Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:42:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think bitcoin makes money transfer more easier ?  (Voting closes: December 31, 2042, 08:44:21 PM)
yes - 27 (84.4%)
no - 5 (15.6%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin makes revolution on money transfer market ?  (Read 3065 times)
kenbytes (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:44:21 PM

Do you think Bitcoin makes revolution on money transfer market ?

harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:24:16 PM

Lol. I think I'll make a poll on the bitcoin discussion forum about whether people have heard of bitcoin. Good for post activity at least.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:06:10 PM

No, I don't think so. At least not directly. However the blockchain technology almost surely going to be the basis of many (if not most) future money transfer applications. Bitcoin itself is just too unpredictable and volatile at this moment and large chunks of the existing BTC are also controlled by unpredictable sometimes even unknown people, this scares away most financial institutions.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:09:40 PM

It depends what you mean by money transfer. If some guy in Asia wants to send BTC to a guy in Europe, there's no doubt it's easier and faster than sending $. Now, if the transfer starts with an Asian currency and must end up with Euros, conversion to BTC then to Euros will cost you more than with banks sending hard currency.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:21:01 PM

It depends what you mean by money transfer. If some guy in Asia wants to send BTC to a guy in Europe, there's no doubt it's easier and faster than sending $. Now, if the transfer starts with an Asian currency and must end up with Euros, conversion to BTC then to Euros will cost you more than with banks sending hard currency.
yes you are right but think about the time and the cost of a bank transfer.. if you wanna transfer a large cuantite of money

kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:25:25 PM

No, I don't think so. At least not directly. However the blockchain technology almost surely going to be the basis of many (if not most) future money transfer applications. Bitcoin itself is just too unpredictable and volatile at this moment and large chunks of the existing BTC are also controlled by unpredictable sometimes even unknown people, this scares away most financial institutions.
but if thoes large chunks of bitcoin are controlled of financial institusion ..think about that

trior

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:28:56 PM

Bitcoin is a revolution not only in money transfers but in anything related to money , so much like between diskettes and USB 3.0 sticks

Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:39:10 PM

More or less anonymous, but entirely decentralized, with virtually dust fee's and ~10 minutes confirmation of transaction;
i would say it's pretty revolutionary.
The real question about bitcoin is not about the question you're asking in op, but rather; why don't the mass majority of people recognize it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:41:11 PM

More or less anonymous, but entirely decentralized, with virtually dust fee's and ~10 minutes confirmation of transaction;
i would say it's pretty revolutionary.
The real question about bitcoin is not about the question you're asking in op, but rather; why don't the mass majority of people recognize it.
Because it has not yet reached de mass

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:41:49 PM

but if thoes large chunks of bitcoin are controlled of financial institusion ..think about that

That would scare away me from bitcoin Smiley. Bitcoin controlled by banks or even worse governments would be something like VISA and Mastercard on steroids :/. That's why I'm pretty sure sooner or later we will see a great rise of govt coins, that will make surveillance much easier and much more effective.
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:44:12 PM

That would scare away me from bitcoin Smiley. Bitcoin controlled by banks or even worse governments would be something like VISA and Mastercard on steroids :/. That's why I'm pretty sure sooner or later we will see a great rise of govt coins, that will make surveillance much easier and much more effective.
only the time will decide  Smiley

Rude Boy

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:33:13 AM

If bitcoin was accepted as a medium of global money transfer, people's money might be gets stolen -> www.directory.io (don't steal anything from here, but probability of stealing is less because of math) isn't it?
So bitcoin doesn't makes revolution on money transfer.

~Rude Boy Kiss
tadakaluri

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 02:36:53 AM

Bitcoin already makes revolution in money transfer market. Users of Bitcoin growing day by day, rapidly in all over the world.

Advantages of Bitcoin Payment:

Freedom in Payment
  • With Bitcoin it is very possible to be able to send and get money anywhere in the world at any given time.
  • You don’t have to worry about crossing borders, rescheduling for bank holidays, or any other limitations one might think will occur when transferring money.
  • You are in control of your money with Bitcoin. There is no central authority figure in the Bitcoin network.

Control and Security
  • Allowing users to be in control of their transactions help keep Bitcoin safe for the network.
  • Merchants cannot charge extra fees on anything without being noticed. They must talk with the consumer before adding any charges.
  • Payments in Bitcoin can be made and finalized without one’s personal information being tied to the transactions.
  • Due to the fact that personal information is kept hidden from prying eyes, Bitcoin protects against identity theft.
  • Bitcoin can be backed up and encrypted to ensure the safety of your money.

Information is Transparent
  • With the block chain, all finalized transactions are available for everyone to see, however personal information is hidden.
  • Your public address is what is visible; however, your personal information is not tied to this.
  • Anyone at anytime can verify transactions in the Bitcoin block chain.
  • Bitcoin protocol cannot be manipulated by any person, organization, or government. This is due to Bitcoin being cryptographically secure.

Very Low Fees
  • Currently there are either no fees, or very low fees within Bitcoin payments.
  • With transactions, users might include fees in order to process the transactions faster. The higher the fee, the more priority it gets within the network and the quicker it gets processed.
  • Digital Currency exchanges help merchant process transactions by converting bitcoins into fiat currency. These services generally have lower fees than credit cards and PayPal.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 02:50:56 AM

yes bitcoin use lower fee than other payment
you can compare it with paypal, paypal, pm, WU , bank transfer ,
also u can use bitpay for transfer instan to your bank

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:24:17 AM

If bitcoin was accepted as a medium of global money transfer, people's money might be gets stolen -> www.directory.io (don't steal anything from here, but probability of stealing is less because of math) isn't it?
So bitcoin doesn't makes revolution on money transfer.

~Rude Boy Kiss
if so will steal only smart people not the stupid people ho don`t know how to read "))))))))))

harrymmmm

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:42:12 AM

yes you are right but think about the time and the cost of a bank transfer.. if you wanna transfer a large cuantite of money

Hmm. Sounds like you mean he's not right about anything. I would agree with that then Smiley
harrymmmm

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:46:31 AM

I have no doubt govcoins will appear soon. Fortunately bitcoin will not be controlled by them in any future i forsee.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:16:31 AM

I have no doubt govcoins will appear soon. Fortunately bitcoin will not be controlled by them in any future i forsee.

I doubt any government or big institutions will allow for bitcoins to grow in bigger size. But surely bitcoin has made online money transfer easy.
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:24:47 AM

I doubt any government or big institutions will allow for bitcoins to grow in bigger size. But surely bitcoin has made online money transfer easy.
i think the government is watching bitcoin....this is the future ...why don`t we see that

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:40:28 AM

yeah but for now only online and especially with gambling site, but overall with everything else, because i do not need to put my cvv and other sensitive info of my credit cards, which is always a danger

i've heard about people that have their money stolen from their card some times, with certain site, because the employees can use the stored data and use your card

if you think about it they have the same security of a online exchange if someone hack it you lost big
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:53:27 PM

yeah but for now only online and especially with gambling site, but overall with everything else, because i do not need to put my cvv and other sensitive info of my credit cards, which is always a danger

i've heard about people that have their money stolen from their card some times, with certain site, because the employees can use the stored data and use your card

if you think about it they have the same security of a online exchange if someone hack it you lost big
that is a risk in every industry on the internet i think

HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:58:34 PM

Yes, it can be for sure with time.  Wink When banks will start accept BTC as payment ...  Grin
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:02:52 PM

Yes, it can be for sure with time.  Wink When banks will start accept BTC as payment ...  Grin
they will must accept because to many people will use bitcoin

RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 01:13:57 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2015, 02:23:18 PM by RustyNomad

In my case, yes, bitcoin makes things a lot easier and faster.

Before I had to wait for up to 5 and even 7 days for a wire transfer when withdrawing profits from my trading accounts. That all changed since having the option to withdraw in bitcoin.

If I now make a withdrawal in bitcoin before 3 in the afternoon I'm able to receive and convert it and have it deposited into my local bank account by the next day latest 5 in the afternoon. Sometimes even around 10 in the morning. So what used to take 5 to 7 days now takes me less than 24 hours to do.

Cost is another factor. Before it cost me anything up to $30 to make such withdrawals, now it essentially costs nothing.
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:25:29 PM

In my case, yes, bitcoin makes things a lot easier and faster.

Before I had to wait for up to 5 and even 7 days for a wire transfer when withdrawing profits from my trading accounts. That all changed since having the option to withdraw in bitcoin.

If I now make a withdrawal in bitcoin before 3 in the afternoon I'm able to receive and convert it and have it deposited into my local bank account by the next day latest 5 in the afternoon. Sometimes even around 10 in the morning. So what used to take 5 to 7 days now takes me less than 24 hours to do.

Cost is another factor. Before it cost me anything up to $30 to make such withdrawals, not it essentially costs nothing.
yes man that is what i try to say Smiley))....but lot of people don`t have internet acces ore don`t know how to use btc

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1126

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:52:11 PM

It has been a revolution for now, and bitcoin dont need any bank to accept it. Both of them have different principals, which banks want to take some profit from the money transfers, and in otherwise bitcoin give easiness for people in money transfers.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:55:19 PM

It has been a revolution for now, and bitcoin dont need any bank to accept it. Both of them have different principals, which banks want to take some profit from the money transfers, and in otherwise bitcoin give easiness for people in money transfers.
don`t need any bank to transfer btc ..and you don`t pay any cost ...really think about that

Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:31:17 PM

don`t need any bank to transfer btc ..and you don`t pay any cost ...really think about that
Sorry but I using blockchain to transfer my btc, not bank. Or maybe you could correct me if I'm misunderstanding your opinion Smiley Bitcoin can grow without banks, it just need an internet connection for you to access and use it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:33:30 PM

Sorry but I using blockchain to transfer my btc, not bank. Or maybe you could correct me if I'm misunderstanding your opinion Smiley Bitcoin can grow without banks, it just need an internet connection for you to access and use it.
thats what i said  Cool

Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:08:00 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 11:13:58 AM by Falconer

thats what i said  Cool
Oh damn, sorry I didnt read your post clearly, I thought you said we do need bank  Embarrassed

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:15:38 AM

Bitcoin is a revolution not only in money transfers but in anything related to money , so much like between diskettes and USB 3.0 sticks

But maybe bitcoin will be the diskettes compared to usbs in the near future. Something better than bitcoin could always come along, though hopefully whatever was better could just be implemented into bitcoins code if it was obviously better (though I doubt it would eb as easy as that looking at the current block sized debate debacle.
novadragon

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:24:13 AM

hahahaa,,,,thats funny, but i think yes, because btc have biggers user in internet  Cheesy
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:04:26 PM

I voted yes because I believe that bitcoin makes a revolution of money transfer. With bitcoin  you can now move billions of $ in your pocket without getting it seized.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:09:46 PM

Yes, I do think Bitcoin makes revolution on money transfer market because of the advantages like cost effective,time saving and freedom on transfer anytime from anywhere to anyone in the world.People including me already begin to use Bitcoin as money transfer in future we will see even more usage by millions.
newcripto

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:14:51 PM

I gave vote to yes.I strongly believe that Bitcoin is revolutionary on market transfer as I need only internet connection and some device and done to transfer funds without any restriction or to stay in line in some bank or so.
Minimii

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:21:33 PM

Ofcourse yes my fellow Bitcoiners Smiley
abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:05:03 PM

Do you think Bitcoin makes revolution on money transfer market ? voted for ''yes'' I do think so.
MisterMoney

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:23:59 PM

Yes I think so.
zero01

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:24:08 PM

I think possibly yes, the evidence bitcoin is very easy to use
NextTroll

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:17:58 PM

Yes bitcoin brings a revolution , it's the best money transfers
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:32:11 PM

Yes bitcoin brings a revolution , it's the best money transfers

Yes, it has already created an revolution when it comes to money transfers, people who holds bitcoins would never approach banks or other franchises for sending money, as it is time consuming and with heavy transaction fees and comparatively bitcoins has very low transaction fees and it is very quick to transfer money in any corner of the world.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:35:05 PM

Yes, it has already created an revolution when it comes to money transfers, people who holds bitcoins would never approach banks or other franchises for sending money, as it is time consuming and with heavy transaction fees and comparatively bitcoins has very low transaction fees and it is very quick to transfer money in any corner of the world.
Yeah but although bitcoin brings revolution on money transfer, most people in this world dont understand about that yet, so they still believe in their banks. A revolution would be useless if people dont take advantage of that, so we hope people would turn his moving to bitcoin to complete the main purpose of that revolution Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:43:07 PM

Yeah but although bitcoin brings revolution on money transfer, most people in this world dont understand about that yet, so they still believe in their banks. A revolution would be useless if people dont take advantage of that, so we hope people would turn his moving to bitcoin to complete the main purpose of that revolution Smiley
some people need to revolutionize its only afterwards can see the value of Bitcoin Smiley))

ummina

Activity: 70

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:07:37 PM

yes... i read more from google and the point is the bitcoin makes revolution on money transfer market.
cause what? if BTC havent to revolution, its will make the problem, like a system must to make renewal,
like a product must have new product...

i hope this can give the answer.. read here https://www.saveonsend.com/blog/bitcoin-money-transfer/

even more reasonable experts seem to be de-emphasizing a fundamental diversion in understanding of Bitcoin value that shall be considered for its potential in international money transfers. Here are the key points made by Bitcoin proponents, usually taken at face value.
    1. Large segment of consumers is suffering under existing, non-Bitcoin-based setup for money transfer
“The unexpected tragedy of the financial system” is quite representative in this regard. What is common about these articles is seemingly absolute lack of a field research or basic customer surveys. Speaking with enough low-income consumers who transfer money internationally, one could quickly discover that there is no “tragedy,” and, what is most puzzling, this segment is not even that eager to save on sending money. Why? It is not because low-income senders are lacking infrastructure. A large portion of SaveOnSend’ “cash” users have a smartphone and a bank account which could be easily linked for an online money transfer. BUT they are sticking with a cash agent, and, as the result, are paying 3-5-10 times more for sending money home. Counterintuitive? Yes. Tragedy? No.
Target segment for bitcoin money transfer
Target segment for bitcoin money transfer

And that is why, offline-to-online shift in remittances is happening at a crawling, 1-2% annually, pace and will be taking decades, not years. This is not unique to remittances. Such slow adoption is actually quite typical for other types of financial transactions: from cash to plastic cards, from checks to online billing, or from “swipe-insert” to “touch” payment.
      2. Bitcoin money transfer can help the needy
Articles about fintech-bitcoin are often trying to invoke “unbanked” “poor” or “women” as the reason and special focus for money transfer startups. Instead of simply acknowledging that these startups are primarily founded to make money and accumulate market power, we are asked to believe in their higher calling. Not surprisingly, such articles are always missing two critical components which would make those claims believable: 1) specifics on targeting such segments, 2) explanation on how to make money with such targeting.
Bitcoin money transfer for unbanked

This argument is misinformed on both the sending and receiving ends of a money transfer transaction. By definition, most of the senders who transfer $200/month to their families in India, China, Philippines, Mexico have money. Which means that majority of them have both a bank account and a smart phone. There are of course immigrants who transfer money illegally, but they don’t represent majority and their number are declining due to stricter residence standards and increased deportations. According to Xoom’s analysis of 2011-2012 WorldBank and FDIC data, 78% of US resident non-citizens have a bank account.
On the receiving end of remittances, being unbanked is not a significant inconvenience or cost issue. With around 500,000 Western Union locations, money could be easily picked up by the great majority of such unbanked recipients. There will always be pockets of consumers who live in extremely remote areas, but reaching them with an advanced technology in a cost effective way is simply unrealistic at this point (more on this later).
can bitcoin money transfer be available in remote places?

There is virtually no advantage between receiving money into a bank account vs. picking them up from a cash agent – in most cases, a provider’s margins are the same for either method (check for yourself with SaveOnSend app).
     3. Bitcoin money transfer is instant and, thus, doesn’t carry the FX volatility
There might be a misunderstanding about FX “volatility” in this context. Money transmitters, without bitcoin, are already evolving to a real-time-fixed-exchange-rate payment. For example, in the world’s largest corridor, USA-to-Mexico, many providers already deliver funds in minutes and more will join (see table below or see results with SaveOnSend app). The reason for why some money transmitters like Xoom or TransFast could already do it for 70-90% of bank-funded transfers while others still can’t is related to a risk management and bank connectivity, and, thus, could be eventually addressed.
Challenge for bitcoin money transfer: $300, Card-to-Cash, USA-to-Mexico, April 1, 2015
Challenge for bitcoin money transfer: $300, Card-to-Cash, USA-to-Mexico, April 1, 2015

On the other hand, money transfer via Bitcoin does carry an FX conversion disadvantage, a double-whammy of
– since bitcoin is more volatile than pretty much any other currency, its internal spread is higher (see the chart below) and so is its spread for each conversion
– bitcoin needs to be converted extra time or sometime even twice. For USD-to-MXN, it needs to be converted an additional time; for an USD-to-USD conversion when sending money from USA to countries like China or Philippines, it needs to be converted twice vs. zero times with regular remittance providers.
Ref_Rates_1_Edited

4. Bitcoin money transfer can dramatically reduce costs
Most of the potential savings for international money transfers could be realized today, immediately, IF ONLY senders stop going to cash agents and spend 3 minutes linking their bank accounts on their smart phones using their existing providers like Western Union or Ria Money Transfer. Not understanding why so many senders continue spending 3-5-10 times more while having a bank account and a smart phone will likely lead to many disappointments for bitcoin money transfer startups and their investors down the road (read our analysis of fundamental difference in behavior of senders from USA to India vs. Mexico).
Majority of Bitcoin remittance stakeholders don’t seem to be aware of how low the margins are in 2015. Many keep repeating an outdated adage of a 10% average margin instead of spending 30 seconds on SaveOnSend app or reading the latest brief from WorldBank. They would have quickly discovered that the weighted average global margin has been falling to 6% (Western Union‘s global margin is ~5.5%, Ria Money Transfer’s – ~4%).
So why are we seeing so many articles about high costs of sending money internationally? Because it was the case in the past, and it is hard to change our mindset to a fundamentally different input. As usually happens, high margins attracted more competition and prices have dropped 30% in the last 7 years alone (from the World Bank data):
Global Remittance Margins 2008-2015
Source: The World Bank

More relevant for Bitcoin-based remittance providers looking for tech-savvy early adopters, margins for online remittance in top corridors are in the 1-2% range. For money transfers from USA to India, the world’s most advanced corridor for the reasons we are describing in another SaveOnSend article, margins are approaching ZERO (see table below). And it is just a matter of time before other top corridors would follow same pattern.
Money Transfer Internationally: comparison of margins between incumbents and startups, USA-to-India, $1,500, bank-to-bank, July 1, 2015
Money Transfer Internationally: comparison of margins between incumbents and startups, USA-to-India, $1,500, bank-to-bank, July 1, 2015

Consumer or industry perspective aside, if a bitcoin-based approach is only different in how it moves funds across countries and how it records details of transactions, two conditions would need to be met in order for bitcoin to present a significant cost advantage: a) costs of those specific back-end processes need to be a substantial component of a provider’s P&L, AND b) existing providers are deploying those processes in a substantially inefficient manner.
Let’s review financial statements of publicly-traded consumer remittances companies. It becomes apparent that most of their costs are related to payments for receiving from and discharging funds to customers, customer acquisition, channel infrastructure, customer service, and risk-management-compliance, not in recording transactions or moving money cross-borders. Hence, providers are eagerly looking for more cost-effective ways to collect and distribute funds vis-a-vis customers, acquire customers, deploy offline and online channels, service customers, manage risks of releasing funds before getting paid… not functions where bitcoin seems to be offering a distinctive cost advantage. For example, Western Union spent HALF of all expenses in 2014 on “agent commissions” – whether underlying currency is fiat or bitcoin wouldn’t seem to make any difference. Or, let’s consider fraud-related expenses: the major issue in the remittance industry (e.g., the case of “employee impersonation” at Xoom or when people lie about having sufficient funds in their bank account or about not sending money or when hackers take over online accounts). Again, it is not clear why a bitcoin-based provider would be much better at preventing such “front-end” fraud unless it is a so-called “full bitcoin” transfer. In such case, we will have a potentially safer infrastructure, but a very slim chance of imminent mass adoption.
Some online remittance startups might be hoping to ride the current payments bubble, get $100-200MM of “cheap” capital from VCs and via IPO (TransferWise already raised $91MM and WorldRemit – $140M) and focus on profits a few years down the line. It is possible for a bitcoin-based remittance startup to follow the same approach… but then it is more about “cheap” money and not about reducing costs by leveraging “Bitcoin” innovation.
However, there are pockets of opportunities where costs of money transfer remain high. There is an obvious correlation between the corridor size and its competitiveness. For top-10 global corridors, each $10B+ in annual volume, including four covered by SaveOnSend app, margins for online transfers are generally below 2%. On the other end of the spectrum, there are numerous $1-5M corridors in intra-Africa with very little competition and, hence, much higher margins. For such prosaic reason, Western Union only enables digital transfer from less 20% of countries.
Western Union Online Send Markets - July 2015
So why are all well-known Bitcoin-remittance providers also targeting the world’s largest, most competitive corridors which already have the lowest margins? If their primary reason for a startup is to help poor, why not target corridors which are under the radar of incumbents and have no competition in digital (see the world’s most expensive corridors here)? Why setup headquarters in USA or UK and not in Africa where intra-countries margins are the highest?
Hypocrisy aside, finding a large enough corridor that makes a business sense for a bitcoin-based remittance startup while being small enough to avoid a price war with incumbents is a possibility that requires an extensive research. Let’s also keep in mind the trend in Western Union and MoneyGram’s margins over the last 5 years, including current price war for USA-to-India. Incumbents evidently don’t hesitate to lower prices/margins, even while losing money, in order to preserve their market share.
Another argument in favor of Bitcoin’s ability to reduce remittance costs is to focus on small amounts with an underlying assumption that such transfers would dramatically increase in quantity (e.g., if it costs little to send $10 to homeland, lots of migrants will begin initiating lots of small transfers). While some increase in smaller amount transfers is expected (read this interview with Western Union), we don’t perceive a major trend. If you come across any research on this topic, please specify it in the comments section below.
But even for smaller amounts, some mainstream providers are not charging any fee, in essence, creating variable-only pricing based only on the FX markup (see example below for sending $20 to Philippines). When it costs less than $1 to send money, it is hard to see how a Bitcoin-based remittance company could provide meaningful savings and persuade consumers to switch providers.
Bitcoin money transfer challenge: $20, USA-to-Philippines, Bank-to-Bank, April 15, 2015
Bitcoin money transfer challenge: $20, USA-to-Philippines, Bank-to-Bank, April 15, 2015

5. Bitcoin money transfer will destroy Western Union
Obsession with crushing Western Union seems to be a huge distraction for many startups, bitcoin and otherwise. One thing is to have a crazy audacious goal, another is to keep talking about it like such goal could be a reality in the next several years. To put things into perspective, 8 years since it got its act together, Xoom and Transfast are still 1/10+ of Western Union’s transfer volume, and after 4 years, Remitly is 1/50+ of Xoom’s. Remittances’ latest darling, TransferWise, is growing very fast and only after 4 years surpassed Xoom’s monthly volumes, but its business model is constrained to bank-to-bank transfers, therefore, its revenue would likely to stay marginal in comparison with Western Union’s (read why it will likely remain an industry leader in another SaveOnSend article).
International Consumer Cross-Border Remittances Revenue

Picking ANY corridor in the world and achieving 1% share would seem like a much more plausible milestone that a bitcoin community could rally around. Achieve that in few years and many skeptics would start taking bitcoin money transfer seriously. Instead, bitcoin community seeks energy in celebrating another clever way to compare its non-existing business with the world’s leader.
Money transfer - Western Union vs Bitcoin
Money transfer – Western Union vs Bitcoin

In the meantime, Western Union has proven in the last couple years as agile adaptor to online evolution – compare their online engagement statistics or online revenue in the previous chart with those of more recent entrants. And that maybe the biggest “blind spot” of bitcoin-based or remittance startups in general. They have an image, aka, “wishful thinking,” that Western Union is a cash-only business which missed telephony and clinged to telegraph into the 21st century. The reality is quite different, and Western Union’ decent stock performance leaves more doubt about its imminent demise.
Bitcoin Money Transfer: 2-year comparison of Western Union and other stock performance vs. S&P500 index
Bitcoin Money Transfer: 2-year comparison of Western Union and other stock performance vs. S&P500 index

6. The only reason preventing mass Bitcoin money transfer adoption is [enter your favorite]
Articles like this highlight something unique about stakeholders in a Bitcoin money transfer community, both startup founders and their investors. Rather than learning and embracing a challenging reality of consumer remittances today, they prefer to believe that Bitcoin by itself is a “game-changer” for remittances. The are betting on a miracle of new technology taking off once enough remittance consumers hear about Bitcoin features. In their views, if only a large retailer would agree to accept Bitcoin for money transfers or if a Bitcoin remittance startup would cut its fees and conversion rates to zero, mass adoption is guaranteed. Even more grounded Bitcoin remittance participants feel it is reasonable to compare Bitcoin with Skype and WhatsApp.
They seem to forget two most basic principle behind success of any innovation
       1. Manifestation of product-service virality takes weeks-months not years. WhatsApp and other “viral” giants spread like fire to millions of users and didn’t require second guessing. Nothing even remotely close has been transpiring with ANY bitcoin-based apps, and the active user base of the ones focused on remittances is typically measured in hundreds. Yes, it is possible, that one day in the future somebody will invent a fundamentally better bitcoin remittance app than anything available on the market today, but that has nothing to do with existing startups and their investors.FastestGrowingUserBase
       2. The happier consumers with their existing choices and the more work required by them to adopt, the more branding and marketing efforts are required to initiate said adoption. They should also embrace a harsh implication that an abundance of satisfactory options impedes adoption not only among customers but also among necessary business partners. Why would a grocery store engage with a brand new provider that has a miniscule remittance flow if they already have a satisfactory working relationship with “Western Union” and other well-known brands? Read how CEOs-founders of Bitcoin remittance startups describe this particular challenge: BitSpark, Abra and Rebit.
So even if some Bitcoin remittance startup raises $100MM of “cheap” money from VCs or via IPO and starts offering fiat-to-fiat money transfer for FREE, to win even a 1% market share in any top corridor would take years not months and require a full-out consumer engagement effort (SEO, PR, advertising, referral).
   But even if successful, what happens when there is the next 2001/2008-type financial crisis and “cheap” money is no longer available? Operating with no margins, what “dream team”of executives would be required in order for such bitcoin-based provider to survive? To be clear, similar challenges apply to ANY remittance startup in the online world – for example, see our review TransferWise.
So the biggest barrier to mass adoption might be that a bitcoin community is still dominated by idealists who are stuck in the “Bitcoin=Internet” paradigm rather than sceptical practitioners who would consider Bitcoin as just another novelty. Whether it is new brand of vodka, clothes, car, or remittances, the real “game changer” is in superb execution of more-or-less standard playbook. Miracles are known for tardiness.
Specific examples of Bitcoin money transfer apps
See updated list of bitcoin money transfer providers here
Abra (A Better Remittance App)
It is hard to imagine a better parody on the disconnect between bitcoin’s ardent fans and reality of money transfers than this presentation and the follow-up reaction – please watch it (only 6 minutes).

Now, this is actually a real serious presentation that won 2015 “LAUNCH Festival” Award. Moreover, the Abra app was hailed as the finally arrived “uber for remittances” and “Western Union killer.” But if you are not inside of the bitcoin bubble, you could be forgiven for chuckling few times while watching the video. Abra presentation starts with: “I wanna talk to you about Mexican immigrant named Bill” and proceeds with painting us a story of human suffering of someone in Mexico who has to “drive 2.5 hours” to the nearest cash agent. And Abra has the solution for those apparently greatly inconvenienced folks called the “human teller.”
Considering the ubiquity of cash agents, it is not hard to imagine a place that is so remote. There are numerous small villages, 50-100 residents, in such hard-to-reach places which remain there for historical rather than economic reasons. For anyone who ventures to such villages few gaps become apparent in Abra’s presentation: a) Mobile data connectivity, which could be spotty even around NYC, is usually non-existent once you are this far from larger cities and infrastructure, there is just no business case for deploying such capabilities, b) comfort-trust of technology, especially as it relates to money is far behind in its evolution, c) while it is usually very safe to live in those communities, the overall protection coverage by government is quite limited. So this “uber for remittances” “killer app” will be deployed to THESE areas?!
There might be definitely one segment who could be eager early adopters: criminals. There is finally an app for them which allows to quickly identify somebody with money in a vicinity and thus significantly improve effectiveness of victim targeting.
Thief Joking aside, even if we stop worrying about common sense and just go with this story, how would it look as an investment? Spending on localization, wireless data, customer service, etc., all to serve few people in remote areas seem understandable if those were marginal expenditures to piggyback on key metropolitan areas, but not as a targeted investment.
Longer-term, there is still another question on how Abra could make money if they only charge “human tellers” on each side 0.5% assuming all FX risk. At least for now, bitcoin spreads are higher and hedging is very hard to find, hence, it is quite expensive (cheaper mining businesses in developing countries are already looking for the same hedge). If you add to Abra’s margin each teller’s markup of 1%, the total margin gets to around 3% which is on a high end for corridors like USA-to-Philippines (check SaveOnSend app for other corridors).
FX Markup USA-to-Philippines; Q4,2014-Q2,2015
FX Markup USA-to-Philippines; Q4,2014-Q2,2015

For now, Abra is a pilot mode, singing up thousands of “human tellers,” so it might be another year before we start seeing facts about its transfer volumes and revenues.
BitPesa
Probably the best-known “use case” for Bitcoin consumer remittances, BitPesa’s expertise and specific focus is on money transfers to the middle part of Africa. It has raised close to $2M to date and its transfer volume has been growing at 30%/month from $50K/month earlier in 2015 to $400K/month by the middle of 2015. At the same time, BitPesa has struggled to gain traction among core remittance users in the outbound country where it first launched, UK. Instead, its typical early adopter is a small business owner who sends money occasionally. Facing this challenge, BitPesa has expanded its marketing efforts to potential senders from other countries like Canada and USA and began targeting B2B x-border payments (see informative presentation by BitPesa’s CEO).
       3. Rebit.ph
This startup has several success factors going for it. From the beginning, they understood that fiat-to-fiat is the only feasible path to gaining a meaningful interest among frequent money senders. Rebit also had a discipline to focus on just one destination market: Philippines; and starting with only few origination locations like the US and Hong Kong. They are also open-minded to a limited vision that Rebit might be only competitive for smaller money transfers.
          So far, Rebit has raised only $100K. Its repeat customer base is in hundreds, but Rebit is also attracting one-off users, in total generating 50-100 daily transactions. Rebit doesn’t charge fees making money on the FX-Bitcoin spread. Read Rebit’s extensive update and Q&A on Reddit.
Question for YOU: which bitcoin money transfer provider do you think has a practical chance to reach 1% market share in ANY global corridor in the next several years? Please describe your brief rationale in the comments section below.

ticoti

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:10:47 PM

Of course !

Is there any other way to transfer money instantly and without fees (and anonymously)?
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:49:48 PM

Surely yes.. With cheapest fees I think Bitcoin make revolution on transfer money option..
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:16:14 AM

I think this article could give us better approach about revolutionary payment system in bitcoin

'Revolutionary' payment

Despite the number of alternative payments that have emerged in recent years, Alasdair Rambaud, senior vice president for payment solutions provider CardinalCommerce and a self-proclaimed bitcoin user, said that bitcoin is pulling away from the pack by helping merchants avoid credit card fees and removing the need for currency conversion.

“If you look at Google Wallet, MasterPass, all the new ones are sort of the same and they don’t change the cost for the merchant,” Rambaud said. “All of those alternative payments don’t change the business model.”

Rambaud suggested that the ease of use promised by the products hasn’t proven enough to overcome the similarity of these payment methods to more traditional options.

Further, he explained that one of the key reasons he uses bitcoin is due to the high credit card fees he used to pay on his frequent travels to Europe from the US.

“I’m a French and US citizen, so I’m constantly using euros and dollars,” Rambaud said. “I found that using traditional methods of payment, these fees were pretty well hidden but fortunately I have a finance background so I was able to locate all of them and was not too happy with what I saw.”

Read full article here http://www.coindesk.com/cardinalcommerce-bitcoin-mass-adoption/?utm_content=bufferedae4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:06:28 AM

I will share my personal experience.
When I tried to send money to my friend in Nepal, it proved to be a very difficult and complicated task.
He is not near the bank or post office so I couldn't choose Western Union.
He also can't open paypal and have Visa cards for India and Nepal only, not international (and he can't get international VISA card).
They even don't have often electricity and internet during day so on the end I suggested him to open bitcoin wallet.
In this way he could finally receive money.
So, from my experience, yes, bitcoin really makes revolution on money transfer market Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:30:07 AM

I think this article could give us better approach about revolutionary payment system in bitcoin

'Revolutionary' payment

Despite the number of alternative payments that have emerged in recent years, Alasdair Rambaud, senior vice president for payment solutions provider CardinalCommerce and a self-proclaimed bitcoin user, said that bitcoin is pulling away from the pack by helping merchants avoid credit card fees and removing the need for currency conversion.

“If you look at Google Wallet, MasterPass, all the new ones are sort of the same and they don’t change the cost for the merchant,” Rambaud said. “All of those alternative payments don’t change the business model.”

Rambaud suggested that the ease of use promised by the products hasn’t proven enough to overcome the similarity of these payment methods to more traditional options.

Further, he explained that one of the key reasons he uses bitcoin is due to the high credit card fees he used to pay on his frequent travels to Europe from the US.

“I’m a French and US citizen, so I’m constantly using euros and dollars,” Rambaud said. “I found that using traditional methods of payment, these fees were pretty well hidden but fortunately I have a finance background so I was able to locate all of them and was not too happy with what I saw.”

Read full article here http://www.coindesk.com/cardinalcommerce-bitcoin-mass-adoption/?utm_content=bufferedae4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
that it`s a nice article man  Cool

kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:32:22 AM

When I tried to send money to my friend in Nepal, it proved to be a very difficult and complicated task.
He also can't open paypal and have Visa cards for India and Nepal only, not international (and he can't get international VISA card).
They even don't have often electricity and internet during day so on the end I suggested him to open bitcoin wallet.
So, from my experience, yes, bitcoin really makes revolution on money transfer market Smiley

that`s one good example ...who is not using bitcoin don`t understand

Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:43:05 PM

-snip-
Thanks Smiley

There is no better example other than a personal experience, since its really happened and not just a theory. Fortunately your friend still could opened his bitcoin wallet although they dont have often electricity and internet. Its great you have recommended bitcoin in Nepal Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:02:03 AM

bitcoin is an efficient way to transfer money quickly between two parties,  in the future the bitcoin universe will have to be worth trillions of dollars to facilitate the easy transfer of billions.
dreey

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:52:52 PM

it makes a verry big diference for thoes who know how to use it !
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:36:38 PM

I completely agree with this. still be a success in paving the way for mass adoption of the cryptocurrency/digital-money-transfer space.
bitcoin1992

Activity: 342

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:55:44 AM

bitcoin made a large impact on the payment processing systems , especially the fast transactions and low fees.  Bitcoin posed a good alternative
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 04:20:50 AM

Yes it have already revolutionised the money transfer market.
Now a days neteller is also accepting payments/deposits in bitcoins.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:36:01 AM

Magnitudes better! Now all my international transactions go through bitcoin. If you are experienced trader on localbitcoins, you could even make some money on both ends of exchange

Before, when I went to abroad, I used to take my credit card, and since not all the merchants accept foreign credit cards, (VISA and Master are expanding very fast though), the best way is to use a card that is issued by a bank in that country. But it is difficult to send money into that country anyway, and I lose a lot during the currency conversion process

Now with bitcoin problem solved, I just need to open an account in a bitcoin exchange in that country (if there is one), or post a trade advertisement at that country on localbitcoins (typically you can get a better price than exchanges on localbitcoins if you are the advertiser) and let the buyer pay to your account in that country. Of course you should have some experience since some scammers might direct others to pay to your account. It is a good practice to only accepting payment from traders with good feedback

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:25:09 PM

Of course it does, why do you even asking this question or making the poll. But however some people have the opposite opinion Lips sealed

faucet used to be profitable
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:51:11 PM

Of course it does, why do you even asking this question or making the poll. But however some people have the opposite opinion Lips sealed
you see...for that i make this pool Smiley))

frenulum

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

Do you think bitcoin makes money transfer more easier ?
yes

Jan 2018 recommendations: HST, ETN, HTML, EOS
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:23:46 PM

Bitcoin created a competing technology, forcing the other financial institutions to adapt to this change. If they do not adapt, they will loose market share.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:33:53 PM

It has definitely revolutionized money tranfer to some extent but it will take some more time for bitcoin to make full impact.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:34:54 PM

for sure. before bitcoin i had never thought it would be possible to send money from a to b online without a third party. and the best of this all is that we own our money now. we don't have to trust financial companies to take care of our money as we can do it ourself now.
shane

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:28:21 AM

for sure. before bitcoin i had never thought it would be possible to send money from a to b online without a third party. and the best of this all is that we own our money now. we don't have to trust financial companies to take care of our money as we can do it ourself now.

before i know bitcoin, i use paypal and payeer
but paypal is very complicated, we must upload some document before can send money

and payeer give big fee pertransaction,

after i know bitcoin now I can send money without leaving a trace
and a low fee

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

mallard

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 11:04:37 AM

That's why I'm pretty sure sooner or later we will see a great rise of govt coins, that will make surveillance much easier and much more effective.

I don't think that we'll ever see a cryptocurrency created by a government.
Governments want to be able to control the economy, and cryptocurrency makes it harder to do that.
b457

Activity: 168

BURSTcoin - Burst-team.us

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 11:15:55 AM

I don't think that we'll ever see a cryptocurrency created by a government.
Governments want to be able to control the economy, and cryptocurrency makes it harder to do that.
It is as hard to control as cash. It could also be easier to control because of the transparent blockchain.
So you could see who is sending money to whom.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 11:24:50 AM

-snip-
Thanks Smiley

There is no better example other than a personal experience, since its really happened and not just a theory. Fortunately your friend still could opened his bitcoin wallet although they dont have often electricity and internet. Its great you have recommended bitcoin in Nepal Smiley

Thank you!
I'm doing my best Smiley
When I speaking only theoretically with my friends about BTC it seems they can't understand or accept it, they are usually very skeptic.
But, when I show them practical way how to use bitcoin in their everyday life, they become very interesting, like my friend in Nepal now. Smiley
Transfer market is ideal to show all the advantages of Bitcoin.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:51:59 PM

Bitcoin created a competing technology, forcing the other financial institutions to adapt to this change. If they do not adapt, they will loose market share.
I do not think they did that ..but in the near future they will be forced to accept bitcoin Smiley)...if not they will be loosing

irfan01

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:35:06 AM

may be, if bitcoin is well known in the community and accepted by the general public, bitcoin might change the transfer market
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:16:08 PM

I do not think that Bitcoin can make revolution in money transfer market, people can transfer money through online banks worldwide without any problem  Grin
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 06:50:50 PM

I do not think that Bitcoin can make revolution in money transfer market, people can transfer money through online banks worldwide without any problem  Grin
the only problem it`s the cost Cool

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:19:33 AM

In some countries, people are using bitcoin to send money overseas since it is secure, fast and low in cost in making transactions.
The main attraction of bitcoin on money transfer market is the very low cost in sending money.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:59:20 PM

BTC becomes popular payment method due to its offered advantage compared with traditional ways. I dont have to enter all my information, register, etc. I just need to copy and paste an address to send to and the amount to send
mallard

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:15:39 PM

You will probably get biased results posting it on this forum.
Everyone here (hopefully) believes in Bitcoin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: