Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if my account has positive trust is it value pushed up?  (Read 3191 times)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 09:16:58 AM

I think the admins should maintain a thread that tracks account ownership. There is no need to know who the new owner is but it would definitely be good for the seller to let people know he is no longer in control of the account, especially if it is an old account.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:25:12 AM

I think the admins should maintain a thread that tracks account ownership. There is no need to know who the new owner is but it would definitely be good for the seller to let people know he is no longer in control of the account, especially if it is an old account.
that's a lot of work to put on two people, and letting people know the account is sold could potentially lead to a red trust rating, which would significantly lower the value of the sold account.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 09:35:49 AM

that's a lot of work to put on two people, and letting people know the account is sold could potentially lead to a red trust rating, which would significantly lower the value of the sold account.

Ok maybe a community maintained thread then. There is no reason for the account to receive negative trust, as a matter of fact it would be a blatant abuse of power if someone would do it just because the account has changed hands. Trading of accounts is not against forum rules. It would be the decent thing to do for the seller anyway, especially if he is trusted by a lot of people. I'm sure you wouldn't want somebody to use your name to scam people who've come to respect you on here.
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 10:02:29 AM

Ok maybe a community maintained thread then. There is no reason for the account to receive negative trust, as a matter of fact it would be a blatant abuse of power if someone would do it just because the account has changed hands. Trading of accounts is not against forum rules. It would be the decent thing to do for the seller anyway, especially if he is trusted by a lot of people. I'm sure you wouldn't want somebody to use your name to scam people who've come to respect you on here.
The only thing wrong with that is that the sellers know that the price of the account will be higher if they don't mention that the account was sold. This means that there'll be a higher motivation to continue dealing accounts in private than telling everyone that you're selling it.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:20:17 AM

at the same time, if the seller/escrow are trusted, it would be a violation of said trust to let the world  know x account was bought. of course, there's no rule about this when account trading, but its tacitly known enough to assume that people (the buyers) dont want that kind of information known when accounts trade hands.

ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 10:39:17 AM

The only thing wrong with that is that the sellers know that the price of the account will be higher if they don't mention that the account was sold. This means that there'll be a higher motivation to continue dealing accounts in private than telling everyone that you're selling it.

at the same time, if the seller/escrow are trusted, it would be a violation of said trust to let the world  know x account was bought. of course, there's no rule about this when account trading, but its tacitly known enough to assume that people (the buyers) dont want that kind of information known when accounts trade hands.
^
No violation of trust if the buyer is made aware prior to him making the purchase.

Do not misunderstand me, I find absolutely nothing wrong with people trying to get the best price for their accounts. I guess my initial comment was more a reflex than anything else  Cheesy
In any case, let it be known here and now that I will never sell my account in this manner, regardless of the amount of BTC offered  Smiley
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:30:22 AM

^
No violation of trust if the buyer is made aware prior to him making the purchase.

Do not misunderstand me, I find absolutely nothing wrong with people trying to get the best price for their accounts. I guess my initial comment was more a reflex than anything else  Cheesy
In any case, let it be known here and now that I will never sell my account in this manner, regardless of the amount of BTC offered  Smiley
thats if and only if the buyer is fine with that information becoming public knowledge, but yeah, i get what youre saying. however, i would expect most buyers wouldnt be fine with that.

98problems

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 12:50:27 PM

the value is definitely pushed up in my opinion as people usually sell it for much bigger cost than usual accounts in this forum

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:04:58 PM

does the admins dont have any problem with this account trades ?

its fine with them as far as i know.
regulating account trades will be more of a problem as sellers will find other ways to sell it whenever they get caught

People have been openly trading accounts for a long time. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=93.0

One of the main reasons is to attempt ROI on a signature campaign. People buy accounts, enroll in a signature campaign and post to get their money back.

But as more and more people doing that the value of the account decreases, its just supply & demand.

If it continues, then it will push down sig campaign rewards aswell ,not only account value.

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:22:29 PM

regulating account trades will be more of a problem as sellers will find other ways to sell it whenever they get caught

People have been openly trading accounts for a long time. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=93.0

One of the main reasons is to attempt ROI on a signature campaign. People buy accounts, enroll in a signature campaign and post to get their money back.

But as more and more people doing that the value of the account decreases, its just supply & demand.

If it continues, then it will push down sig campaign rewards aswell ,not only account value.
Exactly, which is why I probably won't buy another account or sell this one. Over time account values and sig campaigns earning will depreciate in value over time.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:30:22 PM

Exactly, which is why I probably won't buy another account or sell this one. Over time account values and sig campaigns earning will depreciate in value over time.

Actually its better to sell it fast, because later on it will be valued less.

Its like with keynesian economics, how they make this consumerism economy work, they inflate the money out of your hands, so that you will be forced to shop all day so that you can buy things before the money in your hands evaporate in value.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: