Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:54:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook group to estimate number of Bitcoin users  (Read 2727 times)
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:02:25 AM

This will be a pretty stupid move to join the forum, Facebook could track you down very easily if you want to remain anonymous then don't join it.

Actually the number of people doesn't matter. all we need is people using it and the market reflect how many users are there. And these wont reflect the real numbers too

There is just no way to estimate it accurately. As bitcoin is created for anonymity. And many people wont show up on these forums.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GODLIKE (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:19:11 AM

This will be a pretty stupid move to join the forum, Facebook could track you down very easily if you want to remain anonymous then don't join it.

Actually the number of people doesn't matter. all we need is people using it and the market reflect how many users are there. And these wont reflect the real numbers too

There is just no way to estimate it accurately. As bitcoin is created for anonymity. And many people wont show up on these forums.

Bitcoin is created to fuck banks and stop slavery.
Anonymity is a collateral feature that HAD to be implemented.
On top of that, people would only know that you have some Bitcoin. So?
And on top of the top of that, NSA KNOWS you have something to do with Bitcoin when you launch your wallet and connect to a node  Roll Eyes
They control each and every connection, so they see from home at n.XX Dumb Street, where Genius Guy lives, somebody just opened a Bitcoin wallet, because you communicated with a Bitcoin node.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:19:46 AM

thanks for the invite I guess. I don't think this wold be bad to just join a group of people that supports bitcoin. I think it will diversify our bitcoin community.

Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:32:27 AM

I don't know if this is allowed here, if not I'm sorry for it, just delete the thread.

Anyway, as I'm really curious on how many Bitcoin users are out there and it seems there's no reliable way to estimate it at the moment, I thought this could be a good try.
Quick, easy and inexpensive.
Just ask for subscription, spread the word, and let's see how many will join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153361628014629/

Also, remember: the more we are, the more reputation Bitcoin gains... so it's in our interest to manage to make this estimate.
can't log in facebook as it was blocked in my country. Grin

GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:43:58 AM

I don't know if this is allowed here, if not I'm sorry for it, just delete the thread.

Anyway, as I'm really curious on how many Bitcoin users are out there and it seems there's no reliable way to estimate it at the moment, I thought this could be a good try.

Also, remember: the more we are, the more reputation Bitcoin gains... so it's in our interest to manage to make this estimate.
can't log in facebook as it was blocked in my country. Grin

China?

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 11:22:51 AM

How can you estimate the number of bitcoin users via Facebook? There are so many people who have over 1000 FB accounts and the count cannot be considered a valid one. Even polls and surveys are manipulated due to multiple entries by single users.

Each and every method will not give an exact number.
It's just a try.

True that but if there was a method to log in each IP adress and where proxies wouldn't be allowed, that number would give a better and more accurate number rather than FB accounts IMHO (although there could be exceptions).

GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:28:49 AM

How can you estimate the number of bitcoin users via Facebook? There are so many people who have over 1000 FB accounts and the count cannot be considered a valid one. Even polls and surveys are manipulated due to multiple entries by single users.

Each and every method will not give an exact number.
It's just a try.

True that but if there was a method to log in each IP adress and where proxies wouldn't be allowed, that number would give a better and more accurate number rather than FB accounts IMHO (although there could be exceptions).

There surely are better methods, like in example if every node would compile a database of IP addresses we would probably have a very precise estimate of the number of Bitcoin users.
But that needs work from the Bitconi developers, I do what I can, and this is just a try.

bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3478

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:30:16 PM

there is already btc talk that give a good approx.
actually the users are:  525800
30% are clone and you don' have to count et voilà here there is the Bitcoin Users Number (approx)

If you think the whole world likes forums and waste time over them you are SO wrong, man.

no absolute, but a good part of people involved in bitcoin are here.
it's so hard estimate a number like this.
Probably you have to multiply for 3 4 times to get the real number of users, but instead of a like in a facebook page it's a better way...
(Eg, I will not click in any page because become the classic spam-bitcoin-related-page. And I hate this...)

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███