Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:03:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinClockWork SCAM  (Read 1115 times)
andre1980 (OP)

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:00:34 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 03:36:54 PM by andre1980

As CoinClockWork conveniently locked his threads the minute his self imposed refund deadline expired, i'll post here.

CCW setup a investment game called CoinClockWork (see thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1145495.0), that paid out 1% hourly.
It ran OK for some time, but had withdrawal issues from the start. The site featured an innovative  auto-withdraw option that was buggy to begin with.
Sometimes it worked for hours, then it got stuck and only accumulated coins. The manual withdraw had bugs as well, in my case it lost 40.5XPY.
2 investors, Clipman77 and Vasilich exploited a bug with the withdrawal system and withdrew at least double what they should.
This had the OP fixing his script and stopping payouts.
It ran for some time, but never recovered and payouts were stuck for most of the time.
So, CCW decided to restart and refund everyone their initial investment and keep the coins already earned.
Some people like me had withdrawal problems for days; he offered us to refund, keep both paid out and accumulated coins in the wallet.
He setup an email and Skype account for refunds, and would refund within 48 hours after submission of the request..
Nothing happened, and after the deadline ran out he simply locked the thread so we couldn't complain or warn people.

As such, this thread, unless mods (already contacted) reopen the main threads.

We will post and link every one of his new games and threads here, so you'll be warned.

All "investor" games are risky, but CCW is one of the most untrustworthy OP's/admins i have encountered here. (Except ThunderFaN- Frederick John Schiller-)
The site didn't even last until investors made ROI (100%), CCW made promises he wasn't planning to keep.

Lost about 450XPY myself, but he agreed to refund 2551.50XPY (initial + coins in wallet)

Site: https://coinclockwork.com
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1145495.0 / https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1150007.0
coinhugger

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:11:36 PM

Yep, CCW made false promises and made us send TXID proofs and other info he required for refunds.

He just kept stringing everyone along with delays and more delays, all the while giving everyone involved false hope that he was going to refund the investors and restart the game. Ofcourse, he never refunded anyone.

My losses were significant (close to 0.6 BTC I estimate) as I was the biggest investor. CCW blocked my account very early in the game to prevent any withdrawals. He blamed it on CoinPayments and he just played dumb, knowing full well he blocked me because I deposited the most. I guess he figured it is better to just piss off one person than all the investors at once. A few days later he also blocked payouts from all other investors before they could reach ROI.

CCW ran a dirty game and if he will ever restart a similar game we can expect he will steal and rob and lie again just like he screwed everyone in the first game.

For good investor-based games I suggest looking elsewhere (EnlargerOK has been amazing, they know how to manage a good ponzi), but never to use any of CCW's future games.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:15:22 PM

I knew it!  That restart thing is fake, they just turned into scam
I lost ~0.01 btc :-/
BurgerKill

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:53:22 PM

This thread should be in the Scam Accusations section.
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 05:48:26 PM

I'm not sure if you realize or not, but CoinClockwork is a scam since the beginning.
I mean, what you expect from em' ponzi? Tongue

Life sucks.
andre1980 (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 07:30:21 PM

This thread should be in the Scam Accusations section.

This is the most obvious place as the original threads are still listed here, this might warn potential investors as well.
Also, it's no acccusation, it's a fact. He deliberately locked the thread even so we couldn't complain there.

I'm not sure if you realize or not, but CoinClockwork is a scam since the beginning.
I mean, what you expect from em' ponzi? Tongue

Yes, but not all ponzi's are the same. Some are at least TRYING to be successful. CCW failed within a week, before even getting much traction.
If he kept his promise, refunded and restarted after this, he could make way more than the maybe 3BTC he "collected" now.
I was expecting he could make at least a week or 2. But less than 5 days and only ended up with just a bit of dust..
Also, this will hurt his chances of setting up a new site. We, his biggest investors of group CryptoBanter will make sure of this.

Monopoly

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:05:29 AM

I knew they were ........ i am a lucky an that didn't buy their scripts ........... meybe they scammed me 10 BTC ......
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:44:37 AM

I posted twice in the thread, 100% of % hourly sites advertised here have scammed before roi day 4. This is the worsed run version I have seen on here.. 24% a day is not even sustainable for the average ponzi..... the only result being intentional scam from the beginning. Usually about half way through day 3.

Scammers cling to stolen coins like it's the air they breath. They were never going to be refunded.

The sites are old, excuses are old, but behold they will return with % hourly new site and hopefully you guys are wiser this time around.

If you see % hourly please insert "its a trap" meme into your pondering.
krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 06:48:15 AM

Yes, but not all ponzi's are the same. Some are at least TRYING to be successful. CCW failed within a week, before even getting much traction.
If he kept his promise, refunded and restarted after this, he could make way more than the maybe 3BTC he "collected" now.
I was expecting he could make at least a week or 2. But less than 5 days and only ended up with just a bit of dust..
Also, this will hurt his chances of setting up a new site. We, his biggest investors of group CryptoBanter will make sure of this.
True that. There is some ponzi owner that want their ponzi to be successful for example ChainProfit, EnlargerOk, and et cetera. Smiley
Also, I'm pretty sure CoinClockwork launch their ponzi to collect funds for their next scam attempt.

PS: Don't expect more from em' ponzi. Tongue

Life sucks.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 07:15:28 AM

i know they will ending scam,if you realized hourly profit 1% is a trap

krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 08:53:01 AM

i know they will ending scam,if you realized hourly profit 1% is a trap
At least there is some people realize about this scam and did not invest. Cheesy
Thumbs up to you.

Life sucks.
andre1980 (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:52:11 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2015, 10:15:26 AM by andre1980

Reply received from CCW 1 hour ago..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 2015-08-16 10:14 GMT+02:00
Subject: Re: CCW refund allegro16
To: Andre <>

Sorry we could not follow through, the .5btc and doge damage at the beginning was to much to uphold the program....while we wanted to continue the site there was no way we could refund everyones deposits for 2.0, hence we did not launch it.
Sorry to have let you and the others down, we do not plan on opening future games.

-ccw

At least this confirmed he scammed us and obviously the program was failing, as 0.5BTC seems recoverable with new investments, etc. He could have paid from his own pocket and the restart would fix the rest.
Unfortunate, but at leat now we know for sure.

I'll keep the thread updated (with his info) until we're refunded.
glorytime

Activity: 358

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:21:15 AM

Reply received from CCW 1 hour ago..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 2015-08-16 10:14 GMT+02:00
Subject: Re: CCW refund allegro16
To: Andre <>

Sorry we could not follow through, the .5btc and doge damage at the beginning was to much to uphold the program....while we wanted to continue the site there was no way we could refund everyones deposits for 2.0, hence we did not launch it.
Sorry to have let you and the others down, we do not plan on opening future games.

-ccw

At least this confirmed he scammed us and obviously the program was failing, as 0.5BTC seems recoverable with new investments, etc. He could have paid from his own pocket and the restart would fix the rest.
Unfortunate, but at leat now we know for sure.

I'll keep the thread updated (with his info) until we're refunded.

It sucks that he didn't even bother to write back all those investors who emailed him the TXIDs he asked for. CCW is not only a scammer but rude like a dirty old street dog as well.

andre1980 (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:47:58 AM

It sucks that he didn't even bother to write back all those investors who emailed him the TXIDs he asked for. CCW is not only a scammer but rude like a dirty old street dog as well.

Yeah, at least we have closure now, but he could have just posted this to his thread. It doesn't change anything, but would have been the right thing to do.
krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 12:35:02 PM

So, CoinClockwork became a scam because of Vasilich and clipman77 exploit the bug that they found in the system.
Seriously, this won't happen if both of them did not exploit the bug. Angry

Life sucks.
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:43:36 PM

So, CoinClockwork became a scam because of Vasilich and clipman77 exploit the bug that they found in the system.

scammers always blame others .. lol .. it was a known scam from day one.
krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 12:54:23 PM

True that. They fool me with their words, lol!
Fortunately I did not invest in their ponzi. Roll Eyes

Life sucks.
glorytime

Activity: 358

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:55:54 PM

Clipman just made matters worse by exploiting the bug to withdraw the pot and it caused the ponzi to collapse much sooner than it would have otherwise. However, by observing CCW's behavior he would have scammed too early anyway, he was very bad at managing the project and sucked at marketing it to make it a success for himself and for early investors. He missed a great opportunity, he could have made 50 BTC or more. Just look at the success of EnlargerOk with over 130 BTC and 34,000 USD deposits but using a far less complex script.  But no, instead CCW decided to take chump change in exchange for his feeble efforts.

james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:15:41 PM

Clipman just made matters worse by exploiting the bug to withdraw the pot and it caused the ponzi to collapse much sooner than it would have otherwise. However, by observing CCW's behavior he would have scammed too early anyway, he was very bad at managing the project and sucked at marketing it to make it a success for himself and for early investors. He missed a great opportunity, he could have made 50 BTC or more. Just look at the success of EnlargerOk with over 130 BTC and 34,000 USD deposits but using a far less complex script.  But no, instead CCW decided to take chump change in exchange for his feeble efforts.

lol dude, the amount they took from the site vs the amount ccw took from y'all is nothing. the amount won't affect the sustainity as it was about to collapse anyway. No supporting anyone here, just saying.
krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 03:06:54 PM

Clipman just made matters worse by exploiting the bug to withdraw the pot and it caused the ponzi to collapse much sooner than it would have otherwise. However, by observing CCW's behavior he would have scammed too early anyway, he was very bad at managing the project and sucked at marketing it to make it a success for himself and for early investors. He missed a great opportunity, he could have made 50 BTC or more. Just look at the success of EnlargerOk with over 130 BTC and 34,000 USD deposits but using a far less complex script.  But no, instead CCW decided to take chump change in exchange for his feeble efforts.
Well said, but you forgot that Vasilich also involved in exploiting the bug.
I'm pretty sure CoinClockwork not intend to stay longer in ponzi world.
I mean, they just want to collect and run away. Embarrassed

Clipman just made matters worse by exploiting the bug to withdraw the pot and it caused the ponzi to collapse much sooner than it would have lol dude, the amount they took from the site vs the amount ccw took from y'all is nothing. the amount won't affect the sustainity as it was about to collapse anyway. No supporting anyone here, just saying.
Let me give you an example.

1. CoinClockwork launched.
2. User A, B and C and they deposit into CoinClockwork BTC1, BTC2 and BTC3 respectively.
3. User B found a bug and exploit it. He earn BTC3 from the bug.
4. The balance in the system is now BTC3.
5. CoinClockwork realize that there is a problem and ask everyone to stop deposit their money/Bitcoin.
6. CoinClockwork promised to refund and launch v2, then, they realize they do not have enough money to refund everyone.
7. Huh

If you were CoinClockwork, what would you do in 7?
a. Refund investor 50%-100% of their initial amount deposited.
b. Launch v2, no refund.
c. Run away with the remaining fund.
d. Do nothing.

I'd choose a. What about you?
At least they tried to refund everyone.

Life sucks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: