Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:28:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer tag: Nefario.  (Read 17401 times)
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 04:32:44 AM

Is that true? I heard Nefario won the vote. It seems to me the majority of the GLBSE shareholders voted to keep Nefario as CEO and that he was doing the right thing.

If Nefario did lose that vote then he should have the tag for that... Would be simple, black and white... But I don't think that is what happened.

I lost a vote to remove Nefario as CEO, even though most shareholders at the meeting supported me in this. This does not imply that Nefario would have won a 50% vote to shut down GLBSE, since BitcoinGlobal strangely has no concept of quorum and not every shareholder was at the meeting. Also, it is against the bylaws to shut down GLBSE without a 66% vote.

~23%. Theymos also initiated a vote to remove nefario as CEO, and was outvoted. He then tried to sell his shares in the company because he refused to invest in a company that the CEO refused to listen to the board.

3.3%. (I was selling additional shares owned by other people.) I tried to sell shares long before the vote to remove Nefario, over issues unrelated to the GLBSE shutdown.

Ahh. 3.3%? HEH LETS GIVE THEYMOS 3.3% OF A SCAMMER TAG, HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Okay, I think thats out of my system now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 10:41:14 PM

Is that true? I heard Nefario won the vote. It seems to me the majority of the GLBSE shareholders voted to keep Nefario as CEO and that he was doing the right thing.

If Nefario did lose that vote then he should have the tag for that... Would be simple, black and white... But I don't think that is what happened.

I lost a vote to remove Nefario as CEO, even though most shareholders at the meeting supported me in this. This does not imply that Nefario would have won a 50% vote to shut down GLBSE, since BitcoinGlobal strangely has no concept of quorum and not every shareholder was at the meeting. Also, it is against the bylaws to shut down GLBSE without a 66% vote.

~23%. Theymos also initiated a vote to remove nefario as CEO, and was outvoted. He then tried to sell his shares in the company because he refused to invest in a company that the CEO refused to listen to the board.

3.3%. (I was selling additional shares owned by other people.) I tried to sell shares long before the vote to remove Nefario, over issues unrelated to the GLBSE shutdown.

Hmm, if Nefario did shut it down without having a vote that does seem to violate the contract. However, is GLBSE really "shut down" as it is still operating? 

It seems to me that GLBSE has not been shut down but is now operating in a different way. GLBSE clearly has not been shut down so giving the tag for that is not just. You would have to show that in operating in this current way then Nefario is a scammer. However I don't think the by laws will support this. The whole point of a CEO is to take action when it is needed.  Since Nefario won the vote clearly he is supported and his actions are supported (why I have no idea).

The scammer tag for this was rushed and not well thought out. It more or less hurt the value of the scammer tag and the trust in the "judges" on the forum.

I strongly think Nefario is a scammer and maybe even a criminal but he has been given the tag in a way that is not just and done so for reasons that were not just.

The tag should be removed and reapplied in a just way.

I don't agree with this analysis.

chrisrico

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 01:49:09 PM

BadBear decided to give Nefario the scammer tag for defrauding BitcoinGlobal shareholders, not GLBSE users.
chrisrico

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 04:08:42 PM

He did not have the right, as CEO appointed by shareholders, to shut down GLBSE without shareholder consent. In doing so, he defrauded shareholders.

No, GLBSE is not operating. It is not collecting money from users for the service of listing and exchanging assets.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:37:16 AM

BadBear decided to give Nefario the scammer tag for defrauding BitcoinGlobal shareholders, not GLBSE users.

Yeah, That is my point.

But he "defrauded" you by delisting all assets. Something that badbear said he had the right to do.

I just do not see what the issue here is...

GLBSE is clearly still operating and doing so in a way badbear said he could...

Seems highly hypocritical.

It is funny that bitcoin.me told them to give him a scammer tag yet they won't.  This is because if they do then all the partners of BitcoinGlobal deserve a scammer tag.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Yolocoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 05:38:45 PM

Keep in mind everyone was like oh yeah Nefario can delist any asset at anytime when he delsited mine... Now he just did the other 90% and people are like scammer, oh lol why?

Its okay to delist me but no one else? Lulz...

Seems to me like the scammer tag does nothing other than placate the masses into doing nothing about the scam.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 01:52:04 AM

Hmm, if Nefario did shut it down without having a vote that does seem to violate the contract. However, is GLBSE really "shut down" as it is still operating? 

It seems to me that GLBSE has not been shut down but is now operating in a different way. GLBSE clearly has not been shut down so giving the tag for that is not just. You would have to show that in operating in this current way then Nefario is a scammer. However I don't think the by laws will support this. The whole point of a CEO is to take action when it is needed.  Since Nefario won the vote clearly he is supported and his actions are supported (why I have no idea).

The scammer tag for this was rushed and not well thought out. It more or less hurt the value of the scammer tag and the trust in the "judges" on the forum.

I strongly think Nefario is a scammer and maybe even a criminal but he has been given the tag in a way that is not just and done so for reasons that were not just.

The tag should be removed and reapplied in a just way.
Goat, I agree completely. You guys haven't seen this, but I've been very vocal about this behind-the-scenes ever since the tag was applied, with almost the same arguments. I was hoping that BadBear would listen, but at this point I need to start protecting my reputation by letting you guys know my position.

CharlesPonzi

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 02:27:08 AM

If the securities on glbse are illegal it follows that glbse itself is illegal because Nefario issued securities for bitcoinglobal.

I landed in this country with $2.50 in cash and $1 million in hopes, and those hopes never left me.
chrisrico

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 04:35:48 AM

Goat, I agree completely. You guys haven't seen this, but I've been very vocal about this behind-the-scenes ever since the tag was applied, with almost the same arguments. I was hoping that BadBear would listen, but at this point I need to start protecting my reputation by letting you guys know my position.

So you don't think that Nefario's actions toward BitcoinGlobal shareholders were worthy of the scam tag?
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:40:42 AM

What's the position of the shareholders posting here regarding the overpayment fuck up?  If Nefario can't recover all of the overpayments, will BG's own remaining funds be used to top up the short-fall in preference to being used to pay Nefario's salary?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 05:43:51 AM

What's the position of the shareholders posting here regarding the overpayment fuck up?  If Nefario can't recover all of the overpayments, will BG's own remaining funds be used to top up the short-fall in preference to being used to pay Nefario's salary?

Customers should come before any wages/salary imo. It would be highly unethical to pay Nefario out of users funds.

stochastic

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 06:29:58 AM

Customers should come before any wages/salary imo. It would be highly unethical to pay Nefario out of users funds.

Are you going to fire him now as CEO and let someone more qualified to handle the claims?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 06:31:08 AM

Are you going to fire him now as CEO and let someone more qualified to handle the claims?

He should have been fired months ago.

stochastic

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 06:36:05 AM

He should have been fired months ago.

I hope this gets the other partners to vote him out at least.

Yolocoin

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:39:02 AM

If the securities on glbse are illegal it follows that glbse itself is illegal because Nefario issued securities for bitcoinglobal.

You are right!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 12:10:22 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2012, 12:21:05 PM by BadBear

Are you sure you agree with Goat? As far as you've said you think Nefario doesn't deserve a scammer tag at all. Goat thinks he does, just not for the same reasons I do, which is fine. There may be other reasons for Nefario to have a scammer tag but since he already has one it's largely academic at this point.

Also, are you sure you have no conflict of interest here? I'm beginning to wish I hadn't been so quick to dismiss claims of you conspiring with Nefario earlier. Given things I have found out about others, I'm beginning to wonder if there's things about you we don't know. I do get the feeling that you're trying to protect something by trying to pressure me into removing the tag, but I don't think it's your reputation. You ruined your own reputation when you tried to force goat to take illegal actions in order to avoid getting a scammer tag (so Nefario wouldn't get it). Coercing someone to take illegal actions in order to protect Nefario is pretty scummy, and I'm glad others called you out on it before I had to step in, and also threatening to ban Goat for lying (when you didn't even know if he was). Then after you bowed out, you tried to secretly insert yourself back into the process for the sole and only purpose of denying the tag. Not even to give it out, just to deny it. And I turned you down saying it would look fishy, and it looks fishy that you even tried.  

Protecting your reputation as a "scammer investigator" Roll Eyes. You once tried to threaten someone with a scammer tag for saying he slept with Pirate's sister as a joke. I'm glad theymos doesn't trust you enough to apply tags yourself, that looks to have been a good call on his part.  

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 12:34:09 PM

Are you sure you agree with Goat? As far as you've said you think Nefario doesn't deserve a scammer tag at all. Goat thinks he does, just not for the same reasons I do, which is fine. There may be other reasons for Nefario to have a scammer tag but since he already has one it's largely academic at this point.

Also, are you sure you have no conflict of interest here? I'm beginning to wish I hadn't been so quick to dismiss claims of you conspiring with Nefario earlier. Given things I have found out about others, I'm beginning to wonder if there's things about you we don't know. I do get the feeling that you're trying to protect something, but I don't think it's your reputation. You ruined your own reputation when you tried to force goat to take illegal actions in order to avoid getting a scammer tag (so Nefario wouldn't get it). Coercing someone to take illegal actions in order to protect Nefario is pretty scummy, and I'm glad others called you out on it before I had to step in, and also threatening to ban Goat for lying (when you didn't even know if he was). Then after you bowed out, you tried to secretly insert yourself back into the process for the sole and only purpose of denying the tag. Not even to give it out, just to deny it. And I turned you down saying it would look fishy, and it looks fishy that you even tried.   

Protecting your reputation as a "scammer investigator" Roll Eyes. You once tried to threaten someone with a scammer tag for saying he slept with Pirate's sister as a joke. I'm glad theymos doesn't trust you enough to apply tags yourself, that looks to have been a good call on his part. 

Honestly I think you and Theymos are up for a scammers investigation for the misuse of the scammer tag.... Doing what is right for the wrong reasons is BS... You said Nefario had the right to delist any asset he wanted to and all he did was exactly what you said he could (delist all assets)! Why did he get the tag again?? What a fucking joke...

That's fine, I have nothing to hide. I said I was undecided on that particular issue, and I need to be sure before applying the tag. I know you aren't really interested in facts or what I actually said though, so I won't bother  Wink. For the readers, I would advise you to take Goat's posts with a pinch pound of salt.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 12:35:23 PM

Protip: Its really hard to tell massive incompetence from scamming.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 12:56:56 PM

If I am wrong then you will have no problem explaining why you gave Nefario a scammers tag. If you will not explain then we will have to assume I am right or you can not defend your actions because you did wrong.

GLBSE is still operating, all Nefario has done is delist even more assets. You did not give him a scammers tag for delisting my assets, why did you do it for delisting the other 90%?

I would like to understand this if I am wrong cuz many people have lost a lot of trust in you, theymos and the forum over this...

That's fine, I have nothing to hide. I said I was undecided on that particular issue, and I need to be sure before applying the tag. I know you aren't really interested in facts or what I actually said though, so I won't bother  Wink. For the readers, I would advise you to take Goat's posts with a pinch pound of salt.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 01:11:53 PM

You know its going to be a good day when Goat, and two Moderators are arguing amongst themselves, making them look like jackasses. Moderator calling out other Moderators, and Goat being involved? (Well I guess the Goat thing is normal) but Badbear, you should really be ashamed of yourself...

Yeah that sure is the attitude that makes someone want to use the forums, mods bashing other mods... Feel free to have different opinions, but I believe you two should probably have some sort of professional relationship? You are representing BTC-Talk, and its looking more and more like a shit hole every day because of these long drawn out drama threads.

WHEN THERE IS A SCAM INVESTIGATION, AND THE PERSON GETS THE TAG, LOCK THE THREAD! Do we really need to discuss it for the upcoming few years?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: