Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:46:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Arctic Coin (ARC), No premine, Evolution over 1 year  (Read 81807 times)
Blaster66613

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:16:18 PM

I don't think so Craigh.

As you can see on cryto market, some things take times, because dev have to face some problems. Sure they didn't have respect their deadlines,  and so ? According to me, it's sure for 100 % that devs are working hard. Things are not doing in one night, and if you complained, go develop with them.

That's why some coin for now didn't like to give dead line, because of harsch poeple like you which have no patience. Whatever, if you didn't have faith on them you can. Unfortunately maybe you are not in contact whith the only one dev which can speak english.

Well, we are doing our own homework, but please if you didn't have faith in this project or in the dev team which is active, just leave, and we will see in the future what's going on. I believe in them, that's why i answer to you, because when poeple are working hard, they need to be supported and not to be insult like that because you are waiting a bucket, its a long term investment.

Peace and smile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MickDaster

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:18:23 PM

I don't think so Craigh.

As you can see on cryto market, some things take times, because dev have to face some problems. Sure they didn't have respect their deadlines,  and so ? According to me, it's sure for 100 % that devs are working hard. Things are not doing in one night, and if you complained, go develop with them.

That's why some coin for now didn't like to give dead line, because of harsch poeple like you which have no patience. Whatever, if you didn't have faith on them you can. Unfortunately maybe you are not in contact whith the only one dev which can speak english.

Well, we are doing our own homework, but please if you didn't have faith in this project or in the dev team which is active, just leave, and we will see in the future what's going on. I believe in them, that's why i answer to you, because when poeple are working hard, they need to be supported and not to be insult like that because you are waiting a bucket, its a long term investment.

Peace and smile.

Craigh is right.

For how long have you followed this coin?
craigh

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:24:32 PM

I don't think so Craigh.

Peace and smile.

I have been trying to communicate with the coin devs on discord since July. The refuse to engage or give any meaningful updates or answer any questions. I have sold all my ArcticCoins. I'm not keen on a coin where the devs hold 25% of all coins in circulation, particularly when they didn't pay for them in the market. Millions of coins were meant to be burnt after the algo swap. It never happened. So, they may say no pre-mine, but it's not really true, is it? There were 10M+ coins that were generated for the swap but not used.

No point in discussing this further as they will not give a straight answer (e.g. lets see the burn address). So, while I used to run 60 goldminenodes, I now hold zero Arc - and I am happy with my decision.

C.
findyou1111

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:37:11 AM

guys what is the right

rpcport and p2p port for this coin?
Blaster66613

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:30:04 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 04:46:45 AM by Blaster66613

I follow this coin since june,

I'm not going to answer to all this accusation againt the arctic team, because it's useless, and you have already sell you coins. So i just answer to end this discussion. But fore sure, in crypto world you have to searchinformation, but you are maybe here too much parano as if you are maybe right, i know that they are not going to leave the coin with their money. You guy look like good man. that's why it is sure that you are going to succeed in cryptoworld currencie. Unfortunately for this coin, it's sad that you cannot be in contac with them. Dev are actives, you canbe sure of that, they faced problems, market evolution, strategic decision for a better futur, that's all.

The only one in the arctic team who can speak english is Oleg, and he cannot answer to more than 3 000 persons which question on everything. These last time they are looking for better upgrade, because other currencies are growing, competition will be harsch in 2018. If you followw twitter you can see it. That's why they may put an important point on exchanges for these futur month, because they know that investors are waiting for little bucket.  In the other hand, they continue to improve.

Now is your choice to believe me or not, i just give facts. You can go to see the coin "TRIGGER". Dev team have never speak on thread, poeple get angry  because they always delay their release, more than 3 month, stayed in silence. A lot leave the coin and sell for a lost, say it's a scam blablabla etc...  The price was at 0.3 - 0.5 dollars. Today you can see it is at 7 $.  So, the futur tell us here too. But my advice for poeple which are in a hurry, is to bet on different coin, like that you get less stress because you are not depending on 1 coin.

Moreover, if you have run 60 masternodes i hope and i think that you didn't have sell it for a loss. Around these time (august) masternodes reward were very high. I run some too, and if i sell it today, as if you can say that the team is "slow" or whatever else, i make a X3 profits. That's why i keep my masternodes, 1st because it will be very rentable in the futur, and 2nd because the project and the philosophy of this coin is nice. I understand that you have lost your faith in them for your reason and your point of view, but just don't use words which spread negative things. I believe that the arctic coin will it 1 $, and i support them.

PS : Masternode port 72009

Wish you the best with other coin.

For the new which are interesting in arctic, Welcome Smiley

Peace and smile Smiley
Cakeonit

Activity: 199
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:26:13 PM

Hey guys, I set up an ARC masternode over a month ago following the youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPacq57MjkQ from Cliff on Crypto.  I followed the insttructions, and after a few retries, managed to get the MN up and running and showing enabled.  The problem I found (besides certain errors that popped up when running the commands) is that the video has you set up your MN to payout to the MN address itself, and he does not go into how to actually mose the funds once they are sitting on the remote VPS.  So I went ahead and set up my local ARC qt wallet client and tried to import the private key that corresponds to the MN, but I got errors.  I forgot what errors as I just left the MN alone after a frustrating afternoon over a month ago.  But, I did manage to find a command to import a "watch only" address that corresponds to the MN addy, so I can see the balance at 1000 ARC.   I ran into issues so I did not even run the daemon to start the MN after other issues, so the balance is still 1000.  However, tonight I had a little time so I went ahead and started the MN up again.  So here is my delema:  how can I get my local client ARC wallet to show my balance outside of the "watch only" column?  Running a VPS for ARC is really just for education, and I may decide to withdraw the ARC and perhaps run the MN locally instead of on the VPS, but as of now, I have no idea what commands to use to spend the 1000 ARC from the client on the VPS.  I an using Vultr VPS at 5$ a month (the only package they had at the time) and because I tried to set up another MN (XMCC) on the same server, I have a nice mess with too many directories that are useless on that VPS, so I would like to make a clean start!  I know this post is long and rambling, but if anyone has advise on the 2 main points: 1) how to spend from the MN that resides on the VPS to my local wallet or another address using Ubuntu, and 2) how to get my local client ARC wallet to show my MN balance but not as a "watch only" address.  If anyone has suggestions I will post more details as needed.  Thanks for the help.  

You should set-up with a remote wallet so that your 1000 coin collateral are on your local PC.

See https://youtu.be/5H9eEwgTuoA for the best walkthough. Don't store your coins on a vps!

C.

That is exactly what I want to do; I wish I had watched the video you pointed out BEFORE i did it "Cliffs way" but right now I am tring to figure out how to move the coins BACK to my local machine, kill the VPS, and start over.  Really all I need is the exact commands to use to move the coins that are stored on the VPS.   From there I can handle it with a few stumbles.  I set up another MN for another coin tonight that way (coins kept on local machine) and it makes me feel a lot better.  I am glad I picked the cheapest MN to start, I figured ARC will most likely never go far and was just "doing it for the LULZ" and self education, but I really wish the ARC project had a warmer future.  Too many MNs!
shiN9r

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:41:32 PM

start ur miners!!!

Mining Pool is up and running
 ---------------------
pool.noize.pw
---------------------
-o stratum+tcp://pool.noize.pw:3533 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=ARC
---------------------------------
3 payout every 3 hours(when ur blocks are matured)

port 3533 difficulty 4

pool fee 0.5%
Cakeonit

Activity: 199
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:50:03 PM

start ur miners!!!

Mining Pool is up and running
 ---------------------
pool.noize.pw
---------------------
-o stratum+tcp://pool.noize.pw:3533 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=ARC
---------------------------------
3 payout every 3 hours(when ur blocks are matured)

port 3533 difficulty 4

pool fee 0.5%

I mined this coin for a bit, but the community is not very active, and unless someone shows me a reason why this coin has legs, I would not point back to ARC.  Please pump this coin or make it special or better!
craigh

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:41:18 PM

That is exactly what I want to do; I wish I had watched the video you pointed out BEFORE i did it "Cliffs way" but right now I am tring to figure out how to move the coins BACK to my local machine, kill the VPS, and start over.  Really all I need is the exact commands to use to move the coins that are stored on the VPS.   From there I can handle it with a few stumbles.  I set up another MN for another coin tonight that way (coins kept on local machine) and it makes me feel a lot better.  I am glad I picked the cheapest MN to start, I figured ARC will most likely never go far and was just "doing it for the LULZ" and self education, but I really wish the ARC project had a warmer future.  Too many MNs!

To withdraw all your coins from your vps, you need to stop running the mn:

1. Edit .arcticcore/goldminenode.conf and put a # at the start of each line.
2. Close your wallet with arcticcoin-cli stop
3. Open your wallet with arcticcoind -daemon

You can then withdraw all your coins.

Get your balance details arcticcoin-cli getinfo

Send your coins to another wallet arcticcoin-cli sendtoaddress "<an address from you PC wallet>" <amount>

C.
aluba

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:20:10 PM

Is there Discord or Telegram community?
only here?
craigh

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:01:48 PM

Is there Discord or Telegram community?
only here?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1139923.msg27097330#msg27097330
cocacola24

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:34:35 PM

I`m trying to run a mn but i get pre enabled and after 1 h or waiting i get expired...i did all of the steps twice i dont know wtf is the problem , can someone suggest something please?thank you
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:35:14 AM

I`m trying to run a mn but i get pre enabled and after 1 h or waiting i get expired...i did all of the steps twice i dont know wtf is the problem , can someone suggest something please?thank you

first of all ,dont get this mn ...rewards sucksss.. every 2 or 3day  i get 0.75 ( sometime 0.37) ARC ...... price of this coin 800sats ...... i dont know why i holding it .... but hey i bought it so... selling is 10X loss for me ..so hope on that one day ...... but the mn works good...

but back to your question is your port open ?? blocks you firewall the arc wallet Huh

check here your port:

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
fairburyloft

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:05:05 PM

Hello Sergejnoob,

I am really new at this and just about to stop trying setting up this Arctic Masternode in Vultr. If you are so inclined to answer some questions it would be appreciated, if not I understand.

When setting up server in "Vultr" all the Youtube videos say "pick a location" then use "Ubunto" I have a new computer running Windows 10, OS manufacture "Microsoft Corporation" System Manufacture, MSI.
When I read what "Ubunto" is, it says for a "Linux" system. I thought "linux" was completely different from Windows.
I followed this guy's instructions on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H9eEwgTuoA and everything worked up to the point of connecting the VPS using Putty.
When I get to mkdir ~/arcticcoin, it always say "no directory found". 
I have tried that command line in many different forms and it still does not work.

Also this line I question, even though I never really got to it, "wget https://github.com/ArcticCore/arcticcoin/releases/download/v0.12.1.2/arcticcore-0.12.2-linux64.tar.gz"  this says linux 64 when I have Windows 64.

Can you tell me where I went wrong?
Wiling to donate $50 of bitcoin to you if you help me set this up!

Thank you

Step by Step Setup for a ARC Maternode

Here you can create your own Virutal Linux Server https://www.vultr.com/?ref=7160524  2,99$ per month -  Payment Methods:    PayPal -  CreditCard - Bitcoin

Vultr is a well known and professional Cloud Hosting company!

I used #ubuntu 16.04

apt-get update

apt-get install -y build-essential software-properties-common autoconf libssl-dev libboost-dev libboost-chrono-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program options-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev sudo automake git

add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin -y
apt-get update
apt-get install libdb4.8-dev bsdmainutils libdb4.8++-dev -y

mkdir ~/arc
cd ~/arc
apt-get install wget nano -y
wget https://github.com/ArcticCore/arcticcoin/releases/download/v0.12.1.2/arcticcore-0.12.2-linux64.tar.gz
tar -xvf arcticcore-0.12.2-linux64.tar.gz
mv arcticcore-0.12.1/* ./
rm arcticcore-0.12.2-linux64.tar.gz
rm -r arcticcore-0.12.1/

cp ~/arc/bin/arcticcoind /usr/local/bin/
cp ~/arc/bin/arcticcoin-cli /usr/local/bin/
cp ~/arc/bin/arcticcoin-tx /usr/local/bin/

mkdir -p /root/.arcticcore
nano /root/.arcticcore/arcticcoin.conf
```
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=ASecurePasswordThatYouDontNeedToRemember
server=1
```

arcticcoind -daemon
arcticcoin-cli getinfo
arcticcoin-cli getnewaddress 0
=> <address>

Save the output of the last command, this is the <address> you'll send your ARC to.

Send EXACTLY 1000 ARC this <address>  (`1000.01` from cryptopia)

Then list transaction:
arcticcoin-cli listtransactions

and get the `txid`

```
arcticcoin-cli getbalance
=> 1000.00000000
```

```
arcticcoin-cli goldminenode genkey
=> <YYY>
arcticcoin-cli stop
nano ~/.arcticcore/arcticcoin.conf
```

And change the file into:
```
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
goldminenode=1
goldminenodeprivkey=<YYY>
externalip=<YOUR_SERVER_ID>
```

Then:
```
arcticcoind -daemon

arcticcoin-cli goldminenode outputs
=> {
  "xxxx": "IDX"
}
```

Wait until your tx has 15 transactions (check with `arcticcoin-cli listtransactions`)

Note the "IDX" value and open the file `~/.arcticcore/goldminenode.conf`.

nano ~/.arcticcore/goldminenode.conf

Add the following line:
```
mn1 <IP>:7209 <YYY> <txid> <IDX>
```

Then `arcticcoin-cli goldminenode start`.

Check your goldmine is connected by doing:

```
arcticcoin-cli goldminenode list | grep <txid>
  "TXID-IDX": "PRE_ENABLED"
```

After 20-30 min you should see:
```
  "AAAAA-B": "ENABLED"
```

Check http://www.vultr.com/?ref=7160524  for good hosting prices... dont trust services where you dont own the private keys!!

Have Fun with your Masternode !  Wink

craigh

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:03:49 PM

I am really new at this and just about to stop trying setting up this Arctic Masternode in Vultr. If you are so inclined to answer some questions it would be appreciated, if not I understand.

Hey - join my Discord here and I will help you: https://discord.gg/SXbZphP

C.
mceme
Copper Member

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

From here dont want more this!

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:45:34 PM

ArcticCoin Cold wallet setup
This guide will assume you have a basic understanding of the command line.
Otherwise, please check the official documentation & our Reddit.

If you're using Windows, I would suggest check the great Windows Cold wallet setup by @sidzero that you can find on the pinned in Discord's #masternode channel.
If you're using Linux, the commands are basically the same (except you should use another package manager).

If you don't already have 1000 ARC, you can buy them on Cryptopia or Livecoin.

At the time of writing, a masternode costs ~200$.

DO NOT BUY ON YOBIT; THEIR WALLET IS UNSYNC AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO WITHDRAW YOUR COINS UNTIL THEY FIX THIS.

Compile ArcticCoin on your Mac
In order to follow this tutorial, you will need:

An osx system
A terminal
Homebrew (https://brew.sh/)
Install the code
brew install autoconf automake berkeley-db4 libtool boost miniupnpc openssl pkg-config protobuf libevent
Checkout the code with git clone https://github.com/ArcticCore/arcticcoin.git
cd arcticcoin
(optionnal) You might want to build the project for a specific version instead of HEAD. Use git checkout tags/v0.12.1.2 to checkout this specific version.
./autogen.sh
./configure --without-gui
make
make install : This makes a copy of the binaries to have them in PATH
Now you should set random RPC credentials on the arcticcoin.conf:

echo -e "rpcuser=arcticcoinrpc\nrpcpassword=$(xxd -l 16 -p /dev/urandom)" \
> "/Users/${USER}/Library/Application Support/ArcticCore/arcticcoin.conf"
chmod 600 "/Users/${USER}/Library/Application Support/ArcticCore/arcticcoin.conf"
Synchronize the wallet
First you need to run the following command

Now you should be able to run arcticcoind -daemon.

Check the progress of the sync by running arcticcoin-cli getinfo.
Once the "blocks" key is equal to the current block, it means your wallet is fully Synchronized.
Check the explorer to know the current block.

Secure you wallet
Your wallet is currently unencrypted, you SHOULD secure it with the following commands:

arcticcoin-cli encryptwallet A_LONG_PASSWORD_YOU_SHOULDNT_FORGET
=> Wallet encrypted; Arctic Core server stopping, restart to run with encrypted wallet. The keypool has been flushed, you need to make a new backup.
arcticcoind -daemon
You should backup your wallet.dat file at this point.

Setting up the masternode
Generate an address: arcticcoin-cli getaccountaddress mn1

Now send EXACTLY 1000 ARC to this address. Make sure to RECEIVE 1000 ARC, so if you're sending from Cryptopia that would be 1000.01 ARC.
Check that you received exactly 1000 ARC by running arcticcoin-cli listtransactions.

Now, run the following commands:

arcticcoin-cli goldminenode genkey # Returns your <YOUR_GOLDMINE_KEY>
arcticcoin-cli goldminenode outputs # Returns { "<YOUR_TRANSACTION_ID>": "<IDX>" }
Note the output of those 2 commands somewhere (I recommend a password manager like 1Password / Dashlane).

Deploy your VPS
I use Scaleway (https://cloud.scaleway.com). I won't get too much into detail but create an account, register a credit card, set-up two factor authentication (optionnal).
It is also very important that you generate SSH keys, because password-protected servers are not the best in terms of security. Follow this guide: https://www.scaleway.com/docs/configure-new-ssh-key

Now we're gonna create our masternode: click on "Create Server", choose an easy name (eg. arc-mn-1), choose the instance type (VC1S is enough, 3€ / month), let the default Ubuntu Xenial, create it.

Now you SHOULD be able to connect by using ssh: ssh root@YOUR_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS.

Using other providers
I will edit this post in the future with more informations on how to setup the servers on different providers. If you do not wish to use Scaleway, I can recommend the use of the following providers:

Digital Ocean : Nice interface, starts at ~5$ per month
Vultr : Quite nice as well, can pay with Bitcoin, starts at ~2.5$
Aruba : Pretty cheap (1€ / month) but the interface is terrible and you have to pay upfront
The setup should be quite similar: create a server running ubuntu, and ssh into the machine to follow the rest of the tutorial.

Configure your VPS
Once you're logged via ssh, run the following commands:

apt-get update
apt-get install -y build-essential software-properties-common autoconf libssl-dev libboost-dev libboost-chrono- dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-test-dev libboost- thread-dev sudo automake git
add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin -y
apt-get update
apt-get install libdb4.8-dev bsdmainutils libdb4.8++-dev -y
mkdir ~/arc
cd ~/arc
apt-get install wget nano -y
wget https://github.com/ArcticCore/arcticcoin/releases/download/v0.12.1.2/arcticcore-0.12.2-linux64.tar.gz
tar -xvf arcticcore-0.12.2-linux64.tar.gz
mv arcticcore-0.12.1/* ./
rm arcticcore-0.12.2-linux64.tar.gz
rm -r arcticcore-0.12.1/
cp -v ~/arc/bin/* /usr/local/bin/
arcticcoind –daemon
Ensure it's working by running the arcticcoin-cli getinfo command.

Now stop the daemon with arcticcoin-cli stop, and edit the file located at ~/.arcticcore/arcticcoin.conf.

Fill it with these informations:

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
staking=0

goldminenode=1
externalip=<YOUR_SERVER_PUBLIC_IP>:7209
goldminenodeprivkey=<THE_GOLDMINE_PRIVATE_KEY_YOU_GOT_FROM_COLDWALLET>
Then restart the server with arcticcoind -daemon.

Start your goldmine from your local wallet
Open the file located at ~/Library/Application\ Support/ArcticCore/goldminenode.conf, and add a line to that it looks like:

mn1 <YOUR_SERVER_PUBLIC_IP>:7209 <YOUR_GOLDMINE_KEY> <YOUR_TRANSACTION_ID> <IDX>
And restart your the daemon: arcticcoin-cli stop && arcticcoind -daemon.

Now start your goldmine:

arcticcoin-cli walletpassphrase YOURPASSPHRASE 120 # unlock your wallet
arcticcoin-cli goldminenode start-all
You should see an output showing your node(s). Check that your goldmine is connected by doing:

"TXID-IDX": "PRE_ENABLED"
After 20-30 min you should see this state go from PRE_ENABLED to ENABLED. It means your node is ready to get coins ! Smiley

You can find me on the official Discord (@dimitri) if you have any question. More tutorials to come to help beginners getting on board.
A big thanks to @sidzero for the cold wallet setup from windows.

Donations (AR

doesn't work anymore. it stop when i put this line. arcticcoind –daemon.
it says needs to use arcticcoin-cli or something. anyone successfully host on linux vps?

need for centos 6  there any manual Huh
Eurofighter

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:23:40 AM

Is it worth to buy Coins to run a Masternode?
Fonix

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:13:56 AM

If your goal is to earn passive income, than not, there are other coins with higher ROI... However if you would like to learn more about Linux and masternode setups, then yes, it is one of the best choice for educational purposes.
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:53:17 AM

If your goal is to earn passive income, than not, there are other coins with higher ROI... However if you would like to learn more about Linux and masternode setups, then yes, it is one of the best choice for educational purposes.

no not the best MN to learn  , cause if your new and you manage to build one arc mn , you have to wait at least 2 or 3 days before you get reward... and if you did something wrong then you waited for nothing .....

there are more cheaper mn to build like SKELR  ( https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-BTC-SKELR.htm) .... this coin is also easy AND CHEAP  and it gives you decent reward plus the wallet stakes.......

honestly i dont know why i still running arc mn?? the rewards i am getting is in 2 or 3 days 0.37 or 0.75 arc its an insult with these price ( around 800 sats per arc)
kruseno

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:55:14 AM

Will your future exchange be working with smart contracts?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: