Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:53:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been scammed 5.5BTC. What will you do when your Bitcoin get scammed?  (Read 11284 times)
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:45:12 AM

As we know, gambling and investation are risky game it means that we might lose everyday and everytime without being expected. So before you're start gambling and do other risky games, make sure than you're ready to lose rather than ready to get profit from it.
So once you got lose or being scammed, you have well prepared to let it go. But if you're not ready then It may hurt yourself or your family. So play with your own risk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:51:46 AM

Haha, so you lose it consciously in a ponzi scam and then feel sorry?
I don't understand! I lost some to AutoDiv, but it was kinda obvious from the beginning.

gloryninja

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

Trusted Member

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 11:29:52 AM

I lost a few BTC a while back. Never leave your btc on a online wallet... that is what i learnt from it.

At first it hurt and got me angry but eventually you forget about it until the prices surge and then it hits you again lol.

Custom Built Gaming Desktops and GPU Rigs!
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:33:25 AM

Sorry to hear that you got scammed ( or you made it up)! Anyways, A scammer scammed me 0.4 BTC at 999dice and this is what i did Tongue

You cannot do anything since the nature of bitcoin doesn't allow to reverse transactions!

I opened this thread and when I read the thing, I wanted to put up the same image! I'm too slow for this..

But now something on-topic ( Grin ).. I never experienced any scam, like I didn't scam anyone and I wasn't scammed, maybe it's because I'm too careful or maybe I don't trade a lot here and if I do, it's always with escrow Roll Eyes
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:12:52 PM

Sorry to hear that you got scammed ( or you made it up)! Anyways, A scammer scammed me 0.4 BTC at 999dice and this is what i did Tongue

You cannot do anything since the nature of bitcoin doesn't allow to reverse transactions!

I opened this thread and when I read the thing, I wanted to put up the same image! I'm too slow for this..

But now something on-topic ( Grin ).. I never experienced any scam, like I didn't scam anyone and I wasn't scammed, maybe it's because I'm too careful or maybe I don't trade a lot here and if I do, it's always with escrow Roll Eyes
Well is there any escrow for ponzi or gambling sites?  Roll Eyes  People always made a mistake, dont matter how careful we are. But, any bad thing that be happened for us could became our experience to avoid that in future  Wink

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:25:28 PM

I've been scammed a few times now - by eBay by PayPal by stolen credit cards and by bitcoin. It hurts for a day, I complain a lot, then I get over it. A friend of mine just got scammed big time in silver trading.

In the end it has nothing to do with bitcoin.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:30:47 PM

I've been scammed also but not that much and I learned on my mistake. I now deal with trusted escrow to avoid  being scammed again
investspot

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 01:25:57 PM

I've been scammed by a ponzi program
This is bitcoin designed for.
Yes. It was designed for scam. Point.

Oh, is it?
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:34:05 PM

I do a lot of research before putting my BTC into anything.. *shrugs*.

If someone is offering 10% return weekly...... you reap what you sow.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:39:10 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

But it does happen from time to times, as we are all human beings, we are kind of greedy, we all want more bitcoins, and we all want the bitcoin in our wallet growing and growing ...

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I've been scammed by a ponzi program called Rockwell Partner, I was scammed 5.5 BTC there.
I could do nothing expect shouting everywhere it was a scammer.

What did you do to fight against the scammers when your bitcoin was scammed?
I'm sorry to hear this Sad. If it was me, i would forget about it. Don't wasted your time to shout scammers. First it's your first experience, so let your 5.5BTC go because they won't return your BTC anymore. Learn from this and don't try ponzi again Wink

Exaclty, you cannot help it once it got scammed as the scammers are never going to return it back, as its their job to steal hard earned coins of ordinary people like us, but it could be an learning experience and should take care that the same mistake is not repeated again in the future.
investspot

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 02:06:42 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

But it does happen from time to times, as we are all human beings, we are kind of greedy, we all want more bitcoins, and we all want the bitcoin in our wallet growing and growing ...

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I've been scammed by a ponzi program called Rockwell Partner, I was scammed 5.5 BTC there.

That's really sad story, hope you would recover your lost from some other good programs.
Andy4.4

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:00:05 PM

Since you are a newbie so you would not know that Bitcoin Ponzi schemes are most hated here.
I've never found a website that gives you your coins back after growing them.

In initial phase of the site there are some chances that they give you back your coins along with interest so as to lure more people into it. But as their user base grows they scam people and run away with their bitcoins.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:12:16 PM

I don't like to think about "what I will do when I get scammed" because I don't plan in getting scammed, thats why I avoid anything that looks like a scam, and for years this has worked, i've never gotten scammed. If I invested in a coin that didn't blow up and tanked it was my fault, i wasnt scammed.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:47:35 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I cried till I fell asleep. Forgot about it next day.

life goes on

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
thinkinger

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 04:59:46 PM

Well for me i just get over it and move on. Just accept what you have lost and then learn from it. And to make you feel better, just think it like this, there are more people out there being scammed or cheated with a larger amount than yours. Smiley
Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I got scammed much more than you but trying to get over it. nothing you or I can do. have it as a lesson and dont invest your money in not certain areas. And RUMI has a saying 'if you lose sth. , it will return to you in time'

.██████████   bitfons.in- Cryptocurrency Exchange - 10 coins███████.
alva5763

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:53:22 PM

I got scammed for 0.05 bitcoin. Not a lot but annoying. Now just working to make up the loss.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:04:10 PM

It's probably been said already (didn't read all the responses) but the best thing to do is to first take a few days away to cool off. Once you are not quite as upset, review what factors led you to get scammed in the first place.

I am not talking simply realizing someone tricked you, I am talking why did you fall for the trick? You need to analyze what was it about the offer that so overpowered you to ignore your good judgement. Did you have any doubts at all beforehand or did you 100% trust the situation you were getting into? If the answer is yes, than you would need to analyze this as well.

If you did have doubts beforehand, but went ahead anyway, you need to figure out why you chose that direction. Simply saying greed is not enough, you need to understand your mental processes better to be better equipped to avoid situations like this in the future. The worse thing would be to have this negative experience polarize you to the other extreme and simply assume everything is a scam and avoid good opportunities altogether.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:14:13 PM

I don't like to think about "what I will do when I get scammed" because I don't plan in getting scammed, thats why I avoid anything that looks like a scam, and for years this has worked, i've never gotten scammed. If I invested in a coin that didn't blow up and tanked it was my fault, i wasnt scammed.

That is the right thing to do, it is better we take precautions and avoid by getting scammed, As it is said that "Prevention is better than Cure", I am also using bitcoins since last 4 years and yet not get scammed, but we don't need to be overconfident about it, as scammers are much more talented than us that's what I believe.
HugoTheSpider

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:32:19 PM

Before doing some business, I'm thinking about the motivation of my business partner. If the motivation is sharp & clear, then I'm in. If it's shady, one common example is money coming out from nowhere, then I'm refusing.

-> I never got scammed >$1. If I get scammed anyways, I'll improve my risk management.
vendetahome

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:51:19 PM

well you cant really do anything when you are scammed on bitcoins can you? i believe the only thing how to avoid is to be careful when playing gambling games trading or doing something like that
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: