Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:04:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been scammed 5.5BTC. What will you do when your Bitcoin get scammed?  (Read 11284 times)
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:59:20 PM

so this is from ponzi site right?
what will i do when my bitcoin get scammed from ponzi site?
all i have to do just let my bitcoin go,and maybe investigate  the owners addres

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:00:53 PM

When did you put your money there? A quick search learns that it has been called out as a ponzi from January on already.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:20:00 PM

What did you do to fight against the scammers when your bitcoin was scammed?
If you got scammed and you lost you bitcoins there is very little you can do. Definite nature of bitcoin transaction is hard to swallow sometimes, so you need to be very careful where you send your money.
Scammers won't give you anything back, ever. They only way is to announce loud and clear that someone is scammy and untrustworthy - it is little - I know, but it is the only thing you can do in most cases.
The best advice - prevention is better than a cure.
tearfereon

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:33:37 PM

Sorry dude,
But I've a code: " Do not invest before investigation". Screw ponzis, gambling etc.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:11:04 PM

next time if you really want to try out one of those shady site that are 100% scammers in the end(it's always like that) try with a minimal amounnt, so you can reduce your loss to the minimum
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:13:27 PM

I would learn from my mistake and never do it again.. However,the best is to learn from other people mistakes as you don't feel the consequences on your own skin.  Wink
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:37:53 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

But it does happen from time to times, as we are all human beings, we are kind of greedy, we all want more bitcoins, and we all want the bitcoin in our wallet growing and growing ...

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I've been scammed by a ponzi program called Rockwell Partner, I was scammed 5.5 BTC there.
I could do nothing expect shouting everywhere it was a scammer.

I am very sorry to hear this!
If some individual was to scam me, I would nit leave him alone. I would try and get as many info about him, I would puf it on all the forums, reddit, I would even create a web site so let the google index this bastard and show him in the top results.

I would try go humiliate him as much as possible.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 07:41:41 PM

I sometimes invest on "suspicious" investments or high yield programs / scammy-bound sites. But I have not lost much yet.

I think the key is not investing too much. As these sites almost always offer a very high interest or short ROI, investing say 0.01 or 0.1 won't be a lot of hurt if they run with your money, but still would be a nice extra satoshi if you compound your investment for some days.

But you have to be ready to lose them already.

Sorry about your loss.

Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:48:37 PM

well 5.5btc is a big amount, it is my salary for 5months. If it was me, of course I will cry at first but since nothing to do to get them back so its better to pray and hope we will get another 5.5 Smiley

Average wage in my country is around a bitcoin a day so it is a weeks pay.

Wait. What? $280 a day is average in your country? $8,680 per month is average?

It must be a new country... tell me where it is so I can buy a plane ticket.

National wages/salary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

(highest average wage by whatever standard is around $4,500)
Hopalong

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:24:05 PM

well 5.5btc is a big amount, it is my salary for 5months. If it was me, of course I will cry at first but since nothing to do to get them back so its better to pray and hope we will get another 5.5 Smiley

Average wage in my country is around a bitcoin a day so it is a weeks pay.

Wait. What? $280 a day is average in your country? $8,680 per month is average?

It must be a new country... tell me where it is so I can buy a plane ticket.

National wages/salary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

(highest average wage by whatever standard is around $4,500)

It is a bit old and using 2012 USD as conversion. Last year i earned close to $270 a day. A friend of me made $100694.79 last year.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:45:51 PM

You could try to find out some info on the owner of the ponzi site in question. If he by some chance didn't cover all of his tracks right, you
could possibly get his address, and then based on the location of the owner, report them to agencies related to combating fraud, and also to the IRS.
I'm not sure how much success you will have in retrieving your money, but you will at least set some fire to the scammers tail.

cheers
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:25:00 AM

Hello buddies,

But it does happen from time to times, as we are all human beings, we are kind of greedy, we all want more bitcoins, and we all want the bitcoin in our wallet growing and growing ...

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I've been scammed by a ponzi program called Rockwell Partner, I was scammed 5.5 BTC there.

It s not hard not to get scammed. That program of yours probably promised you 1% a day ROI or something like that? Well, how hard was to identify that as a scam? If they would be able to provide that kind of ROI, why would they sell their service at all? They could take a loan and get rich. It s simple and common logic.

Also, if there are no photos, no address, no verifiable contact data, dont invest.

Finally, if it is a cloud option or some kind of online investment, if possible, avoid it, cause you cant control it.

This is why I invest into proof of stake coins only. It s profitable and safe at the same time. DMD Diamond s my favorite but there are other interesting coins as well. Let me know if you need more info.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jeanne0012

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:31:36 AM

Like OP mentioned, ppl tends to get scammed! Me too! But the most important thing is that we can learn from the lesson and don't be scammed again by the same tactics. All of the ponzis or scams are sharing the same charactors. If we cannot learn from our mistakes, we will be poor forever!
investspot

Activity: 182

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 06:34:09 AM

Hello buddies,

Sorry to hear this sad story. Hopeful you can recover your lost from other good programs.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:39:22 AM

there's nothing you can do? you will call the police that you were cheated on the internet? haha, they will not respone your accusation
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:41:13 AM

Hello buddies,

sorry to hear this.

but scams have been around forever, and it is not restricted to bitcoin. you have to think before investing in anything not after you lost money. but this is not always the case and we have all been there. the only thing to do now is to learn from your mistake and never make the same mistake twice again.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:42:16 AM

Hello buddies,

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Just a small reminder to everyone that you should not invest (in anything) more than you can afford to lose.
That being said, it is almost certain that you will lose by investing in ponzis.
nicole7852

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:43:32 AM

I've never been scammed.  Wanna know why?

Cause I don't do anything stoopid.
Great! You are a rational person and can fully control your behaviors. But I think there is no many ppl like you!

I've been scammed by a ponzi program
This is bitcoin designed for.
Yes. It was designed for scam. Point.
Probably the ecosystem of bitcoin is not complete yet. So it leads to the rampant scams arount bitcoin.Some mechanics shoud be coming out to counter these issues otherwise bitcoins adoption rate wouldn't increase a lot.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:38:38 AM

Like OP mentioned, ppl tends to get scammed! Me too! But the most important thing is that we can learn from the lesson and don't be scammed again by the same tactics. All of the ponzis or scams are sharing the same charactors. If we cannot learn from our mistakes, we will be poor forever!

apparently there are dude that cannot learn from their mistake, otherwise those same thread will end to happen , but yet they are still here

this because many are addicted to easy money and they keep trying the easy and more risky route, but the only thing that they are doing is losing money
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:42:08 AM

Well for me i just get over it and move on. Just accept what you have lost and then learn from it. And to make you feel better, just think it like this, there are more people out there being scammed or cheated with a larger amount than yours. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: