of the game Grin

faucet used to be profitable
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:50:04 AM

I bought a couple of rounds of beer recently in Berlin - I finally bought something useful with Bitcoin!

Here in the Netherlands there are quite some shops where you can buy stuff with Bitcoin, and also quite a few were you can buy stuff with NLG, usually the same shops. See https://guldencoin.com/nl/betalen-met-guldens. Amongst others Thsuibezorgd.nl, the most popular delivery service for food at home, accepts BTC and NLG.

By the way, the NLG-team developed a plugin for Chrome and Firefox that you can use to easily pay with Bitcoin or NLG, it creates an extra icon besides any valid address that you can click, for example the addresses that users on this forum sometimes have in their signature, see https://nocks.nl/tools/nimble

=P
Metadextrous

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:50:41 AM

No, i haven't. The price i have to pay to ship those physical things overcome the price of the actual thing i want to buy so i haven't use my bitcoin to buy anything. The local retailers also haven't accept bitcoins as a method of payment
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:11:40 PM

Check her balance? if she has hundreds of coins she could be Wife material.    Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: