Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:36:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCLUB NETWORK: Prison is not the place to be right now  (Read 62162 times)
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:06:05 AM

I also don`t think it can work and I`ve told Joby so, but he has charisma that makes you doubt

Charisma? Odd way to spell, "bullshit promises of easy riches".

I hear you. I was just giving you my honest impression. Again, after having read the thread here, the whole thing smells even more fishy to me. But I still give Joby the benefit of the doubt. Again, I might be naive, but he seemed genuinely enthusiastic about it and maybe honestly mistaken himself. We will see.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmfp (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:48:29 AM

..I`m here to do in depth research on that project, because I also don`t think it can work and I`ve told Joby so, but he has charisma that makes you doubt (and I might be naive, but I still think it is possible he actually believes it).

I think it's the sign of a good salesman that they have the ability/gift to believe their own pitch and come across as sincere, and the best are undoubtedly charismatic. In the end however, hyperbole is just hyperbole.

My view is that the leeching effect of the MLM structure makes BCN investment

1) unattractive for mining returns only, without any referral add ons. Weeks may say that all mined Bitcoins are paid out to members, but the proportion of that which goes to the top of the pyramid in referrals leaves a cash daily return on purely mining at about 0.1%.

2) highly vulnerable when their grand investment plans are scuppered, if their reduction in income because of the halving isn't compensated for by a doubling in the BTC price. Where exactly is the $17m coming from if current income is already fully allocated, essentially servicing existing debt?

3) high risk, because of lack of exit strategy. The mandatory reinvestment is of no value unless expansion continues exponentially. Future shares only have a value whilst they can be serviced by cash returns. The only 'value' in a share is the clause which allows investors to physically claim an ASIC, the type of which is solely dictated by BCN. What is John Doe going to do with a parcel of unprofitable mining equipment?

4) dependent on non core schemes like Clubcoin, ATM's, merchant platform succeeding quickly. There is no sign that BCN have the ability to pull this off. Hyperbole, "Great things in the pipeline", classic MLM stuff.

Overall, it looks to me like a poor value bet on the assumption that the BTC price continues to rise, with most of the interim mining income leaving the scheme and going into the wallets of Weeks & co.

To quote a happy fan

While I can blow 75,000 on watch. Bitclubnetwork is the best company out there. Humble people helping others become millionaires.

Sums it up for me.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 08:03:33 AM

Dodnt even go for the Public mining pool either, they steel the mined BTC.
They owe me payout around 2 BTC for 2 days mining and I have tried to contact them many times and got NO response what so ever.
The frankly just stole my hash for 2 days.

Scammer network with a scammer public pool.

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
tmfp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 08:07:29 AM

Dodnt even go for the Public mining pool either, they steel the mined BTC.
They owe me payout around 2 BTC for 2 days mining and I have tried to contact them many times and got NO response what so ever.
The frankly just stole my hash for 2 days.

Scammer network with a scammer public pool.

You might want to share that with PPOC .

Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:30:46 AM

Thanks, I just did so.

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
tmfp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:58:20 PM

Strange happenings over at our favorite "crowdfunded" MLM BitClub Network, maybe it's a delayed April Fools joke.

First of all, their loudest shill J Ryan Conley puts together a barely comprehensible vid announcing that

USA BitClub Network is closing its doors to new Bitcoin & Ethereum miners May 1st!
Now is the time to get into BitClub Network if you live in the USA! Get in now before it's too late!
Join MMM Global here

(He's already been told by his boss Joby Weeks to 'stop promoting MMM Global alongside BitClub dude', but it doesn't appear to have had any effect).

Why, if true, should that be? And only in the USA?
The obvious answer is that it's a very tried and tested motivational tool to get people to do something: simply by telling them that they won't be able to soon. So maybe that. But that would be only logical globally.
Of course, a legit business with shareholder funding would set a cap on the capital size to stop dilution...again, would only apply if all further investment was capped, not just one country.

The possibility that remains is that, despite the small print and despite Weeks' pretence that when you send BCN money you are actually buying hardware, not a security, that a regulatory body in the US has looked at the BitClub Network model and thinks that it, just might, resemble an unlicenced security sale.
The MLM industry runs into regulatory problems all the time in the US. When Ponzis funded this way collapse, a receiver is appointed and claws back investors money from the admins and returns it to the victims. Leading admin figures are also prosecuted.
This is happening to the tune of $300 million at the moment in the case of Zeek Rewards, an MLM Ponzi that was pumped by the leading figures now behind BitClub Network, before it crashed in flames.

We shall soon see.

The other strange happening is in the mining department.
Since Weeks and punin from BitFury disagreed rather basically about exactly what BitFury equipment was being used by BCN, especially in the 16nm chip world, BitFury's hashpower has gone into sharp decline, whereas BCN's has increased and BitClubPool had some good luck recently.

It was therefore a bit of a surprise to see this today, on BCPool's stats page...
BTC Hashrate: 0 GH/s

I'm sure it's just a maintenance thing and will be fine in the morning....BitClub Network couldn't just disappear overnight, could it?...............I mean, could it?

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:28:17 PM

Fuck me. The depths some people will stoop to.

Shame on Roger Ver! He knows damn well he's talking to scammers, but simply because they have a no-fee mining pool that draws miners to it he wants to throw a little, "Maybe I was wrong about you", solely to buy support for his bitcoin-version of choice.

Just. Fuck. SMH.

[edit] I've just emailed Coindesk about this. Hopefully they'll run a piece on this, erm, 'piece'.

Shame? I don't think he knows the definition of that word.

Are you really shocked that a convicted felon who vouched for Gox when they were broke would lie in bed with scumbags?
romjpn

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:44:02 AM

Dang tmfp, that is some great research here !
I have been warning about Bitclub on my website (http://investbitcoinguide.com/scam-alert-the-bitclub-network/) but I'm not as good as you to deeply analyse those scams. Bitclub is notably very interesting and dangerous as it could be very tempting for beginners who try to enter the "Bitcoin land".
Great job !

---~~~***~~~--- http://InvestBitcoinGuide.com ---~~~***~~~---
Invest your bitcoins/altcoins into legit businesses. Get solid returns !
We hate scams and ponzis !
tmfp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:57:45 AM

A few quotes from the latest BitClub Network members update:

After announcing we would be leaving the United States market at the end of the month we had a lot of questions come pouring in so we wanted to provide a few more details and answer some of the most common questions we received.
First of all, we want to be very clear that if you are a member of BitClub Network on or before April 30th, 2016 and you are located in the United States this will have NO AFFECT on your membership.
All mining shares and equipment you have purchased will continue to run until expired, you will be able to purchase additional shares, and you can even participate in future product and services that we offer.
This decision will not affect you!
It is only intended to stop future members from joining until we can figure out if our business model will be a fit for the US market. The fact is the cost to do business in the United States significantly outweighs the benefits of being in the market and if we do nothing it could jeopardize everything so we are pulling out now!

The bolded part makes no sense. How is there any difference whatsoever in the cost of servicing a US based contract and a non US based one? Lawyers?

The italicized bit, even less so. They are either running a profitable mining operation or not.

#2 Can US Members Purchase A Pool in the Future?

A: YES!
As long as you have an active $99 Membership on or before April 30th, 2016 you will be eligible to purchase all mining pool shares in the future at anytime. Your account will not be limited in anyway.
You may be subject to some additional verification in the future but not right now!

This confirms for me that their withdrawal from the US is down to some sort of regulatory intervention. Maybe along the lines of "Stop taking new punters until we decide what to do about you."

Right now we are running a special deal for all US members where we will ship the mining equipment to you FREE anywhere in the US. We will even even help you set it up if you want to learn how to mine on your own. All you have to do is fill out a support ticket and request a quote for taking possession of your equipment.
We will provide you with a custom quote based on your specific account and the amount of machines you will receive depends on many factors like when you purchased, how long you have been mining, where you are located, and some other factors specific to your account.
NOTE: Right now is a good time if you are thinking about doing this! The value of the machines we will ship you are in high demand and there is a lot of competition right now because of the halving that is coming up in July. You may be able to sell these machines on your own (amazon, ebay, etc) for a nice profit. They are your machines, you own them so if you want them just ask!

This is to reinforce the idea that they are selling hardware and hosting it, not unregistered securities.
Virtually none of the 'investors' that I have looked at show any signs of being interested in anything but BCN's great MLM selling point, "passive" income. Setting up a piece of unspecified ASIC in your basement does not qualify as passive. That would be like asking the Avon Lady to start making lipstick in her bath.

Bitcoin Mining Pool Stats...
Over the past 30 days we have mined 149 Blocks, which is equal to 3,725 Bitcoin. Using today's price of $425/Bitcoin that is equal to $1,583,125 USD. Our total electricity and costs last month was just under $400,000 (including management and labor). This has created over 1 million in new Bitcoin for BitClub members in the last 30 days alone!

The stats of BitClubPool rougly confirm the mining figures but, according to references, about 20 of those blocks were mined by third party miners because zero fees (and, in the past, block finding bounty), so no benefit to BCN members from those. That's only ~$200,000 difference, chump change.
What is unconfirmed is
1) any blockchain connection between newly mined BCP coins and BCN payments.
2) any proof of an overhead structure <$40/kW.
Fwiw, Genesis commented a while back on the cost of running an Iceland based mining operation. Allowing for change in difficulty, the figure Streng quoted then of ~$188 cost per bitcoin mined is now in the region of $250 per coin. BCN's figures imply their total costs are ~$105 per coin mined, which is less than Genesis' overhead without electricity...

Right now our mining pools are operating in a very efficient manner that allows us to fulfill all current obligations to members without a single new member joining or purchasing a share of our pool. We can continue to expand and be profitable just based on our repurchase model (which is amazing!!)

"We are not a Ponzi".
So, all mining income is disbursed between mining contracts and referral pimps. The "amazing" bit is that statement, the implication that not only can they pay very impressive roi and huge matrix commissions, they can also make a re-investable profit by selling old ASICs and buying new. This is presumably linked to Weeks' statement that Yoshi (Bitmain) sells S7's to BCN for "$100".

**BIG UPDATES COMING UP NEXT**

Look forward to them....

tmfp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:55:51 PM

Our friends at BCN are in the news.
They were the accidental recipients, so the story goes, of the biggest mining fee ever paid, 291.2409BTC to send 0.0001.....  Cheesy

This was reported with varying degrees of similarity by Coindesk, Gizmodo, motherboard@vice and probably others.

The story was essentially the same, this transaction

ended up with $136,000 worth of coin in Bitclub Network's hands. Being the good guys they are, they are saying that they will send it back, although this may be a little difficult, as pointed out here.

BITCLUB NEWS

Record Setting Block... By Mistake!
Date: April 26th
Our mining pool got very very lucky today! We mined a block that was worth a total of 316.523 Bitcoin (about $147,000 USD) Here is the block - https://blockchain.info/block-height/409008 However, this was clearly a mistake made from a single transaction within the block that accidentally sent 291 Bitcoin as the transaction fee instead of putting it to the receiving address. We have actually seen this happen before many times but never on this scale. In fact, looking at all the blocks ever mined this may be the biggest mistake of all time. After doing some research into this transaction it seems to be a very unique transaction. Our initial thoughts are possibly a mixing service or some type of automated payment script that may have malfunctioned and put the wrong amount in the wrong place. (this is just a guess). We are currently waiting for someone to reach out and claim their mistake so we can verify them and send this Bitcoin back. But so far, as of this posting, nobody has been able to verify it. If we cannot verify the details then we are giving it all back to the Bitcoin community! We feel like this Bitcoin does not belong to us or our members and because it was a mistake made from what looks to be a pretty shady source we can use it for good if nobody comes forward to claim it. This gives us an opportunity to prove we are one of the good guys in this industry and despite the stigma of being an MLM and being in the Bitcoin space we can operate in an ethical manner for the benefit of everyone. So, here is what we are going to do... We are going to give the rightful owner 1 week to contact us and verify themselves. If nobody emerges during this time then we are going to donate the entire 291 Bitcoin back to the community or to a Bitcoin related charity. Ideally, we would like to provide a portion to Bitcoin core development, the Bitcoin Foundation, and we will be open for other allocation options that benefit the community as a whole! We hope this opens up some eyes as to what kind of organization we are, but honestly people will more than likley continue to believe what they want and we will continue to do what we've been doing since we launched BitClub Network 18 months ago... EXECUTE OUR MODEL! We will keep you posted as we try and validate the owner of this transaction, but one thing is for sure... We will not be keeping this Bitcoin either way!
Sincerely, -BCN Support Team

I suppose it's not uncommon for people to press the wrong buttons when sending money. How often it is returned is anyone's guess, although under these circumstances it would be impossible to conceal or justify keeping it.

I remember another "cloud mining" company returning money accidentally oversent, although not quite the same situation. Cloudmining.website returned 20 BTC sent in error, I remember. They're still EXECUTING THEIR MODEL too.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:40:05 PM

Our friends at BCN are in the news.
They were the accidental recipients, so the story goes, of the biggest mining fee ever paid, 291.2409BTC to send 0.0001.....  Cheesy

This was reported with varying degrees of similarity by Coindesk, Gizmodo, motherboard@vice and probably others.

The story was essentially the same, this transaction

ended up with $136,000 worth of coin in Bitclub Network's hands. Being the good guys they are, they are saying that they will send it back, although this may be a little difficult, as pointed out here.

BITCLUB NEWS

Record Setting Block... By Mistake!
Date: April 26th
Our mining pool got very very lucky today! We mined a block that was worth a total of 316.523 Bitcoin (about $147,000 USD) Here is the block - https://blockchain.info/block-height/409008 However, this was clearly a mistake made from a single transaction within the block that accidentally sent 291 Bitcoin as the transaction fee instead of putting it to the receiving address. We have actually seen this happen before many times but never on this scale. In fact, looking at all the blocks ever mined this may be the biggest mistake of all time. After doing some research into this transaction it seems to be a very unique transaction. Our initial thoughts are possibly a mixing service or some type of automated payment script that may have malfunctioned and put the wrong amount in the wrong place. (this is just a guess). We are currently waiting for someone to reach out and claim their mistake so we can verify them and send this Bitcoin back. But so far, as of this posting, nobody has been able to verify it. If we cannot verify the details then we are giving it all back to the Bitcoin community! We feel like this Bitcoin does not belong to us or our members and because it was a mistake made from what looks to be a pretty shady source we can use it for good if nobody comes forward to claim it. This gives us an opportunity to prove we are one of the good guys in this industry and despite the stigma of being an MLM and being in the Bitcoin space we can operate in an ethical manner for the benefit of everyone. So, here is what we are going to do... We are going to give the rightful owner 1 week to contact us and verify themselves. If nobody emerges during this time then we are going to donate the entire 291 Bitcoin back to the community or to a Bitcoin related charity. Ideally, we would like to provide a portion to Bitcoin core development, the Bitcoin Foundation, and we will be open for other allocation options that benefit the community as a whole! We hope this opens up some eyes as to what kind of organization we are, but honestly people will more than likley continue to believe what they want and we will continue to do what we've been doing since we launched BitClub Network 18 months ago... EXECUTE OUR MODEL! We will keep you posted as we try and validate the owner of this transaction, but one thing is for sure... We will not be keeping this Bitcoin either way!
Sincerely, -BCN Support Team

I suppose it's not uncommon for people to press the wrong buttons when sending money. How often it is returned is anyone's guess, although under these circumstances it would be impossible to conceal or justify keeping it.

I remember another "cloud mining" company returning money accidentally oversent, although not quite the same situation. Cloudmining.website returned 20 BTC sent in error, I remember. They're still EXECUTING THEIR MODEL too.

I'm not a miner, but having followed reddit/r/bitcoin for the past two years, in most cases, the mining pool usually always pays back the sender, assuming they can prove ownership of the address with a signed message. I've not read your post about why it may be "difficult" for them to do that, but I suspect they just don't want to instead - anyhow, on to reading that now,

1 week? How gracious of them. Roll Eyes

Thanks again TMFP. Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 02:32:16 PM

I wonder if this publicity is worth more than 300 btc?

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 07:03:57 PM

right? a way to make them look legit, so they sent the tx?
cause i mean WHO WOULDN'T claim it back from a pool?
these guys are so shifty i wouldn't put it past them
is there any way to guarantee your pool recieves a tx?
like can u choose what block or merkle hash to include the tx in, and one that your pool is mining?
no hey? ;p

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:43:47 PM

like can u choose what block or merkle hash to include the tx in, and one that your pool is mining?
no hey? ;p

The pool can choose which transactions to include or work on, based on fee's, which based on that transaction I bet every pool would have included that transaction in their work.

From the past a large amount of the transaction that included huge fees were users using API's which did not work properly or that they signed the transaction themselves without providing a change address, if you don't spend all your BTC in the transaction any leftovers are considered a miners fee.

Some people might either not realize they sent it if it was done automatically, or as BTC is irreversible may have said to themselves "Well I screwed up it was my fault, I probably won't get it back so no use crying about it".
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 09:46:24 PM

BitClub Network claims 1% of the entire Bitcoin mining capacity.

BitClub Network are promising 1000% increase in value of their 'memberships' within six months.

BitClub Network are promising Bitcoin networked ATM's and Bitcoin debit cards.

Wow Great, you say, a real professional cloud mining operation at last!
Then you read about the $99 'membership' fee.
Then you see the 1000 day roi.
Then you read about their "cutting edge referral based pay plan".
Then you read about Clubcoin, their PoS marvellous innovation, coming soon.

It's all here, have a read

https://bitclubnetwork.com/compensation.html

http://behindmlm.com/companies/bitclub-network-review-zeek-ponzi-veterans-at-it-again/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762075.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1128258.0

http://behindmlm.com/companies/bitclub-network-out-of-funds-clubcoin-announced/

Wow, lots of reading, you say, gimme the tl:dr.
OK, let's start at the beginning, their website. Take any one of the many many addresses they use, they all lead to this

http://bitclub.io/mining/mining

That's what we like to see, full of information and testimonials from real life customers!
Well, not much information, but look, real life customers!
There's Amy from Romania

Who could be Monica from Rome
http://jericko.net/index.php/monica
or just be a very pretty, Romanian bitcoin enthusiast who's looking for a boyfriend
http://dating-en-relatie.com/Romanian-women.html

Then there's Mike Jones from California

Who looks a bit like Mike Jones from Cape Town

https://plus.google.com/107168767283731452906/about

And the chap in the screenshot above, Victor Diaz from Chaco, Brazil according to BitClub.
They even quote him in Spanish (I thought Brazilians spoke Portuguese, but no matter)
"Thank you thank you thank you! BitClub has been very good for me. I really need passive income and gave himself for me BitClub"

The only problem is that Victor from Brazil, the Bitclub investor, is in fact, Ali Ansari a rapist from India.

I can recently remember at least three "cloudmining investments" companies who used fake pictures of clients or management in their publicity. They all protested that it was an innocent error by a third party. They all turned out to be liars and scammers.

This just the tip of the iceberg, much more to follow.....

Great Job!
With Victor you absolute win!
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 10:03:36 PM

no hey? ;p

The pool can choose which transactions to include or work on, based on fee's, which based on that transaction I bet every pool would have included that transaction in their work.

From the past a large amount of the transaction that included huge fees were users using API's which did not work properly or that they signed the transaction themselves without providing a change address, if you don't spend all your BTC in the transaction any leftovers are considered a miners fee.

Some people might either not realize they sent it if it was done automatically, or as BTC is irreversible may have said to themselves "Well I screwed up it was my fault, I probably won't get it back so no use crying about it".

" if you don't spend all your BTC in the transaction any leftovers are considered a miners fee. "
ahh see that i was unaware of, likely what happened.
dank, is all i can say Grin

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:04:10 PM

No, he does not know it for sure. He has not looked in depth into Bitclub. I was there in Acapulco when he was talking to Joby, who seems to be a very nice and cool guy who truly believes in what he says. I had never heard of Joby before, but it was my honest impression when I met him. Roger is sceptical and would not encourage anyone putting money in it, but he is too honest to call it a scam before being 100% sure.

He could look at the rapist testimonial, there seems to be no doubt that BitClub Network is a scam.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 02:30:45 PM

Scammers....  Roll Eyes

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-foundation-donation-mining-pool/

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
tmfp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:44:24 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 07:02:03 PM by tmfp

And it's time for an update for the Numero Uno Crowd Funded Cloud Mining MLM Network in the World tm

There are three aspects to this operation, they would have you believe

1) BitClubPool mining and "passive income"
2) ClubCoin, the PoS offshoot
3) Merchant platform for ClubCoin.

1) ain't looking too clever. Any cloudmining outfit will be making ROI payments to its investors, based on their profitability/shared by the number of stakeholders.
BCPool have mined 785 blocks in the near year they've been going. Take out around 130 as mined by third parties (not BitClub Network) and average out the price and you get best part of $5,000,000 gross income. Big Number.
Depending on who you believe in an environment where "no-one" is the sensible answer, the net profit on that after regular overhead and electricity, could be anywhere between $1m and $2.5m, still a chunk of change.
So yeah, BCPool makes a net operating profit, that's a reasonable assumption.
But then it's got to be shared out.
There are two main places for that money to go, to the "miners" as ROI and to the networkers as commission. The more miners recruited by networkers, the more those two demands grow. If a stage is reached where those commitments exceed the income, then the only way those payments can continue is
A) Reducing the ROI to the basic investors
B) Paying out from another source, other than mining income. There are no others, apart from new investors lump sums coming in. When you use that money to make up the difference to service existing commitments, you become a Ponzi.
C) Both.

The way to avoid that is obviously not to just keep selling and selling and selling "mining" contracts beyond a level serviceable by your operating profit.
MLM operations are sales driven. Google "BitclubNetwork" and you will find everyone and their uncle sell, sell, selling mining contracts on hundreds of different websites, social media platforms, webinars and seminars.
At the moment, Master Builder Abel, self elected BCN public spokesman Weeks and many others are hitting Asia for all its worth.
If their numbers are to be believed, ONE seminar in Seoul recently attracted 6,000! potential suckers investors.
These guys have energy and drive, give them that.
Every sign on the line is $$$ for ever (how long it lasts) direct to them personally. (See previous posts for the ratio between mining income and referral income for these salesmen. Part of the game is to buy the biggest packages in order to access bigger and bigger downline building opportunities. The $3500 max mining entry ticket is peanuts, and so is the relative income from mining.)

Anyway, you know this probably.
More investors, more ROI to pay, more referrals to pay.
That's OK, just so long as the income from mining keeps pace.
OOPS.

That's BitClubPool's hashrate stats for the last six months. An increase at the beginning of the year on the back of their big marketing push to keep pace (just) with the general arms race increase, but compare it now with the total network hashrate....

Combination of the two, ever increasing contract sales+declining mining earnings=dilution=very unhappy investors

MLM operations, especially bad actors, keep everything "in house", usually communicating directly thru dashboards. There is also a vested interest on the side of the investor not to rock the boat, because most realize that these things can snowball pretty damn quick and create a situation which is what they are personally trying to avoid. The equivalent to a run on the bank: they are only too aware their investment asset is only worth something while the doors stay open.

Weeks is quick to jump in (just an aside, Weeks, Abel and many others are U.S. citizens, it must be strange for them travelling the world first class selling something that can't be bought in their home country...) anyway Weeks comes up with the classic, "Be patient, great things happening soon"
line

Sapping out old units for new ones. Should have 48 PHs by September..

September?
Errr, Joby, heard of a thing called the Halving? I'm sure your pretty meagre income is going to be probably slashed in half before September.
Well, not your personal income. That's based on what you sell, not what it earns...

I wonder what happened to

Quote from: Weeks' infamous Anarchapulco chat
We've got 12 PH/s Bitfury containers

Quote from: moar
I've got the new (Bitfury) 16nm tech chips.....BCN are the only people in the world with Bitfury chips, buying all they can produce.

and what he's doing with them because, as sure as f*ck, he's not mining with them.

BitClub Network are going to be the biggest miner in the world

Nearly there....

So, onto
2)ClubCoin, the PoS offshoot

Not a lot happening that is immediately visible. Github is dead, as is their promising da Moon thread on here. The devs haven't even logged in for a couple of months. Maybe they and the rest of the Oompah Loompahs are too busy in the Chocolate Factory.

Doesn't look to healthy pricewise either, flatlining around 20c with no volume

and even at that price proving very hard and frustrating to dump.
Cue more unhappy punters...

"I started stacking CC on my computer at the beginning of the month and was making rewards soon, then nothing for 13 days.

I then noticed this morning; 28th April, that my closed purchases orders on Bittrex for CC Started to disappear from my complete column. About 5500 CC finished orders had disappeared.
I contacted Bitclub but no response as of yet.
And now, I have lost another order for 3879 CC. I have all the CC but I do think the blockchain has broken.
Now I have decided to stop staking but it takes for every to transfer the CC out of the mining app. You can not in put the amount you have to go through all the numbers starting at .0001 and you have to sit there and watch the numbers go up. I have 10000CC it took over forty minutes for it to get to that number. WTF Bitclub: 

3) Merchant platform for ClubCoin.

Even quieter on this leg of the BitClub Network Master Plan.
Despite being floating as the Next Big Thing as long ago as November 2015, nada, zilch, nothing.
Apart from Mr. Rent-A-Quote Weeks that is

Quote from: yesterday
Merchant acquisition platform is almost done

OK.

Edited to include KNC bankruptcy-because-of-the-halving link.

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:46:50 AM

Ermagerd! Paycoin Flashback!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: