Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:26:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  (Read 30577 times)
iram91445

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:28:34 PM

yes i used bitcoins to buy some stuff, i remember buying a watch from ebay as i contacted the seller and he let me to go with bitcoins as i said its the only way i can pay for him

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oni.saori

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:30:57 PM

No Not Directly But i Got to exchange it and and convert into local currency and then i shop for physical products. But If i say Digital Products My all deals are Done only with Bitcoins
investspot (OP)

Activity: 182

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 12:34:23 PM

How much bitcoins does a cake shop lady have?

I don't know, I guess maybe some dozens or some hundreds.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 04:25:09 PM

Well my country has banned bitcoin trading and since the technological sense is pretty much at zero, I don't see any chance of using my coins at a local store.

afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:48:43 PM

No, i haven't traded goods with bitcoin. There are no many services accept bitcoin right now, also government banned bitcoin for local store transaction, so i must convert my bitcoin to fiat.
I E

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

💎 💎 💎 💎 💎

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:52:11 PM

No i love Bitcoin so much that i do not want to spend it on something that won't make my Bitcoin balance grow.

Let me know if you want to earn BTC.
Jorge320

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:58:59 AM

Really cool story!  No real world purchases, only online.  I am moving in the next few weeks and have already identified a few brick and mortar places that accept that I would like to try out.  I will definitely remember this story and see about convincing some small business adoptors.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:18:51 AM

Back in the GPU mining days I bought some used GPU cards for BTC from another forum member and the face-to-face exchange happened at a train station. Does that count?
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:43:04 AM

In North America there are many privately owned Businesses that accept Bitcoin. Mostly Mom & Pop shops that can flexibly take in numerous payment methods without having to go through a pain. I would see it being more beneficial than going through and accepting Credit/Debit cards as the processing fees to a smaller scale business come in as rather unnecessary. I've personally seen a few food trucks that accept Bitcoin. Compliments paying with cash and substitutes credit cards.
investspot (OP)

Activity: 182

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 03:01:11 AM

Check her balance? if she has hundreds of coins she could be Wife material.    Grin

Haha, wife material.   Roll Eyes I have to say that she's an attractive lady.    I noted her balance's not much, but her total received is big, nearly a thousand.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 04:33:12 AM

I've used Bitcoin for all sorts of real/physical goods.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:22:44 AM

Does online shopping that directly accepts BTC as their main payment method will be count? If yes, then i'v bought several items from https://pesobang.com/  Cheesy

~Rude Boy  Kiss
gugo

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:43:29 AM

I haven't so far. I wanna try later.
Jace

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:04:52 PM

If you want to be truly amazed by the amount of physical goods and IRL services you can pay for with Bitcoin, come and visit Arnhem in the The Netherlands (close to the German border, approximately 1 hour from Amsterdam).

There's all kinds of business accepting Bitcoin here: book stores, hairdressers, clothing stores, computer stores, car companies, bed & breakfast, a shoemaker, diving shop, massage salon, gift shop, dentist, bowling center, hotel, supermarket, bike shops, and loads of restaurants, bars, pubs, coffee shops and lunchrooms.

Arnhem has the highest concentration of Bitcoin-accepting merchants worldwide, making it the most Bitcoin-friendly city in the world (also according to this article). See also this report from someone spending a weekend here in Arnhem, living entirely on Bitcoin.

Seriously, if you want to experience how far Bitcoin mainstream acceptance has come already, visit Arnhem and you will be surprised.

Feel free to send your life savings to 1JhrfA12dBMUhcgh85wYan6HL2uLQdB6z9
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:03:41 PM

No, i haven't traded goods with bitcoin. There are no many services accept bitcoin right now, also government banned bitcoin for local store transaction, so i must convert my bitcoin to fiat.

Which country you from? As same is the situation in my country, I haven't found a single store that is accepting bitcoins as a mode of payment. And It would take a long time it to happen in my country. I have made many online purchase but yes, I never bought any physical goods using bitcoins as it is not in use in my country. Very Sad.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:26:38 PM

One thing I can add here is that when bitcoin was at 1500$, I definitely spent quite a bit on drinks and food and physical items.  Now that bitcoin has shrunk back down to 300$, I'm basically holding it.  I just can't stand the site of so much btc disappearing per beer.  It has a lot to do with the psychology of it.  Because I was able to get a whole meal for me and a friend and a few beers 0.05 BTC back in the day, it just feels too painful to spend that much on a pair of drinks nowadays.
Jace

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:52:13 AM

One thing I can add here is that when bitcoin was at 1500$, I definitely spent quite a bit on drinks and food and physical items.  Now that bitcoin has shrunk back down to 300$, I'm basically holding it.  I just can't stand the site of so much btc disappearing per beer.  It has a lot to do with the psychology of it.  Because I was able to get a whole meal for me and a friend and a few beers 0.05 BTC back in the day, it just feels too painful to spend that much on a pair of drinks nowadays.

This psychology is really a huge mistake.

Please let me copy an earlier reply to a similar statement:

(people advocating hodling, as if spending them would cost 'too much bitcoins')

No, no, NO! As a strong bullish long-term Bitcoin believer, I completely disagree  Angry

Even if you consider your bitcoins as long term investment, rather than spending money - what do you think will help raising the value of your precious bitcoins more:

• 1. Hodling your bitcoins and spending USD, thus only stimulating the USD economy

or

• 2. Spending your bitcoins, thus stimulating the BTC economy, and immediately buying back new bitcoins (on exchange or circle or whatever), thus increasing demand for Bitcoin on the market.

Notice that the end result is the same: you essentially purchased some stuff, lost some USD, and kept your BTC. But with option nr. 2, you're actively helping to raise the Bitcoin price level on two ends: Bitcoin economy AND market demand. I really don't understand why even the most fanatic Bitcoin owners don't seem to get this Undecided

Especially if you're a Bitcoin fan, believer, enthusiast, investor, or hodler, SPEND THEM! (And immediately refill your stash of bitcoins by buying new ones with fiat)

By just sitting on your coins, instead of using them, Bitcoin won't grow! Spend them, and buy back at the same time.

If you are concerned about the 0.2% exchange fee that this will cost you: think how utterly significant this is when Bitcoin rises a few hundred % in value.

Feel free to send your life savings to 1JhrfA12dBMUhcgh85wYan6HL2uLQdB6z9
momore

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:40:20 AM

It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

This is my first time to use BTC as real money buying a real physical goods. 

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

I paid 0.1BTC to my classmate for her photo.  Grin Grin Grin 

It's so funny, did she become your girlfriend?   Shocked Grin
No, she did become his fap-material Wink

As far as I see, nobody has mentioned purse yet. I used it many times to buy physical goods, and I can recommend it to everybody, since you easily get 20% discount.

I also bought some raspberry pi equipment with BTC and there is a beer bar in Vienna, where you can pay with Bitcoin.

No, but I have to say that she's a hot girl, very hot.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 06:15:10 AM

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

Money is real online just as much as it is face-to-face.

Cool story, I'm glad bitcoin provided another example of convenience for all of us to share.

Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:18:46 AM

Not till today.. 99.99% of people of my country haven't even heard of Bitcoin and i have never met the rest 0.01% :3
And yes Bitcoin is "illegal" in our country :3

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: