Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:48:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NSA KNOWS  (Read 8243 times)
Hopalong

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:13:53 PM

It's fairly easy for the NSA or any other law enforcement agency to attach an identity to a single Bitcoin address. No matter how hard you try, you can't escape law enforcement entities like the NSA or even FBI. They know more about you than you do yourself. Seeing as Bitcoin is publicly logged for every transaction you make, it's fairly easy for NSA analysts to go through and single out your addresses.

Starting with those who have left their identity on the exchanges and those who has made their adresses public on this forum and work from there would give them a lot of info. The nature of blockchain makes every transaction available to anyone who has the computer power to analyse it.

Not sure what they would do with it all but identifying a large number of bitcoin user is quite simple.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 08:28:43 AM

NSA cant spy mesh networks.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:34:20 PM

An IP is not a person. NSA knows the entrance to internet, but they dont know who uses this entrance.

The sweet thing about secret agencies is that they don't need to KNOW who uses that ip, they only need to guess correctly. And even when they don't guess correctly, you still can be catched in their net wrongly.

They are not the police. They don't need to prove that you are guilty. They catch you away and you rot in some hidden prison. If they are not so sure about you then they will ask you, maybe abu ghraib style?

thats right, they dont need to know things concretely to "arrest" or detain you.

And once they do, all they have to do is coerce the info they need about you, or raid your house and take your computers, phones, etc and find whatever they want.  Good luck hiding behind an ip address

I m talking about a democratic country, not a dictatorship like USA. Well, in my country if the converment raid the houses of the citizens, this means civil war. Do you know what is civil war?
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:01:12 PM

An IP is not a person. NSA knows the entrance to internet, but they dont know who uses this entrance.

The sweet thing about secret agencies is that they don't need to KNOW who uses that ip, they only need to guess correctly. And even when they don't guess correctly, you still can be catched in their net wrongly.

They are not the police. They don't need to prove that you are guilty. They catch you away and you rot in some hidden prison. If they are not so sure about you then they will ask you, maybe abu ghraib style?

thats right, they dont need to know things concretely to "arrest" or detain you.

And once they do, all they have to do is coerce the info they need about you, or raid your house and take your computers, phones, etc and find whatever they want.  Good luck hiding behind an ip address

I m talking about a democratic country, not a dictatorship like USA. Well, in my country if the converment raid the houses of the citizens, this means civil war. Do you know what is civil war?

yes, obviously I know what a civil war is.  I dont know what country you are in, but most countries do have "swat teams", perform raids, privacy means nothing to them.

Some of the "civil wars" going on right now are more or less proxy wars, started by the us, using adjutants, mercenaries etc.  They ship weapons, tell them who to shoot, and let the "civil war" commence
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 12:06:05 AM

Hello fellow jihadists  Death to America!

Is this the thread we discuss acquisition of plutonium and the destruction of the  National Information Infrastructure of America?
I have some great ideas to attack the gas pipeline around the country, we already have the bombs, we just need detonators.

For real tho The NSA dose know. They know fucking everything about you. Unless you mined your own bitcoins outside of a mining pool they can track you.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 12:07:57 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again with threads like this.

If you're not doing anything wrong you've got nothing to worry about.

Its about national security of the majority of people.

I'd much rather them be there than not, and so should you.

It's a scary world we're living in right now.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 12:12:23 AM

They have a giant x-ray laser in space and they use it to zap people they don't like. Cancer is the new weapon of the NSA

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 12:43:45 AM

Well they may or may not know of every transactions and I'm sure if they want to track they will have a way to do it. Bitcoin is not completely anonymous. But as a user, we still have a way to cover the tracks.

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:43:06 AM

What did the women that were stalked by guys from the nsa do wrong? Why did they go through their calls and emails? Or the ones that had their personal calls listened to and made fun of? Like soldiers making pillow talk, etc. Or American political figures that were spied on for no reason? Or leaders of allied nations? Or the economic espionage of foreign companies, what did they do wrong? What about police corruption and abuse of that power? Don't forget that the people that have this power are just like you and me. Some are corrupt. And some have different views on what is right and wrong.

No thanks. It's for security of Americans to the exclusion of everyone else. And not even that because Americans are also spied on and abused by this power. And worst, there is no reason to believe all that spying helped in any way. Or that other methods getting the same money wouldn't do better with less invasion of privacy.

Yes it is. And they're making it worse. And so are you for not thinking it through.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:58:37 AM

What did the women that were stalked by guys from the nsa do wrong? Why did they go through their calls and emails? Or the ones that had their personal calls listened to and made fun of? Like soldiers making pillow talk, etc. Or American political figures that were spied on for no reason? Or leaders of allied nations? Or the economic espionage of foreign companies, what did they do wrong? What about police corruption and abuse of that power? Don't forget that the people that have this power are just like you and me. Some are corrupt. And some have different views on what is right and wrong.

No thanks. It's for security of Americans to the exclusion of everyone else. And not even that because Americans are also spied on and abused by this power. And worst, there is no reason to believe all that spying helped in any way. Or that other methods getting the same money wouldn't do better with less invasion of privacy.

Yes it is. And they're making it worse. And so are you for not thinking it through.

I don't mind they've made some mistakes with things you've pointed out. And yes you're right, they are massive mistakes.

But as a law abiding, hard working tax paying UK citizen I would much rather have organisations like this around the world keeping me, my family and my friends safe than not.
Gronthaing
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:47:13 PM

^ being law abiding never stopped anyone getting into trouble with authorities. But even if you trust that won't happen, problem is there isn't a lot of evidence of them keeping us safe. Most we get is: trust us. There is much more evidence of abuse than anything else. But more than that, there is no reason to believe there aren't other ways to keep us safe without violating our privacy. And probably cheaper too.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 03:24:33 AM

But more than that, there is no reason to believe there aren't other ways to keep us safe without violating our privacy. And probably cheaper too.

Yeah, it's called ditching your cell phone and internet connection.  Even then, you're still being tracked in more ways than you can imagine  Smiley
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:32:07 AM

I would much rather have organisations like this around the world keeping me, my family and my friends safe than not.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Obviously you don't agree with this quote, but at some point I'd rather risk getting blown up by a terrorist than live in a police state.
Gronthaing
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:32:02 AM

But more than that, there is no reason to believe there aren't other ways to keep us safe without violating our privacy. And probably cheaper too.

Yeah, it's called ditching your cell phone and internet connection.  Even then, you're still being tracked in more ways than you can imagine  Smiley

That's true. And yes they aren't going to give up those powers. Doesn't matter if there are better ways to keep people safe. If that was ever the motivation. And if there was a way to make the nsa stop this, agencies in other countries wouldn't stop anyway.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 04:42:09 AM

Also, think the following: if you are so scared to show that you use Bitcoin, what will happen in the future, when a large part of population will use it?
Will they all pretend to be still using dollars? Cheesy

What will happen? The NSA will have a harder time doing anything illicit with the information they're tracking, because the more people that use it the greater the protest if something illegal happens from the government agencies.

Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:47:28 AM

If the NSA wants my Bitcoin they will have to get through my exactly 3000 M193 5.56mm full metal jackets.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:24:04 AM

If the NSA wants my Bitcoin they will have to get through my exactly 3000 M193 5.56mm full metal jackets.

I don't see how bullets would prevent anyone from cracking your wallet if they had the processing power to do so. In fact, they would not ever need to come in contact with you.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 09:26:45 AM

I don't see how bullets would prevent anyone from cracking your wallet if they had the processing power to do so. In fact, they would not ever need to come in contact with you.
I'm hoping that he was not just stating nonsense, but was rather just trying to show his disapproval of the NSA.

Also, think the following: if you are so scared to show that you use Bitcoin, what will happen in the future, when a large part of population will use it?
What will happen? The NSA will have a harder time doing anything illicit with the information they're tracking, because the more people that use it the greater the protest if something illegal happens from the government agencies.
Well, unless something changes within our society, the spying and tracking is only going to get a lot worse. One should not be scared of using Bitcoin. Why are you using anything Facebook, Microsoft or Google then? Bitcoin is different due to it's decentralized nature. They can't force companies that accept Bitcoin to reveal information if they do not request it. I've recently bought some digital codes, and aside from a e-mail (for delivery), the seller didn't receive any potentially harmful information.

Tl;Dr: Bitcoin needs to acquire anonymity features that would be built into the client as a optional (not standard!) option.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:15:03 PM

I'm hoping that he was not just stating nonsense, but was rather just trying to show his disapproval of the NSA.

Well, unless something changes within our society, the spying and tracking is only going to get a lot worse. One should not be scared of using Bitcoin. Why are you using anything Facebook, Microsoft or Google then? Bitcoin is different due to it's decentralized nature. They can't force companies that accept Bitcoin to reveal information if they do not request it. I've recently bought some digital codes, and aside from a e-mail (for delivery), the seller didn't receive any potentially harmful information.

Tl;Dr: Bitcoin needs to acquire anonymity features that would be built into the client as a optional (not standard!) option.

Sure but its relatively easy for the NSA or any equipped group to actively monitor you and track everything. For instance unless you connect to this forum and everything on the internet through a solid VPN that somehow can't be hacked and tracked to your real IP;

It's then fairly easy to get your IP, your personal info from that and then start tracking everything you do on the internet if they suspect you perform criminal activities that fall into their jurisdiction.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:23:25 PM

Pretending the NSA could care less about Bitcoin is just a way to make Bitcoin sound edgy, trendy, cool.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: