Bitcoin Forum
December 15, 2017, 05:18:26 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LIKELY SCAM - ABANDONED THREAD] CloudThink.IO NEW 8TH/s Imperator Bitcoin Miner  (Read 9582 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 994

MLM: Many Layers of Misery

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:39:58 PM

Their site just upped and left, email stopped working.
SCAM confirmed.

But at least they did not claim being hacked, that's a first in crypto..

Don't give them ideas Tongue

Yes they have up and left, even removing themselves from social media.

The thing I do not understand is why someone would ruin their name.   I mean every future job opportunity they would google name.   And when they see you were part of a big scam.... you do not get the job.

Did the make enough to live off of for life in this one I dont think so?   I just don't understand people who do this.

What names?
John Richard Coleman?
There probably is such a person, but he is blissfully unaware that his identity was used to register CloudThink Ltd. in the UK.
It was all fake, the miners, the people, the offices, the lot.
The only people who can be traced are the shills and ponces who vouched for the scam and took their grubby sats from it.
There's a few of them here on BCT, heroes too.  Angry

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xandrah

Activity: 254

DeltaPool Owner https://deltapool.net

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 05:40:27 PM

Their site just upped and left, email stopped working.
SCAM confirmed.

But at least they did not claim being hacked, that's a first in crypto..

Don't give them ideas Tongue

Yes they have up and left, even removing themselves from social media.

The thing I do not understand is why someone would ruin their name.   I mean every future job opportunity they would google name.   And when they see you were part of a big scam.... you do not get the job.

Did the make enough to live off of for life in this one I dont think so?   I just don't understand people who do this.

What names?
John Richard Coleman?
There probably is such a person, but he is blissfully unaware that his identity was used to register CloudThink Ltd. in the UK.
It was all fake, the miners, the people, the offices, the lot.
The only people who can be traced are the shills and ponces who vouched for the scam and took their grubby sats from it.
There's a few of them here on BCT, heroes too.  Angry

I instantly knew it was fishy when an american phone number, post code were listed on the address, also they tricked people into thinking it was an office, when basically all they were doing was tagging a ATM as Cloudthink, even when you click that marker it shows you its for a ATM. Nothing else.
Oh and the crap on the website showed it was a pack of bull right off. The new "miner" just took the cake.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:21:14 PM

I never saw a price attached to "The Imperator", nor payment terms. That's what it made seem so odd as a scam.  How do you "steal" money if you never ask for it?

I did see used S5's for sale at $199, and I think those were clearly a scam. I think one member reported that.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1053

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:30:13 PM

I never saw a price attached to "The Imperator", nor payment terms. That's what it made seem so odd as a scam.  How do you "steal" money if you never ask for it?

I did see used S5's for sale at $199, and I think those were clearly a scam. I think one member reported that.

I suspect the intention was to drive people to the site where they might buy those 'bargain' *cough* s5's and maybe an odd person would order an imperator direct.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:31:39 PM

I suspect the intention was to drive people to the site where they might buy those 'bargain' *cough* s5's and maybe an odd person would order an imperator direct.

It was so low priced that it stuck out.  I hope no one ordered from them.   As far as them running it's obvious they had an agenda.   Was some sort of going out trying to get sales.

I hope in scam section if anyone did get cheated they are able to try to go after "Richard Coleman" in court.   I believe they said UK they were at but I'm not sure I would believe anything the said.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.