Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is horribly overpriced  (Read 2253 times)
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 08:11:15 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 11:53:41 AM by HCLivess

If you buy 2100€ worth of BTC, you will have 0.00003 % of total coins
If you buy 3000 ETH for 0.7€/piece (2100€ total), you will have 0.004% of total coins
If you buy 2100€ worth of NXT, you will have 0.02 % of total coins

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 10:00:29 AM

Not really. The price shows the expectation that the dev team will begin to dump ether. But in an interview I watched vitalik said there would be no need to liquidate ether because they have "other sources" of funding. 

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:30:47 AM

cause it's only listed on one exchange. wait till hits trex  Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 10:35:41 AM

The dumping by the noobs was pretty much contained on kraken and the price has stabilised. When it hits other exchanges there will be higher inflow of capital.  And then China.

<-- Click here!
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:21:23 AM

Not really. The price shows the expectation that the dev team will begin to dump ether. But in an interview I watched vitalik said there would be no need to liquidate ether because they have "other sources" of funding. 

Other sources......thank you Goldman Sachs..
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 11:27:04 AM

Better than no source of funding at all like your melted vanilla ice cream coin.   

It's a shame there's no proof that vanillashit even works apart from a nice GUI in a YouTube video.

<-- Click here!
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:56:14 AM

Better than no source of funding at all like your melted vanilla ice cream coin.   

It's a shame there's no proof that vanillashit even works apart from a nice GUI in a YouTube video.

Again you paid internet trolls are defending Ethereum by attacking another coin. So what if vanilla coin is the scam of the century......does that fact make Etherum less over valued?
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 12:00:48 PM

Nice projecting bruh. All I'm doing is pointing out how shit your vanilla poopoo coin is don't get mad m8

<-- Click here!
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:08:21 PM

Nice projecting bruh. All I'm doing is pointing out how shit your vanilla poopoo coin is don't get mad m8

What?! Sorry, but something called vanillacoin has to be world changing discovery! Cheesy

Why is ETH so overpriced, when Giants like IBM and Samsung are interested in it, and Even Goldman sachs want to make money off it??? OMG, that is like goldmine.

Anarcho capitalists are very naive, I like them they are idealists and that always make my eyes wet, it is pretty. Real world on other hand is totally cynical, animalistic and ruthlessly efficient. I dont see much chances that nerdy dreamers gonna crush corporate power anytime soon.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 12:36:15 PM

I agree It is over priced for now, but it will keep getting dumped until the market decides what the real price is. You can not really compare it to those other alts as no one knows what they even are unless you frequent this board. The only listed alt with any real public exposure is doge, and it was made as a joke. While I think the whole ETH thing is not a scam - it is over hyped for now. When will ETH actually be useful?
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 12:37:10 PM

There is nothing wrong with anarcho capitalism. I am one myself.  But ancap is anti government and pro free market. In an ancap world there will still be corporations.  I think ethereum is actually democratic. It's censorship proof and anyone can write DAPPs for it and run them on the network. I think the mining algorithm is currently asiC proof which helps to make it more decentralised.

<-- Click here!
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 12:44:26 PM

I agree It is over priced for now, but it will keep getting dumped until the market decides what the real price is. You can not really compare it to those other alts as no one knows what they even are unless you frequent this board. The only listed alt with any real public exposure is doge, and it was made as a joke. While I think the whole ETH thing is not a scam - it is over hyped for now. When will ETH actually be useful?

I think it's actually underpriced. If you think it's overpriced I don't think you really understand the potential. Dapps by their very nature will outcompete traditional services. The network will have no downtime and you can transfer more value between users and service provider than traditional companies like Uber/ airbnb etc.  

Imagine a Uber app that was impossible to sue or shutdown and is cheaper than Uber and drivers earn more money than uber. I think uber and traditional taxi businesses would be shutting down in 3 months if that happened.  Basically a profit less uber with zero running costs, all mediated over the ethereum network.   Look up la'zooz for an idea of what I'm talking about.

<-- Click here!
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:33:32 PM

Its over priced right now. What you get is a text based wallet that has issues mining on windows and not much more. It looks like smart contracts are implemented since people are playing pyramid games already. You need Linux to make it work as far as I can tell. I haven't really looked for windows wallets since the launch date so maybe some things have changed.

My guess is it drops down to 10 cents or less. Looking forward to this so I can buy in.

The future of Ethereum is very promising. In one or two years this coin will likely be #2 on CMC. It will depend on how the devs perform and what they can do.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:05:17 PM

Its over priced right now. What you get is a text based wallet that has issues mining on windows and not much more. It looks like smart contracts are implemented since people are playing pyramid games already. You need Linux to make it work as far as I can tell. I haven't really looked for windows wallets since the launch date so maybe some things have changed.

My guess is it drops down to 10 cents or less. Looking forward to this so I can buy in.

The future of Ethereum is very promising. In one or two years this coin will likely be #2 on CMC. It will depend on how the devs perform and what they can do.

It's rather arrogant of you to claim the price will drop to Presale prices or below.  If you look at the chart you can see its on the bottom already. There is no one that would be silly enough to sell their presale coins at or near the presale price.  If you want to come to the moon with us you need to buy the ticket now, because when the first chinese exchange opens this rocket will be leaving orbit.

<-- Click here!
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:37:15 PM

ETH is overpriced when there is so much supply.
It will drop to 0.50 soon.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:01:59 PM

Yep, Ethereum is in monster bubble territory.
There are interesting coins in china which are seriously undervalued. For example VPNCoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1138930.0

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 03:10:56 PM

So much supply?  Who do you think is going to supply you ether?  Presale buyers? No. Any that wanted To dump already did at a higher price than this. Miners?  They are lucky to get 1 block a day and a block is 5 ethers. 

If you'd have bought ethers any time over the past couple of days you would be in profit right now. If you don't believe me check kraken Eth/btc.  The price is exactly a dollars worth of bitcoins. 0.0029btc. A FAIR price would be $3 worth at ethereums current stage of development.

<-- Click here!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:34:18 PM

So much supply?  Who do you think is going to supply you ether?  Presale buyers? No. Any that wanted To dump already did at a higher price than this. Miners?  They are lucky to get 1 block a day and a block is 5 ethers. 

If you'd have bought ethers any time over the past couple of days you would be in profit right now. If you don't believe me check kraken Eth/btc.  The price is exactly a dollars worth of bitcoins. 0.0029btc. A FAIR price would be $3 worth at ethereums current stage of development.

Most people have not even figured out how to send their ethers to an exchange to dump them... Imagine if they had taken the few hours to build an actual GUI wallet what the carnage would've been...
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:08:43 PM

pump is on.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
devilfischer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:14:12 PM

All pre-sales had access to a wallet sweeper and could of easily dumped if they wanted already. If there was GUI included then it would actually introduce a much bigger buyer market rather than any seller market. But this has been purposely released geared towards developers as it is not ready for mainstream audience yet and its also intended to secure the mining network. The GUI will be included in the next release or two within some months I believe. Also there is a GUI wallet available, just not endorsed yet, and the GETH command line console is simple. Otherwise take the risk on an exchange for a bit and use their web wallets.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: