Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:25:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  (Read 30584 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:54:47 PM

never, just purchased some virtual stuff like vps,private vpn, domain, top up my internet conection and some kind of like gift card, honestlly i have plan to buying a smartphone with bitcoin, i just need time and money so i can buy it, i wish i coud buy it with bitcoin

Yeah, that would be great to buy a smartphone by using bitcoins as a mode of payment, Even I haven't bought any physical goods yet by using bitcoins, but I really wish to buy general day to day stuff by using bitcoins. And that would be great if I can buy burger or pizza by using bitcoins.

Today i received my Proteus g508, bought directly with bitcoin from Newegg. Smiley
I tend to get my smartphone for "Free" from my phone service provider as part of a 3 years no-contract agreement. But if you fancy it, you could get any phones from such online retailers. In Canada there are quite a few.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:15:38 PM

never, just purchased some virtual stuff like vps,private vpn, domain, top up my internet conection and some kind of like gift card, honestlly i have plan to buying a smartphone with bitcoin, i just need time and money so i can buy it, i wish i coud buy it with bitcoin

Yeah, that would be great to buy a smartphone by using bitcoins as a mode of payment, Even I haven't bought any physical goods yet by using bitcoins, but I really wish to buy general day to day stuff by using bitcoins. And that would be great if I can buy burger or pizza by using bitcoins.

Unfortunately i could not find a merchant in my area that selling smartphone via bitcoin, yeah i think that would be great if we could buy physical goods especially electronic stuffs via bitcoin,
hmm thats gonna be epic
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:27:10 PM

Unfortunately i could not find a merchant in my area that selling smartphone via bitcoin, yeah i think that would be great if we could buy physical goods especially electronic stuffs via bitcoin,
hmm thats gonna be epic

Are you certain Overstock doesn't ship to your country?
https://www.overstock.com/intlcountryselect

As far as i understand, there's not many places on Earth you cannot get an internationally shipping online retailer to ship to. Even though it might be "for the right price".

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ajrah

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:37:17 AM

I use Bitcoins to add credits to my mobile phone and our prepaid internet.
I once used bitcoins to buy a mobile phone in a group buying site and so far they we're able to deliver what was posted in the ads.
Bitcoins is not that popular yet in our country but so far some online sites are accepting Bitcoins as a mode payment.

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:50:13 AM

Once I went to Starbucks and bought coffee with fiat and waited for someone.

Soon that someone showed up. I sent him bitcoins from my phone and he gave me an envelope containing what appeared to be Real/physical, paper Ben Franklins.

Later I took those Ben Franklins home, ran them through a currency counter, which confirmed that they were indeed Real and not counterfeit.
notiely

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:44:22 AM

It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

This is my first time to use BTC as real money buying a real physical goods. 

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

Hopeful I can use my bitcoin in supermarkets in the near future.
dollarneed

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:04:41 AM

I once used bitcoins to buy a mobile phone in a group buying site and so far they we're able to deliver what was posted in the ads.
Bitcoins is not that popular yet in our country but so far some online sites are accepting Bitcoins as a mode payment.

Could you tell me the site or group that you've bought your mobile phone? honestlly i've been looking for someone that selling smartphone via bitcoin thats gonna be simple than i have to cashout my bitcoin to the fiat before transaction, if iam not wrong you live in id, right?
dollarneed

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:58:20 AM

Could you tell me the site or group that you've bought your mobile phone? honestlly i've been looking for someone that selling smartphone via bitcoin thats gonna be simple than i have to cashout my bitcoin to the fiat before transaction, if iam not wrong you live in id, right?
You can buy goods with bitcoins from newegg and purse.io also. They are pretty reputed and trusted.

Thanks for the suggestion but now i prefer to buy smartphone in my area or my country, moreover i have not experience purchased some stuffs from outside,but i would buy if there different price as significant both of the smartphone in my country and from outside
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:59:07 AM

You can buy goods with bitcoins from newegg and purse.io also. They are pretty reputed and trusted.

Two posts above, i'm asking another user if he checked out Overstock.com;

"Are you certain Overstock doesn't ship to your country?
https://www.overstock.com/intlcountryselect"

I think that is a list of country you can use to check if they ship to where you live. There are many country there and the most common on top of my head were there. I hope yours is too, but if not, i'm pretty sure you can still find worldwide online retailers.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dollarneed

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:14:02 PM

Two posts above, i'm asking another user if he checked out Overstock.com;

"Are you certain Overstock doesn't ship to your country?
https://www.overstock.com/intlcountryselect"

I think that is a list of country you can use to check if they ship to where you live. There are many country there and the most common on top of my head were there. I hope yours is too, but if not, i'm pretty sure you can still find worldwide online retailers.
Yes i've checked it, by the way thanks for your suggestion honestlly, now i prefer to buy smartphone in my  country,because i think is better than i have to purchased from outside and that guy above who live in the same country with me so i asked him where was he bought his mobile phone via bitcoin, i'll add overstock on my list maybe i could find something interest over there, thanks again
StevenS

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:13:34 PM

It may have not been available when you did that, but today you can go to coffee.foldapp.com on your phone, buy coffee with bitcoin, and get a 20% discount.
Triple

Activity: 847

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:22:26 PM

It may have not been available when you did that, but today you can go to coffee.foldapp.com on your phone, buy coffee with bitcoin, and get a 20% discount.

I bet that site uses carded starbucks.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:56:28 PM

You can buy Starbucks coffee with bitcoin directly? Or you need some sort of gift card you purchase with bitcoin to able to buy coffee there?
Are this offer is available in every Starbuck coffee shop?
StevenS

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:35:54 PM

You can buy Starbucks coffee with bitcoin directly? Or you need some sort of gift card you purchase with bitcoin to able to buy coffee there?
Yes, it's actually an online gift card, but the web app makes it very smooth:
  • Browse to coffee.foldapp.com. (You don't need to set up an account or log in.)
  • Click on the buttons to buy $5, $10, or $25.
  • Click on the "Pay with Bitcoin" link. This will launch your wallet app (assuming it's set up correctly).
  • Send the transaction, which will be the amount you selected above, less 20%, by the current exchange rate.
  • In a few seconds, the web page will show you a bar code, which is a Starbucks gift card that you scan at the register.
  • If you didn't spend the whole balance, you can get a refund back to a Bitcoin address you specify. Or, a cookie will remember the card so you can use it next time.

I've done these steps while waiting in line at Starbucks. Other than your wallet app, you don't need to load any other app, or create an account.

Yes, I realize it's not Starbucks directly accepting Bitcoin, but it's still a nice demonstration, and handy if you don't have enough fiat in your pocket.

Yes, I realize there is some trust required that Fold app won't lose the bitcoin you send them. But I'm willing to take the risk of a price of a cafe mocha. :-)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:25:26 PM

Yes, it's actually an online gift card, but the web app makes it very smooth:
  • Browse to coffee.foldapp.com. (You don't need to set up an account or log in.)
  • Click on the buttons to buy $5, $10, or $25.
  • Click on the "Pay with Bitcoin" link. This will launch your wallet app (assuming it's set up correctly).
  • Send the transaction, which will be the amount you selected above, less 20%, by the current exchange rate.
  • In a few seconds, the web page will show you a bar code, which is a Starbucks gift card that you scan at the register.
  • If you didn't spend the whole balance, you can get a refund back to a Bitcoin address you specify. Or, a cookie will remember the card so you can use it next time.

I've done these steps while waiting in line at Starbucks. Other than your wallet app, you don't need to load any other app, or create an account.

Yes, I realize it's not Starbucks directly accepting Bitcoin, but it's still a nice demonstration, and handy if you don't have enough fiat in your pocket.

Yes, I realize there is some trust required that Fold app won't lose the bitcoin you send them. But I'm willing to take the risk of a price of a cafe mocha. :-)

Is this available for Steam wallet codes? It seem to be a hassle to get wallet fund and then people tell you "I give you 100$ for 20$" which just sound like they got their hands on hacked accounts or such.

Discouted Steam wallet codes would be nice i guess. Just hard to find something legit and convenient.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:33:59 PM

Is this available for Steam wallet codes? It seem to be a hassle to get wallet fund and then people tell you "I give you 100$ for 20$" which just sound like they got their hands on hacked accounts or such.

Discouted Steam wallet codes would be nice i guess. Just hard to find something legit and convenient.

Search for some reputable seller of Steam codes in the Digital Goods section. If you just want to buy Steam games, there would be a lot in there offering discounted prices. But in Steam wallet codes, I guess you'll have a hard time finding one. I always buy mine from an acquaintance in our place, and the best thing is, he accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment.
mallard

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:50:32 PM

no just virtual goods like vps and some kind of like domain and hosting

Which host do you use?
I've been using BitHost.io but they're just a reseller for DigitalOcean.
kvlolo

Activity: 134

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:41:01 AM

Which host do you use?

Many hosting providers accept bitcoin now.

I'm looking for the best way to keep my bitcoins growing.
NoRespect

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:53:48 AM

Which host do you use?

Many hosting providers accept bitcoin now.
yeah but i thunk bithost.io is good too
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:58:35 AM

It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

This is my first time to use BTC as real money buying a real physical goods. 

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

No, I never have used bitcoin to buy real/physical goods. I haven't use those even to buy somethings else (if exist something else that can be bought). May only purpose of having bitcoin (at least for since now) it is to use it as savings/investment. I hope that one day its value be very, very high compared to the actual value. I 'm waiting that days.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: