Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:46:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomatocage finaly replies to my situation, but my reply to him was deleted?!  (Read 1568 times)
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:24:37 AM

After waiting nearly a month to hear back from Tomatocage on my situation (main discussion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1129059.0)

Tomatocage, perhaps unintentionally, engaged with my situation in the wrong thread  (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151680.msg12143374#msg12143374).  Strangely, when I replied to him in the thread thanking him and asking him to reply to me in the proper thread, my entire reply, carefully worded and thought out, was deleted?!

I can't understand why this is the case.  Why would such a post be deleted?  What have I done wrong that the mods don't want to get my situation addressed?  Clearly my post was on topic, I was addressing a situation in which QS seems to be once again acting overly violently against someone, both badbear and tomatocage engaged with me about it, hexcoin's main situation seems done, and I don't have the right to reply to them?

Mods, I only want to get this resolved, why the persecution?  What can I do?  Why would such a crucial post be deleted?  Why on earth would tomatocage be allowed to address me in the wrong thread and I can't write back and ask him to take it up with me in the proper thread?  This makes it look like I ignored his comment, which is hardly the case, I cherish it and I want to reply.  Why would a mod try to silence me on this?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

I think you're reading more into QS's messages than there actually is. Hexcoin's primary concern is not that he and his alt accounts were discovered -- it's how they were discovered and how he might avoid this with his next round of accounts. I don't have any more say over what QS writes than I do over which way the wind blows, but while he may offend some people, I much prefer that situation than the one where scammers slip through the cracks and end up stealing peoples' money. I hope you understand this.

I appreciate your reply.  I surely wouldn't have even thought twice about QS' mockery and taunting if it weren't the case that I'm still suffering from it myself (after 5 months).  You suggest that the only wrong he's doing is offending people.  Let me ask you directly, is it okay that he's also using alt account to leave multiple sockpuppet trust ratings on my account?  That seems a lot more shady than just being mean.  And, while I have your attention, one more question if I may, what happened to the idea that people on your trust list shouldn't be leaving trust ratings vindicitively and without evidence?  In my case, he's not only called me all kinds of mean names for months, he's left me a false rating which he refuses to explain.  If he can't explain it and you trust him, perhaps you can explain it?  If you can't explain it, maybe it's time to look at what kind of people you're trusting.  Given the large group of "scambusters" who seem to be able to constrain themselves to addressing situations where some actual shady behavior that has occurred, why would you add someone to your trust list who leaves negative ratings just because he doesn't like someone?  And worse, someone who goes to shady methods of using alts and sockpuppets in order to try to disguise what he was doing?  Surely you've seen the situations with worhipper (in which he neg-repped someone for simply refusing to do business with him), or the one of ndnhc (in which he apparantely tried to use an alt to frame him to give him negative trust---quite similar to what he did to me using his ACCTSeller alt, which wasn't at the time exposed as one of his alts).  Or there's the whole deal with the dadice people, somehow dooglus, Shorena, DiamondCardz seem to have been able to write feedbacks like "refuses to show cold wallet", whereas QS shows up once a week in the dadice thread and trolls and shouts about how its a scam site (except that there hasn't been any scam, and no one else seem to feel the need to go to such extreme measures and tactics).  Surely you're aware of all this, right?  These are just cases I happen to have run across for one reason or another, I'm not spending any time trying to follow around QS and see how many others of his "scambusting" situations are actually just smear campaigns.

But, then again, maybe we should go ahead and have this conversation in the proper thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1129059.0).  If you wouldn't mind, I think I'm owed and explanation to these questions, and there's a thread that you and QS seem to have been ignoring with all your might just next door.  I apologize if I seem a little irritated, it's just that I kinda am.  I apologize if you feel like I've hijacked this conversation.  I admit that I'm quite frustrated at the lack of replies from the involved parties in my own situation and the mocking tone of QS was all too familiar.  Seeing how well Shorena was able to handle the inquiry, I thought I would offer him my plaudits while trying to ask people to contrast that with the bile of Quickseller.

Will you please reply here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1129059.0 so that we can continue this conversation in the proper place?  Or, send me a PM so that we can chat privately?  Assuming you are the same person I communicated with under the username tomatocage 2 months ago, I would have thought we would have resolved this privately right off the bat.

Best,

--TSP

EDIT:

PS:  I just wanted to add that I don't really understand what you stand to gain by ignoring my thread and my concerns and refusing to communicate with me.  It seems to me that if we talk about this, we may successfully resolve the situation.  If we don't talk about this, the situation just continues to drag on and on and on, and as far as I can tell, it makes people trusting quickseller look very bad because they refuse to address this concern.  I understand why Quickseller refuses to reply or address this, as his current status quo is acceptable to him; he's back on the trust list and his slander stands and if he has to try to explain it, it just draws attention to it when he can't do so.  But for you guys who are trusting him, it seems like your vested interest would be to resolve the issue.  You don't stand to lose any credibility by addressing the issue, and it seems like you do stand to lose credibiilty by avoiding it.

Hopefully we will talk soon.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 12:34:13 AM

engaged with my situation in the wrong thread

Why would such a post be deleted?

Don't play dumb.

tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:42:10 AM

engaged with my situation in the wrong thread

Why would such a post be deleted?

Don't play dumb.

Nice of you to chime in.  I'm not playing dumb, I'm asking for clarification.  If a mod decides to delete tomatocage's post, and my reply, that would be one thing.  The mod let tomatocage's post stand (which was, strictly speaking, off topic), but refused to let my reply stand where I asked tomatocage, very politely, in a long and well though out message, to swich over to my thread.  I also (if you read my message you'll notice this) was careful to try to tie the situation back to the thread at hand.

The fact that tomatocage finally spoke up about my situation, even if it was in the wrong thread, was precious to me, and I don't understand why it's okay for him to do this but if I try to reply to him, I am silenced, leaving the false impression that I had ignored him.

Again, thanks for your very helpful comment.  I hope to be able to get to the bottom of this soon.  I didn't join bitcointalk in order to engage in drama and meta every day.  I used to spend time in technical discussion and gambling.  Alas, now it is only this nonsense and it's been going on for too long.

I hope someone out there can help.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:47:44 AM

@tspacepilot

Don't post off topic and your post won't get deleted.

Don't play dumb!

~BCX~
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:01:34 AM

@tspacepilot

Don't play dumb!

~BCX~

Dear BCX,

Thank you for your very helpful reply.  I think I would take you more seriously if you didn't show up in every thread concerning quickseller and play vapid cheerleader.  Please take a moment to read the OP and consider whether it's okay that tomatocage can reply to me in that thread but I cannot reply to him asking him to move his reply to another thread.  If this is a little too complex for you to think about, just move along and try not to worry about it.

I hope you understand that sometimes the details matter.

Best,

TSP
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 09:12:53 AM

-snip-
Please take a moment to read the OP and consider whether it's okay that tomatocage can reply to me

The post in question by tomatocage is on topic for the given thread.

I think you're reading more into QS's messages than there actually is. Hexcoin's primary concern is not that he and his alt accounts were discovered --  it's how they were discovered and how he might avoid this with his next round of accounts.

#directly towards the threads main topic

I don't have any more say over what QS writes than I do over which way the wind blows, but while he may offend some people, I much prefer that situation than the one where scammers slip through the cracks and end up stealing peoples' money. I hope you understand this.

#More general, but still within the threads topic (why does QS give me bad rating).
This is a general reply to a topic you consider yourself personally involved and thus feel[1] addressed.

in that thread but I cannot reply to him asking him to move his reply to another thread.
-snip-

Lets see your part now:

I appreciate your reply.  I surely wouldn't have even thought twice about QS' mockery and taunting if it weren't the case that I'm still suffering from it myself (after 5 months).  You suggest that the only wrong he's doing is offending people.  Let me ask you directly, is it okay that he's also using alt account to leave multiple sockpuppet trust ratings on my account?  That seems a lot more shady than just being mean.  And, while I have your attention, one more question if I may, what happened to the idea that people on your trust list shouldn't be leaving trust ratings vindicitively and without evidence?  In my case, he's not only called me all kinds of mean names for months, he's left me a false rating which he refuses to explain.

This is about you and your case. Almost everything here is offtopic as you have a thread about it. You dont get the answers you want, but that does not make it ok to hijack other topics that might be related. The only part that is within the threads topic IMHO is the one in italics as you address what you perceive as a change of politics in the way tomatocage handles things. Yet you quickly come back to your personal case.

If he can't explain it and you trust him, perhaps you can explain it?  If you can't explain it, maybe it's time to look at what kind of people you're trusting. 

IMHO still offtopic and focused on you, but that might be because I see references to the written above that are not intended.

Given the large group of "scambusters" who seem to be able to constrain themselves to addressing situations where some actual shady behavior that has occurred, why would you add someone to your trust list who leaves negative ratings just because he doesn't like someone?  And worse, someone who goes to shady methods of using alts and sockpuppets in order to try to disguise what he was doing?

I have the feeling (sic) that this is right along your personal rating and you would not have written this without your personal involvement. Sure that is just speculation, but I think you can see how it can be seen that way in the light of what you wrote above. Its a complete paragraph it would be very unlikely if you switched topic in the middle.

Surely you've seen the situations with worhipper (in which he neg-repped someone for simply refusing to do business with him), or the one of ndnhc (in which he apparantely tried to use an alt to frame him to give him negative trust---quite similar to what he did to me using his ACCTSeller alt, which wasn't at the time exposed as one of his alts).  Or there's the whole deal with the dadice people, somehow dooglus, Shorena, DiamondCardz seem to have been able to write feedbacks like "refuses to show cold wallet", whereas QS shows up once a week in the dadice thread and trolls and shouts about how its a scam site (except that there hasn't been any scam, and no one else seem to feel the need to go to such extreme measures and tactics).  Surely you're aware of all this, right?  These are just cases I happen to have run across for one reason or another, I'm not spending any time trying to follow around QS and see how many others of his "scambusting" situations are actually just smear campaigns.

And after some examples we are back at Quickseller and the way they leave ratings. The whole paragraph can IMHO be considered offtopic as it is hardly about the rating towards Hexcoin or their question (can I see the proofs plox? Your proof is bs!!!111)

But, then again, maybe we should go ahead and have this conversation in the proper thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1129059.0).  If you wouldn't mind, I think I'm owed and explanation to these questions, and there's a thread that you and QS seem to have been ignoring with all your might just next door.  I apologize if I seem a little irritated, it's just that I kinda am.  I apologize if you feel like I've hijacked this conversation.  I admit that I'm quite frustrated at the lack of replies from the involved parties in my own situation and the mocking tone of QS was all too familiar.  Seeing how well Shorena was able to handle the inquiry, I thought I would offer him my plaudits while trying to ask people to contrast that with the bile of Quickseller.

Will you please reply here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1129059.0 so that we can continue this conversation in the proper place?  Or, send me a PM so that we can chat privately?  Assuming you are the same person I communicated with under the username tomatocage 2 months ago, I would have thought we would have resolved this privately right off the bat.

Best,

--TSP

EDIT:

PS:  I just wanted to add that I don't really understand what you stand to gain by ignoring my thread and my concerns and refusing to communicate with me.  It seems to me that if we talk about this, we may successfully resolve the situation.  If we don't talk about this, the situation just continues to drag on and on and on, and as far as I can tell, it makes people trusting quickseller look very bad because they refuse to address this concern.  I understand why Quickseller refuses to reply or address this, as his current status quo is acceptable to him; he's back on the trust list and his slander stands and if he has to try to explain it, it just draws attention to it when he can't do so.  But for you guys who are trusting him, it seems like your vested interest would be to resolve the issue.  You don't stand to lose any credibility by addressing the issue, and it seems like you do stand to lose credibiilty by avoiding it.

Hopefully we will talk soon.

Straight offtopic, you even address it yourself.

I hope you have read until here, because reading what I wrote again it might come off harsh. Its not intendet to be that way, but I also dont see a reason to sugar coat it. This post is about your single post and not about your overal case, lets try and keep them separated.

[1] this is of course my interpretation as well as everything else regarding your feelings or those of other people.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:39:18 AM

Another thread? Are you serious?
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:59:00 AM

@tspacepilot

Don't play dumb!

~BCX~

Dear BCX,

Thank you for your very helpful reply.  I think I would take you more seriously if you didn't show up in every thread concerning quickseller and play vapid cheerleader.  Please take a moment to read the OP and consider whether it's okay that tomatocage can reply to me in that thread but I cannot reply to him asking him to move his reply to another thread.  If this is a little too complex for you to think about, just move along and try not to worry about it.

I hope you understand that sometimes the details matter.

Best,

TSP

Yes I think it is perfectly ok for TC to make a post and your off topic reply deleted.

The one thing that really makes me laugh over the years is people like you that think this is some sort of "fair, democratic, publicly controlled politically correct establishment"

It is not.

This is a PRIVATE forum that you voluntarily take part in.

It is not the official Bitcoin anything. Period.

You have "no right" to anything here.

If you don't like it here, GTFO.

last but not least, I could care less if you value my on point opinions or not.

Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~

tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:56:53 AM

Now I just heard from another person by PM that a message he tried to post in the main thread on this topic was deleted by a mod?!  Why on earth would this message be deleted?!

Post I made got deleted Huh

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

I do believe tspacepilot deserve to get the negative trust feedback removed and QS has not been right in doing this.

Those arguments before makes me convinces me that QS simply used a trust feedback as the next level of attack? Tongue
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:23:10 AM

lol moderators don't want that someone will write against QS or say in support of tspacepilot, only mine post and I think 1 post of tspacepilot  got deleted. even in this thread there is many off topic posts already.

No, I just think you personally are bitter when it comes to the DT list. I still value your input, but in this case I disagree with you. I think the rating by QS is fine.

I don't think rating from QS to tspacepilot is fine, because when we see scammer here in this forum normally there is many negative feedback to scammer but in tspacepilot case only QS think he is scammer even QS was not active on that time on forum.

If that rating was from someone trusted member who were also active on that time when it's happen I can understand why he got negative feedback but from QS i don't think, it's clear case of trust abuse.

Better QS will resolve issue from tspacepilot then keep going on this. It can be resolve easily.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:47:06 AM

lol moderators don't want that someone will write against QS or say in support of tspacepilot, only mine post and I think 1 post of tspacepilot  got deleted. even in this thread there is many off topic posts already.

No, I just think you personally are bitter when it comes to the DT list. I still value your input, but in this case I disagree with you. I think the rating by QS is fine.

I don't think rating from QS to tspacepilot is fine, because when we see scammer here in this forum normally there is many negative feedback to scammer but in tspacepilot case only QS think he is scammer even QS was not active on that time on forum.

If that rating was from someone trusted member who were also active on that time when it's happen I can understand why he got negative feedback but from QS i don't think, it's clear case of trust abuse.

Better QS will resolve issue from tspacepilot then keep going on this. It can be resolve easily.

You posted that in this thread, which is about the deletion of an off topic post, not whether you agree with Quickseller's feedback or not.

Ndnhc's post was restored.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:31:59 PM

What does ndnhc's post have to do with contacting tomatgocage Huh

It seems that threads continue to be created and continue to be derailed until tspacepilot can find a few quotes somewhat in support of him and locking threads when people speak critical of him. This practice is both manipulative and disruptive (and most of the people he quotes don't seem to actually be supporting him).

(Also he has been recently claiming that I am unable to explain my rating against him despite giving an explanation here which is in the first place in his thread, here in one of his duplicate threads, here in his original thread and here among other places in that thread.)

I personally find it offensive that someone has been allowed to derail as many threads as they have and write as many off topic posts as they have without consequence.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 01:59:39 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2015, 02:38:33 PM by BadBear

What does ndnhc's post have to do with contacting tomatgocage Huh

That thread may have started that way but it's pretty general overall, and it was the thread where it was being discussed (excluding the previous one that's now locked). I also removed the multiple threads he created and asked him to stick to the one he had already made, to further restrict posting in that thread retroactively would not be fair.

I have no intention of stopping people from posting their opinion about whatever, but they do need to do it in the proper place.

I personally find it offensive that someone has been allowed to derail as many threads as they have and write as many off topic posts as they have without consequence.

I want to see the forum itself have as little negative impact on the community as possible. To remove someone from the community entirely because of an issue they have with the forum (and to an extent, default trust) is not something I want to do. If it can be resolved another way, then that is what needs to happen (more moderation, warnings). This isn't always going to be possible unfortunately, and that's something I regret.

Not directed at you, just don't want to make multiple posts.

The constant derailing of threads does need to stop. It's extremely annoying and disruptive. Other people posting about their issues, are just as important as yours. To take the opportunity to use that thread as a soapbox, or to air out your grievances, or to try and make it about your issue, is not acceptable.

I've heard this excuse multiple times so I want to address it, just because you created a thread does not mean you can post off topic there. You do not own a thread because you created it (local thread rules may be applied at the moderator's discretion). Forum rules do still apply, and will be enforced.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: