Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:51:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Meanwhile in lower Manhattan.....  (Read 11751 times)
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 11:17:42 PM

Really? Who is it then? Wink

It's not a real account number.  56789012345 Smiley

But it looks really cool!

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 11:24:28 PM

it's the wrong type of glass.

It's actually the glass a lot of places use if the alcohol content is >9%
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:22:14 AM

I'm a bit worried the QR Code will rub off or give out the wrong address.  What are the chances of this?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 12:27:42 AM

I'm a bit worried the QR Code will rub off or give out the wrong address.  What are the chances of this?
QR codes have a built in checksumming mechanism, so the chances of that happening are marginal or practically non existent.
If the image is unreadable the reader would report an error.
shad0wbitz

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 12:28:07 AM

More vaporware from the BitInstant boys ... that is clearly a printout of a design, not a real card. They have been promising the "first bitcoin card" since July, while in reality, other services had loadable cards that you could load with bitcoins (or MtGox vouchers) years before them...

Kudos to their marketing department though! They know how to stir a fuzz with not much and spin some facts!

GOX SUX COX!
The true faces of the Bitcoinica / Intersango SCAM! - Bitcoin was born in the shad0ws, for the shad0ws.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 12:30:46 AM

More vaporware from the BitInstant boys ... that is clearly a printout of a design, not a real card.

That's a bold claim, do you have any incises to give that credability?

In the mean time I call bullshit. It's real unless you can point out what's wrong with it. 
shad0wbitz

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 12:32:13 AM

More vaporware from the BitInstant boys ... that is clearly a printout of a design, not a real card.

In the mean time I call bullshit. It's real unless you can point out what's wrong with it.  

I point gnomes and fairies are real until you can disprove me, you've seen the pictures online right .... flawless logic there Smiley

GOX SUX COX!
The true faces of the Bitcoinica / Intersango SCAM! - Bitcoin was born in the shad0ws, for the shad0ws.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:36:01 AM

i think i can smell the honey from here ... honey wheat beer is it?

... name, address, occupation, SSN , health-card, TBF rego, all rolled into one usuable bitcoin address ... tatto it onto your inner wrist and you're all good to go.

dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 12:43:19 AM

Charlie, Are we allowed to post which bank owns that BIN/IIN, the first six digits of the card number? Wink

Why not? You can find it in 30s with Mr. Google.

Really? Who is it then? Wink
Code:
Bin: 541275
Card Brand: MASTERCARD
Issuing Bank: HSCB BERMUDA (THE BANK OF BERMUDA LIMITED)
Card Type:
Card Level:
Iso Country Name: BERMUDA
Iso Country A2: BM
Iso Country A3: BMU
Iso Country Number: 060
Bank's website: www.bocfr.com
According to https://www.bindb.com
Edit: I'm not sure how accurate this is, the website points to bank of china in paris  Huh
Wikipedia supports that this # is associated with an HSBC MasterCard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Issuer_Identification_Numbers

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 12:43:34 AM

I point gnomes and fairies are real until you can disprove me, you've seen the pictures online right .... flawless logic there Smiley

So do you accuse bitinstant of fabricating the photo? Then I suggest you get at it since the burnden of proof lies on you.

Mind you I am not claiming that this picture is absolute proof of the existence of the card but that it suggests it is valid more than your simple claim that it is not. You are engaging in the typical prove me wrong fallacious reasoning. Nobody will take you serious until you back up your accusations with something.
enmaku

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:51:50 AM

So do you accuse bitinstant of fabricating the photo? Then I suggest you get at it since the burnden of proof lies on you.

Mind you I am not claiming that this picture is absolute proof of the existence of the card but that it suggests it is valid more than your simple claim that it is not. You are engaging in the typical prove me wrong fallacious reasoning. Nobody will take you serious until you back up your accusations with something.

Waitwaitwait...

So when BFL releases some preliminary product renders and folks cry "fraud" you jump on their bandwagon and assert that when the crowd shouts "fraud" the burden of proof is on the manufacturer: "Prove to us you're NOT a fraud!"

Then when BitInstant releases a preliminary product pic and folks cry "fraud" your immediate response is "nono, that's not ok you guys, those making the claims of fraud bear the burden of proof, anything else would be fallacious!"

Inconsistent reasoning is inconsistent.

But seriously...

OMGZ BITINSTANT CARD!
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:54:42 AM

Code:
Card Type:
Card Level:
Edit: I'm not sure how accurate this is, the website points to bank of china in paris  Huh

Its a made up number for promotional cards in marketing material. It was a joke. Cheesy
enmaku

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:03:02 AM

Code:
Card Type:
Card Level:
Edit: I'm not sure how accurate this is, the website points to bank of china in paris  Huh

Its a made up number for promotional cards in marketing material. It was a joke. Cheesy

+1000 - when I worked at Verifone all our MasterCard "test cards" that had to have a valid BIN and checksum digit - but didn't actually exist or carry balances - were 5472 75XX XXXX XXXX numbers.

Plus, y'know the part where the rest of the card is 6789 012345 and the bit where they were willing to post the whole number on a random forum should've been a big big hint that it's a mockup.

Still, good mockup and glad to see progress!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 01:03:12 AM

No it's not the difference is no history of fraud and a sound business model.

I'm not saying that I am certain it will happen or this is really a sample card of the real thing. (the picture was posted without comment) What I can confidently say is that bitinstant is more transparent than BFL in their proceedings and I consider them more trustworthy.
It could turn out to be publicity stunt of some sort, at the worst. But until is see some indication that it is I maintain that it is a genuine product.

Reasoning: No preorder requirement no special commitment required no direct profit to gain from the company if it doesn't happen. Even if the product trurns out to hit a roadblock I think there is a genuine effort taken to bring it out.
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:08:51 AM

Waitwaitwait...

So when BFL releases some preliminary product renders and folks cry "fraud" you jump on their bandwagon and assert that when the crowd shouts "fraud" the burden of proof is on the manufacturer: "Prove to us you're NOT a fraud!"

Then when BitInstant releases a preliminary product pic and folks cry "fraud" your immediate response is "nono, that's not ok you guys, those making the claims of fraud bear the burden of proof, anything else would be fallacious!"

But seriously...

OMGZ BITINSTANT CARD!
I would imagine the major difference is that bitinstant isn't run by a convicted fraudster and hasn't collected millions of dollars in pre-orders...
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:09:33 AM

You bite your fingernails, can't light a photo, and have a print out of a non working credit card.  What's the announcement?   Roll Eyes

LOL this ^

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

enmaku

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:11:21 AM

I would imagine the major difference is that bitinstant isn't run by a convicted fraudster and hasn't collected millions of dollars in pre-orders...

And now that we've begun repeating ourselves, I remember what futility it is to feed the trolls and return you to your regularly scheduled BitInstant MasterCard thread.

Sorry for the derailment, moving on with life.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4338

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:19:06 AM

he's got you dead to rights there mucus

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 01:27:27 AM

Mistrust, but verify.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:46:44 AM

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: