Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2017, 03:13:20 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LIKELY SCAM - ABANDONED THREAD] CloudThink.IO NEW 8TH/s Imperator Bitcoin Miner  (Read 9382 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1666

Mining hardware dev and reviewer.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:29:13 PM

There's no reason to sell an S5 for $199. The market price is twice that.

Exactly.  You would also select trustworthy reviewers and wouldn't ask them to make multiple threads, especially before a unit is received, nor would you offer them for sale prior to the reviews being posted.  If this is a legitimate product (probably a 1 in 500 chance), they could use some serious help with their marketing.

I would advise anyone against ordering anything from them, before the reviews of their device are posted by the old guard.

Looking to review Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-droid-

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:34:39 PM

Exactly.  You would also select trustworthy reviewers and wouldn't ask them to make multiple threads, especially before a unit is received, nor would you offer them for sale prior to the reviews being posted.  If this is a legitimate product (probably a 1 in 500 chance), they could use some serious help with their marketing.

If they are legit and having 30 units avail I'm all but certain you'd get one.. I've also PM'd philipma

I sincerely hope these guys are real, red flags aside they would be a legit outfit in the hardware game.  We need one of their engineers or something to post some spec sheets of their chips and chassis

only time will tell I guess
rikkie

Activity: 574

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 05:35:24 PM

Even if you can't get one of their new units, their website suggests that you buy an S5 for $199.  Might be a good consolation prize.

While I told them I'd be happy to review a test unit for them, I can tell you that this alone raises red flags for me.

The hardware has been used, this is why the price is so low. We no longer need this equipment.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:38:31 PM

A private message has been sent.
kingcolex
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:39:11 PM

Even if you can't get one of their new units, their website suggests that you buy an S5 for $199.  Might be a good consolation prize.

While I told them I'd be happy to review a test unit for them, I can tell you that this alone raises red flags for me.

The hardware has been used, this is why the price is so low. We no longer need this equipment.
I will buy one if your company will post them for sale here and allow escrow, this would be a good way to promote your business and sales as legitimate.

LordPaco

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:44:02 PM

Warning people. They will not let you pick up supposed hardware in person, which is the biggest red flag for me possible. Has it been revealed where they are located yet?
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2338

Monetize the Revolution

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 05:45:40 PM

I can sell your entire stock for $300 each if you would like.  I just need proof they exist and for sales to be done with escrow, or for you to ship me the entire stock and receive payment once received and verified.  Just sayin'.  You have much better options than to sell at 1/2 price.  You already knew that though. Wink

BITSLER                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
rikkie

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 05:54:37 PM

Warning people. They will not let you pick up supposed hardware in person, which is the biggest red flag for me possible. Has it been revealed where they are located yet?

Hardware can be picked up in person in Manchester, UK. Please state so before sending your order.
LordPaco

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:59:01 PM

Can you provide pictures of your S5's or SP31's mining? Apologies to any UK miners out there but the UK seems to be the haven for these kinds of scams. You told me in my PM it was not possible to pick these miners up in person, and you told me you had 64 of them, not 30.
rikkie

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 06:03:13 PM

Can you provide pictures of your S5's or SP31's mining? Apologies to any UK miners out there but the UK seems to be the haven for these kinds of scams. You told me in my PM it was not possible to pick these miners up in person.

It is only possible to pickup Imperator Miners from or UK Headquarters but only for testing purposes.
LordPaco

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:07:24 PM

Can you provide pictures of your S5's or SP31's mining? Apologies to any UK miners out there but the UK seems to be the haven for these kinds of scams. You told me in my PM it was not possible to pick these miners up in person.

It is only possible to pickup Imperator Miners from or UK Headquarters but only for testing purposes.

Anyone here reputable in the UK wanna take that offer up? I'll offer .5BTC to a verifiable independent bct user to go and visit and verify ala BFL style.

But really, without any pictures showing the mass of hardware they would inevitably have and should be more than happy to brag about.. I'm sorry to even post to drag this scam out.
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 06:25:32 PM

Could you please ask your gullible potential reviewers to stop spamming the hardware subforum with review threads that are clearly NEVER going to happen? I mean, even though they still hold hope of getting a FREE 8Th/s rig, could they hold fire until they receive one before spamming?

I can not call this a scam, 'cause its a mere request for reviewers for a last-gen rig "released" on the cusp of new-gen hardware hitting the market, but the gullibility of some supposedly reputable people on the forum is eye-opening to say the least.

RichBC

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:39:42 PM

Now if only the $199 S5's were available for collection from the Manchester Office......

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 06:48:35 PM

The only way this rig can exist (and be viable) is if cloudthink bought the entire last production round of the BM1384 from bitmain (even the IP to the BM1384) on the condition that bitmain do not, in the immediate future, release any new rig containing their next-gen chip.

In my book, that'd take a tad over a million US$ or multiples thereof, ... but lay out that much and you'd expect the investor to have a few quid for an office, not a serviced one in the dingy back streets of Manchester whose occupancy is 95% comprised of liquidated companies (in good company may I add, pun intended).

J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:55:14 PM

The only way this rig can exist (and be viable) is if cloudthink bought the entire last production round of the BM1384 from bitmain (even the IP to the BM1384) on the condition that bitmain do not, in the immediate future, release any new rig containing their next-gen chip.

In my book, that'd take a tad over a million US$ or multiples thereof, ... but lay out that much and you'd expect the investor to have a few quid for an office, not a serviced one in the dingy back streets of Manchester whose occupancy is 95% comprised of liquidated companies (in good company may I add, pun intended).

There is another way to make this hardware.
PM sent

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
kingcolex
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:19:03 PM

Rikkie to just calm the people a bit I think your team needs to post a picture of one of these and a video of it running, this will at least prove to people there is a physical product, I am sure if your team can hand out 30 units they can film a video quickly.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:33:17 PM

Hey I'm late to the parteh!

Hello rikkie. I'm not interested in any freebies, I'm interested in the technical specs.

Power Supply: Included - 3 x 1600 W 0.6W/GHs

What PSUs will you supply?

Power Efficiency: 0.6W/GHs

Is this nominal efficiency?

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:16:09 PM

Hey I'm late to the parteh!

Hello rikkie. I'm not interested in any freebies, I'm interested in the technical specs.

Power Supply: Included - 3 x 1600 W 0.6W/GHs

What PSUs will you supply?

Power Efficiency: 0.6W/GHs

Is this nominal efficiency?

If the hardware exists (and I hope so), it'll be the best efficiency you will achieve with it, or really close to it.
You will probably be able to overclock up to at least 10TH, but the power supplies will need to be swapped.
Expect something like 0.8 or 0.9w/GH at 10TH or over.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:26:53 PM

Richard,

could you kindly provide pictures of the NanoHash chips and heatsinks?  240W per chip is a lot of heat to dissipate, especially using air cooling.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
QuintLeo

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:47:54 PM

0.6 W / GH is NOT GOOD by current standards. The Antminer S5 AND the Spondoolies SP20 both can beat that easily (though not by a lot) and they're considered "about to be outdated" gear. I believe the Avalon 4.1 is very close to that efficiency level. All of those units have the major advantage of being KNOWN quantities with a substantial track record.

The ONLY thing this unit has going for it is the warrenttee - IF you're going to be around long enough to honor it, and IF you're actually legitimate. The price is fairly good BUT VERY IFFY on any ability to ROI before the Bitcoin halfing next summer, by which point your miner will be a moneyLOSER due to probable difficulty increases unless (1) Bitcoin value increases faster than difficulty over that timeframe, OR (2) the user has VERY VERY CHEAP electricity. It might take BOTH (1) AND (2) for anyone to ever be able to ROI on your unit.

This unit and pricing MIGHT have been tempting 10+ months ago, as it is you're a bit late to the 28nm party....
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.