Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:36:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD FLY THREAD  (Read 163608 times)
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:34:51 PM

So long as cryptopia plans to get to the correct version of the wallet when it is available and they keep the wallet in maintenance mode so you cannot withdraw until they have it on the correct version, there should be no reason to move your coins at all. I think their may be a fundamental misunderstanding here.. you cannot erase balances from the blockchain, unless you roll back the chain.

I suppose some of the confusion here is that the information about what is going on is for some reason being kept private. Why is the most honest guy in crypto keeping secrets is one of the questions I have about this.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 02:47:13 PM

OK..thanks....all I knew was to withdraw my coins to v 1.7.1. Just making sure.

Hey, I see you have XRA in your sig. Are you a dev for them too? I only have a few but it hasn't been doing very good. Hanging onto the few I have.

Thanks,
CapnBDL
      Cool

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 03:02:22 PM

So long as cryptopia plans to get to the correct version of the wallet when it is available and they keep the wallet in maintenance mode so you cannot withdraw until they have it on the correct version, there should be no reason to move your coins at all. I think their may be a fundamental misunderstanding here.. you cannot erase balances from the blockchain, unless you roll back the chain.

I suppose some of the confusion here is that the information about what is going on is for some reason being kept private. Why is the most honest guy in crypto keeping secrets is one of the questions I have about this.

Like u wrote, it seems, it was a totally misunderstanding, how the exchanges work.

But from investors side it was very wise from Vegas, to warn us, before something could get worst! We are really working on a serious coin and handle it like a business...Also, we can make mistakes, like u!

If we fully understand UR bugs, we can move on and everything will work smoothier than before!

Greetz
Meta
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 03:18:18 PM

Like u wrote, it seems, it was a totally misunderstanding, how the exchanges work.

But from investors side it was very wise from Vegas, to warn us, before something could get worst! We are really working on a serious coin and handle it like a business...Also, we can make mistakes, like u!

If we fully understand UR bugs, we can move on and everything will work smoothier than before!

Greetz
Meta

Thanks for keeping us so informed. I don't know code or how exchange coding works either, so I am doing my best to keep the FLY investors informed. Some of them never bother to read the thread and depend on..'FuD' or the crap they read in the troll-rooms. I try to give them the straight scoop, as I understand it. But the tech stuff is over my head. Trying to put it into common days terms is tough sometimes. Most people know me in the rooms, so I'm trusted (I hope). Like my sig line says..stuck here anyway, so why not help a coin you believe in? It just me!! lol

Thanks again and as soon as I hear something, I can let others know,

CapnBDL
      Cool

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:23:08 PM

Hey, I see you have XRA in your sig. Are you a dev for them too? I only have a few but it hasn't been doing very good. Hanging onto the few I have.

Thanks,
CapnBDL
      Cool

Yep, XRA is working quite nicely, have had no reason to make any forks or additions to the code because the blockchain is performing exactly as it should!

Greetz
Meta

I didn't make this last fork, so the bugs are not mine. And to be honest keez has done an amazing job with what I have seen in the commits. When I created the additional transaction fee code, it was something that had never been done or seen before and is quite complex. keez added another even more complex layer to the code, and of course there are bound to be bugs with this level of complexity and on vegas' time table of get it done tomorrow or I will blow everything up.

Realistically it would be great if vegas had a more accomodative/non-adhd timeline where the developer could use testnet for a few weeks to make sure everything works as it should and make proper bug fixes. Unfortunately the timetable is much different and major protocol updates are being crammed in way to fast.

I have now sold out the majority of my FLY but still have a few lingering around to play with. I will continue watching the thread and hopefully vegas will post the full details about what is going on, instead of just private messaging them only to crestington.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 03:30:11 PM

Thanks,
CapnBDL
      Cool

Yep, XRA is working quite nicely, have had no reason to make any forks or additions to the code because the blockchain is performing exactly as it should!

Greetz
Meta

I didn't make this last fork, so the bugs are not mine. And to be honest keez has done an amazing job with what I have seen in the commits. When I created the additional transaction fee code, it was something that had never been done or seen before and is quite complex. keez added another even more complex layer to the code, and of course there are bound to be bugs with this level of complexity and on vegas' time table of get it done tomorrow or I will blow everything up.

Realistically it would be great if vegas had a more accomodative/non-adhd timeline where the developer could use testnet for a few weeks to make sure everything works as it should and make proper bug fixes. Unfortunately the timetable is much different and major protocol updates are being crammed in way to fast.

I have now sold out the majority of my FLY but still have a few lingering around to play with. I will continue watching the thread and hopefully vegas will post the full details about what is going on, instead of just private messaging them only to crestington.

Oh Man....so it is true that you are done with FLY? CRAP!! Sorry to see you go. I still like the idea behind FLY tho, even if I don't have a bunch. Sure wish I would have known you were selling. I'd like to buy a few more. Not enough for a bunch...is sux to be poor.

I'm sure FLY will miss you. Good Luck.

and Thanks,
CapnBDL
      Cool

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:41:24 PM

Well its no secret that I dived in this project premature. Im not concerned at all as everyone can see clearly that my intent is all good. That is my main concern is that people will panic when there is no reason to panic. I have a very obscure system that might take a few tries to get right. But I wont give up because this is going to be to the benefit of the people that need it the most. I will be working non stop diligent until we have everything right. Those that remain calm , as everyone has will LOVE the end result. So work with us, we are going to put you through a few more updates, and I promise , you will be sooooo glad you stuck by our side. Thanks to everyone. I will be working wtih Keesdewit all day long on this, and will be posting on progress throughout the day.

Vegas   

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 03:57:44 PM

Well its no secret that I dived in this project premature. Im not concerned at all as everyone can see clearly that my intent is all good. That is my main concern is that people will panic when there is no reason to panic. I have a very obscure system that might take a few tries to get right. But I wont give up because this is going to be to the benefit of the people that need it the most. I will be working non stop diligent until we have everything right. Those that remain calm , as everyone has will LOVE the end result. So work with us, we are going to put you through a few more updates, and I promise , you will be sooooo glad you stuck by our side. Thanks to everyone. I will be working wtih Keesdewit all day long on this, and will be posting on progress throughout the day.

Vegas   

Thanks so much for the work you and keesdewit have been doing. I haven't been in a panic or even worried. Just waiting is such a hard game to play in Crypto-world. lol
Keep us informed.

Thanks,
CapnBDL
      Cool

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:14:42 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 05:19:37 AM by vegasguy

Thanks,
CapnBDL
      Cool

Greetz
Meta

Presstab what happened between us was tragic. Im still sad today about it. I really and truly mean that. I still to this day dont understand. You are a good person, I am too. So we both know the facts, and none of it makes any sense. I was trying to put this behind us and move on. I have respected you and have not contacted you as you have asked, I have not posted in your thread. So when you keep posting here, people are going to begin to ask questions, and then I have no choice but to post absolute facts about what happened. Because if I dont, then it looks like im hiding something or did something wrong. So I think we both made some poor judgments that caused us to separate. I respectfully ask that you discontinue discussing it for both of our benefits. It is the best way.  But Ill let you make that decision.

I didn't make this last fork

Correct, this last fork and all future code will not be any part of Presstabs work. The last 2 wallet updates were codes by Keesdewit.

I didn't make this last fork, so the bugs are not mine. And to be honest keez has done an amazing job with what I have seen in the commits. When I created the additional transaction fee code, it was something that had never been done or seen before and is quite complex. keez added another even more complex layer to the code, and of course there are bound to be bugs.

Agreed 100%. Presstab and Kees are probably the 2 top, most talented developers out there , and they both have been challenged by this horribly complex code. It is NOT lack of talent on their end. Its the fact that I am asking them to do things that have never been attempted in crypto before. So the truth is NOBODY knows what the results will look like. So in an effort to protect reputations, I am the one that is directing these changes to Keesdewit to code. Please do  NOT blame him for bugs. I take full blame when things dont work right. I was the one who directed Presstab to code the 10% fee to Yobit. This had NEVER been attempted before, and Presstab did warn me, in advance that it may not work, and I told him I wanted him to do it anyway and he did. So I want to be clear to everyone about how things are functioning and did function when Presstab was hired by me. Its what happened AFTER the code didnt work on Yobit that I want to forget about Sad  <sigh>

Vegas' time table of get it done tomorrow or I will blow everything up.

There has only been one time were I have pushed Kees to "get it done now", and thats when withdrawls were stuck on Yobit, and he came we met for the very first time and he said "I can help you". I informed him that yobit had frozen transactions and Ive been looking frantically for a developers for days to help me. I was so desperate to get this fixed and find a dev, that I spammed the forums so hard , I got my account banned for about 10 days for "Spamming the threads", as I had kept posting "Please I need a dev to help, our funds are frozen on yobit". My ban was fully deserved as I admit I was overly aggressive when looking for a dev to help us.

When we decided to go with the new table of fees for V1.70 Kees was notified on 11/11/15 about the changes I wanted and that we we fork on 11/22/15. I never hounded him, or pushed him. He would actually email me with a few questions. You have my full permission to email Kees and verify the facts contained here. I never once pushed him, or initiated an email asking "when will it be done?". It was cool and calm, and stress free. Even now, Crytopia is in maintenance mode. I havent emailed him. Im calm, because he knows what needs to be done, and he takes the initiative.

adhd
I shared this with you in private. I thought I didnt have to explain to you to keep this confidential. The reason is many people are not educated on adhd, so many times people with adhd are misunderstood. But while youve brought it up, some of the most creative people in the world have been diagnosed with this "disorder" including Walt Disney, Justin Timberlake, Steve Jobs, Michael Jordan, Jim Carrey, John F. Kennedy and finally the most intelligent man that ever walked the earth... Albert Einstein. So, Let me be crystal clear on this. Im not ashamed. This was and is still today commonly used to bully and degrade people that have this "disorder". It used to affect me, and me feel ashamed of my "disorder" 20 years ago, but today ive come to terms with it, and I have just accepted it as part of me. It doesnt define who I am, there is nothing I can do to change it, so scream it from the roof tops. Have fun!!! As a teenager I learned quickly that I couldnt physically fight. Out of desperation I called to my mind for answers, and it gave me over 100 different ways to deal with my attacker. Of course at a young age, I used to think it was funny to choose the option, that inflicts the most pain on those that were bullying me. Although it certainly was effective, I learned later in life that it was not necessary, and the wrong way to handle things. Today I just bind those in place. They are so stuck, they cannot move. The more they try to fight, the harder they get stuck and tangled in their own web of lies. This is an non aggressive approach. This is usually always enough to get my message across. I try to use minimal force to defend myself as Im not violent and dont like confrontation. Living with adhd has taught me to have empathy for those with disorders outside of mental health including but not limited to diabetes , heart disease, those that might be wheelchair bound, and anything else you can think of. Its actually made me MORE caring and more compassionate person, and I wouldnt change it if I could. Today I use my gift to help those less fortunate than myself, in the real world and in crypto.

Hopefully Vegas will post the full details about what is going on, instead of just private messaging them only to Crestington.

First, ask me ANYTHING. I will answer it in FULL detail as much as you want. If that answer is not satisfactory, then I will answer in more detail. This helps others understand what is going on too. See, I am careful with my actions as I already know there are those out there that will stop at nothing to shut down FLY. My worse crime is getting WAY over emotional, as I am so passionate about my work here.
The reason why I PM Crestington, is because I needed someone to talk to AND understand the code and why the chain stopped for 2 hours. Crestington is a fantastic listener, and the day had not gone as planned, and I just needed someone to talk to and look at the code and help ME understand what had happened.

So anyone is welcome to ask anything they like, and I will gladly answer. IF the question is about the code, the code is open source. So for those like Presstab there should not be questions about the source code, but if there is, I will need some time to ask Kees, and will copy and paste the answer. So any and all questions are welcome, and I will answer them all in great detail. Until then, Kees and I will be working together today.

Thank you all

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:43:48 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 08:30:07 PM by Woody20285

Vegas - What a wonderful post - Thank you for the clear summary.
            I think everyone can see that you are dedicated to this coin.

While many coins are being dumped by devs., you have set a system
            where the dev. (you) and those on the team have volunteered to join
            you in not selling from their main wallets and only selling POS.

Look how many have claimed their wallets on the Richlist.
            I encourage everyone who has not done so to do it. Many will not
            but, the fact that many of the top holders have makes FLY special.
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:48:56 PM

So guys I just talked to Keesdewit that does all of our coding. Like myself he is a extremely honest guy. He told me this:

"Looking at the code now, what we are implementing is not as easy as I originally thought. Because implementing this fee table affects every other area of the code. So once the fee table is implemented many many other areas are affected. I think its best that I take my time and go line by line and make sure everything in the code is compatible with the fee table. The part that some people may not like is how long this is going to take, and my estimate is about a week. I can put a quick fix out, but I dont think this is the best way. I want to start over and methodically go through the code and implement the changes were they need to be. This could take about a week. I fear that I may upset the investors because they have to wait this long, but it is the best way".

So Ive made the decision to have him go through the code and take the time he needs to make this right, and if he needs more time, I will allow him more time. Kees and I BOTH agree that quality is everything. So I am welcome to feedback, good or bad. We can talk about this, and I will be updating this thread as kees moves forward. I am sure that even though FLY is going through "a rough patch", I am 100% confident that it is and will be the greatest crypto EVER. Kees will be working everyday for a week straight to bring you excellence. I am open to any and all questions.

Thank you

Vegas

GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 08:35:23 PM

I have no problem with that time line. I always prefer quality over quickness. What about POS? can we let the actual wallet open for POS?

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:57:33 PM

Yes, you can pos and stake but dont send anything to the exchange. So everything will function while we work on the new code except the exchange.

Vegas

metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 10:15:49 PM

I wanna share some thoughts, one of our teammember wrote, because he hit the nail on the head:

"...OK...to be honest..from the view-point of the mining community first.
BTC 2.0 isn't going to come about anytime soon. I can say this with certainty because the pool operators do not believe in it. I am still mining BTC so I know this to be true.

​features are only as good as the people using them. Right now MOST of these clowns are looking for the quick buck. Education about FLY is or should be somewhat of a priority. Just my view, but you will find it true, as well.

Ideas are wonderful, if they are practical and 'marketable'. I think that may be a big part that I play here.
Being that I HAVE been doing this for so long...I know a good many of these people. I know how to read them, I can tell you by chatting who is worth the time and who isn't. Some will NEVER be sold on the idea..that is just the way it is.

​Also, on ...(name of exchange deleted), we have a VERY big audience. Being kind...most are FuD. The 'quick' buck, scam types.
I will say though...I much more prefer ...(exchange ) to ...(exchange ). ...(Exchange) was even worse as it was a big ...(exchange).

America hasn't truly come to believe in crypto yet...it is a country just awakening. So...our job will not be easy..but it will be challenging..."

Our Members are really wonderful, and I can feel big thoughts and ideas incoming!

Greetz
Meta
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:26:47 PM

Thanks,
CapnBDL
      Cool

Greetz
Meta

Presstab what happened between us was tragic. Im still sad today about it. I really and truly mean that. I still to this day dont understand. You are a good person, I am too. So we both know the facts, and none of it makes any sense. I was trying to put this behind us and move on. I have respected you and have not contacted you as you have asked, I have not posted in your thread. So when you keep posting here, people are going to begin to ask questions, and then I have no choice but to post absolute facts about what happened. Because if I dont, then it looks like im hiding something or did something wrong. So I think we both made some poor judgments that caused us to separate. I respectfully ask that you discontinue discussing it for both of our benefits. It is the best way.  But Ill let you make that decision.

I didn't make this last fork

Correct, this last fork and all future code will not be any part of Presstabs work. The last 2 wallet updates were codes by Keesdewit.

I didn't make this last fork, so the bugs are not mine. And to be honest keez has done an amazing job with what I have seen in the commits. When I created the additional transaction fee code, it was something that had never been done or seen before and is quite complex. keez added another even more complex layer to the code, and of course there are bound to be bugs.

Agreed 100%. Presstab and Kees are probably the 2 top, most talented developers out there , and they both have been challenged by this horribly complex code. It is NOT lack of talent on their end. Its the fact that I am asking them to do things that have never been attempted in crypto before. So the truth is NOBODY knows what the results will look like. So in an effort to protect reputations, I am the one that is directing these changes to Keesdewit to code. Please do  NOT blame him for bugs. I take full blame when things dont work right. I was the one who directed Presstab to code the 10% fee to Yobit. This had NEVER been attempted before, and Presstab did warn me, in advance that it may not work, and I told him I wanted him to do it anyway and he did. So I want to be clear to everyone about how things are functioning and did function when Presstab was hired by me. Its what happened AFTER the code didnt work on Yobit that I want to forget about Sad  <sigh>

Vegas' time table of get it done tomorrow or I will blow everything up.

There has only been one time were I have pushed Kees to "get it done now", and thats when withdrawls were stuck on Yobit, and he came we met for the very first time and he said "I can help you". I informed him that yobit had frozen transactions and Ive been looking frantically for a developers for days to help me. I was so desperate to get this fixed and find a dev, that I spammed the forums so hard , I got my account banned for about 10 days for "Spamming the threads", as I had kept posting "Please I need a dev to help, our funds are frozen on yobit". My ban was fully deserved as I admit I was overly aggressive when looking for a dev to help us.

When we decided to go with the new table of fees for V1.70 Kees was notified on 11/11/15 about the changes I wanted and that we we fork on 11/22/15. I never hounded him, or pushed him. He would actually email me with a few questions. You have my full permission to email Kees and verify the facts contained here. I never once pushed him, or initiated an email asking "when will it be done?". It was cool and calm, and stress free. Even now, Crytopia is in maintenance mode. I havent emailed him. Im calm, because he knows what needs to be done, and he takes the initiative.

adhd
I shared this with you in private, I thought I didnt have to explain to you to keep this confidential. The reason is many people are not educated on adhd, so many times they are misunderstood. But while youve brought it up, some of the most creative people in the world have been diagnosed with this "disorder" including Walt Disney, Justin Timberlake, Steve Jobs, Michael Jordan, Jim Carrey, John F. Kennedy and finally the most intelligent man that ever walked the earth... Albert Einstein. So, Let me be crystal clear on this. Im not ashamed. This was and is still today commonly used to bully and degrade people that have this "disorder". It used to affect me, and used to feel ashamed of my "disorder" 20 years ago, but today ive come to terms with it, and I have just accepted it as part of me. It doesnt define who I am, there is nothing I can do to change it, so scream it from the roof tops. Have fun!!! It has taught me to have empathy for those with disorders outside of mental health including but not limited to diabetes , heart disease, those that might be wheelchair bound, and anything else can think of. Its actually made me MORE caring and more compassionate person, and I wouldnt change it if I could. Today I use my gift to help those less fortunate than myself, in the real world and in crypto.

Hopefully Vegas will post the full details about what is going on, instead of just private messaging them only to Crestington.

First, ask me ANYTHING. I will answer it in FULL detail as much as you want. If that answer is not satisfactory, then I will answer in more detail. This helps others understand what is going on too. See, I am careful with my actions as I already know there are those out there that will stop at nothing to shut down FLY. My worse crime is getting WAY over emotional, as I am so passionate about my work here.
The reason why I PM Crestington, is because I needed someone to talk to AND understand the code and why the chain stopped for 2 hours. Crestington is a fantastic listener, and the day had not gone as planned, and I just needed someone to talk to and look at the code and help ME understand what had happened.

So anyone is welcome to ask anything they like, and I will gladly answer. IF the question is about the code, the code is open source. So for those like Presstab there should not be questions about the source code, but if there is, I will need some time to ask Kees, and will copy and paste the answer. So any and all questions are welcome, and I will answer them all in great detail. Until then, Kees and I will be working together today.

Thank you all

Vegas

Haha well FLY is definitely one of the most interesting Coins around. Vegas just reached out to me about some advice on what to do and I agree with presstab in that the best route in creating anything that has to do with a hardfork is that you should setup a testnet for it so you aren't running into any problems.

This is what I wrote to Vegasguy, I was a little drunk when I wrote it though but still sounds nice Smiley

Hey no worries, just don't panic and you'll be fine.

Just imagine it like "whatever it's just numbers on the screen", they only represent the people invested in it and how much they own. It's the people that matter because they are putting their trust in you to make the best decisions. You've got a good thing going and really good ideas so just slow down and take a breather and figure things out before making any rash decisions. Truth is there is no real way to run any altcoin but personally I think that all you need to do is to prove trust to people, they don't care if you make mistakes because you are human like everyone else. One of the best chef's I ever met once told me "own your mistakes" and it rings true because eventually everyone will drop the ball lol

I really liked that you increased the block time to like 5 minutes, I also really liked the fee structure you implanted and the no Fees for multisend, also really like the random superblocks and the possibility of receiving the high fees in Staking. The best advice I can is, is to be open about as much as possible and that will help you most in the longrun.

I'm still a little unclear as to the problem and solution? I'll be code hunting tomorrow so maybe there is something I can help you with?
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:48:04 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 05:37:24 AM by vegasguy

Yes Crestingon was wonderful. I have a tendency to get emotional when things dont go right and certain people easily calm me down. I dont know if this is right or wrong but when I take on a project, I dont quit, I dont stop, no matter what the obstacles. Im even more driven if I love what im doing. Even though Fly has had it challenges, I know in my heart that it will be legendary. It will be cloned over and over , because it will be a masterpiece. Im a perfectionist by nature, and I know nothing is perfect, but I do strive for perfection as close as I can get in my work. I know that Perfection is not attainable, but if we relentlessly chase perfection we can at a minimum attain excellence.I want to dispel the myth that might be going around that im some guy that cant make up his mind. The reality is: I want Fly to be the absolute finest and best quality in crypto ever. Now to get to that level, requires ideas that have never been dreamed about or ever tried in Crypto. With that there will be "failures" along the way, but when everything starts working , it will be pure magical. So I dont want to frustrate the investors with loads of forks and updates, but until we get the basics of our fee table correctly working and Superfly working again, it may require a few tries. Crestington and Presstab are both experts and they have both advised me that this next fork should be tested on testnet first and I cannot agree more.  So again, FLY is doing the opposite of all other coins. Where most devs are doing nothing , and not communicating and not doing updates, FLY is doing major updates with tons of communication.

Thanks for your valuable time.

I just kind of wanted to throw out whats on my mind to you guys and let you know I truly care about this project and what it means to all of us. More than you know. I wont stop working on FLY until there is no doubt it IS the highest quality crytpo, EVER.

Vegas

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:37:14 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 05:21:36 AM by vegasguy

I read a lot of philosophy books, and here is a quote that sums up how I feel -

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the hero of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who risks himself to a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Vegas

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:32:50 AM

People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ONLY ones who do.

Vegas

zeewolf

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

In dreamland; he awaits you.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 07:01:04 PM

Tweet for next week : https://twitter.com/zeewolfik/status/669228974099296258

TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:13:56 PM

People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ONLY ones who do.

Vegas

I see two SuperFLY stakes that i have received within the the last day or so. Hopefully all is going well on the test net squashing those bugs.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: