Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:16:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2.0 throwdown thread  (Read 20953 times)
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 06:23:32 PM

The development of HZ consists of plagiarizing the work of the Nxt developers, even including the changelogs and readme files that I write. With about 6-12 months delay.

well.... they changed the color of the wallet too.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 06:43:55 PM

Why don't you delete all the fields and just put one field that says [turing complete]. X's next to all those coins and a big green tick next to Ethereum.

Ethereums programming language allows you to implement all those things in that list for far less cost in time and money.

Your coins are deprecated.

Didn't you hear that Counterparty recreated ETH on their blockchain?
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/counterparty-recreates-ethereum-bitcoin/

So, I'm pretty sure that's not true, but if you have some supporting info, maybe I'd consider it...

Technically CounterParty only ported the Serpent language and EVM from Ethereum on their testnet.  It isn't yet on the mainnet and hasn't been incorporated into their wallet.  It might be in a few months.  

jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:58:36 PM

I like how there were links posted.  I think more claims on this chart need to be backed up with links.  Actually, every single square should have a link I guess.

I totally agree re:links in every box. Any reasonable links provided will be added,
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:20:41 PM

That article seems to be big on press releases and very light on detail. I think the network effect of Ethereum and the Ethereum DAPP ecosystem will render BTC and current Altcoins redundant.

You don't NEED SIDECHAINS in Ethereum so that counterparty press release appears to be complete bollocks.

BURST and QORA both have turing complete at's, capable of doing ANYTHING which eth can do.

You really need to go and dyor....
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 10:43:25 PM

That article seems to be big on press releases and very light on detail. I think the network effect of Ethereum and the Ethereum DAPP ecosystem will render BTC and current Altcoins redundant.

You don't NEED SIDECHAINS in Ethereum so that counterparty press release appears to be complete bollocks.

BURST and QORA both have turing complete at's, capable of doing ANYTHING which eth can do.

No they don't why are you lying?

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Irontiga

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:27:26 PM

Go away, you're the only one lying. Not gonna talk to you anymore. JWinterm, we need a moderated thread.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 11:31:12 PM

Go away, you're the only one lying. Not gonna talk to you anymore. JWinterm, we need a moderated thread.

If you're not lying give me one shred of evidence. No actually you'll probably cook up one of your fake meaningless infographics

<-- Click here!
riceberry

Activity: 491

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:28:56 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 01:24:47 AM by riceberry

It's transparent what OP is trying to do with his biased silly chart.  Trying to FUD down ethereum, the blockchain which makes those other shitcoins look like a pile of shit.

Sorry ethereum stole your thunder, don't act so butthurt.

You are lols
jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:32:36 AM

...JWinterm, we need a moderated thread.

I really lean towards keeping things unmoderated. I think stoat's posts (here and in other threads) make it clear that he/she isn't interested in civil discourse and rational discussion. I almost think that stoat is deliberately being obnoxious to drive people away from Ethereum because its supporters are so obnoxious...almost.

Anyway, I'll try and make some of the suggested updates and possibly a few more later tonight.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 12:51:03 AM

I really lean towards keeping things unmoderated. I think stoat's posts (here and in other threads) make it clear that he/she isn't interested in civil discourse and rational discussion. I almost think that stoat is deliberately being obnoxious to drive people away from Ethereum because its supporters are so obnoxious...almost.

Anyway, I'll try and make some of the suggested updates and possibly a few more later tonight.

Nice conspiracy theory.  Maybe you should stop smoking canabis all day.

<-- Click here!
jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:11:28 AM

Nice conspiracy theory.  Maybe you should stop smoking canabis all day.

Maybe you should learn to spell cannabis. And if I could I would smoke cannabis at least part of the day, but sadly it's happening during no parts of the day currently.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 07:10:43 AM

Please help me out here, but I am under the impression last i checked (it has been some time) that both Qora and Burst have set up Ciyam's AT found here. http://ciyam.org/at/  I have also talked to Ciyam about this at the time I talked to him and he said the only thing that had really been made use of was a couple of cross chain transactions, of which were actually a bit of a complicated dance, yet still it was accomplished and was the first time in crypto (first times aren't often all that polished, so that is understandable).  But that is a far cry from completely turing complete "ANYTHING".  In fact if you look at CIYAM's documentation that I linked above he has actually only made 5 transaction types.  Those being atomic cross chain transfers, auction, crowd funding, dormant funds transfer, and lottery.  

Can anybody please send a link to more information about how Qora/Burst have gone to these 5 to anything?

It would also be nice to read more about the specific examples of turing complete transactions on these platforms if somebody has a link for those.

Irontiga

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:46:38 AM

Please help me out here, but I am under the impression last i checked (it has been some time) that both Qora and Burst have set up Ciyam's AT found here. http://ciyam.org/at/  I have also talked to Ciyam about this at the time I talked to him and he said the only thing that had really been made use of was a couple of cross chain transactions, of which were actually a bit of a complicated dance, yet still it was accomplished and was the first time in crypto (first times aren't often all that polished, so that is understandable).  But that is a far cry from completely turing complete "ANYTHING".  In fact if you look at CIYAM's documentation that I linked above he has actually only made 5 transaction types.  Those being atomic cross chain transfers, auction, crowd funding, dormant funds transfer, and lottery.  

Can anybody please send a link to more information about how Qora/Burst have gone to these 5 to anything?

It would also be nice to read more about the specific examples of turing complete transactions on these platforms if somebody has a link for those.

CIYAM's at's take a different approach to ethereum's. Ethereum went the route of a virtual machine, and CIYAM the route of virtual cpu....or maybe the other way round. Not 100% sure right now.

Here(http://ciyam.org/at/at.html) you can see
Automated Transactions Specification
------------------------------------

In brief an Automated Transaction is a "Turing complete" set of byte code instructions which will be executed
by a byte code interpreter built into its host. An AT supporting host platform automatically supports various
applications ranging from games of chance to automated crowdfunding and ensuring that "long term savings" are
not lost forever.

His AT's obviously meet his specifications ;P
Jean-Luc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 12:31:08 PM

The development of HZ consists of plagiarizing the work of the Nxt developers, even including the changelogs and readme files that I write.

I gave them and future cloners a notice: https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/notice-to-nxt-clone-creators

lead Nxt developer, gpg key id: 0x811D6940E1E4240C
Nxt blockchain platform | Ardor blockchain platform | Ignis ICO
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 01:23:00 PM

The development of HZ consists of plagiarizing the work of the Nxt developers, even including the changelogs and readme files that I write.

I gave them and future cloners a notice: https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/notice-to-nxt-clone-creators

I own a lot of coins, NHZ included.  Maybe time to slim up my portfolio. 

Sentinelrv

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:57:52 PM

Why did you remove Nu from this chart as it is a 2.0 technology? Did you see the answer I posted in response to your thread on Reddit? I will include it again below. Nu is one of the most unique networks in crypto and its voting mechanisms would have prevented the mess we see in Bitcoin right now. Further, we believe that stable currencies are the future of crypto and Nu is one of the leaders in this new and innovative market. We have now kept a stable peg for almost a year and are constantly working to improve our service.

Quote from: Sentinelrv
Whereas most crypto supporters believe mass adoption will eventually stabilize price, the creators and supporters of Nu believe they have it backwards, that price stability will encourage mass adoption.

Nu is comparable to a central bank, however it's the world's first decentralized bank. The network is split into 2 units, NuBits and NuShares. NuBits are pegged to the dollar. NuShares are free floating in price and represent equity in the network. NuShareholders control the supply and demand of NuBits through various decentralized voting mechanisms.

NuBot: We have a trading bot called NuBot which is designed to place buy and sell walls directly above and below $1. This bot keeps the peg as tight as possible.

Custodial Grants: If demand is rising and there are not enough NuBits already in circulation, shareholders will vote for a specific amount of NuBits to be created. Those NuBits will then be placed as a sell wall directly above $1 to prevent the price from rising too much.

Parking: If demand is in a slump, then shareholders can vote to increase parking interest rates. Doing so will encourage people to withdraw NuBits from exchanges to park them for a certain length of time in order to receive interest. This creates temporary synthetic demand to prevent the price from dropping below $1.

Variable Transaction Fees: With the release of v2.0, shareholders now have the ability to vote on the transaction fee. The fee acts as a natural way to destroy NuBits and permanently decrease the supply. Raising the fee rate will destroy NuBits at a faster pace, but could discourage transactions as well. It's up to shareholders to find an appropriate fee rate.

NuBits Burning: If parking interest rates have been raised for a while, but aren't having the intended effect, then this is an indicator to shareholders that the supply of NuBits needs to be permanently decreased. As a last line of defense for the peg, shareholders will vote to dilute themselves by creating more NuShares and selling them to raise funds. These funds will then be used to buy back NuBits and burn them to reduce the supply. When demand finally picks back up again, shareholders will do the opposite, vote to create more NuBits, sell them on the market and use the proceeds to buy back NuShares and burn them.

Liquidity Pools: Nu operates under a zero reserve model to eliminate counterparty risk. To accomplish this, we've created two types of liquidity pools. The first type requires a little bit of trust. Shareholders appoint a pool operator and provide them with a monthly grant of NuBits. Regular people deposit their own money with the pool operator. The operator then runs NuBot on an exchange to place buy and sell walls. The operator then provides depositors with interest from the NuBits grant as compensation for the risk of providing liquidity.

The second type uses software we built called the trustless liquidity pool. Once again someone is appointed to be a pool operator and they are provided with a monthly grant of NuBits. Rather than depositing funds with the pool operator though, people deposit money to the exchange they plan to provide liquidity for. They then install a client, which places buy and sell walls using their deposited funds. The client sends this trading data to a server under the control of the pool operator. This server verifies whether the liquidity is being provided and how much. After verifying, the server then distributes interest to everyone as compensation for providing liquidity. It's important to note that using this trustless method, liquidity providers maintain full control of their funds at all times.

Business Model: NuShareholders provide the service of a price stable crypto. This service costs shareholders as you can see from the monthly fees we pay out to provide for decentralized liquidity. The job of shareholders is to continuously increase demand and adoption for NuBits. As demand increases, new NuBits are created and sold. The proceeds are then either distributed to shareholders in the form of Peercoin or NuShares are bought back and burned. The transaction fee is also one way that users of the network pay for the service we provide them. The transaction fee slowly decreases the supply over time, which then allows us to create and sell more NuBits again for profit. In the future, NuShareholders will also decide to add more pegged currencies, such as the Euro or Yuan to target different markets.

If you would like an even more detailed account, I wrote an entire history for Nu, which takes new people through our entire evolution since we launched...

https://docs.nubits.com/history/

Please tell me if there is anything else you need to know.
jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:59:32 PM

Sorry I didn't get a chance to update table yesterday, I should have some time to work on it a bit tonight.

I'm thinking I should separate automated transactions and Turing complete scripting into two categories. I've had some people tell me that as far as they know, only Ethereum really offers Turing complete scripting, and the automated transactions/scripting is (I guess) a subset of that.

If anyone has any links, suggestions, etc., regarding this distinction I would greatly appreciate it.
jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:01:57 PM

I removed Nu because as far as I could tell it's only purpose was to provide a market-pegged asset. I tend to think of the 2.0 platforms as offering asset/share issuance and exchange, automated/scripted txs for decentralized applications, and other features along these lines. I'll read a bit more about it and maybe add back (maybe with Syscoin) tonight.
Nagalim

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:16:24 PM

I think you'll find B&C exchange (block shares) fit the bill very nicely.  As far as Nu (which B&C is forked from) the ability to vote on motions and control a cryptocurrency's supply using block chain consensus is certainly in line with decentralized share and asset issuance.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 04:08:46 PM

Thanks for the notice. In case you missed his response, MaWo responded favourably and said that he had merely forgotten. I've known him for quite a few months, and know that he's very different from john_connor: he's a "straight-up guy" who eschews hype.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: