Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:00:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxing is legalized robbery  (Read 4222 times)
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:32:17 PM

Politicians using taxes to take wealth from poor to rich, only bitcoin can change that. What do you think?

I am not sure bitcoin will change that. Countries will want to tax bitcoin as well as any Fiat money out there if they are going to recognize us. We will have to comply with their laws.

If we reject this, than they will make us illegal. I am really not sure what is the best thing to do. Taxes are among us since forever, this is the way politicians live. Can we really stop taxes altogether? I don't believe so.

Very tricky question!

The important question is why is everybody looking out to avoid taxes? if one want to revolutionize taxation and currencies, why not amend rules regarding taxation and currencies altogether? Also, there is already rules and regulations regarding taxes and most of us already do pay taxes when a transaction takes place, other than that they are treated as capital gains. There is a more detailed explanations on the internet, give it a read

Well I am actually not even trying not to pay taxes. I am OK with taxes if the amounts are fair and I know where my money is going, where is being invested. But we all know this is very hard to achieve even in more transparent democracies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:54:21 PM

in that case, i agree with u
for example is blockchain. honestly at the beggining i dont know that every transaction is have a tax (10000 satoshi/transaction) and i realized that yesterday-_- when i reedem my faucets
btcbug

Activity: 399

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:11:01 PM

Politicians using taxes to take wealth from poor to rich, only bitcoin can change that. What do you think?

I agree. Taxation is legalized theft.

If I were to mow your lawn without asking you, present you with a bill and then threaten you to pay, of course that would be consider an act of coercion. Taxes are no different than this.

Basically a room full of people get together, invoke political ritual and all of a sudden the theft is ok because it was passed as "legislation".

Nobody is against feeding the poor, having health insurance, employment insurance, pensions, etc., but ALL of these things can be provided on a voluntary basis by privately competing organizations.

Bitcoin may not change things on it's own, but I believe the idea of crypto-currencies in general will.

When evading taxes and the punishment associated with it becomes as easy and risk free as downloading mp3 files everyone will do it. No more stuffing cash under your mattress to avoid leaving a paper trail. Just use an anonymous coin and be your own bank. Nobody will be able to tell how much money you have!

HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:46:11 PM

I am not sure bitcoin will change that. Countries will want to tax bitcoin as well as any Fiat money out there if they are going to recognize us. We will have to comply with their laws.

If we reject this, than they will make us illegal. I am really not sure what is the best thing to do. Taxes are among us since forever, this is the way politicians live. Can we really stop taxes altogether? I don't believe so.

Very tricky question!

The important question is why is everybody looking out to avoid taxes? if one want to revolutionize taxation and currencies, why not amend rules regarding taxation and currencies altogether? Also, there is already rules and regulations regarding taxes and most of us already do pay taxes when a transaction takes place, other than that they are treated as capital gains. There is a more detailed explanations on the internet, give it a read

Well I am actually not even trying not to pay taxes. I am OK with taxes if the amounts are fair and I know where my money is going, where is being invested. But we all know this is very hard to achieve even in more transparent democracies.

Dude we all thrive on the idea of independency and privacy of currency yet we expect to know exactly where every penny of ours land. Its not our job, if the government does something for the country, their main share of working capital finance are taxes. Even if you send a coin to somebody, chances are you will never truly know who it really was except if you knew him personally. I think it will be really hard for the government to tell us exactly where the money goes and comes out. There's a ledger which records all calculations and transactions, which I think is accessible to the public. Enough info....as long as there is no corruption involved Sad
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:46:04 PM

there is a hole on country management that allows politicians to steal our taxes for they own .. we need more transparence,not complaining about paying taxes,if them are spent on what is needed by the people.But most of those is spend ,used to get politician rich soo they steal and left the people hungry and got sick
zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:38:16 PM

Tax is a way to keep society better for everyone and have more opportunities and We have to pay taxes because what we have now is thanks to all the people who has lived before us
misterycoins

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:20:43 PM

I am not against taxes. There are common services like the hospitals, fire services, administrations etc which a working community needs and which should be paid by the government.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:58:28 PM

I agree with you in first part of your post.Bitcoin will not save us from anything,especially from taxes.here in Poland btc is taxed by 23% vat tax

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 12:14:47 AM

Are you 18? If you are, you vote for those taxes. Don't act so helpless. If you don't like the taxes, do something about it! Vote a different way, get people to vote with you, do something to change the opinion of the politicians that represent you. And if you live in some place where the government is completely corrupt and the vote doesn't matter, move!

Bitcoin can't change the need for Government to assess taxes.

Bitcoin is a currency, it's not a government. You can put all your money in Bitcoin, but the jurisdiction you live in will still require you pay taxes. They don't care you pay for them, only that you pay up...unless you live in Greece, of course.

greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:20:34 AM

Tax is a way to keep society better for everyone and have more opportunities and We have to pay taxes because what we have now is thanks to all the people who has lived before us

Tax is one of the most essential income for the government to operate with, most of the money government uses for their work is from taxes. A lot of people keep questioning about the proper functioning performed with those taxes, but corrupt officials never provide clear info. Regardless, I think we should pay taxes because it is our social duty as a part of being a citizen in the society. We shouldn't escape taxes, rather build a more clear structure to implement use of taxes.
ridery99 (OP)

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:51:22 AM

Are you 18? If you are, you vote for those taxes. Don't act so helpless. If you don't like the taxes, do something about it! Vote a different way, get people to vote with you, do something to change the opinion of the politicians that represent you. And if you live in some place where the government is completely corrupt and the vote doesn't matter, move!

Bitcoin can't change the need for Government to assess taxes.

Bitcoin is a currency, it's not a government. You can put all your money in Bitcoin, but the jurisdiction you live in will still require you pay taxes. They don't care you pay for them, only that you pay up...unless you live in Greece, of course.

I'm 45. Voting doesn't matter anymore because democracy is mostly a bluff nowadays and I don't want my money to be used funding imperial US wars, mass surveillance, destroying family values etc. If there would be "forced charity" instead of taxation where I would choose from few options what I can do for the society with my money, it would be much better.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:22:38 AM

Very tricky question!

i explained my reason, because you never know where your tax money will go, we should have the right to trace our taxes like they have the right to trace our money, i want to know for what i'm paying taxes not blindly paying it like i'm paying a lace to mafia...
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:26:54 AM

If there would be "forced charity" instead of taxation where I would choose from few options what I can do for the society with my money, it would be much better.

I don't think that's a bad idea, I would also like to know where my taxes go and I think i could claim that right the same way they claim the right to track my money. I believe there should be a system which gives us control over where our taxes are directed or rather, at least notify where our taxes are being used. Money is an important element for daily survival and it'd be nice to know that at the end of your day, your resources aren't wasted.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:15:29 AM

Yes roads are good (see below).

But they could ask first.

Like: "Do you want to take part in this road investment."

You might want that, provided that "If you do, you will also get a part of the toll. People are just crazy about driving here. Think about all the cars and trucks. It will be glitters!"

So it turns out, some roads are good.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:19:23 AM

If there would be "forced charity" instead of taxation where I would choose from few options what I can do for the society with my money, it would be much better.

I don't think that's a bad idea, I would also like to know where my taxes go and I think i could claim that right the same way they claim the right to track my money. I believe there should be a system which gives us control over where our taxes are directed or rather, at least notify where our taxes are being used. Money is an important element for daily survival and it'd be nice to know that at the end of your day, your resources aren't wasted.

I am not sure that would be a good idea. The poorer regions would continue to remain underdeveloped. Most of the tax revenues are generated by the city rich who would want the money to be spent on developing city infrastructure.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:18:58 AM

The definition of theft is taking without consent. A child understands this.

You can say that you like taxes but you must admit that it is theft. You can't have it both ways.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:49:28 AM

I am not sure that would be a good idea. The poorer regions would continue to remain underdeveloped. Most of the tax revenues are generated by the city rich who would want the money to be spent on developing city infrastructure.

Yeah, that would just give birth to more controversies and drama, I don't think so it will be really such a big deal if a person isn't told where his 100 dollar note is being sent as tax, its not his god damn responsibility to take care of what happens next, therefore he also loses the authority over it. It is not entirely your money, I consider tax as a fees of being part of a civilized and society and have no issues paying it.
bitcollins85

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:02:08 PM

I hate taxes But I like schools, roads, police officers, hospitals, paramedics, soldiers, clean water, the post office, public parks, universities, museums, science, tunnels, bridges, etc.  So I pay them anyway.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:31:16 PM

The form of currency used isn't the main factor for taxation.  Also, you'd still be responsible for paying taxes if you use bitcoin.  Sure it may be more difficult to track, but it would be tax evasion, and if you were to be audited, you'd be caught.

When the majority of people demand lower tax, and the balancing cuts to government spending, it will happen.  It's as simple as a politician proposing tax cuts and over 50% of the population voting him or her into power.  As it stands right now, if a politician were to do that, he or she would likely not be elected because they wouldn't get majority votes.  Especially with an aging population, more and more votes will go to those that propose social welfare and benefits.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:54:14 PM

true.

and tax is war.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: