Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:44:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxing is legalized robbery  (Read 4212 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:22:20 AM

Yeah, I hate it when thieves break into my house, steal my money; then use it to build roads to nowhere, pay firefighters to sit around all day , and educate brainwash my kids. Fricken thieves.

FTFY  Grin

and to help fund endless nonsensical wars.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:25:06 AM

last time I checked the tax money goes back into the banks pockets. so yeah it is robbery regardless how someone says its not.

I mean yeah we pay our taxes to IRS which then sends to the treasurey, but the treasury forwards that money also back to the fed reserve.

And when the banks need more money, they just ask for the fed help..

this ^ sums it up nicely

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:29:12 AM

this video explains where your taxes go : --------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:25:13 AM

Yeah, I hate it when thieves break into my house, steal my money; then use it to build roads, pay firefighters, and educate my kids. Fricken thieves.

I sense the sarcasm.

But most of that money we dont really get to see how effective our money goes into that route. I wish there was some progress report or a universal meter everyone can see on how a state tax is being used or something.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:33:25 AM

Yeah, I hate it when thieves break into my house, steal my money; then use it to build roads, pay firefighters, and educate my kids. Fricken thieves.

I sense the sarcasm.

But most of that money we dont really get to see how effective our money goes into that route. I wish there was some progress report or a universal meter everyone can see on how a state tax is being used or something.

I sense it too, but the statement is largely how I see it. Maybe add war, destruction of the creative powers of capitalism, the creation of schisms, shame, guilt, insecurity and hate.

It just dawned upon me: The comedians of the day are good to find contradictions, to make us laugh of the absurdities - but they stop there, they never follow up with the necessary questions to find the root cause, and the truth. Try to figure it out. The thieves you talk about, are just thieves.

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:42:07 AM

I sense the sarcasm.

Although there have been questions about how efficiently tax money is spent, the sentiments of his post are accurate. Taxation is necessary, giving up percentages of our wealth may not be fun, but otherwise, there would be insufficient funds for things like public utilties, as well as national defense. Volunteers in an ancap society would not be nearly a large enough entity to replace a government figure that develops the society.
btcbug

Activity: 399

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:24:25 AM

Not really, a poor person depends on those being paid.
You can't think correctly and make decent decision making if your basic need are not meet.
Therefore, only the rich should pay taxes so the poor can save money and actually try to generate wealth and improve their lives. The poor will not magically stop being poor if no one pays taxes, some help is always needed for most. Low-middle class should be tax free, the super rich should pay the taxes because your life is going to be as good with 50 or 100 millions. Someone's life is going to go from bearable to absolute shit if you go from 1200 to 600 euro, so to speak.

So how do you define rich, poor, and middle class?

I agree, $50 or $100 Million means you'll have a nice life and the degree to which you can spend and enjoy the "finer things" would be almost unnoticeable. In reality rich people are rich because they're smart with their money, understand business and re-invest a lot of it to create even more wealth for society. Huge net worth doesn't necessarily mean you have $50 Billion in USD in the bank. It means if you liquidate all of your assets you'd have that much. I'd argue most of it is money that is tied up in investments, so please don't think rick people simply have hoards and hoards of cash that they're just sitting on and therefore the government should steal it and "share the wealth".

Nobody is against helping the poor, but that's what charity and other voluntary programs are for. Voluntarily giving money to poor people is an act of good will, having it forcibly taken from people and given to the poor is no longer good will, it's just theft.

If you are in favor government wealth redistribution, then I'll assume you believe in Democracy. Democracy is championed as "the will of the people" due to the electoral process. If it is truly a reflection of people's will, then please explain how the people's will is any different if you remove the voting process. The people's will, in this case, to help the poor would still remain. Or do you really think we elect a group of infallible angels into government and they know better than us on where to spend our money?

Taxes are simply people's desire to tell others what they think others should do with their property (money). Please stop confusing a person's desire to be free from coercive taxation as not wanting to help the poor.

I do understand that some rich people are rich from stealing and playing the system. That's something that would also be minimized if we abolished taxes and returned to sound money!
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:58:35 AM

I sense the sarcasm.

Although there have been questions about how efficiently tax money is spent, the sentiments of his post are accurate. Taxation is necessary, giving up percentages of our wealth may not be fun, but otherwise, there would be insufficient funds for things like public utilties, as well as national defense. Volunteers in an ancap society would not be nearly a large enough entity to replace a government figure that develops the society.

Yes, taxes should always be considered as an investment in the future for a better tomorrow, I see a lot of new infrastructure and technology at places I have been. When I first went to Delhi, India, it was nothing but a big crowded market. Now there are metros and huge buildings, great organizations and decent people. Same goes for Greece, I had an amazing vacation there before, and hearing how its a mess now breaks my heart. Taxes are important, not only for the people we live with, but for us too.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:15:12 PM

I sense the sarcasm.

Yes, taxes should always be considered as an investment in the future for a better tomorrow, I see a lot of new infrastructure and technology at places I have been. When I first went to Delhi, India, it was nothing but a big crowded market. Now there are metros and huge buildings, great organizations and decent people. Same goes for Greece, I had an amazing vacation there before, and hearing how its a mess now breaks my heart. Taxes are important, not only for the people we live with, but for us too.
True, as long as the governments aren't spending money on failed projects and oppression. When I pay taxes I want to see streets and parks in good condition, reliable infrastructure and services. I don't want my money to be spent on raises for government officials and new, more luxurious government buildings. I want to see the police chasing criminals and not drunkards or kids smoking weed. That's what it's all about.

Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:27:57 PM

I sense the sarcasm.

True, as long as the governments aren't spending money on failed projects and oppression. When I pay taxes I want to see streets and parks in good condition, reliable infrastructure and services. I don't want my money to be spent on raises for government officials and new, more luxurious government buildings. I want to see the police chasing criminals and not drunkards or kids smoking weed. That's what it's all about.

When we pay a part of our hard earned money, all we expect is for it to be used wisely and not wasted carelessly, that is the point stargazer is making, right? The most terrible thing is that there is no transparency, but if transparency is forced, people will then debate authority and force their funds to be used only at things,places,areas,etc which concern to them.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:32:24 PM

I sense the sarcasm.

When we pay a part of our hard earned money, all we expect is for it to be used wisely and not wasted carelessly, that is the point stargazer is making, right? The most terrible thing is that there is no transparency, but if transparency is forced, people will then debate authority and force their funds to be used only at things,places,areas,etc which concern to them.

And we are in the midst of the "most transparent administration ever".  Yeah right, thats the biggest lie 0bummas ever told, and he's told a LOT.

Anyway, look at some of the CIA programs that have recently become declassified, mind control experiments at mental hospitals, LSD experiments in the 60's, etc.  THIS is the kind of stuff that makes taxation akin to robbery, gvt should NOT be spending your hard earned money on these things.
Miracal

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:56:01 PM

I sense the sarcasm.

And we are in the midst of the "most transparent administration ever".  Yeah right, thats the biggest lie 0bummas ever told, and he's told a LOT.

Anyway, look at some of the CIA programs that have recently become declassified, mind control experiments at mental hospitals, LSD experiments in the 60's, etc.  THIS is the kind of stuff that makes taxation akin to robbery, gvt should NOT be spending your hard earned money on these things.

Yeah man, I have also seen the dark side of the internet where such things were revealed and things seemed pretty graphic too. Why would a government invest tons of money in programs which research on mind control experiments, how do people expect us to believe in democracy where they're just a bunch of people who want to control us?!
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:37:47 PM

Yeah man, I have also seen the dark side of the internet where such things were revealed and things seemed pretty graphic too. Why would a government invest tons of money in programs which research on mind control experiments, how do people expect us to believe in democracy where they're just a bunch of people who want to control us?!

and the craziest thing is that it's all declassified now due to the FOIA.  Just a few years ago you could find the info in the corners of the web, but now the actual gvt documents and records of the human experiments are out there.

Look at the death rates at the hospitals where the CIA was doing this stuff, it spikes way up while they were there, and goes back down when they leave.  And the scariest thing is they were doign these with the intent that those experimented on wouldn't have a memory of it, adn that they could be "triggered" even years down the line...
Andy4.4

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:15:14 PM

Yup you are right.
They steal our money legally by taxing us.
We can dodge taxes by using bitcoins.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:21:39 PM

Yup you are right.
How are you going to dodge taxes by using Bitcoin, specifically?
When you buy Bitcoin do you really think that they don't know? of course they do, they will be suspicious that you are sending money to some weirdly located exchange, and exchanges nowadays need a lot of verifications.
Even if you used LocalBitcoins, the bank movements are there and can raise eyebrows. Anything that has to do with fiat transactions they know.
The ONLY way to securely avoid taxes is being paid under the table in Bitcoin, and NEVER cashing out. I can't think of a single way to do this. Signature campaigns pay nothing for example, you make more flipping burgers. So can't think of any other way to make the money without depending on the fiat system, showing credentials etc.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:45:03 PM

Yup you are right.
When you buy Bitcoin do you really think that they don't know? of course they do, they will be suspicious that you are sending money to some weirdly located exchange, and exchanges nowadays need a lot of verifications.
Even if you used LocalBitcoins, the bank movements are there and can raise eyebrows. Anything that has to do with fiat transactions they know.
The ONLY way to securely avoid taxes is being paid under the table in Bitcoin, and NEVER cashing out. I can't think of a single way to do this. Signature campaigns pay nothing for example, you make more flipping burgers. So can't think of any other way to make the money without depending on the fiat system, showing credentials etc.

yes, the only way you can dodge taxes is by getting paid strictly in bitcoins and never exchanging them for dollars. Your plan to dodge taxes would seem much more feasible when more services start adopting bitcoin so you could directly make use of your bitcoins rather than exchanging them for dollars or any other currency. However, you must pay taxes for your bitcoins. Bitcoins are capital and if they increase, you need to pay capital increase taxes.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:18:41 PM

Yup you are right.

yes, the only way you can dodge taxes is by getting paid strictly in bitcoins and never exchanging them for dollars. Your plan to dodge taxes would seem much more feasible when more services start adopting bitcoin so you could directly make use of your bitcoins rather than exchanging them for dollars or any other currency. However, you must pay taxes for your bitcoins. Bitcoins are capital and if they increase, you need to pay capital increase taxes.

Even then, when you pay with Bitcoins the shop will have your name attached to the transaction in the blockchain. Can't the goverment ask the shop for records of that to start taxing people?
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1121

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:06:43 PM

Yup you are right.
We dont really avoid the tax even we using bitcoin. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance  But yeah seems the tax in bitcoin still lower than anything. Have you thought about how you could go to your office or your college without those infrastructures that was built by government with your taxes? I mean, come on, atleast the government still spend your money to grow your country.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:39:12 PM

Obama has accumulated more debt than all presidents in history combined. Why do we even have to vote to raise the debt limit? At this point we could never pay it back anyway, so keep spending like morons.
Miracal

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:08:53 AM

Yup you are right.
We dont really avoid the tax even we using bitcoin. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance  But yeah seems the tax in bitcoin still lower than anything. Have you thought about how you could go to your office or your college without those infrastructures that was built by government with your taxes? I mean, come on, atleast the government still spend your money to grow your country.

A lot of taxes can be avoided or completely eliminated if you are receiving payments directly in btc and not cashing it out to spend on things. In a world where services and goods could be bought easily, the only taxes we will ever pay would be service charges and nothing else, I assume. Nobody can know how much money you have in your wallet in order to know how much tax you need to pay Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: